Sign in to follow this  
Greevilz

Sword noob here, need help

6 posts in this topic

Looking for any decent sword decks since my Haven decks are bummed out and yeah, gonna tried out the class for once.

Any will do?

26 minutes ago, Greevilz said:

Looking for any decent sword decks since my Haven decks are bummed out and yeah, gonna tried out the class for once.

Any will do?

Im still tweaking my aggro sword deck but at least in ranked it got positive winrate 

Heres my link if you interested 

6 hours ago, Void said:

Im still tweaking my aggro sword deck but at least in ranked it got positive winrate 

Heres my link if you interested 

Okay, i guess i missed out on this thread. My bad.

Here are some decent lists:

Midrange Sword

Aggro Sword

Word to the wise though, Sword isn't exactly one of the strongest decks right now. In fairness to Cygames balance is better than it's ever been so even tier 2 decks are playable (Sword is definitely tier 2 at best right now), but you should be aware what you're getting in to. Daria seems to be king of the hill right now if you want a tier 1 deck, her or Ramp Dragon. I just refuse to play Daria on principle. 

3 minutes ago, cypherhalo said:

Here are some decent lists:

Midrange Sword

Aggro Sword

Word to the wise though, Sword isn't exactly one of the strongest decks right now. In fairness to Cygames balance is better than it's ever been so even tier 2 decks are playable (Sword is definitely tier 2 at best right now), but you should be aware what you're getting in to. Daria seems to be king of the hill right now if you want a tier 1 deck, her or Ramp Dragon. I just refuse to play Daria on principle. 

Its fine man. I couldnt care less about win rate, just wanna tried out this class for ages. My haven decks cant do anything by now...

But yeah, remember the portal rant you created once? Probably for once i have to agreed with you. Constant refilling is awful at finest..

3 minutes ago, Greevilz said:

Its fine man. I couldnt care less about win rate, just wanna tried out this class for ages. My haven decks cant do anything by now...

But yeah, remember the portal rant you created once? Probably for once i have to agreed with you. Constant refilling is awful at finest..

Thanks about Portal. I'm really worried Sword will be dead in the water once Portal gets more support, but we'll see what happens. I want to give Cygames credit and put some faith in them. Portal is obviously a weak craft now but as I've said many times, the future is what I'm most concerned about when it comes to Portal. We will see, but if I end up being right (I hope I end up wrong), I will not hesitate to say "I told you so". :P

Have fun with Sword, I really enjoy the class because you play the board so something about it feels more "honest" to me than playing something like Daria. You can pull off some fun tricks with Mars but be forewarned that the odds of her living if you play her on turn 3 are next to none. Funny enough, this is one of the only fun things about fighting Rune. Unless they've played Mysteria Knowledge and pulled the Missile, they have no way to kill a turn 3 Mars. It's really refreshing, makes me wish not everyone and their grandmother has a 2 PP 3 damage spell. Of course once Daria shenanigans get rolling you're probably dead, but it's nice to have Mars actually live for a turn.