Sign in to follow this  
Eclipse/Zer0

Brigade of the Sky 2nd Rotation GP

23 posts in this topic

Yep, Rotation is still a broken mess.

Rock-paper-scissors with Puppet Portal, Aggro Forest and Summit Haven.

Skipping this ****.

Fully agree. There is a reason why I stayed at AA1 in Rotation and simply don't play it. Unlimited is WAY more interesting and diverse.

IMO, Rotation was the worst thing that ever happened to Shadowverse.

this whole game is a mess. these gps are more agonizing then fun.. free but annoying and ****ty

Man B&B always gets understimated so bad in almost every meta, no one is talking about it, but the deck has a lot of strong and popular match ups, and yes rotation is kinda crappy since the split of formats.

According to shadowlog, rotation is actually about equally balanced with unlimited. Maybe you're skipping it because you can't faceroll it with aggro dragon?

I noticed there hasnt been a shadowlog thread in a while. Is it because the last 2 weeks rotation has been fairly balanced and nobody can actually blame the imbalance for why they're losing all the time?

Edited by Bakabridget

1 hour ago, Bakabridget said:

According to shadowlog, rotation is actually about equally balanced with unlimited. Maybe you're skipping it because you can't faceroll it with aggro dragon?

I noticed there hasnt been a shadowlog thread in a while. Is it because the last 2 weeks rotation has been fairly balanced and nobody can actually blame the imbalance for why they're losing all the time?

Maybe it's because the same 4 classes keep monopolizing the whole meta, the amount of viable decks is way lower, the decks are straight up expensive, the difference going 1st is way higher than Unlimited and there are no Combo or Control decks, but just boring Midrange (or Aggro) tempo-oriented with overstated bs decks?

Do you really want to see Shadowlog? Well, I'll prove you wrong even with a not accurate, totally manipulable tool like Shadowlog:

Unlimited:https://shadowlog.com/trend/

Rotation:https://shadowlog.com/trend/2018/31/0/r

In Unlimited the only classes not having viable decks are Sword and Portal. Portal id not surprising, Sword is due to Mid Shadow. Except Portal, all classes are being played but Shadow and Rune are rampant at 20% both. The winrate going 1st vs going 2nd is a 5% higher on average. Viable decks (with 51+% winrate and 150+ games) would be Roach Forest, Neutral Forest, Mid Forest (with Roach package), Dirt Rune, Aggro Dragon, Mid Shadow, Atomy Shadow, Nep Shadow (lol), Vengeance Blood, Mid Blood (wtf is this), Heavenly Haven (wtf is this).

In Rotation there are 3 classes nog having viable decks at all, being them Rune, Shadow and Blood. Dragon only has PDK with a low playrate. Both Shadow and Blood are dead in playrate, while Rune are Portal are nearly 20% playrate. The winrate going 1st vs going 2nd is around a 10% higher on average, with ALL the classes performing better going 1st. Viable decks (51+% winrate and 300+ games (300 instead of 150 due to the difference in games registered) would be Aggro Forest, Mid Forest, Mid Sword, Aggro Sword, PDK Dragon, Heavenly Haven (seriously, what is this) and Puppet Portal.

Rotation hasn't been balanced, and I've proven you with the same source you were asking for. Unlimitef keeps being more balanced and having more variety than Rotation by far, even though there are some problems like Mid Shadow or Shadow and Rune's playrates.

Now go play your beloved Rotation, but don't come again with the "Rotation is better lul" argument. You can enjoy Rotation, but facts are facts.

#reckt

Edited by Eclipse/Zer0

Lol I don't enjoy either format so I haven't even been playing. just wanted to point out that maybe you're just... i dunno... Not as good as you think you are? There are a few unviable classes in rotation. i was pointing more at the fact that none of them are overwhelmingly broken none of the strong rotation classes are stronger than the strong unlimited classes.

You've complained and whined literally every rotation grand prix even though other people don't have the same problem you do. It's because you can't lean on a deck like aggro dragon and can't compete as a result.

Your constant ****ing about rotation has grown obnoxious which is why I've called you out. The problem is clearly you.

If you want to bring up playrates. Unlimited has 4 classes below a 10% play rate, while rotation only has 2 classes below a 10% playrate. The highest playrate class in unlimited is higher than the highest play rate class of rotation. Overall, excluding blood and shadow, rotation has a much more balanced playrate across classes than unlimited does.

And I didn't even say it was better, I said "about equally balance". Stay free.

Edited by Bakabridget

48 minutes ago, Bakabridget said:

Trash at the game

Yeah obviously. Ad Hominem at its finest.

few unviable classes

With few you mean 3.5/8 (Dragon is half dead)? Yeah, few.

You've complained and whined literally every rotation grand prix

Because Rotation is the modt boring and plain format and never reaches balances or archetype variety?

even though other people don't have the same problem you do

And many other people have the same problem as me with Rotation GPs.

It's because you can't lean on a deck like aggro dragon and can't compete as a result.

Talk about the last Unlimited GP where I climbed with Mid Shadow because Aggro Dragon had a bad matchup against it, meaning that I don't need Aggro Dragon to live. It's actually the Dragon deck I like the least.

Your constant ****ing about rotation has grown obnoxious which is why I've called you out. The problem is clearly you.

Maybe I complain too much about Rotation, but 1st you are not an admin so too bad you are anyone to call anyone else out, and 2nd I have reasons, the same as many other people in this forum or others like Reddit (where people already said they could skip this Rotation GP as soon as the sleeves were anounced). I have something, and that is being a Unlimited player. Is that a problem? No, but Rotation is clearly worse in modt of the cases gameplay-wise.

Unlimited has 4 classes below a 10% play rate, while rotation only has 2 classes below a 10% playrate. The highest playrate class in unlimited is higher than the highest play rate class of rotation. Overall, excluding blood and shadow, rotation has a much more balanced playrate across classes than unlimited does.

More like 3 classes being played slightly below average (100/8=12.5) being Sword, Dragon and Haven, being Haven and Dragon the lowest with a 8.8%, and 1 class not being played (Portal). Meanwhile there are 2 classes not being played in Rotation.

The most played classes in both Rotation and Unlimited are only 1.6% away one of each other.

If we talk about going 1st vs going 2nd, Rotation is worse.

If we talk about viable decks per class and archetype, Unlimited keeps having more variety due to having 6 classes with viable decks, being them Aggro, Midrange, Control, Combo, and even some highroll deck. Rotation has 4 classes with viable decks and all of them being either Aggro or Midrange.

And I didn't even say it was better, I said "about equally balance".

If all of that is "equally balanced"... Comparing Rotation and Unlimited is like comparing Smash Bros Melee (less than half of the cast is viable, the others are utter garbage) with Smash Bros 4 (3/4 of the characters are viable as mains, secondaries or counterpicks). There is no deny in that one is more balanced than the other, but people can prefer the unbalanced one and that is completely acceptable.

I don't have a problem, Rotation has. If you enjoy Rotation is a personal opinion, and I don't have to agree with you in your preferences. I've been just expresing my opinion on something and pointing out facts with numbers and stadistics.

I'm free to say whatever I want about the game because I'm a player too.

1 hour ago, Eclipse/Zer0 said:

Maybe it's because the same 4 classes keep monopolizing the whole meta, the amount of viable decks is way lower, the decks are straight up expensive, the difference going 1st is way higher than Unlimited and there are no Combo or Control decks, but just boring Midrange (or Aggro) tempo-oriented with overstated bs decks?

Do you really want to see Shadowlog? Well, I'll prove you wrong even with a not accurate, totally manipulable tool like Shadowlog:

Unlimited:https://shadowlog.com/trend/

Rotation:https://shadowlog.com/trend/2018/31/0/r

In Unlimited the only classes not having viable decks are Sword and Portal. Portal id not surprising, Sword is due to Mid Shadow. Except Portal, all classes are being played but Shadow and Rune are rampant at 20% both. The winrate going 1st vs going 2nd is a 5% higher on average. Viable decks (with 51+% winrate and 150+ games) would be Roach Forest, Neutral Forest, Mid Forest (with Roach package), Dirt Rune, Aggro Dragon, Mid Shadow, Atomy Shadow, Nep Shadow (lol), Vengeance Blood, Mid Blood (wtf is this), Heavenly Haven (wtf is this).

In Rotation there are 3 classes nog having viable decks at all, being them Rune, Shadow and Blood. Dragon only has PDK with a low playrate. Both Shadow and Blood are dead in playrate, while Rune are Portal are nearly 20% playrate. The winrate going 1st vs going 2nd is around a 10% higher on average, with ALL the classes performing better going 1st. Viable decks (51+% winrate and 300+ games (300 instead of 150 due to the difference in games registered) would be Aggro Forest, Mid Forest, Mid Sword, Aggro Sword, PDK Dragon, Heavenly Haven (seriously, what is this) and Puppet Portal.

Rotation hasn't been balanced, and I've proven you with the same source you were asking for. Unlimitef keeps being more balanced and having more variety than Rotation by far, even though there are some problems like Mid Shadow or Shadow and Rune's playrates.

Now go play your beloved Rotation, but don't come again with the "Rotation is better lul" argument. You can enjoy Rotation, but facts are facts.

#reckt

While I do agree, just thought I’d let you know, you said Rune had no viable deck in rotation, but then said it’s 20% playrate, seems kinda contradictory, unless you just forgot to expand on that point, and Heavenly Haven is Summit temple. Gotta say though... only 2 of those decks out of all of them, have no storm... though it is a tech choice in Neutral forest n Nepnep, that makes me sad.

7 minutes ago, Othello said:

While I do agree, just thought I’d let you know, you said Rune had no viable deck in rotation, but then said it’s 20% playrate, seems kinda contradictory, unless you just forgot to expand on that point, and Heavenly Haven is Summit temple. Gotta say though... only 2 of those decks out of all of them, have no storm... though it is a tech choice in Neutral forest n Nepnep, that makes me sad.

Em, yes. At least it is what Shadowlog says. Rune with a 19% playrate but Chimera Rune at 50% winrate. Literally don't know why people climb with it with that winrate.

Heavenly Haven=Summit Haven. Lol. Shadowlog with the correct names as always.

There's a salt thread for your rotation salt. You don't need to be making these threads if you're gonna whine about the mode.

And I keep looking at the shadowlog, I'm gonna stick by the modes being of similar balance. THe only overpowered deck in winrate right now in rotation is aggro forest. I'm not even bias towards rotation. Before I quit shadowverse I was mostly playing unlimited, because I got tired of rotation. I'm just confused how you can think rotation is trash and unlimited is good when they're both trash.

20180810082206_1.jpg

Logged into the game at the end of july, played unlimited with dragon, the easiest class in the game, collected the last 300 points i needed for the sleeves and havent played since.

Also summit haven is translated as Faith Meeting. Summit in this case being the definition " a meeting between heads of government" Don't know where you're getting heavenly haven

Edited by Bakabridget

8 hours ago, Bakabridget said:

Logged into the game at the end of july, played unlimited with dragon, the easiest class in the game, collected the last 300 points i needed for the sleeves and havent played since.

Aggro Dragon*.

Otherwise it's the easiest only if your opponent brick hard (which doesn't happen that often in Unlimited). Also 300 points suggests you played an handle of games, which does not constitute a decent sample to make such a statement.

Welp curse over, I did my 4-1 with a tad slower, more end game PDK. I might have noticed a bit late how, beside Forest, Rotation is kinda midrangish lately. Canyon does wonder as a result.

terrible rewards but no reason not to participate I guess. All I have to do is go first 4 times. I am sure I can manage that easily enough. 

5-0 with PDK. Yea sure, I'll gladly take Aru sleeves instead of Bahamut.

(Well she looks cool tho, I'll take it I guess)

the first day i go 4-1 on each round now i get nothing but portal going 2nd since the game knows i don't need a win anymore to advance. kind of makes this game a stupid rigged joke.

Final run 4-1. Kinda happy overall but a bit salty over last game, no draw nor PDK = much aw. Well at least it provided me with enough seer shard to have a seer orb... well deserved by one of my PDK. Bless the day that card was created, it's midrange nirvana.

For the record, had 1 aggro forest (too slow), 1 Varana forest (not enough damage to finish me off with Varana), 2 Puppet (both kinda close as far as a turn 8 orchis could happen I guess, but both lost to a non banishable PDK (ALWAYS evolve your PDK without trading anything against a puppet. ALWAYS.). Lost to Axeman forest. Beginning of the game was kinda balanced but I fell short in two turn due to no PDK nor draw (but a Summoner).

Edited by Kinxil

GP finals, what happens the first game?

Puppet Portal mirror...

GOING 2ND.

This is just ridiculous, going 2nd is pretty much losing unless the opponent bricks hard.

Made it to finals and lost game 1 because I bumped into burn rune and bricked.

How is it Rune continues to be the bane of my existence in every GP even in formats where its not even competitive? It has c-blocked my finals run in almost every GP (only 1 of the dawnbreaks and the take 2 ones are the exception) I have done!

The craft must hate me as much as I hate it.....

56 minutes ago, Chappie said:

How is it Rune continues to be the bane of my existence in every GP even in formats where its not even competitive? It has c-blocked my finals run in almost every GP (only 1 of the dawnbreaks and the take 2 ones are the exception) I have done!

The same, I made it to the finals with Heresy just to get beaten by spellboost, I am actually pretty tilted right now lul.

Edit: Sorry I misread, I lost in the last game of the finals.

Edited by Astraea

On 8/17/2018 at 11:11 PM, Chappie said:

23 hours ago, Astraea said:

The same, I made it to the finals with Heresy just to get beaten by spellboost, I am actually pretty tilted right now lul.

Edit: Sorry I misread, I lost in the last game of the finals.

probably because you both play and like slow control decks as do i. and spellboost rune eats slower decks up. 

yep bricked my first final run too vs chimera stood no chance as i was control haven temple ofc they had perfect draws.. the rigging oh cy does.

Edited by jMw