Sign in to follow this  
Eclipse/Zer0

New card expansion: Omen of the Ten

409 posts in this topic

First of all, I know this forum will be closing the next month. But, after all, we still have time for discussing the next expansion!!!

I present you, the next card expansion:

(I put voth trailers because some people can consider Japanase trailers better lol)

https://shadowverse.com/sp/cardpack/omenoftheten/

No new mechanics are introduced, but there is a big lore page lol:

https://shadowverse.com/sp/omenoftheten/

Up to now, we only know 1 card:

Mjerrabaine, Omen of One

Neutral Legendary Follower

6pp 4/4 (6/6)

Fanfare: If there are no duplicate cards in your deck (excluding Mjerrabaine, Omen of One), give your leader the following effect - At the end of your turn, if only one allied follower is in play, give +2/+2 to a random allied follower, deal 2 damage to a random enemy follower, and deal 2 damage to the enemy leader. (This effect is not stackable and lasts for the rest of the match.)

I don't know how they will fit 10 legendaries in 9 classes (8+Neutral), maybe the 2 Neutral legendaries are Omens...

Edit: I forgot to mention that 2 leaders will be in the packs, so the gacha hell keeps going... Oh, and mini-expansion confirmed too

Edited by Eclipse/Zer0

I’m torn, on one hand, I want Marwynn to be haven, cause he looks great xD but knowing us, it’ll be Valnariek, not that I mind that, looks to be interesting.

Talking about the legendary we got (Mjerrabaine):

THIS IS OBVIOUSLY NOT A MEME LOL. Now seriously, the effect is very strong, but the condition is garbage. It forces you to run a whole deck of non-repeated cards, which means you have to fill the deck with usually sub-optimal cards, and that some classes straight up cannot use him. It also requires you to have only 1 follower in play lol. Gotta admit, this is nuts in T2.

A card supporting EDH format (1 exemplary per card ) ? Infinitely yes. But as now unless there is more of this, it's neraly unplayable. Everyone now should know the destiny of an overpriced neutral legendary.

Yea, the effect is easily on the level of Jerva without the con, but this will not be enough to cope with the inconsistency of an EDH deck (especially early game). It was already hard in Hearthstone with Reno, which is arguably better, and with a 30 card deck. So 40...

Make the card 5pp or turn the +2/+2 into 2 defense on leader and now we'll discuss.

Nevertheless I might be wrong and will try the card anyway for sure, because it's an invitation to advanced deck building strategy (to get rampaged by a turn 7 Roach lol).

Edited by Kinxil

Hmmm I do not understand very well how will the distribution of the legendary, will be 10 at the beginning of the expansion (1 for each class and 2 Neutrals) and then 8 more legendary in the mini pack?O.o

Edited by Malkavian

5 minutes ago, Malkavian said:

Hmmm I do not understand very well how will the distribution of the legendary, will be 10 at the beginning of the expansion (1 for each class and 2 Neutrals) and then 8 more legendary in the mini pack?O.o

Nope, I think 2 Omens are gonna be Neutral, and then each class will have 1 Omen and 1 whatever-it-is legendary. Then another 8 legendaries for the mini-expansion.

Also, new Dragon bronze:

Dragonriding Sniper

Dragoncraft Bronze Follower

4pp 2/2 (4/4)

Whenever an enemy follower attacks your leader, deal 2 damage to that follower. Then remove this effect on this follower. Can't be attacked

Defensive card anyone asked for. Pack filler. Insta-dust. Next.

Edited by Eclipse/Zer0

It seems like there is ACTUALLY a new mechanic. The Spanish page of the expansion leaked it for some minutes:

Basically it makes followers and amulets from your deck be summoned to your board from the deck if the requirements are done. Interesting, but I cannot imagine how good it will be...if it is true.

20 minutes ago, Eclipse/Zer0 said:

It seems like there is ACTUALLY a new mechanic. The Spanish page of the expansion leaked it for some minutes:

Basically it makes followers and amulets from your deck be summoned to your board from the deck if the requirements are done. Interesting, but I cannot imagine how good it will be...if it is true.

It’s gonna be either broken, or crap, but deck thinning is deck thinning, it’s just whether we get stuff like Airjammer, or Manifestation. xD 

Did I just saw Pucci?

I will ****ing craft that leggos just for Pucci sake..

I don't care if this expansion is **** but this one is expansion is clearly made in Heaven!!

2 minutes ago, Hikaru said:

Did I just saw Pucci?

I will ****ing craft that leggos just for Pucci sake..

I don't care if this expansion is **** but this one is expansion is clearly made in Heaven!!

Too bad he doesn't have Chronos' effect lol. You could just play this guy and Chronos in a Haven deck xd.

6 minutes ago, Eclipse/Zer0 said:

Too bad he doesn't have Chronos' effect lol. You could just play this guy and Chronos in a Haven deck xd.

why not f'cking both? Pucci-Chronos-spartacus MADE IN HEBUN!!! ACCELLERATTEE!!! 

alright joke aside I think I could manage to use him somehow in Rune deck.. mainly because rune is the only one who have enough cheap removal in curve and various cards with good effect on low curve with almost no good card at late game other than G-chimera.

The deck going to be named Made in Heaven ofc.. also If I read the desc right you can have 3 copy of Pucci in your deck

Edited by Hikaru

9 minutes ago, Eclipse/Zer0 said:

Holy ****ing **** HOLY ****ING **** HOOOOOLLLYY ****ING SHHHEEEEEEEEEEEET

He's Voiced by George Nakata!! ****ING PERFECT 10/10 MUST CRAFT!!! 

I'm reading some theories around Reddit about how will those Omens be. The lore page talks about "trials of the Omens", and we can argue about 'Baine boi's trial being "accepting solitude" in his requirements for his effect. Thus, we can also argue that each Omen will have a very powerful effect that has some hard requirement, I suspect it being related to deckbuilding. For example, the Rune forcing you to not have followers (besides it), the Haven one restricting you to not have any amulet, the Portal one requiring you to have 50+ cards in the deck, etc. This are only ideas, if I knew to which class each Omen is into, I could give more ideas.

I suspect them to be:

1st: Mjerrabaine: Neutral. Actually confirmed, but if he wasn't I would still say Neutral.

2nd: Lishena: Haven. Has 2 statues of an angel and a demon. Fits perfectly. Also talks about worshipping her.

3rd: Rulenye: Shadow. Edgy boi with a scythe. Also dead things are silent lol.

4th: Marwynn: (sadly) Dragon. Pretty much because everyone else fits better in other crafts.

5th: Galmieux: Rune. Wants things to burn, like Isabelle with D-Shift (lol). Now seriously, fire=magic.

6th: Izudia: Forest. The only one with green in its design, also wields a bow. Pretty much Forest.

7th: Valnareik: Blood. Somehow Blood always gets the lustful things.

8th: Octrice: Sword. She looks like a pirate xd.

9th: Raio: Portal. This guys screams "I'M A PORTAL CARD".

10th: Gilnelise: Neutral. She could also fit Shadow, but as she is the last one and is shown fighting with 'Baine boi, I guess she is Neutral too.

Edited by Eclipse/Zer0

5 hours ago, Eclipse/Zer0 said:

5th: Galmieux: Rune. Wants things to burn, like Isabelle with D-Shift (lol). Now seriously, fire=magic.

Galmieux has a dragon arm isnt she? I think the fat guy is gonna be Haven.

6 hours ago, Eclipse/Zer0 said:

4th: Marwynn: (sadly) Dragon. Pretty much because everyone else fits better in other crafts.

should be Heaven because he kept saying stuff bout worship and stuff

Personally, I got the hint that Marwynn was gonna be Haven purely because that’s what Eris was trying to do with Nexus the first third of the game, put the world to sleep so it can be wiped clean and started over, but maybe that’s just me that thinks that... xD 

though I do have to agree with @Eclipse/Zer0 that Octrice looks to be Swordcraft, she’s the omen of Usurpation, which generally is to do with overthrowing royalty, along with her weapon Avarita being another form of the word Avarice, so it’s Greed. (Also doesn’t help Sword is Royal Craft in JP lol) Rather interesting to find out who belongs to who. xD 

All I'm gonna say for now is that this blonde chick is smoking HOT! also I hope the Dragon Omen is really good & not trash :)

3 hours ago, Hikaru said:

should be Heaven because he kept saying stuff bout worship and stuff

I mean, there is more than 1 Omen talking about worshipping...

2 hours ago, Othello said:

Personally, I got the hint that Marwynn was gonna be Haven purely because that’s what Eris was trying to do with Nexus the first third of the game, put the world to sleep so it can be wiped clean and started over, but maybe that’s just me that thinks that... xD 

But this sounds more like it. Then it would mess up everything, because I don't know which class could Lishena fit other than Haven.

10 minutes ago, Eclipse/Zer0 said:

I mean, there is more than 1 Omen talking about worshipping...

But this sounds more like it. Then it would mess up everything, because I don't know which class could Lishena fit other than Haven.

Lishena could be Rune, her description does day destruction in white, and destruction in black, so does make a bit of sense when you consider rune’s current choices, Mysteria Wyrmist becomes Ivory/Ebon, Abyss Summoner makes Chimeras/Demons, Runie’s Boon/Doom, so it could fit in, with bit of a stretch, problem is none of them really suggest anyone of them can directly fit into Rune outside of tapping into the whole life/death scenario alchemy brings. 

Okay. Trailer starts with a waifus. Pretty good. Over all WD trailer is still the best one.

So basicaly we are gonna have 2 new mechanics: first one is Reno decks. Free to play help, unless broken. And Deck thinning one. I'm ready to see it beeing 15% broken and 85% useless. If you can fetch Seraph by turn 5? it could be pretty good. How ever ER amulets have fanfares. Exept heaven and dragon nobody want to play it.. on paper.

Also no poster girl! This is suspisious.

6 minutes ago, zzMedVeDzz said:

Over all WD trailer is still the best one.

Ikr.

6 minutes ago, zzMedVeDzz said:

Also no poster girl! This is suspisious.

We can argue we have 10 poster characters...

I mean, until CG we had a legendary as the mascot of the expansion, then DbNe we had 2 (tecnically 1 because Moon and Sun), and in BotS we had a gold card (Lyria). Now we have 10 legendaries as mascots.

6 minutes ago, Eclipse/Zer0 said:

Ikr.

We can argue we have 10 poster characters...

I mean, until CG we had a legendary as the mascot of the expansion, then DbNe we had 2 (tecnically 1 because Moon and Sun), and in BotS we had a gold card (Lyria). Now we have 10 legendaries as mascots.

I think they are trying derail from poster-girl=strong card type of ****.
Also they probably went balls deep into Reno decks, making them playable for all classes and wanted to reflect that... I dont belive in this actualy xD

Hey btw, how did Seraph became meta deck in unlimited O_O??

Edited by zzMedVeDzz