Sign in to follow this  
Unryuu

DBNE Seraph Haven

5 posts in this topic

Just wondering if a list like this could work for Unlimited. Inspired by the new tools like Moriae and Jeanne we received in DBNE.

Alexiel is there as unique tech for decks that like to OTK your face if you skip a turn to Seraph. Drop Godsworn the turn before, and then her effect automatically activates when you board Seraph. If they're playing Darkfeast Bat or something, you won't need to race Seraph with the Bat. Moriae is really good here; it has draw, and you can proc it early for value. Hind allows for the Moriae-Darkhind play if you have another amulet in play.

Another option is to consider Tarnished Grail, since you can play another amulet the turn after T8 drop and burst the Grail instantly with Darkhind. Then sit behind your Alexiels whilst Astaroth does your work.

wlVF5fj.png

Edited by Unryuu

34 minutes ago, Unryuu said:

Just wondering if a list like this could work for Unlimited. Inspired by the new tools like Moriae and Jeanne we received in DBNE.

Alexiel is there as unique tech for decks that like to OTK your face if you skip a turn to Seraph. Drop Godsworn the turn before, and then her effect automatically activates when you board Seraph. If they're playing Darkfeast Bat or something, you won't need to race Seraph with the Bat. Moriae is really good here; it has draw, and you can proc it early for value. Hind allows for the Moriae-Darkhind play if you have another amulet in play.

Another option is to consider Tarnished Grail, since you can play another amulet the turn after T8 drop and burst the Grail instantly with Darkhind. Then sit behind your Alexiels whilst Astaroth does your work.

wlVF5fj.png

You didnt run themis ? If i see this deck , this deck looks weak against midrange but maybe just my feeling , how this deck going ? The problem with seraph is actually theres so many amulet banish right now especially against sword , valse into lightbomb is instant gg, or they just overwhelm you so you cant put your seraph in t8 with their arthur board .  how you bait it ? 

Edited by Void

4 hours ago, Void said:

You didnt run themis ? If i see this deck , this deck looks weak against midrange but maybe just my feeling , how this deck going ? The problem with seraph is actually theres so many amulet banish right now especially against sword , valse into lightbomb is instant gg, or they just overwhelm you so you cant put your seraph in t8 with their arthur board .  how you bait it ? 

First off, this is a theory deck that I wanted to ask advice from others on. I'm currently making x 3 Hind, x 1 Jeanne, x 1 Godsworn to complete it. However most of the remainder is based off an old Seraph list that I used to run; just swapped out a few cards, so that was the basis for it.

Second off, x 3 Jeanne replaces the typical x 3 Themis in this deck because the latter is only rather useful vs. specific matchups. Jeanne lets you play 3PP on curve vs. Aggro (on that note, perhaps Moon & Sun's Amaterasu would help here?). If you see Sword, you mill for Jeanne and hold copies of her since her Enhance kills the entire Arthur board except Arthur body itself. I'll test to see if that's consistent enough, but you can slot x 2 Themis in if you have to.

Third off, the deck isn't meant to be your usual 'rush to Seraph on 8 and pray' lineup. There's plenty of draw, clear, AoE and Godsworn to help you if you're facing a fast deck and need to wait for exhaust + board stabilize rather than to rush Seraph down. I'm actually wondering whether x 2 Priest can be cut for x 2 Moon, x 2 March Hare or x 2 Heavenly Knight to help that. The essence of playstyle should be to use cheap Moriae or Tribunal on curve to kill followers, and then use Dogma/Initiate/Hind etc. to continually trigger those amulets on opponents. That means you have effective Rush and should keep board well.

Fourth, I don't really have a good answer to the Valse question. Even back in the DE days there was no good answer to 'what if they have Odin' for Seraph decks. To be honest, on Unlimited ladder most decks like Forest, Rune and Haven don't run amulet removal, and it's quite literally only Valse which I see. For Valse specifically, I'd qualify that (a) Mid Sword plays Valse on curve a lot, which means that they need to predict you're Seraph and not Storm or Elana from your 1PP/2PP drops and take Holy instead of Lethal, (b) that Valse-Bomb combo is 8PP for 2/2 effective, so they skipped their T8 in response and can't punish you too much for having Seraph banished, and (c) that you have a lot of amulet cycle in the deck, from Hind, Priestess, Globe, so it's much easier to draw multiple Seraphs compared to multiple Valses or Odins.

3 hours ago, Unryuu said:

First off, this is a theory deck that I wanted to ask advice from others on. I'm currently making x 3 Hind, x 1 Jeanne, x 1 Godsworn to complete it. However most of the remainder is based off an old Seraph list that I used to run; just swapped out a few cards, so that was the basis for it.

Second off, x 3 Jeanne replaces the typical x 3 Themis in this deck because the latter is only rather useful vs. specific matchups. Jeanne lets you play 3PP on curve vs. Aggro (on that note, perhaps Moon & Sun's Amaterasu would help here?). If you see Sword, you mill for Jeanne and hold copies of her since her Enhance kills the entire Arthur board except Arthur body itself. I'll test to see if that's consistent enough, but you can slot x 2 Themis in if you have to.

Third off, the deck isn't meant to be your usual 'rush to Seraph on 8 and pray' lineup. There's plenty of draw, clear, AoE and Godsworn to help you if you're facing a fast deck and need to wait for exhaust + board stabilize rather than to rush Seraph down. I'm actually wondering whether x 2 Priest can be cut for x 2 Moon, x 2 March Hare or x 2 Heavenly Knight to help that. The essence of playstyle should be to use cheap Moriae or Tribunal on curve to kill followers, and then use Dogma/Initiate/Hind etc. to continually trigger those amulets on opponents. That means you have effective Rush and should keep board well.

Fourth, I don't really have a good answer to the Valse question. Even back in the DE days there was no good answer to 'what if they have Odin' for Seraph decks. To be honest, on Unlimited ladder most decks like Forest, Rune and Haven don't run amulet removal, and it's quite literally only Valse which I see. For Valse specifically, I'd qualify that (a) Mid Sword plays Valse on curve a lot, which means that they need to predict you're Seraph and not Storm or Elana from your 1PP/2PP drops and take Holy instead of Lethal, (b) that Valse-Bomb combo is 8PP for 2/2 effective, so they skipped their T8 in response and can't punish you too much for having Seraph banished, and (c) that you have a lot of amulet cycle in the deck, from Hind, Priestess, Globe, so it's much easier to draw multiple Seraphs compared to multiple Valses or Odins.

Themis is kinda must in world atomy, zeus turn 5. Themis is second best aoe removal in the game, so I can't belive in deck runing completly without it. At least 1-2.

Rush to Seraph on 8 - is the only possible for this deck to win. After turn 8 other deck drops their wincondition, so you literaly have no time. Roach, Forte Chimera, DS, Fortress, Nep. The difference btw Seraph on 8 and Seraph on 9+ is abysmal. Like more then 30%

Papa banish is top 3 best tempo evo minion in a game. It's hard to imagine Heaven deck with out it. At least 2, yu still need. HK is ok addition.

Answer against Valse is put your hope into brainless of the opponent and ability to draw second Seraph. Also hard push on a board can force opponent to pick 1 mana option.

Can't comment on Hind, b/c I didn't open him.

Also Redhead beauty potentialy will never see play, b/c of her mana cost. If only she costed 7, it would be so wonderfull...

GzqJr6u.png

This is the list I'm currently using.  If you could make your list work, it could be pretty cool. I'd recoomend to keep amulet count as low as 10 for consistent seraph draw.

Edited by zzMedVeDzz

On 5/13/2018 at 4:51 PM, Unryuu said:

wlVF5fj.png

I like the theory behind this.  i use Alexiel in my lion shard deck as tech against dragon and rune in rotation.  I love her.  As a tech option her ability is insane.  It kills some decks outright.  

Not sure about the Jeweled Priestess.  The draw option is nice, but I think in that regard, Sacred Plea is a better option.  Hound for some protection is not terrible.  not sure you need decree in here.

The only other note is one alexiel is amazing.  drawing the second after you play the first feels bad.  

I might try a variant of this with Summit Temple in the deck.  In the event they deal with Seraph, you can beat them down.  Also, gives the banish classes an obvious target that works in the deck.

This is my theory craft.  It plays a little less combo centric than yours, but I think accomplishes what you're trying.

https://shadowverse-portal.com/deck/1.7.6N9tI.6N9tI.6N9tI.6Qzmg.6Qzmg.6Qzmg.67pxY.67pxY.67pxY.6JNhI.6JNhI.6JNhI.60COQ.60COQ.60COQ.6Qv7o.6Qv7o.6Qv7o.6UjGo.6UjGo.6UjGo.63_os.63_os.63_os.6Q_zI.6Q_zI.6Q_zI.6N7gg.6N7gg.6N7gg.60E5y.6BjSI.6BjSI.6BjSI.6Uq6S.6Uq6S.6Uq6S.6Uq6I.67xlY.67xlY?lang=en

Edited by jpants