Sign in to follow this  
Alexx55

Arise, necromancers!!! Control Shadow is back!

9 posts in this topic

You heard me right! Me and @Unryuu have been doing serious theorycrafting, testing and updating, and as an end result we got this masterpiece. You may be thinking: "But this is just the Reanimate shadow but Zeus is replaced with Khawy and Mordecai!!!" But to you I answer: Look again. A standart reanimate shadow only focuses on the t5 highroll, while this deck couldnt care less. You are able to drop Necro DB on curve, CONSISTENTLY, while being able to generate enough shadows for a nice Tyrant finish. My current record is 8-3 (excluding privates vs Unryuu). I have only lost twice vs Daria and once vs Reanimate after drawing horribly. Some possible replacements might include New Cerid for Tyrants, although that is questionable and by prefference.

deckShadowcraft (3).png

Lmao, you both doesnt even invite other people whom is Shadow's fan.

I did see this kind of list before, but i played Lich Atomy decklist rn.

Would see to try it. No need for regenerate spirit?

Edited by Greevilz

15 minutes ago, Greevilz said:

Lmao, you both doesnt even invite other people whom is Shadow's fan.

I did see this kind of list before, but i played Lich Atomy decklist rn.

Would see to try it. No need for regenerate spirit?

It was through Discord. And regenerat spirit is not really needed. No real good targets.

22 minutes ago, Alexx55 said:

It was through Discord. And regenerat spirit is not really needed. No real good targets.

Allright then.I have discord tho.Didnt have friends yet.

Doubt this can outpace dshift and midsword with banishvalse.

Edited by Greevilz

22 minutes ago, Greevilz said:

Allright then.I have discord tho.Didnt have friends yet.

Doubt this can outpace dshift and midsword with banishvalse.

You have t5 immortal dude and can get another one next turn.  D-shift is quite ok matchup. And Sword....talk to @Unryuu.

8 hours ago, Alexx55 said:

And Sword....talk to @Unryuu.

^_^ Unspeakable things happened whilst we playtested.

Dimension Shift can be outpaced because very few lists run Banish nowadays (very few early drops are worth it). If anything that was the design concept for the deck; that DS could viably hold Embrace for Zeus but doesn't have a consistent answer for a slower Morde.

As for Mid Sword, Valse needs to come down on T3/T4 for the Holy to be picked and ready on T5, which it rarely is. With the amount of shadow count you produce, I was actually considering an x 2 Foul Tempest/Mist of Extinction for swarm, or perhaps Odile to delete Arthur boards (mostly).

I'm actually going to write a section on theory matchups and how to operate the list.

Realized it was pretty intuitive, after a few matches. :D

P.S. I'm actually okay with being the mod for a small Discord of forum members to better coordinate the messy initial work of theory/playtest for new decks, if sufficient people are interested in similar ideas. PM me to work it out.

Edited by Unryuu

Playing the insanity that is Control Shadow with a few tweaks on Unlimited ladder. Those draw highrolls made Daria look bad.

@Alexx55 this is why you tech Haunt :D. I admit it, I'm a madman. Next stop, Abyss Straddler.

Edited by Unryuu

Well nice deck , i have wonderful experience  with this deck ....

Queue 6 time in unlimited and guess what , all 6 against rune 

Its either daria , mysteria burn and dshift ... and i lose it all ..

maybe im just so bad at shadow ........  

(You cant only rely at ressurecting mordecai at t5 with ceridwen , they just gonna turn it into rat or rimewind it , but wth using rimewind on dshift   )

2 hours ago, Void said:

Well nice deck , i have wonderful experience  with this deck ....

Queue 6 time in unlimited and guess what , all 6 against rune 

Its either daria , mysteria burn and dshift ... and i lose it all ..

maybe im just so bad at shadow ........  

(You cant only rely at ressurecting mordecai at t5 with ceridwen , they just gonna turn it into rat or rimewind it , but wth using rimewind on dshift   )

Sure, I'll accept that a deck like Shift on a timer with mass transform or banish is probably a counter. But at the same time, I've run this on ladder and it doesn't perform half badly. Perhaps it's because of the way we play, or the fact that I seem to run into mainly Reanimate Zeus, Aggro Sword, OTK Roach and Carabosse Blood much more than Mysteria/Daria (I'm playing at ~3500 points in Unlimited Masters).

Not sure what to say if that's your experience, though.

In other news, I made a couple of list updates. I cut Khawy because a Ceres is usually sufficient to stop Aggro, which doesn't field large bodies anyway. Instead, the focus is on Morde consistency. Burial Rite confers a huge advantage over the typical Neph list because it allows you to unbrick your hand and cycle cards effectively. As a result, I've gone ahead and tinkered with the proportions so that the natural game plan will be: draw, cycle hand, board threats, search for Tyrant, finish.

Note that only about 50% of the deck are followers, so your Burial Rite cycle should find Morde quickly as well as Ceridwen. The use of Midnight Haunt is strategic here because it enables Turn 7+ Tyrant consistently: T6 Haunt, then you use your T5 Morde to clear the ward, then storm through.

YW2vD0x.png

Edited by Unryuu