Sign in to follow this  
Weizi

What is everyone's opinion on the story?

10 posts in this topic

I have a lot of mixed feelings about the story, since there were so many new information that were introduced. Such as:

1. I had no idea Rowen could power through a curse.

2. Eris healed Arisa, therefore she can heal people: Erika wounded from fights, wounded from more shade fights afterwards, wounded from Urias attack and fight, wounded from another fight against huge shade, then headed straight to fight Nexus........Eris, are you going to heal Erika or not? WTF....Arisa's body was in way better condition and you healed her...I thought you guys were on the same team?

3. I thought Urias was going to 1 vs 1 Nexus, it looked more like a team fight.

4. I'm quite glad to have someone like Yuwan on our side, specially someone who is so enthusiastic about justice. The good guys would of been done for if not for him. I wonder how crazy the story would get now, since they went into an even more dangerous world.

5. Keeper of Serenity kind of sucks, you can eradicate the world, yet you have trouble against a group of mere mortal humans? what a joke.. I would also suggest giving stronger enemies decks with OP cards that players cannot access.

I don't have much to say or feel myself, what are you guy's thoughts?

Eh, it's a trope that some curse that is supposed to be bad eventually gets turned to good use by the hero. I've been expecting Rowen to do that since day one.

I think we just have to assumed Eris healed Erika off camera, I can't be too chuffed about it.

I'm not sure why anyone is letting Urias tag along in the first place. I'm kind of expecting him to go the stereotypical route of "I'm going to kill all these guys some day" but when that day comes he decides instead that he's really grown fond of everyone and will give up his murderous ways. Either that, or I was really hoping Erika would kick his butt. I fully expect she'll be his new "Balthazar". I really look forward to her kicking his butt someday, I don't like him.

I wasn't too crazy about them shoehorning Yuwan into the story but they actually did a decent job of it. I mean, he still literally appears out of nowhere. But the whole, there are other worlds and other keepers and I used to be one is actually a pretty interesting angle.

Keeper of Serenity's power level is another cliche thing that bothers me and I just have to move past. Japanese stories (manga, anime, video games, etc) seem to love having the characters fight God or some deities at least and nothing about that ever makes sense to me. FF13 part 3 is the worst in this respect for me. Lightning gets her powers from God, but then fights and beats him. Um . . . if he gave her the power in the first place, why can't he take it back? Keeper of Serenity is supposed to keep people in dreams that give them everything they want, but our characters see through the dream because the dreams don't give them exactly what they want . . . pretty crappy job there Keeper. Though in fairness apparently these 7 are the only ones who broke out of the dream, so I guess she could claim a 99.9% success rate? 

I'm most disappointed the story didn't really end. I mean, they didn't free their world or Losaria. Which, okay, I guess it might have been weird if they freed their world and then decided to go traipsing off with Yuwan, but exactly how long does Cygames plan to drag all this out? 

44 minutes ago, cypherhalo said:

I'm most disappointed the story didn't really end. I mean, they didn't free their world or Losaria. Which, okay, I guess it might have been weird if they freed their world and then decided to go traipsing off with Yuwan, but exactly how long does Cygames plan to drag all this out? 

Probably forever, considering mobile gacha games thrive off infinite content additions.

4 hours ago, Elliot Gale said:

Probably forever, considering mobile gacha games thrive off infinite content additions.

or maybe we will have multiple stories? 

45 minutes ago, Chappie said:

or maybe we will have multiple stories? 

That is actually a good idea. Suppose Cygame wants to drag out the story mode to keep people hooked. There is a better way.

If a story ends. They can create a brand new story with entirely different characters. Constant story update could be a unique selling point compared to other card games. However, I do see the potential problem that creating new characters increases the cost. So they just drag on the story to save on the cost.

I bet they will follow similar routes from MTG story where the multiverses exist with each of its own planewalkers, antagonists, world lores which are different with one another. Hopefully they can create an interesting and expansive world's not just some asspulls to make this game longer and keep making broken cards to excite whale players and make poor job in balancing the game...

It was good for a laugh. to think that i would see this day come..  when someone would come up with a story, where you have a mulatto claiming that "Mother Nature" is evil, and must be delt with. and then there is an "elf" standing right next to him, in support.. LOL!!.

the only way i would find value in this story, would be to look at it like this.. (nothing is as it seems) the mulatto is the result of unnatural behaviour, and thus chooses to be against Nature. and so while Nature is portraited as evil, because "present time" dosnt allow otherwise, it actualy IS the other way around. in which case the world of the mulatto that was destroyed, was perhaps our own(perhaps), and the forces of evil won(thus the god destroyed it). on this world, Nexus representing "Natures" way, is being misrepresented to be evil. on the other hand, this goddess which is seen as "Natures" sword, is actualy pointing at a new world, born of injustice and blackmail.. and therefore trying to destroy it. in which case, Nexus is the real "good guy". if you were to consider the idea, that if something becomes to corrupted, then its best if it is destroyed.

anyway.. heil Mother Nature!.

Edited by yami..

On 1/12/2018 at 3:58 PM, Elliot Gale said:

Yeah but given that they've basically introduced a multiverse they could at least have the crew defeat Keeper of Serenity and then move them on to some new adventure.

Urias feels out of place just because I don't know how powerful he is. It kind of implies he can singlehandedly defeat nexus and enjoy himself a challenge but instead chooses to help the other to make them stronger and give him a challenge...? What?

Dude, the keepers are clearly so powerful that they need to be vanquished by several people at once. There's your ****ing challenge. Just defeat her, then train Rowen or something so you can have your little battle bang

Edited by A Large Ding-Dong