Sign in to follow this  
zzMedVeDzz

Puppupet portal [ND-vesion]

37 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, HollowShadow said:

if you need other ideas you can see how jordude reviews his own deck (that was successful in tournament) of course this version is really hard to play descent. Is a very midrange version with artifacts has control tools to gain chances to go face without waste tour puppets every time. As i said is a very hard to play deck cause this build in particular requires for you to know well how the other player will play their cards (you need to understand what deck is he playing in the first 2 turns). But is probably one of the best builds around.

Ye, I saw it. I though Magam cannon was useless, how ever in the video it does job done.. did he got lucky?

 

Edited by zzMedVeDzz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, zzMedVeDzz said:

Ye, I saw it. I though Magam cannon was useless, how ever in the video it does job done.. did he get lucky?

 

there is a little difference between set-up a card and get lucky. He even mulligan to a 0 2pp hand. And do a anti-tempo play on turn 3 to force his opponent to not play the white queen on 4. That is what differences him from us playing this deck. Magna legacy only needs 3 damage to dealt with the Arthur problem, if you get 4 or more that is just a bonus cause you kill Arthur too. That man is really good and knows very well how to play that match that is most of the times a lose for portal to regular players even in grand master.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, HollowShadow said:

there is a little difference between set-up a card and get lucky. He even mulligan to a 0 2pp hand. And do a anti-tempo play on turn 3 to force his opponent to not play the white queen on 4. That is what differences him from us playing this deck. Magna legacy only needs 3 damage to dealt with the Arthur problem, if you get 4 or more that is just a bonus cause you kill Arthur too. That man is really good and knows very well how to play that match that is most of the times a lose for portal to regular players even in grand master.

BTW I totaly didn't get hes mulligan. He muliganed best removal and 2/1 that gives you 2 best artifacts. Why? He just got lucky to draw removal..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, zzMedVeDzz said:

BTW I totaly didn't get hes mulligan. He muliganed best removal and 2/1 that gives you 2 best artifacts. Why? He just got lucky to draw removal..

cause that removal is just too slow at 3 when you are facing a sword going second. It can be good? yes but its better get a soldier or Icarus cause you secure more strong board presence, most of the times sword players will NOT evol white queen just for good trade a 4/4 you are losing a evol point so hard. Only if you denegate the trade of the white queen has he do that removal is useful. Think about this you have a 2/2 random you opponent play the bear in 3, you vanish the bear then pass, the plays white queen at 4 into your 2/2 that you probably dont trade with the other beard and your opponent get a 1/1 a 3/1 and a 2/2 with ward. That forces your evol turn into a hard trade and you know what happens to puppet portal when you are force to hard trade the board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well i am becoming better with the puppets

Bloodcraft? Is not it a problem, runecraft? only the Mysteria version causes the spell damage on the top deck to be lethal, nothing to do with it, Dragoncraft? Well, I'm just going to adapt an image of my most recent glorious victory

 

My actual build? a adapted version of the Jordude build to fix Zwei has a solid turn 7 without runining the consistency of the deck. Still i dont control the sword match-up. Need to admit that is pretty hard to full control the flow of the match. You cant afront not keep magna legacy in the opening hand but them you need to fix the match in order to get enough value to out-trade the sword board, really difficult to do.

The decklist to you my dear partner:

 

WUJU!.png

deckPortalcraft.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, HollowShadow said:

Well i am becoming better with the puppets

Bloodcraft? Is not it a problem, runecraft? only the Mysteria version causes the spell damage on the top deck to be lethal, nothing to do with it, Dragoncraft? Well, I'm just going to adapt an image of my most recent glorious victory

My actual build? a adapted version of the Jordude build to fix Zwei has a solid turn 7 without runining the consistency of the deck. Still i dont control the sword match-up. Need to admit that is pretty hard to full control the flow of the match. You cant afront not keep magna legacy in the opening hand but them you need to fix the match in order to get enough value to out-trade the sword board, really difficult to do.

The decklist to you my dear partner:

I'm testing this one curently.

WJSdFX8.png

It is sad, but artifact provides you meat to pressure 8-12 dmg for lethal combo. Constantly shufling and drawing 2/1 you are flooding board buying time.
Without Ephemera noah dmg is realy low. There were games where opponent had 10 hp and can't do nothing to do this 1 point of dmg.

Worst thing, if you get highroll, you make opponent concede, without playing even 1 puppet..
In this build kinda hard to get puppets by demand. Puppet generators are so weak... Only Knight and room is worth playing... On the other hand all artifact drops are on power curve (mashine soldier is insanly over curve, 3 mana 2/3 draw a specific card... her name is Lou it's short for a card with similar effect)

Also I asked Jor about his mulligan in the video comments. He answered that he can't press pass on turn 2 and that he need to shuffle artifact. I asked him why did he cut zwei, but he didn't answer yet.

Damn this version is hard to play... It require strict mana and gameplay managment for the entire match.. I lost more then 2 games after not attacking face for 1 or 2 extra dmg.

Edited by zzMedVeDzz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i choose the bear for that reason, its a "turn 4" free pupet generator. have 1 defense more than the knight (which is worth reaaally worth) and also can be played at 2 you only need 4 puppets for get the 11 lethal (13 with evol point) of Noah so keep that in mind, fix your opponent of 10 and force him to stay between 10 and 13 is more easy than put them into 9 for Orchis and also orchis + evol with enough puppets is 11. Noah 1 turn early.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, HollowShadow said:

i choose the bear for that reason, its a "turn 4" free pupet generator. have 1 defense more than the knight (which is worth reaaally worth) and also can be played at 2 you only need 4 puppets for get the 11 lethal (13 with evol point) of Noah so keep that in mind, fix your opponent of 10 and force him to stay between 10 and 13 is more easy than put them into 9 for Orchis and also orchis + evol with enough puppets is 11. Noah 1 turn early.

If I played soldier on 3, usealy I play Knigt+artifact on 4. It is strong, fcks over banish classes very well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look at puppet cards that are on a power curve:

1 - 
2 - Bear
3 - Knight/Puppet room
4 -
5 -
6 - 
7 - Zwei
8 - Orchis
9 - Noah
10 -

There is huge holes in playable cards. Especialy in turn 4-6 territory. I need this tempo evolve 4 cost minion. Until we get at least those one, will have to play artifact cards...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, zzMedVeDzz said:

Look at puppet cards that are on a power curve:

1 - 
2 - Bear
3 - Knight/Puppet room
4 -
5 -
6 - 
7 - Zwei
8 - Orchis
9 - Noah
10 -

There is huge holes in playable cards. Especialy in turn 4-6 territory. I need this tempo evolve 4 cost minion. Until we get at least those one, will have to play artifact cards...

well at 4pp i run cruel puppet master, at 5pp i run spinaria or stair (well thats still lose tempo) ,  6pp usually using flower doll and enhance bear puppeter or cruel puppet master (or double junk ) . you also want hamelin to get those junk or flower doll . i try the deck and the result is i get rekt by control -_-'' . puppet is really hard to play if i must guess  (should we add zeus  for another finisher ? ) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Void said:

well at 4pp i run cruel puppet master, at 5pp i run spinaria or stair (well thats still lose tempo) ,  6pp usually using flower doll and enhance bear puppeter or cruel puppet master (or double junk ) . you also want hamelin to get those junk or flower doll . i try the deck and the result is i get rekt by control -_-'' . puppet is really hard to play if i must guess  (should we add zeus  for another finisher ? ) 

You met the same problem we all had.

Cards you named are all below power curve. Wich makes you loose tempo early, wich makes you play puppets to not get rekt, wich makes your turn 8-9 very week and not lethal.
Is puppet master good? 4 mana 3/3?
Spinaria - is card draw tool.
Junk and flower doll are under power curve. I ended up cuting them. Imagine turn 7, opponent play Artur and you answer them with junk and double doll. GJ.

Control? what deck are you talking about? We already have 8 7+ mana minions in the deck. I'd say not enough ways of generate puppets, without loosing board and playing those puppets for trading.

TPBeVw6.png

Here is deck I'm curently running. All minions are on power curve. It is a bit easely to press dmg. General game plan is:
 - By any means keep opponent at 11-9 hp.
 - Evolve face if you got the chance.
 - You have to start the match with artifact shuffle. If you didn't get turn 2 artifact generator - reroll everything. 
 - If you managed to get artifact train rolling, opponent can concede on turn 6.
 - In any case this deck is hard to play. You have to manage everything starting turn 1. Even if you get every thing right, it barely breack 50% winrate barrier.

Also sword is hard, very low winrate against it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yey! But damn, there are so many more easy and more unfair deck around.. Turn 9 not garantied wincondition is very weak...

Master2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this