Sign in to follow this  
Feleran

Several suggestions

4 posts in this topic

1. Option to turn all animations off [or at the very least make the animations play faster and don't make any new slow animations]

Many cards have their animation times reduced which I've been happy to see. Daria and spellboosting used to be a nightmare if you were about to time out. Grimnir and other cards have also been made faster to play. I would actually be happy to have an option which would turn off all animations for myself so I could spend more time playing the game. Right now I hate the most Princess Snow White and Gemstone Carapace. Their animations take way too long and make it easy to time out.

2. Turn time limit

It's simply 90 seconds per turn right now. It's rarely a problem that players use it up every turn for no real reason but is still a possibility. Bigger problem is that sometimes on important turns with lots of options there isn't enough time to think about all the possible options, choose one and play it out and also wait out all the animations. I was thinking of a system that only gave 60 seconds per move but 15% of all unspent time would go to player's "time bank". That time would only get used after the initial 60 seconds are up. Time bank should probably have some hard cap, maybe 2 minutes. This would encourage players to think of time more of as of a resource and play overall faster if there isn't something to really think about.

3. Private match options' memory [SOLVED NOW, THANKS CYGAMES]

When playing a tournament and creating a room in Bo3 or Bo5 format, would be nice if the next time when creating a private match the game remembered the last chosen option so we wouldn't have to click and correct that every single time. The game already remembers if we played rotation or unlimited the last time but it could also remember the match format used.

What do you think? 

Edited by Feleran

Agreed on point 1. I want to quit the game quicker when facing turn 3 Atomy highroll, turn 5 Daria board puke highroll.

Don't mind much on point 2. I always rope against D-*** deck so I always use that 90 seconds. For a control vs control I don't have a problem with the time limit. But that slow animations kill me often when I play Forest when I bounce my cards up and down and need to wait for full animation of each card.

The time limit is a real problem actually.

It's not only about time to think. Portalcraft turns with lots of Analyzing Artifacts can be too long to play out with 90 seconds. So with a time bank smart portalcraft players would save time up in earlier rounds by playing them faster. 

5 hours ago, Feleran said:

The time limit is a real problem actually.

It's not only about time to think. Portalcraft turns with lots of Analyzing Artifacts can be too long to play out with 90 seconds. So with a time bank smart portalcraft players would save time up in earlier rounds by playing them faster. 

Wow that sounds completely terrible. Portal being able to play out minute and a half accel turns not enough? ****ing oodles of fun - sorry, wrong word; cancer. 

Edited by Karahi