Sign in to follow this  
Unryuu

Tempo Incorruptible Sword

18 posts in this topic

Just wanted to share a deck that's been performing for me very well (relative to Control that is :D), on Masters Unlimited Ranked lately. The deck core is based around an old RTA Control Sword I built back in the pre-rotation era, but I've been updating it to fit the current expansion.

First version is a more control-oriented list focused around efficient assassinate for major threats, and control over aggro with board swarm. It's built so that you usually pull Mars-Paladin out of the RTA, but also with a lot of extra reach and support from Roland, etc.

Second version is a faster theory list that much more resembles the current Mid Sword and attempts to make use of Arthur. Difference is that it cuts the Lancer of Tempest etc. Commanders from the 3 slot, so you can maintain the RTA pull consistency. There's also a lot more focus on sustain and taunts, in the form of Simone + Staircase etc. I cut Sky Fortress, because it's a one-off attempt to destroy face rather than a much more consistent drop that you'd use for Unlimited, General. No Roland because you'll lose Arthur pulls.

Both decks eat evolves like jet engines with fuel, so I sometimes cut Monika in the first list for more Mages. Idea is though, aggro is usually dead in the water after the first successful RTA evolve drop.

There's also a bit of thought that went into the curves of both decks. For the first one, it's the split between pre-5 and post-5 PP cost Commanders. In a fast meta, you replace Aurelia/Monika with Darksabers. After RTA thins all your Paladin/Mars copies, notice that Lux at 2PP pulls the only other Commander sub-6PP left in the deck. That's Albert. In a slow meta, you keep Aurelia. Then Lux on 4PP pulls either of the two tools you need to survive a OTK combo or face rush - Roland, and General. For the second one, it's the fact that the deck is built to thin itself. As you play RTAs, and Arthurs, the only skeletal parts left are the finishers you'll need: Alberts, Chromatic Duels, and Generals. Valse/Momo to take care of problems. Paradise never starts pulling cards like RTA or Chromatic because they're spells; you only get Alberts/Generals/Momos from those.

Quite obviously, though, they don't belong in the 'budget' section of decks.

69U16CM.png  mOR7Sum.png

Edited by Unryuu

So this is how the list that takes away my will to play vs sword looks like...

Anyways, in the 2nd list I see a major problem, and it is you missing a 2 drop. Veteran lancer (or her powercreeped version of Holy bear knight) Would be a nice addition, so you guarantee ful board swarm with arthur.

27 minutes ago, Alexx55 said:

So this is how the list that takes away my will to play vs sword looks like...

Anyways, in the 2nd list I see a major problem, and it is you missing a 2 drop. Veteran lancer (or her powercreeped version of Holy bear knight) Would be a nice addition, so you guarantee ful board swarm with arthur.

Oops. I was somehow under the impression that Arthur was like RTA, and pulled x 4 randoms instead of different drops. Interesting way to tutor. Fixed the lists. I know people run Holy Bear in the Simone slot, but I honestly don't care for a ward on the 7PP drop and would much rather have a 5/5 ward on Turn 6 to stop Fairies cold.

But yeah, the first list is what I've been running against you in PMs :D.

Edited by Unryuu

List update.

futYPb0.png

Monika is still there for the Havens/Atomys; cut her for Luminous otherwise. I run Simone over HBK in 2PP slot, because HBK enhance is 4/4 which receives no benefit from Roland's aura. WRS in 5PP slot improves Albert pull quality of Lux after RTA exhausts your Mars/Paladin copies, because he's an Officer. Consideration of Sky Fortress swap in over General could work if you needed the Rush brick. If you're feeling ambitious and can handle fast decks, swap x 1 Chromatic for Leonidas.

Edited by Unryuu

Lost all my points trying to do dailies in Masters ranked with an incomplete Haven deck. So I sort-of tilted and took the above list onto ladder. Made it all back in one sitting :D.

No concedes, just Roland into Leonidas/Albert pretty much every match. Thankfully no Dimension Shifts around to break the streak at match #5 or something.

32uwU39.png

Just now, Unryuu said:

Lost all my points trying to do dailies in Masters ranked with an incomplete Haven deck. So I sort-of tilted and took the above list onto ladder. Made it all back in one sitting :D.

No concedes, just Roland into Leonidas/Albert pretty much every match. Thankfully no Dimension Shifts around to break the streak at match #5 or something.

32uwU39.png

Ptp rune in 2018 ? Omegalul  . Despite thats my most favorite rune deck before but still .......

12 minutes ago, Void said:

Ptp rune in 2018 ? Omegalul  . Despite thats my most favorite rune deck before but still .......

Beat a Lindworm deck, a Ramp Polyphonic, a Ramp Zeus, a Neutral Forest, an Aggro Sword, an Aggro Blood, an Arthur Mid Sword, a PTP Rune, and a Dimension Shift that bricked a bit and ran out of removal just as I flopped down 4th super ward in General after Rolands. Or something like that.

Valse/Roland MVP. The former Holy nuked a B&B and a Canyon of Dragons, the latter tanked a Lindworm and 6T worth of Polyphonic for me.

Like a true Swordscum player, I used Albert for lethal at least ~6 times. Of those I think 2 were buffed by Resolve. It's really consistent because the moment you see a slow deck you start throwing down Lux enhance to stock hand with General/Roland/Leon. Then you use that handy new counter on the side that shows what's died in your deck to check for x 3 Mars, x 3 Paladin. If you see that and you've seen at least one Lumi, you play Lux for 2PP to pick up an Albert.

Edited by Unryuu

@UnryuuHow's your collection going, OP?

Makes me thinking of better just play sword than other class...

Edited by Greevilz

13 minutes ago, Greevilz said:

@UnryuuHow's your collection going, OP?

Makes me thinking of better just play sword than other class...

Heyo, thanks for asking after it.

Still sort of hard for me trying to catch up to 2 expansions. I chose to play Sword, actually, because the deck up there doesn't use or want the new Legendary cards like Celia or Arthur. I had x 2 or x 3 of every Sword Legendary and most Golds before rotation, so it wasn't too hard to transition in after I crafted a few cards.

Other decks, however ... Shadow still desperate for x 2 of the new Ceridwen, and maybe Straddler to play with. Forest doing okay because SFL era cards are so OP like Cassio. Currently working with vials on Haven as a priority, trying to get JDA, Snow Whites, Hinds and Godsworn set up.

I've had different decks do well at different times. I think it's definitely a very strong board flood meta currently with lots of Aggro Sword, Aggro Blood and Mid Sword around, which is the reason this deck does so well with RTA and wards you have to trade into. Also a couple of OTK decks that you innately counter, like Lindworm or Darkfeast. Other times, decks like Shadow will do better because back in Neutral Rune/Forest/Sword days there were lots of stat bricks but not too much flood.

So probably not that Sword's any better, just that meta favors it. If the meta shifts I may switch over to Control Forest, for example.

As an addendum the list I used is the same as the latest update but with x 1 Chromatic and x 2 Monika cut for x 1 Leonidas x 2 Luminous Mage respectively. Just chain Rush, board a taunt whenever board allows it, and then watch them run out of hand/remove/evolve. Then Roland comes down as standard T7/T8 play, into your bricks or terrifying drops like RTA + Paladin for 2 Mars 1 Paladin 2 Shield Guardians. Only deck I'm comfortable with spending all the evolves before Albert, because if you win board it's only about 6 you need to face anyway.

Edited by Unryuu

9 minutes ago, Unryuu said:

Heyo, thanks for asking after it.

Still sort of hard for me trying to catch up to 2 expansions. I chose to play Sword, actually, because the deck up there doesn't use or want the new Legendary cards like Celia or Arthur. I had x 2 or x 3 of every Sword Legendary and most Golds before rotation, so it wasn't too hard to transition in after I crafted a few cards.

Other decks, however ... Shadow still desperate for x 2 of the new Ceridwen, and maybe Straddler to play with. Forest doing okay because SFL era cards are so OP like Cassio. Currently working with vials on Haven as a priority, trying to get JDA, Snow Whites, Hinds and Godsworn set up.

I've had different decks do well at different times. I think it's definitely a very strong board flood meta currently with lots of Aggro Sword, Aggro Blood and Mid Sword around, which is the reason this deck does so well with RTA and wards you have to trade into. Also a couple of OTK decks that you innately counter, like Lindworm or Darkfeast. Other times, decks like Shadow will do better because back in Neutral Rune/Forest/Sword days there were lots of stat bricks but not too much flood.

So probably not that Sword's any better, just that meta favors it. If the meta shifts I may switch over to Control Forest, for example.

Hm okay, just that me as a blood liker doesnt have anywhere to go >.>...

Btw, do you looked at new sword galretto? It is going to be problematic but who knows?

Edited by Greevilz

2 minutes ago, Greevilz said:

Hm okay, just that me as a blood liker doesnt have anywhere to go >.>...

Btw, do you looked at new sword galretto? It is going to be problematic but who knows?

If I read correctly the effect is like a mini 2/2 Hero of Antiquity, where it can't be destroyed by spells?

I don't think it's that much of an issue tbh. Two reasons are:

(1) If you play it on curve the likely answers are damage spells, like Shield of Flame, Airborne Barrage, ZParty, or trades. So it doesn't stop much.

(2) If you board it late it does not much. Deck space is very competitive in Mid/Control Sword and 2/2 can't change the board state much. If you included it in Arthur as part of rotation, they're going to wipe your board with Revelation/JDA/Themis etc. regardless so a 2/2 surviving isn't much for the price of cutting HBK, Celia, Cuhullin or Hedgehog.

I wouldn't worry about Blood too much. Shadow's in a bit of a similar spot for me, which is why I main Sword for now. But I still remember all the past months of Blood and how versatile some of the decks were. There's still plenty of good cards in there like Sabreur or Emerelda.

27 minutes ago, Unryuu said:

If I read correctly the effect is like a mini 2/2 Hero of Antiquity, where it can't be destroyed by spells?

I don't think it's that much of an issue tbh. Two reasons are:

(1) If you play it on curve the likely answers are damage spells, like Shield of Flame, Airborne Barrage, ZParty, or trades. So it doesn't stop much.

(2) If you board it late it does not much. Deck space is very competitive in Mid/Control Sword and 2/2 can't change the board state much. If you included it in Arthur as part of rotation, they're going to wipe your board with Revelation/JDA/Themis etc. regardless so a 2/2 surviving isn't much for the price of cutting HBK, Celia, Cuhullin or Hedgehog.

I wouldn't worry about Blood too much. Shadow's in a bit of a similar spot for me, which is why I main Sword for now. But I still remember all the past months of Blood and how versatile some of the decks were. There's still plenty of good cards in there like Sabreur or Emerelda.

Hm allright.Hoping that blood and shadow gets something better than resticted conds like new vampy-soul hunter crap...

Edited by Greevilz

@Greevilz I gave it a bit of thought. If you want to try the deck, you could ostensibly cut x 1 Roland for another playable heavy ward; possible another Simone, or Aurelia if you have one. Just don't insert any more 6PP+ Commanders into the deck. And definitely don't run Leonidas, probably, over Chromatic. So top end would be x 2 General x 1 Roland. You really want to increase your Roland draw % chance as much as possible since that lets you take the most advantage of your 5/5 or 5/6 statline wards.

Problem with deck is that you need to be able to consistently fish for wards out of deck, because it forces your opponent to skip out on face and contest board with you, which you win. That's why Roland/General so important to stop OTKs and facerush. There are also a couple of quirks to the way you play this, but I have to go currently so I may leave them here later.

Edited by Unryuu

The rampage continues. Got shut down after this by an Aegis Haven that pulled Godsworn Alexiel into a clutch Guardian Sun, or I'd have done 10 + 10 with double Alberts.

Today was Dimension Shift, 2 Ramp Dragons (Valse MVP Polyphonic again), 2 Roach OTKs, and this Carabosse Blood.

T14qAJB.png

People still getting steamrolled by RT (9W after that 6W broke). There were like 1 or 2 Shadow in there as well. At this rate I'm pretty sure I'll hit GM 10k quota with Control Sword just trying to 5box every day until 24th.

inLoZOM.png

Let's see how long this lasts before the deck's cored out with a nerf like always :/

Edited by Unryuu

@Void I know you're reluctant to head into Unlimited, but would you be willing to try this list out? I'm sure with the size of your collection the majority of these cards you will always have. I'm afraid I can't promise anything about T3 Atomy or Dimension Shift particularly, though you still have a chance to win if it's toned down like T5 Zeus only or you start with 2PP into 3PP drops, Mid Sword style, vs. Shift. There's also one or two autoloss like Tenko Shrine and Daria, but those are rare. There also plenty of autowins, like Darkfeast, Wolf Bolt, Lindworm, etc. if you work for your Roland.

It at least answers very, very easily the issue of Aggro decks - win rate vs. those are at least pushing 80-90% unless topdeck 15HP burn or something. And playing Mid anything with this deck is extremely fun as always, be it Neutral or otherwise.

It's a deck that has its own quirks to play, but if you have time and nothing else to do, maybe take the list out for a spin? It's fine if you end up not liking it.

P.S. Just remember to switch one Chromatic for Leonidas ;). Take the list update I posted, that's the one I use for daily boxes as well.

Edited by Unryuu

Hm, they better fix RTA soon or later.Constantly pulling out Juliets is something that cannot be ignored.I lost to them.

Edited by Greevilz

Control Sword not even breaking a sweat vs. GM's Neutral Forest deck on mostly perfect curve.

I made my mulligan choices incorrectly under the assumption that it was OTK Roach, actually. Momo 2/2 was for the Fairy clear. If that'd been the case, I would have used WRS for the Feena/Aria executes instead, dropped Lux (4) on their Fairy Flower turn to pull my Roland, and perhaps even ended match early if they had spread board too hard with early RTA into Luminous Knight evolve.

Sadly I didn't come across any of my 7PP drops after General, or my Chromatics.

Edited by Unryuu

Finalized list, here. I've pretty much thoroughly playtested the deck over ~100 matches in Unlimited Masters, with every variation I could think of. This is the best-performing one. Overall results for me have been a solid +3200 MP on ladder.

Until the mini-expansion or next rotation hits, this'll probably be it from me on this list. I'm okay to post more matches, though, if anyone wants me to.

Don't expect it to win vs. Dimension Shift or Daria anytime soon, but with Aggro of any type or Roach OTK you can have a reasonable expectation that you will win so long as you draw semi-decently (most Aggro Swords concede after Lancer on T1 Perseus or T5 RTA for 4 wards). Same with other board decks like Neutral Forest or Mid Sword (!) as long as you navigate major threats like B&B or Arthur correctly (solution to Arthur is to usually RTA on their T6 board, and then use Luminous + Lancer to clean up behind your ward wall).

Once in a while this deck will make you smile after you board Leonidas, save an evolve, and slash their face for 16 HP with Albert whilst screaming "SKY KNIGHTS, PREPARE FOR BATTLE" like a chuuni all over again.

Thanks for everyone's support whilst I worked on this.

d4LuN8A.png

Edited by Unryuu