Sign in to follow this  
zzMedVeDzz

Any Mysteria decks?

10 posts in this topic

50 minutes ago, jpants said:

As I understand you are surviving until turn 5, then drop leg, then cpam chain lightning?

How many turns does it take to win? 

You have alot of spell why not add Oz?

17 minutes ago, zzMedVeDzz said:

As I understand you are surviving until turn 5, then drop leg, then cpam chain lightning?

How many turns does it take to win? 

You have alot of spell why not add Oz?

my plan is just to burn out however I burn out.  I usually win by 7 or 8.  What this deck wants to do is chain mysteria as much as possible.   Two mysterias resolving is the goal, but once is usually enough.   Once that happens, you pretty much can deal with anything and your win is inevitable.  One game I killed someone with a turn 8 missile for 4 and an angelic snipe for 4.   Barrage is a beast and now you can deal with anything the opponent has.  Chain Lightning might actually be the weakest card in the deck, and that's saying something.

I don't have Oz, but I'm not sure I run her in here.  The problem is even though she has mass turn burst potential, if I don't kill that turn I play her or get mysteria (which can happen) her death ends me.  It's very high roll with her.  In this version, the deck is always consistent.  I can draw the burn naturally even without Mysteria and still win sometimes.  Magical Girl Melvie actually might be better in that system, or even Daria.  

Edited by jpants

8 minutes ago, jpants said:

my plan is just to burn out however I burn out.  I usually win by 7 or 8.  What this deck wants to do is chain mysteria as much as possible.   Two mysterias resolving is the goal, but once is usually enough.   Once that happens, you pretty much can deal with anything and your win is inevitable.  One game I killed someone with a turn 8 missile for 4 and an angelic snipe for 4.   Barrage is a beast and now you can deal with anything the opponent has.  Chain Lightning might actually be the weakest card in the deck, and that's saying something.

I don't have Oz, but I'm not sure I run her in here.  The problem is even though she has mass turn burst potential, if I don't kill that turn I play her or get mysteria (which can happen) her death ends me.  It's very high roll with her.  In this version, the deck is always consistent.  I can draw the burn naturally even without Mysteria and still win sometimes.  Magical Girl Melvie actually might be better in that system, or even Daria.  

Interesting...

Have you tryed any other mysteria cards? It is kinda shame that from all new cards, only leg find it place..

21 hours ago, zzMedVeDzz said:

Interesting...

Have you tryed any other mysteria cards? It is kinda shame that from all new cards, only leg find it place..

I like Hanna and the one that makes Nic nic.  THey are quite good.  Hanna isn't good in unlimited, but I think in Rotation there is something you can do there.   My next card to make is Chimera.  I can see a deck there with Hanna and mysteria package.

6 hours ago, jpants said:

I like Hanna and the one that makes Nic nic.  THey are quite good.  Hanna isn't good in unlimited, but I think in Rotation there is something you can do there.   My next card to make is Chimera.  I can see a deck there with Hanna and mysteria package.

Nic Nic and that professor is **** on rotation, the professor are inconsistent because you need to play 'Mysteria' cards before you pop him, otherwise he's just vanilla 2/2. nic nic cannot flood your board and considering the cost using that other critter, I think it's called Carbuncle of Mysteria is better. Using those however means you're running a spell boost variant. I still have my list of spellboost Mysteria from back then where kektar is everywhere, you could win but it's not tad good.

StuCo Hannah are good card if you combine her with illusionist for unlimited recycle + swing her around as decent beat stick. At the very least dropping her will guarantee a mysteria cards which is nice. Oz are good addition for this deck but you must be careful not to lose her lest you'll lose all the spell in your hand. 

I used this list for a while during Kektar period and haven't optimized it yet. I found the lack of heal is a huge problem when dealing with Burn or midrange sword..  if only Mysteria also affect positive quirk like Heal from spell.

Anyway looking at the meta I believe that if you don't drop Mysteria by turns 5 and have nova Flare in hand then you're toast vs Midrange sword. VS Daria you'll manage somehow as long as they don't take the BS route of dropping one 0pp blade mage each turn and evo it + Piercing rune for 6 each f'cking turn.. because seriously that's just BS. VS Burn.. the lack of healing HURTS. Contary to it's look this deck are powerful when dealing with powerful board swarm.. and understandably weak vs weaker board swarm.

I'm open for any concept or improvement. So far spellboost is the only mechanic that seems to support Mysteria type.. BTW I also have list that replace Karl with Chain lighting.. but I often found myself using the 5pp Mysterian spell instead of chain Lightining as it's infinitely superior.

deckRunecraft (1).png

19 hours ago, Hikaru said:

Nic Nic and that professor is **** on rotation, the professor are inconsistent because you need to play 'Mysteria' cards before you pop him, otherwise he's just vanilla 2/2. nic nic cannot flood your board and considering the cost using that other critter, I think it's called Carbuncle of Mysteria is better. Using those however means you're running a spell boost variant. I still have my list of spellboost Mysteria from back then where kektar is everywhere, you could win but it's not tad good.

StuCo Hannah are good card if you combine her with illusionist for unlimited recycle + swing her around as decent beat stick. At the very least dropping her will guarantee a mysteria cards which is nice. Oz are good addition for this deck but you must be careful not to lose her lest you'll lose all the spell in your hand. 

I used this list for a while during Kektar period and haven't optimized it yet. I found the lack of heal is a huge problem when dealing with Burn or midrange sword..  if only Mysteria also affect positive quirk like Heal from spell.

Anyway looking at the meta I believe that if you don't drop Mysteria by turns 5 and have nova Flare in hand then you're toast vs Midrange sword. VS Daria you'll manage somehow as long as they don't take the BS route of dropping one 0pp blade mage each turn and evo it + Piercing rune for 6 each f'cking turn.. because seriously that's just BS. VS Burn.. the lack of healing HURTS. Contary to it's look this deck are powerful when dealing with powerful board swarm.. and understandably weak vs weaker board swarm.

I'm open for any concept or improvement. So far spellboost is the only mechanic that seems to support Mysteria type.. BTW I also have list that replace Karl with Chain lighting.. but I often found myself using the 5pp Mysterian spell instead of chain Lightining as it's infinitely superior.

deckRunecraft (1).png

19 hours ago, Hikaru said:

deckRunecraft (1).png

Dang it, now I want to experiment with Mysteria cards.

Couple thoughts:  You have no real decent spellboost targets and your burn suite is more RNG.  Consider Concentrate, Dwarven Alchemist, or Chain Lightning.  It would make your burn more consistent, and let you draw into stuff.  Concentration does come with some healing as well.

3 hours ago, jpants said:
23 hours ago, Hikaru said:

Couple thoughts:  You have no real decent spellboost targets and your burn suite is more RNG.  Consider Concentrate, Dwarven Alchemist, or Chain Lightning.  It would make your burn more consistent, and let you draw into stuff.  Concentration does come with some healing as well.

it's because using Mysteria burn is not my only win con. 

My original plan is to stave out aggro early, use those spellboosted removal at hand to deal with mid game big follower while using illusionist and Grand Summoning to flood the board and if all else fails I will drop zeus and chain it with Illusionist..

I have other variation using earth rite and silver blade golem.. but using straight burn rune is way more efficient so I can't really call it a mysteria deck but just another burn rune.

the biggest hit and miss in this deck is expel souls. if I topdecked it early it's a ****ty unusable card because.. well you can end up drawing 10+ card if you use it. but I've won quite a number of match with this card since it refill my hand by quite significant number,, but fate's hand is infinitely superior than this card.

rather than concentration I prefer the Chimera for removal with body but it'll interrupt my Illusionist + Hannah pull so.. 

chain lighting is another hit and miss card, playing it is a huge tempo loss and in current meta that could cost you the game.. which is why I used grand summoning + Golem Evo to confuse the enemy making them have hard time picking the target. usually this net me a free 4 damage to the face.

the lack of healing still hurt tho.. I'm still questioning Cy decision to not reprint Veteran Alchemist