Sign in to follow this  
Rexusrex

Arthurian Light and it's KNIGHTS

7 posts in this topic

So I discovered Shadowverse at this past Twichcon in California.  Out of all the crafts, I would of never thought of playing swordcraft.  In any other game I'm usually a mage or necromancer, and I fancy dragons and vampires.  So you could see some other crafts would appeal to me and they do.  But I've been having some fun with swords, so much so, that it's the one craft I play consistently when not having to do daily.  

Now that I've giving my proper introduction to this subforum Let's move on to the topic on hand.  So I'm a bit of a new player and there fore my decks are limited.  In looking at what I got, I notice the Arthurian Light Amulet and got intrigued in trying to make a deck around this amulet.  I started to research all the possible knights and 1pp cards to see what I can come up with.  I'll have to be honest, it's turned out to be a fun little deck.  I don't know if it will ever compete in high ranks or against the meta, but for my first creation I don't think i did half bad.  And now with chronos, I've been able to tweak it with some additional cards and I'm not doing to bad in Unlimited.  Granted, I'm only in C rank, but even in C rank I feel I'm hitting decks that are part of the meta.  Well, with out further a do, here's my deck list.  Let me know what you think? I don't mind criticisms as long as it's constructive.

Deck list: https://goo.gl/gq59UZ

Youtube: 

20180105_152634.png

Edited by Rexusrex

I enjoyed your video. i dont know what to tell you about your deck at this point, but i see creativity there. but anyway, goodluck with it.

First off, how do you find Accolade? I've been thinking about trying to make it work as Sword needs card draw but Sword is so hungry for followers on board that the idea of running a spell that doesn't deal damage has always troubled me. I also worry that you would only ever get 1 draw off Accolade and what's the point of that then since it would just be milling itself? 

My biggest critique of your deck would be there seems to be an awful lot of 1x cards. My personal experience has been that decks tend to do better, especially Sword decks, when the majority of the cards are 3x. That gives your deck more consistency so you can execute whatever game plan your deck has going for it. 

Also, as soon as you get Tempest lancers, I don't think there's any good reason to not replace Blitz Lancer with Tempest Lancer. 

4 hours ago, cypherhalo said:

First off, how do you find Accolade? I've been thinking about trying to make it work as Sword needs card draw but Sword is so hungry for followers on board that the idea of running a spell that doesn't deal damage has always troubled me. I also worry that you would only ever get 1 draw off Accolade and what's the point of that then since it would just be milling itself? 

My biggest critique of your deck would be there seems to be an awful lot of 1x cards. My personal experience has been that decks tend to do better, especially Sword decks, when the majority of the cards are 3x. That gives your deck more consistency so you can execute whatever game plan your deck has going for it. 

Also, as soon as you get Tempest lancers, I don't think there's any good reason to not replace Blitz Lancer with Tempest Lancer. 

What I like about Accolade is that not only do you get clash "draw a card," but it also turns an officer follower into a commander.  Which can work very nicely in the early game if you have Accolade and Conscription, which states: "put a random officer card from your deck into your hand. Put 1 more into your hand if an allied commander is in play."  By turn 3 or 4, I'm able to pull 3 extra cards if played right, sometimes more.  And even in mid game, if I see I have an extra play point why not get an extra card out of it if I can.  

I've found all the 1x cards to have been extremely useful.  The 1pp followers are meant to synergize with Arthurian light and the 1pp spell are Accolade and mentors teaching.  Free draw cards from both and Mentors teaching gives an extra attack point.  Which has come in hand with cyclone blade.  Imagine round 6 I have Royal Banner and Arthurian Light out, at the start of my turn a 1/1 knight pops up with storm.  Now it's a 2/1 because of Royal banner, evo it and its a 4/3, add mentors teaching and now we have a 5/3.  Drop cyclone blade and you pretty much wiped the board, what ever survived you can take down with your original 1/1 knight or face hit your opponent and force them to deal with the knight on their turn.  Also some people find wolf fang swordsman complete useless, I disagree.  With Arthurian Light in play you can use it's enhanced skill and immediately take down a heavy card.  I've done this multiple times with great pleasure.  

As far as Lancer of the Tempest goes in comparison with Blitz Lancer, I think it's a great card and you're correct to think it better then Blitz Lancer.  The only reason why I don't swap them is because Tempest Lancers is a commander and I try to minimize my commanders in this deck, only to insure that I can pull Royal Banner or Arthurian Light with the Maid or Lux.  Also if Royal banner is down then Blitz Lancer just turned into 4/2.  Blitz Lancer is a sacrifice card, meant to take down an enemy quickly.  

I'm in the middle of making some more example videos of this deck. I find it a ton of fun and will post when ready.  

I can give you some tips to improve the deck if you wish to take them, first onslaught is not a very good removal try replacing it with single target removal tied into a follower since sword got a few of thoes like  Momo or Cuhullin well its cool that you made this all by yourself i wont say more just go experiment and have fun. I guess the Onslaught really triggered me.

On 1/10/2018 at 11:59 AM, Envy said:

I can give you some tips to improve the deck if you wish to take them, first onslaught is not a very good removal try replacing it with single target removal tied into a follower since sword got a few of thoes like  Momo or Cuhullin well its cool that you made this all by yourself i wont say more just go experiment and have fun. I guess the Onslaught really triggered me.

I would probably agree with you on the point of onslaught with any other deck build, but I must respectfully disagree on this one.  The main focus of this deck is with Arthurian Light which is 1) a commander and 2)an amulet.  Having a commander in play make onslaught worth looking at.   And having that commander be AL help both these cards to synergize together.  Onslaught will get rid of an enemy follower and give me a 1/1 follower ready to attack because of AL.  I understand that  someone could destroy my amulet  and that's the end of that, but I don't think most people play with an amulet removal and if they do it's one or 2 cards, and on rare occasion it could be more.  I once battled a player that destroyed all 3 of my amulets with 3 "Execution" in a row.  I imagine that the player originally thought "what the hell am I going to do with all these Executions or maybe they just popped up one by one when needed.  In any case my point being that's only happen once to me and yes it can happen but not often.  Usually people will reset the board with Bahamut  and often it may already be to late, the damage has been done enough for me to throw down Albert.  Or so has been the case, but now I'm going on a rant off track, back on point.

Momo and Cuhullin are both good cards, although I don't know if I care for Momo's bane only activating with an enemy follower having to have 5 attack.  I've found Wolf Fang working fairly well with this particular deck, again with AL I can drop Wolf Fang on his enhance and he'll also gain storm.  I also like having Old Man and Old Woman for their bane effect.  Granted, it eats up an evo, but in mid battle this has help me either regain control of the board or at the least reset it.  I will have to consider Cuhullin though,  I do like his enhance  feature of not taking any damage.  He could potential take out 2 followers if your opponent doesn't take him out first.  Thanks for the tips, it is much appreciated.  Your input did have me reevaluate my deck and  reconsider the cards, but in the end Onslaught has been a worthy card to keep in this deck in particular.  

This is honestly extremely refreshing to see. It's probably not meta, but I couldn't care less if it was or wasn't. It's a fun and creative deck idea that uses some excellent synergy cards that have been overlooked. I have almost never seen stratagem or conscription in a swordcraft deck, or at least very rarely, but here it fits right in. The best thing about this deck is it seems really fun, and I think that's the highlight of it. It also showcases how much of a terrible card Bahamut is. It limits design space for decks like this, because it's literally just "Lol, everything you built up is gone." And you can do that three times. That's insane. So I offer you my applause for making a fun, creative, and different deck. It made it worthwhile to check around the forums.