Sign in to follow this  
zzMedVeDzz

Puppupet portal [ND-vesion]

60 posts in this topic

This is my first deck in this expantion. Actualy I already made like 3, but only this one have future so far.

RIZwLn1.png

Basicaly the idea is to keep as much puppets in hand as possible, Untile Noah play.

Personal notes:
- You will have your hand full buy turn 4-5. If you played a puppet room, and your extra card from the deck will burn. Drop the puppet. Absolutly never burn your cards.
- Knower of history is there for extra umph with infinite artifact. If you play her and evolve her on 6, you are garantee to have 7 mana mordekai play. Often people ignore it. One hit is usealy enough to secure Noah OTK.
- Devil of gasp is pretty cool. She is stuffing 3 mana slot + free 2 dmg is alot. REMEMBER: Blake blade remove storm!!! She is not that important, how ever i'll keep for now.
- Noah is givin puppets storm IN HAND. I missed lethal 2 times already. Your Noah play doesn't have to be OTK. Noah + 3 puppets = 9 dmg
- Zwei is great! By haveing so many efficial removals, you are saving evo points like boss. Evo-point saved by turn 7 is very realystick scenario. DONT USE BLACK BLADE!
- I didn't opened Orchis, so I dont know if she is better then Noah. Even if she is. Noah is acceptable replacement.

I like playstyle of this deck. Dont be sad if your turn 5 giant mask get easely destroyed. Not sure about Staircase, didn't used it, didn't needed it...

Feedback appreciated. Also if some one tryed Noah and Orchis, let me know your opinion wish is better to play.

Edited by zzMedVeDzz

Personal experience: Noah is just better than Orchis as a finisher. As i thought Orchis is a complicate card to play as you want. If you over used your puppets to trade you do better expending your 8 to generate the 4 puppets for Noah 13 damage beat-down (with a evol point 11 without) than playing orchis. Orchis demands to you to keep puppets in your hand before 8 a pretty hard job cause just 2 puppets (condition to the choose) are just not good AT ALL and 3 is like you will losing the board on 6 and 7 for not overtrade.

Obvius edit: if your build can win the board and dealt pretty dmage without over used the puppets you can change Noah for Orchis and win in turn 8.

Edited by HollowShadow

8 hours ago, HollowShadow said:

Personal experience: Noah is just better than Orchis as a finisher. As i thought Orchis is a complicate card to play as you want. If you over used your puppets to trade you do better expending your 8 to generate the 4 puppets for Noah 13 damage beat-down (with a evol point 11 without) than playing orchis. Orchis demands to you to keep puppets in your hand before 8 a pretty hard job cause just 2 puppets (condition to the choose) are just not good AT ALL and 3 is like you will losing the board on 6 and 7 for not overtrade.

Obvius edit: if your build can win the board and dealt pretty dmage without over used the puppets you can change Noah for Orchis and win in turn 8.

I played ranked mirror, and dude destroyed me. I got my setup for turn 9, how ever, opponent played turn 8 orchis, leaving me at 9 hp, forcing me to activate tradelord mode, leading me to my defeat 3 turn later.

Also you kinda can play both. 2 Orchis 2 noah.

1 minute ago, zzMedVeDzz said:

I played ranked mirror, and dude destroyed me. I got my setup for turn 9, how ever, opponent played turn 8 orchis, leaving me at 9 hp, forcing me to activate tradelord mode, leading me to my defeat 3 turn later.

Also you kinda can play both. 2 Orchis 2 noah.

oh yeah orchis auto wins the mirror probably. But that is only cause the mirror match of puppet craft is so lame XD...both holding puppets in the hand like forever. But still i was testing some thing with the bots and is SO HARD to keep the puppets in your hand when you opponent is just too pro-active. I think the card is really fine but Zwei is the all star. Zwei+Ephemera is like a true Shinigami. One of the strongest tempo play that you can get.

Edited by HollowShadow

7 minutes ago, HollowShadow said:

oh yeah orchis auto wins the mirror probably. But that is only cause the mirror match of puppet craft is so lame XD...both holding puppets in the hand like forever. But still i was testing some thing with the bots and is SO HARD to keep the puppets in your hand when you opponent is just too pro-active. I think the card is really fine but Zwei is the all star. Zwei+Ephemera is like a true Shinigami. One of the strongest tempo play that you can get.

W8 Does it work? Does Zwei puppet attack goes 4+4 into 5+5 ?

Edited by zzMedVeDzz

7 minutes ago, HollowShadow said:

Yeeeees Victoria first get the bonus and them applys the damage effect is just sooo strong.

HOWLY **** STAIN BATMAN! I need probably to rebuild the deck xD

Just now, zzMedVeDzz said:

HOWLY **** STAIN BATMAN! I need probably to rebuild the deck xD

that said it Ephemera + Orchis (with 1 evol point) is a 11 damage burst (cause space) on 8, which is stricly better than Noah. And a 8 damage burst without the evol point. I Think Ephemera is a key card for the deck, atleast in tech terms, she just fix the numbers so well.

17 minutes ago, HollowShadow said:

that said it Ephemera + Orchis (with 1 evol point) is a 11 damage burst (cause space) on 8, which is stricly better than Noah. And a 8 damage burst without the evol point. I Think Ephemera is a key card for the deck, atleast in tech terms, she just fix the numbers so well.

Do you cut Automation or masked? 

Just now, zzMedVeDzz said:

Do you cut Automation or masked? 

i thin that masked is the less usefull of both. Automation is very good on defense.

4 minutes ago, HollowShadow said:

i thin that masked is the less usefull of both. Automation is very good on defense.

Masked feels like VanCliff. If they have removal you kinda ****ed, if they not they lose card advantage.

Automation is so situational.. I never play him on curve TBH

Edited by zzMedVeDzz

that is true. I think is more like personal decision. Both cards offers such different option, one can be a early threat and the other is good when you face token decks like zoo blood (this is my name for the rotation version) or forest.

3 minutes ago, HollowShadow said:

that is true. I think is more like personal decision. Both cards offers such different option, one can be a early threat and the other is good when you face token decks like zoo blood (this is my name for the rotation version) or forest.

Bramble play is like insta concide xD

today i try a looot of build. The jordude one´s works well but cant compete with Sword and Forest. The Bluereboot build can win sometimes to forest cause is more aggresive but still inferior. My own modifications prove me right, without any high quality follower/spell (aka gold cards) centred on the puppets you cant prepare the field to a good Orchis. But lets talk about what is wrong with her.

First, the marionette Uno, its a 1/1 do nothing with the following effect: you lose one puppet in your hand, this turn you can only control 4 Followers.

Second, she dont gain strong. I even prefer her to become into a 3/5 (evol 4/6) and gain strong instead of become into a 6/5. Cause you are LOSING 1 space in the board. This limits your damage to 9, 11 if you have a evol point which never happens cause puppets followers except for Zwei have 0 board presence and even in hybrid builds (the best ones) without acceleration, artifacts cant help you to win the board fast enough.

Third, the choose effect is sooo bad. You know what is a good point of the Defensive orchis? she only takes 1 puppet in your hand to do her job, keep you alive 1 turn more to Noah. The finisher one eats 4 puppets to do 9 damage. If you play her with just 2 puppets in your hand you are losing 2 puppets to do 3 damage. I dont know why she dont adapt atleast 1 extra puppet to your hand by her own cause you are not playing artifacts you either get a extra puppet or play Orchis not both.

-I still dont try Devil Gasp in the deck cause i just waste so much in the Spinara, the 2 extra Zwei, the 2 Magna legacy and the 2 extra orchis to make all the versions of the deck work properly (also spinara and the 2 magna legacys fits very well in my Artifact build)- Maybe this card can give the adventage in mid game that is needed in the deck but i will wait to pull the 3 or refill my vials before try nothing more. I love the card, love the animations and love the idea. But is just the weaker legendary of the expansion by faaaar xD 

5 hours ago, HollowShadow said:

-I still dont try Devil Gasp in the deck cause i just waste so much in the Spinara, the 2 extra Zwei, the 2 Magna legacy and the 2 extra orchis to make all the versions of the deck work properly (also spinara and the 2 magna legacys fits very well in my Artifact build)- Maybe this card can give the adventage in mid game that is needed in the deck but i will wait to pull the 3 or refill my vials before try nothing more. I love the card, love the animations and love the idea. But is just the weaker legendary of the expansion by faaaar xD 

Dude you are breacking my heart. I crafted 2...

W8ngA8B.png

I remade the deck, but persanly I belive it became worse.. Like my turn 4-6 is so weeeek. Esterday I played like 7 mirrors in a raw.. won 1 or 2. WTF.

I starting to kinda lose where the power of the deck is gathered...

Also It feels bad, that artifact portal took all cool puppuet stuff, and beat me with my cards + have entire deck of card advantage. It is so unfair... like if you whant to play puppets, PLAY FCN PUPPETS!

i know how you feel i want so hard to this deck be good cause i just love how the cards works but really we lack of enough fuel in the mid game which is the key part of the duel for this deck to work. I stil trying builds and build beliveme i will not surrender until i get a tier 1 (or 2) puppet deck.

Just now, HollowShadow said:

i know how you feel i want so hard to this deck be good cause i just love how the cards works but really we lack of enough fuel in the mid game which is the key part of the duel for this deck to work. I stil trying builds and build beliveme i will not surrender until i get a tier 1 (or 2) puppet deck.

Maybe I need to tray to remake it into concide OTK kind of deck? like puppet turn 1-6 is weak. You can survive only via puppets trades. Banish scew you up royaly..

3 minutes ago, zzMedVeDzz said:

Maybe I need to tray to remake it into concide OTK kind of deck? like puppet turn 1-6 is weak. You can survive only via puppets trades. Banish scew you up royaly..

one of the things that i try to solve this problem with board control was put Flame and Glass (yes those two XD) has board control and damge fixed tools along side with Grimmir. And works well to solve the problem buuut those are too much 3PP followers  so the deck bricks too much on turn 2 which is a worse problem.

Edited by HollowShadow

I dont know who was more greedy the rune player (obvius Big Chimera player) or me with my army of puppets that i cant even put in the field cause Marionette Uno is such a backdraw DX...but i was so happy with that win xD

SuperPuppetKill.png

For now I'm kinda failing in standard to play puppet. Whenever I play the back and forth game, I can't keep puppets in hand to save myself, and whever I'm able to stack those opponent play a big wincon by turn 7-8 and I got no hard removal. Geez, this deck is resisting me, I sucks with it.

23 minutes ago, Kinxil said:

For now I'm kinda failing in standard to play puppet. Whenever I play the back and forth game, I can't keep puppets in hand to save myself, and whever I'm able to stack those opponent play a big wincon by turn 7-8 and I got no hard removal. Geez, this deck is resisting me, I sucks with it.

My first build was kinda succesfull, how ever if you are against player with alot of banishes, you are screwed, royaly. Can't draw, can't stack puppets, can't do face dmg.

I tryed to fix this problem in version number 2. How ever didn't played much so far. Can't make a conclusion.

Well for know i will stop a little the puppet hype train. Until the new cards appears. I still going to search for new build to make Orchis great. But right now i will focus on return to my roots as a Bloodcraft player (before they nerf the oldblood king >_> <_< >_>)

2 hours ago, HollowShadow said:

Well for know i will stop a little the puppet hype train. Until the new cards appears. I still going to search for new build to make Orchis great. But right now i will focus on return to my roots as a Bloodcraft player (before they nerf the oldblood king >_> <_< >_>)

Orchis works fairly well on PTP, the extra puppet serve as extra trading power and you can trigger the choice accoring to what you're needing the most (often defensive one)

On 31.03.2018 at 10:00 PM, HollowShadow said:

Well I tryed controlish variant with alot of removal and it failed. Lack of turn 4-6 tempo evolves is fcn huge.

You can deal with 4/5 evolve on turn 4, how ever you are in a fcn *** after 5/6 evolve on turn 5.

My last attemt will be aggro puppet deck, similar to my 1 version. Also turns out def Orchis is better version..

Edited by zzMedVeDzz

if you need other ideas you can see how jordude reviews his own deck (that was successful in tournament) of course this version is really hard to play descent. Is a very midrange version with artifacts has control tools to gain chances to go face without waste tour puppets every time. As i said is a very hard to play deck cause this build in particular requires for you to know well how the other player will play their cards (you need to understand what deck is he playing in the first 2 turns). But is probably one of the best builds around.