Void

Shadowverse next expansion thread : dawnbreak nightedge

1,016 posts in this topic

Well 1 month and we will receive next expansion , the only leak we got is here 

Vania , nightshade vampire  Bloodcraft Legendary 

Screenshot_20180301-173049.jpg

https://shadowverse.com/sp/cardpack/dawnbreaknightedge/ for more cards info 

Also new video release https://www.google.co.id/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DicKgCO01HX8&ved=0ahUKEwjbrrfv283ZAhUQPrwKHS7uAbsQwqsBCC4wAQ&usg=AOvVaw3Q8KIgOy8gk2TzA2Lx5j6W

Legendaries : - forest : yggdrasil & white vanara 

- sword :sky commander celia & sky fortress

- rune : runie, destiny bard & faceless witch

- dragon : lindwurm & jerva draconic mail 

- blood   : darkfeast bat & vania,nightshade vampire 

-shadow : - ceridwen, eternity hunter & hinterland ghoul

- haven    : -alexiel, godsworn & golden hind

-portal    : - that which erases & orchis, girl of doll

- neutral : moon and sun &  marduk

Edited by Void

30 minutes ago, DedWards said:

Spoilers already? Awesome. 

Any chance you can link the source of that image?

1 hour ago, Othello said:

Going by Reddit translations, we’re getting HS Druid choice mechanics, she summons a bat, and then gives any bats bane, or ward depending on which you pick. https://www.reddit.com/r/Shadowverse/comments/813jrf/can_anybody_translate_this_looks_like_the_new/

I don't know Japanese myself, but from the few words I did recognise in the video, the reddit post seems plausible. 

my translation sux version. expect some miss here & there
1 pp ?amulet?: when you play this card, got 6 (or 6+?) pp left & is on vengeance...spawn 1 vania [no idea if it's continuous per turn / not]
note: you can pick if on vengeance ELSE start praying to rng! 
^100% sure something is missing

standing normally vania: drain. add ward to your bat(s) << permanent. fanfare: spawn 1 bat

the other vania: storm. add bane to your bat(s) << permanent. fanfare: spawn 1 bat

my imagination / looks meh for 6 pp leg >_>?

Edited by Kyubey

Vania will be promoted to Vampire Queen? The old Vampire Queen has no place in the meta, so upgrade her and put Vampy-chan name on?

She’ll be my new waifu. :P

Wow. Cygames actually did something I like. Blood is one of the four crafts I actually play. Control blood comeback in rotation?  Yes plz.

8 hours ago, OneX said:

She’ll be my new waifu. :P

But why?! I know being a vampire maybe she is older than us but still she looks like a kid. A cute kid though. :-D 

4 hours ago, Archdar said:

But why?!..... she looks like a kid. 

Sweet summer child. You answered your own question. Never underestimate a weeb's capacity for degeneracy

Oh right, guess I'll talk about the topic at hand. Damn, feels like not that long ago that Chrono dropped tbh but I suppose it has been a few months now. Can't wait for the next expansion. Here's hoping for Portal to get something nice. Here's hoping to new playstyles for Rotation for all classes! I'm sick of Elephant and Aggro personally. 

Edited by Karahi

Looks like the new focus here is like druid mechanics that we can choose cards effect like what we wanted hmmm 

[no card name because because i'm sux at translating it *exception: vania]
memecraft 5pp 4/4 fanfare: add 1 of the chosen card (i smell rng! or maybe you can pick manually???)
a. 2pp spell draw 2 cards

b. 4pp spell destroy 1 enemy follower & 1 enemy amulet (dod / execution looks cute lel)

VANIA EVERYWHEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. and dayum at the lulz amount of text
bloodcraft: 6pp vania 3/6 when this card is in your hand (duh), you got 6pp+ (min 7pp?) & vengeance ON...play 1 of the chosen card 
a. standing normally vania: drain. add ward to your bat(s) << permanent. fanfare: spawn 1 bat

b. the other vania: storm. add bane to your bat(s) << permanent. fanfare: spawn 1 bat
fanfare: deal 2 damage to both leaders & spawn 1 bat
warning: i'm not 100% sure at the 'you got 6pp+' part. it might actually means 'you got 6pp' instead (means 100% playable at exact 6pp) >_>;

note: any bat(s) that appear at that exact turn / later will get ward / bane as long as vania a / vania b still alive

[it's like pdk. play something--> ping activate. this one: bat spotted--> gain ward / bane]

looks like dev didn't want this vania to spawn from 7pp bandersometing last word

Edited by Kyubey

The only reason that Vania's card text says "if you have at least 6pp..." for the choose effect to work is... maybe to prevent Phoenix Roost shenanigans??? Idk, but Blood has no card for decreasing another card's cost... at the moment. Another reason would be summoning her from the deck with something like Bandersnatch or Blood Key, but who would play her like that? I mean, she doesn't activate fanfare that way...

Also, a trailer has just come out and it's PURE HYPE.

Here is the trailer (english voice)

Is that... IS THAT... BAHAMUT AT 0:53??? I'm not sure, but that's Bahamut's roar for sure and its design is...

4 hours ago, Eclipse/Zer0 said:

Here is the trailer (english voice)

Is that... IS THAT... BAHAMUT AT 0:53??? I'm not sure, but that's Bahamut's roar for sure and its design is...

I'm gonna be super peeved if Baha gets some kind of reprint but I doubt that's gonna happen. Ideally nothing gets a reprint but I think this expansion might be heavy on finishers. Looking at some cards that are rotating out, we're losing Daria (vital for uhhh...for Daria), Baha (which facilitates Windmill), White Wolf (massive hit to Elephant though not /absolutely/ necessary) and of course everyone's favourite Sword (for every deck, ugh) finisher Albert! Portal should also be getting another good finisher to help complete the class a little. 

34 minutes ago, Karahi said:

I'm gonna be super peeved if Baha gets some kind of reprint but I doubt that's gonna happen. Ideally nothing gets a reprint but I think this expansion might be heavy on finishers.

Bro, what are you talking about, the very first card revealed for the expansion was VANIA. Yes, VANIA. Reprints are and will be very common just because some characters are so popular that they recieve special treatment. Get used to that...

Also, a reprint doesn't imply that the new card is similar in-game to the original. Azi is not the same as Genesis, but is considered a reprint as he fills the role of Genesis where Genesis rotated out. Chronogenesis has Zirnitria 2.0, character that was also featured back in Classic, works pretty different than the original (that sucked) while keeping the original concept of *summoning dragons" and stuff.

38 minutes ago, Eclipse/Zer0 said:

Bro, what are you talking about, the very first card revealed for the expansion was VANIA. Yes, VANIA. Reprints are and will be very common just because some characters are so popular that they recieve special treatment. Get used to that...

Also, a reprint doesn't imply that the new card is similar in-game to the original. Azi is not the same as Genesis, but is considered a reprint as he fills the role of Genesis where Genesis rotated out. Chronogenesis has Zirnitria 2.0, character that was also featured back in Classic, works pretty different than the original (that sucked) while keeping the original concept of *summoning dragons" and stuff.

I'm aware of all of that before you get snooty, good sir. I'm saying I don't see them making Bahamut 2.0 for rotation after they (attempted) to nerf him due to his overuse and reliance. I don't think Dawnbreak is going to have Baha. Simple as that. 

Im really excited about the Puppetcraft support. I wish Cygames makes another Seraph at some point.

1 hour ago, Karahi said:

I'm aware of all of that before you get snooty, good sir. I'm saying I don't see them making Bahamut 2.0 for rotation after they (attempted) to nerf him due to his overuse and reliance. I don't think Dawnbreak is going to have Baha. Simple as that. 

I'm not mad at you, excuse my manners, but c'mon there is no point in saying that ideally any card gets a reprint. If that was the case then a lot of staple cards needed for a deck to work would be lost and the deck would loose a lot in Rotation. Expect a Fervor reprint or a new ramp card and AoE for Dragon (BotS is also rotating lol), some new heavy finisher for Sword and a new card set for midrangy Rune, like more Mysteria support.

Also, they can make Bahamut to not be a Themis with body, which is something I wanted since I started playing this game lol. Making it a slow but strong finisher, and not what it is now (a utility card that sometimes threatens lethal). Reprinting Bahamut as a card is not much needed (Dragon has Frenzied Drake and the other classes should bother that much about Bahamut rotating), but reprinting Bahamut as a character is something obvious. It is very popular, gives name to the original game (Rage of Bahamut) and is Cy's mascot. It would be madness to not reprint Bahamut at some point of the game lol.

Edited by Eclipse/Zer0

Glad to see Orchis in this set. Puppets will finally get their legendary and this may help them live up to their potential. 

puppet hype? Dare I believe in portalcraft? 

About reprinting: Im gonna be shocked if baha does not recieve the vania treatment and returns at some point

BUT im not gonna say he is going to ba a carbon copy of the current baha, i just mean they are surely going to reintroduce the character lore and art-wise, even if, like vania, he may serve a completely diff role and would be, for all intends outside lore and art, a completely different card

Because they did with aelia, now with vania and bahamut feels like a very obvious choice considering that they already have 3 diferent card arts ready from other titles wich you guys can find if you visit some pages about an old game titles rage of bahamut and look for ultimate and origin bahamut

Btw... im POSITIVE that they wanted to include alternate arts on the legs on the last set of prebuild decks and it was diched close to the release date, and im quite sure the alternate mars was going to be 2 of those: http://wiki.rageofbahamut.com/Mars

And they decided it was prob better not because... yeah... look at it...

2 hours ago, Eclipse/Zer0 said:

I'm not mad at you, excuse my manners, but c'mon there is no point in saying that ideally any card gets a reprint. If that was the case then a lot of staple cards needed for a deck to work would be lost and the deck would loose a lot in Rotation. Expect a Fervor reprint or a new ramp card and AoE for Dragon (BotS is also rotating lol), some new heavy finisher for Sword and a new card set for midrangy Rune, like more Mysteria support.

Also, they can make Bahamut to not be a Themis with body, which is something I wanted since I started playing this game lol. Making it a slow but strong finisher, and not what it is now (a utility card that sometimes threatens lethal). Reprinting Bahamut as a card is not much needed (Dragon has Frenzied Drake and the other classes should bother that much about Bahamut rotating), but reprinting Bahamut as a character is something obvious. It is very popular, gives name to the original game (Rage of Bahamut) and is Cy's mascot. It would be madness to not reprint Bahamut at some point of the game lol.

Well on that note we have differing definitions of reprint. I don't consider the new Vania for instance a reprint because it isn't /functionally/ similar. It's not like going into Unlimited and saying, "hey, why don't I just completely replace EPM for Aria in my Roach deck." I don't think anyone would ever consider just swapping out Vania for Super Mega Dawnbreak Nightedge Vania. Will we see Baha as a character make a return? Absolutely. This expansion? Possibly. As a functionally similar board clear/mega threat? I personally don't think so and not /this/ expansion either in character nor spirit. 

You're right, I will concede that certain cards should get functionally similar replacements. Like perhaps Dirt will need a new Alchemist, sure. But according to my philosophy it shouldn't be a matter of "Oh, Sword is losing Albert, let's make another card that serves that exact purpose thereby making this expansion play pretty much exactly the same as the previous one." To me, I think Cy should push new deck types that feel fresh, rather than clinging to what people liked in the past. That's the soul of a rotation format to me. If Sword gets an Albert Dahaka (as in, Genesis to Azi) I will not be impressed. For sure a new finisher for them but /not/ a rehash of Albert. That's what I'm trying to say here. 

And of course Salamander reprint right off the bat, gotta assure our wallet babies that nothing will ever have to change for them, or that they might have to grow a brain.Dragonewt-720x450.png

Can't wait to see what the Fervor reprint will look like. And of course more storm, I'm sure.