Sign in to follow this  
Eclipse/Zer0

New card expansion: Omen of the Ten

410 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Othello said:

Well reveals are starting for the last lot, seems the leaks are correct (at least for shadowcraft anyway so far) xD so err... RIP unlimited? 

I don't think Cerby will break Unlimited as much she will break Rotation. In Unlimited there are already Catacomb shenanigans, Corpse reanimations via Lady Grey madness, etc. At turn 5 you don't have any problems and most likely have already a board. Meanwhile in Rotation nor Corpse or Catacomb are present, so Cerberus' impact is WAY higher. Now everyone will enjoy turn 6 Gremory into turn 7 "Eachtar" whenever they go. Fantastic. Gg Cy, you managed to make TotG 2.0 perfectly.

8 minutes ago, Eclipse/Zer0 said:

I don't think Cerby will break Unlimited as much she will break Rotation. In Unlimited there are already Catacomb shenanigans, Corpse reanimations via Lady Grey madness, etc. At turn 5 you don't have any problems and most likely have already a board. Meanwhile in Rotation nor Corpse or Catacomb are present, so Cerberus' impact is WAY higher. Now everyone will enjoy turn 6 Gremory into turn 7 "Eachtar" whenever they go. Fantastic. Gg Cy, you managed to make TotG 2.0 perfectly.

I don’t know, i still think even all that, a t5 11/11 spread can be fairly oppressive to anything, not Haven really lol. At least the Cheron translation is this turn only, but it’s any Shadowcraft Card, thought of a 2pp Eachtar is frightening xD 

Just now, Othello said:

I don’t know, i still think even all that, a t5 11/11 spread can be fairly oppressive to anything, not Haven really lol. At least the Cheron translation is this turn only, but it’s any Shadowcraft Card, thought of a 2pp Eachtar is frightening xD 

Charon is 6pp lol, you cannot play her turn 5.

Now that all cards have been revealed, I'll do a small recap of what to craft. I'll talk only about legendaries, because everyone will get 3+ copies of all bronzes, 3 copies of nearly all silvers and most of the golds.

Forest: unless you are really a diehard Forest main, I wouldn't expect that much. Tia can be used for SDH decks or maybe Control Forest (a deck I don't expect to be any good). Izudia is arguably the worst Omen.

Sword: Octrice is not a 3-copy-must-have, but a very good tech option. If you are really willing to play an innovative Sqord playstyle in the form of Usurpation Sword, you will need 3 copies of her. Jiraiya in the other hand is very bad, I wouldn't craft it.

Rune: Raio might not be a key card now, but he will be used FOR SURE in the future. Don't dust it him you get some copies. Prophetess in the other hand depends of you wanting to make a deck with her or not. It is not mandatory, totally optional as she makes her own deck.

Dragon: Galmieux can give any Dragon deck huge value, but I don't know if she is that important or not. Jabber in the other hand is like Prophetess, you can make it or not (I like when legendaries make their own decks).

Shadow: JUST CRAFT 3 COPIES OF BOTH OF THEM. Ok, Rulenye is not an insta-craft but still a big tech card. Meanwhiel Cerberus...op af, also probably Mid Shadow will reign in both formats so...

Blood: Valnareik is not a mandatory adition to DB decks, but such a good one that any competitive decklist will want 3 copies of her. Also DB has potential to be tier 2 at least. Calamity Bringer...don't craft it.

Haven: Marwynn...I don't know, he is too niche for me to evaluate him. Seraph is also another "optional craft", for people (like me) that don't have Garuda or Tzekibaba or any of the "amulet wincons" she is a good alternative for playing Control Haven.

Portal: Lishena is probably one of the most fun Omens, I wouldn't be surprised if a deck built around her rises up to tier 2; again, an "optional craft". Enervating Armor is not mandatory, I would prioritize other legendaries.

Neutral: if you are a memelord, go for Mjerrabaine. Gilnelise in the other hand is a 3-copies-must-have for pretty much any player. She will enable midrange decks by herself.

About the meta, I'll make some raw guesses:

Rotation:

-Forest goes down a lot, relegated to slow decks and outperformed by most of the classes.

-Sword rises due to new playstyle, Latham shenanigans become stronger thanks to Rapier Master. Still out of tier 1.

-Chimera Rune becomes the meta-definer of how long matches are due to added consistency from Apostle of Truth, any other Rune decks are left for garbage or meme tier.

-Dragon has a new deck in Disdain Dragon, but cannot fight for tier 1. Falls in winrate, but keeps it playrate for some time.

-Shadow becomes tier 1 out of nowhere thanks to Cerberus and the best usage of Gilnelise in the form of classic Mid Shadow. Arcus and all other decks dissappear.

-Blood becomes meta again but only with 1 deck: DB Blood. Vengeance dies and Aggro Bats cannot keep.

-Haven rises as the anti-meta class thanks to some of the amazing Repose cards that will be run in kost of the decks. Combo decks cannot take Haven down, but midrange decks keep it in hard check.

-Portal loses its tier 1 spot due to the huge nerf to Puppet Portal. Artifacts rise in popularity and Lishena Portal appears as another solid otk deck.

Unlimited:

-Forest doesn't change that much, Roach keeps being the deck-to-go for the whole class. Some meme decks try to shine without result.

-Sword goes down even further, I only expect some meme Spartacus decks to act like "Sword D-Shifts" as a new barrier to control decks.

-D-Shift becomes even more cancer thanks to Apostle of Truth bs. Some experimentation with Prophetess.

-Dragon goes to the unplayable tier due to no buffs from Cy and lack of cards to improve its gameplan.

-Shadow keeps being tier 1, even if it will be a bit slower due to Gremory being limited its winrate will be more polarized: it will start losing against D-Shift and win harder against everything else.

-Blood keeps being a solid class with both Vengeance (which be less played due to no new cards) and DB. This last one will be another "counter" to Mid Shadow as now it has more time to play DB.

-Haven might have a rise in popularity due to Realm of Repose, becoming the only control deck nearly viable with decklists full of banish, aoe and damage reduction.

-Portal will still have low popularity, even worse now that Puppets are nerfed, and Lishena Portal might be the new go-to deck in Unlimited for Portal players thanks to Basileus banishing Mid Shadow's board and having a slightly slow (turn 8 Destruction in Black) but strong combo.

Looking forward to Haven and GChimera in the expansion, still fairly wallet-ish though, Omen... Another Garuda so I have 3.... Seraph.... but at least we got some decent cheap cards, well....Unicorn Knight.... and Realm of Repose, but so far the legendaries and the Golds seem to be must crafts. Apostle of Repose being a continual effect is so nice, Love ended with Lorena though, you stay in Tenko... that now doesn’t have Tenko, boo.... need legendary Tenko reprint. 

I sense Chimera is gonna be busted though, it’s hard not looking forward to it... lol. I want me some Adjudication and Apostle, Raio is gonna go in a deck of his own me thinks. 

1 hour ago, Eclipse/Zer0 said:

-Dragon goes to the unplayable tier due to no buffs from Cy and lack of cards to improve its gameplan.

it's playable (as a meme): play roost--> start praying

44 minutes ago, Kyubey said:

it's playable (as a meme): play roost--> start praying

I should craft the 3rd Zooey asap, because Roost will be the only thing that will make Dragon nearly playable this next expansion. Ramp is dead, PDK cannot compete, even Aggro is dead.

I think I'll just stop this game again for a moment until Shadowcraft drop to decent winrate in Unlimited. When I think about how much time it was dominating because of Echturd, and now they think it is a good idea to print a 5pp card worth roughtly 7pp... for Shadow, I start to understand why this game had very scarce interesting meta.

They're a bloody bunch of incapable devs when it comes to balance. To think they had to do an emergency rework on Jabber and print such a stupid card for a class which had already too many months of domination, I can't even. They'd almost make HS look like a balanced game even if it never was.

How the hell can you create this :

https://imgur.com/a/vX2wIr2

and this :

https://imgur.com/a/ZepUzim

I'm virtually speechless. They're so flawed.

Edited by Kinxil

1 hour ago, Kinxil said:

I think I'll just stop this game again for a moment until Shadowcraft drop to decent winrate in Unlimited. When I think about how much time it was dominating because of Echturd, and now they think it is a good idea to print a 5pp card worth roughtly 7pp... for Shadow, I start to understand why this game had very scarce interesting meta.

They're a bloody bunch of incapable devs when it comes to balance. To think they had to do an emergency rework on Jabber and print such a stupid card for a class which had already too many months of domination, I can't even. They'd almost make HS look like a balanced game even if it never was.

How the hell can you create this :

https://imgur.com/a/vX2wIr2

and this :

https://imgur.com/a/ZepUzim

I'm virtually speechless. They're so flawed.

Don't worry, the format Mid Shadow will **** up the most will be Rotation. Why? Because there are triple the chances of Gremory coming down on turn 6 xd.

Hopefully they have to make an emergency nerf like they did on January with Mysterian Knowledge.

Just because I missed the sword discussion...sword was my first main class,  and the thing I loved most about it was alwidas command. Something about summoning followers by a spell is really fun to me , dragon knights is one of my most favourite cards to use and I loved council and clash. That paired with sword having some great art in those cards is what I liked most about it. Now I play portal mainly , sword loses most match ups and I loved puppets ever since portal was released. That new pirate package looks great as that's again generated cards with nice theme.

If that jiraya leak is acurate tho I'm gonna be sad, why would sword need a 9 mana follower that changes others to 1/1 that's WAY too late.