Sign in to follow this  
Aru're

Witch holds rabbit at ratpoint

6 posts in this topic

Ladies and gentlemen, we interrupt your regularly scheduled programming to bring you some breaking news.

It all started as a perfectly normal game between an ER Rune and a Lion Haven decklist. It was all going well until the ER player used Mutagenic Bolt to transform a board of Lions into Flame Rats with no way for the Havencraft player to remove them. This lead to the opposing leader, Ramina, being held hostage with Flame Rats until the game was over.

Here's a video on this attrocity:

Decklist

11 minutes ago, Aru're said:

Ladies and gentlemen, we interrupt your regularly scheduled programming to bring you some breaking news.

It all started as a perfectly normal game between an ER Rune and a Lion Haven decklist. It was all going well until the ER player used Mutagenic Bolt to transform a board of Lions into Flame Rats with no way for the Havencraft player to remove them. This lead to the opposing leader, Ramina, being held hostage with Flame Rats until the game was over.

Here's a video on this attrocity:

Decklist

One of many reasons why im not really like  lion crystals lel , xD

1 minute ago, HollowShadow said:

why people still think that play the 2 amulets before 5 is good idea? xD

From my experience it can work, but my opponent in this video did it all wrong.

If you want double amulets, you need to play the first on 2 and the second either on 3 alongside a Holy Lion Crystal or the second on 4 alongside with whatever Holy Lion Crystals you have in your hand. In any case, playing the two amulets for dead turns was the wrong way to do this since you need to compensate for the low-tempo turn 2 with exceptionally high-tempo turns 3-4 off of the Lion Crystals you have.

It's also not appropriate to play both Temples unless you have another generator of Holy Lion Crystals in your hand that isn't another Temple (since you want 3 board slots for your Lions), and you never want to play the enhance unless the board is empty or you're getting 4/4's off of it (regardless of whether or not it has storm).

3 hours ago, HollowShadow said:

why people still think that play the 2 amulets before 5 is good idea? xD

3 hours ago, Aru're said:

From my experience it can work, but my opponent in this video did it all wrong.

If you want double amulets, you need to play the first on 2 and the second either on 3 alongside a Holy Lion Crystal or the second on 4 alongside with whatever Holy Lion Crystals you have in your hand. In any case, playing the two amulets for dead turns was the wrong way to do this since you need to compensate for the low-tempo turn 2 with exceptionally high-tempo turns 3-4 off of the Lion Crystals you have.

It's also not appropriate to play both Temples unless you have another generator of Holy Lion Crystals in your hand that isn't another Temple (since you want 3 board slots for your Lions), and you never want to play the enhance unless the board is empty or you're getting 4/4's off of it (regardless of whether or not it has storm).

While playing 2 Temples is sometimes a useful tool, it's very situational on whether it is a good idea or not. I've been playing Lions for a while now, even going 4-1 in the Grand Prix on my first attempt to qualify for Group A. 1 Temple = good, 2 Temples = only if you absolutely have to get that extra Crystal and never against Rune for the reasons shown in this video.

6 hours ago, DedWards said:

While playing 2 Temples is sometimes a useful tool, it's very situational on whether it is a good idea or not. I've been playing Lions for a while now, even going 4-1 in the Grand Prix on my first attempt to qualify for Group A. 1 Temple = good, 2 Temples = only if you absolutely have to get that extra Crystal and never against Rune for the reasons shown in this video.

If you have enough tempo you can make it work against Rune, but the player in this video did not do that at all.

He made a lot of misplays, but I don't think playing both Temples is necessarily one of them (although how he played the second temple was absolutely a misplay). I also don't think playing the Holy Lion Crystal on turn 7 was a misplay either because he didn't know what burn I had in my hand outside of Chain Lightning. He could have predicted that I had enough burn to kill him over 2 turns but not enough to kill him the following turn, and he needed to force a 2-turn lethal. I thought he would play another Lion so he could do just that, and he played right into my Mutagenic Bolt bait.

This is actually a really interesting game to study from both angles, even though we don't have the hand of my opponent. There's a lot going on in the mental game for both players, and it also teaches how to make game-winning plays instead of plays that don't lose you the game.