Sign in to follow this  
Void

Pdk dragon rotation

18 posts in this topic

Well this is my new homebrew dragon pdk deck , so far i got 5 winstreak in rotation , but maybe because the meta is unsettle , i  rarely see removal spell somehow during ranked match is either all midrange , so i decide to make this deck  

I also considering these cards too to put in deck 

: master draconic arts, eyfa wyvern rider , phoenix rider aina , beowulf , elder tortoise

I using zeus instead azi dahaka because i dont have azi dahaka yet 

https://shadowverse-portal.com/deckbuilder/create/4?hash=1.4.5_394.5_394.5_394.6PoaA.6PoaA.6PoaA.6KUzo.6KUzo.6I772.6I772.6I772.6PqHY.6PqHY.6PqHY.5_38w.5_38w.5_38w.6AaSQ.6AaSQ.6AaSQ.6EI-M.6EI-M.6EI-M.6M08i.6M2ao.6M2ao.6M2ao.6EQIo.6EQIo.6EQIo.6AY0A.6AY0A.6Psjo.6Psjo.6Psjo.694Vo.694Vo.694Vo.6Cueo.6Cueo

Well the decks run like old pdk and i think this one had more pressure now 

The meta still unstable though, any advice?

@Void, interesting deck.

You have very little card draw, I thought 3x Fervor 3x Staircase were mandatory in a PDK deck. Also, is Zirnitra worth the inclusion? PDK is already a board control tool herself, isn't Zirnitra redundant here? (I'm asking because I didn't pull any but I still want to try a PDK deck :/ ).

1 hour ago, midgardsormr said:

@Void, interesting deck.

You have very little card draw, I thought 3x Fervor 3x Staircase were mandatory in a PDK deck. Also, is Zirnitra worth the inclusion? PDK is already a board control tool herself, isn't Zirnitra redundant here? (I'm asking because I didn't pull any but I still want to try a PDK deck :/ ).

She's actually amazing.  It's like having a second pdk.  If PDK survives, Zimitra feeds it nicely.   If not, Zimitra can clean up the board, play with staircase, and do more.   And she also powers up your three drops and less.  It's pretty good in the deck.

This build is interesting.  I ended up cutting Phoenix for Date.  I haven't pulled a second copy of the new ramp dragon legendary, so I'm running Aina as my burst.   Aina is great against aggro and gives you a heck of a close out against some midrange decks.  Midrange Shadow gives the deck headaches, but it's pretty good otherwise.  

3 hours ago, midgardsormr said:

@Void, interesting deck.

Well you right ,  this deck had little card draw ,  i might cut 1 dragon horde and 1 zirnitra for fervor and staircase  .  Zirnitra actually can be useful against bigger board against midrange , you cannot expect you will draw your pdk every match you had , so here i am using her as 2nd plan 

This is my version of PDK.  It's a touch more stormier.

Deck Code: gbgg

Link: https://shadowverse-portal.com/deck/3.4.5_394.5_394.5_394.6PoaA.6PoaA.6PoaA.6KUzo.6KUzo.6I772.6I772.6I772.6PqHY.6PqHY.6PqHY.5_38w.5_38w.5_38w.6AaSQ.6AaSQ.6AaSQ.6AXHS.6AXHS.6AXHS.6EI-M.6EI-M.6EI-M.6PlP2.6PlP2.6PlP2.6M2ao.6M2ao.6M2ao.fxQXo.fxQXo.fxQXo.6ENsi.6ENsi.6Psjo.6Psjo.6Psjo

As you can see, mine is a touch more stormy.  Aina I find right now is fantastic.  Aggro decks just die when they see her.  Dragon Horde and Zimitra is the MVP.  Zimitra just clears large boards by herself.  If I don't draw PDK she can guide me to victory.  Dragon Afficionado is also amazing in this deck.  I can play it anytime and it does something.  Much better than matilda was.   I would have the new Dragon Legendary for the high end if I had one more.  Eyfa is a surprisingly good finisher in here in its place.  

Edited by jpants

1 hour ago, Greevilz said:

Hm...

How to play PDK?

Sorry for being an idiot.

Well , pdk is more like controllish against midrange at t7 you vomit your pdk and your low cost follower and controlling their minion , keep harrass them with pdk effect and finish them with storm follower , (in my case is zeus , but looks like azi is more great lel ) 

Edited by Void

19 minutes ago, Void said:

Well , pdk is more like controllish against midrange at t7 you vomit your pdk and your low cost follower and controlling their minion , keep harrass them with pdk effect and finish them with storm follower , (in my case is zeus , but looks like azi is more great lel ) 

Oh okay. Thanks.

But ramp first or spam followers? Hard to adjust since only know play ramp dragon.

hm no matter...sorry

Edited by Greevilz

14 minutes ago, Greevilz said:

Oh okay. Thanks.

But ramp first or spam followers? Hard to adjust since only know play ramp dragon.

hm no matter...sorry

Well ofc you try control , dont throw all your follower except you against aggro one 

Kinda weaker (compaired to regular ramp) that I thought despite Dragon Aficionado being an excellent entry. The loss of Fire lizard and Ivory dragon make Forestcraft matchup quite less an easy game, and Shadowcraft is lose if you don't hold the follower plague, much harder without both of those. So you kinda often happen to take control too late when stuff like AOE or storm cards happen. By the time you play Azi the opponent still have 16 hp.

Kinda stronger on unlimited tho, aggro eater.

Edited by Kinxil

Alright. Took a few days but the general consensus is why play PDK when you can play ramp.

And that's true. It's not like PDK has any expectional match ups when compared to ramp.

On 1/5/2018 at 6:33 AM, Greevilz said:

Nahh..PDK loses more than it wins.

What a waste.

Strange I seem to be climbing easily enough with it. 

Its not as good as ramp in general but it does handle boards a bit better then ramp does making it a bit more defensive. On paper that means doing worse against other dragon decks while doing better against things like midshadow. And with pheonix rider you can easily exploit big boards for massive damage that your opponent simply cant stop. 

7 hours ago, Chappie said:

Strange I seem to be climbing easily enough with it. 

Its not as good as ramp in general but it does handle boards a bit better then ramp does making it a bit more defensive. On paper that means doing worse against other dragon decks while doing better against things like midshadow. And with pheonix rider you can easily exploit big boards for massive damage that your opponent simply cant stop. 

Hm, maybe i was playing it wrong then?

What is your gameplan when playing PDK deck then...

Edited by Greevilz

5 minutes ago, Greevilz said:

Hm, maybe i was playing it wrong then?

What is your gameplan when playing PDK deck then...

same plan as always, try to maintain a board in the early game and use stairs to refuel for pdk combos late game. 

Zirn complements pdk by functioning as a "second copy" in a sense but with with a lot more offensive pressure. Pheonix rider acts as our replacement for forte and hard counters shadows full field strategy and finally you have zeus and baha at the end of the curve because this meta is grindy as hell. 

Because the deck is more focused on board control it is actually weak to decks that dont give a **** like burn rune and ramp dragon but does much better against midshadow since they really want to maintain a board at all times. 

1 minute ago, Chappie said:

same plan as always, try to maintain a board in the early game and use stairs to refuel for pdk combos late game. 

Zirn complements pdk by functioning as a "second copy" in a sense but with with a lot more offensive pressure. Pheonix rider acts as our replacement for forte and hard counters shadows full field strategy and finally you have zeus and baha at the end of the curve because this meta is grindy as hell. 

Because the deck is more focused on board control it is actually weak to decks that dont give a **** like burn rune and ramp dragon but does much better against midshadow since they really want to maintain a board at all times. 

Okay. Thank you.

Do you have your makeshift list too? I tried the above list but not confident enough..

6 minutes ago, Greevilz said:

Okay. Thank you.

Do you have your makeshift list too? I tried the above list but not confident enough..

https://shadowverse-portal.com/deck/3.4.5_394.5_394.6PoaA.6PoaA.6I772.6I772.6I772.6PqHY.6PqHY.6PqHY.6LxG2.6LxG2.6LxG2.6EI-M.6EI-M.6EI-M.6M08i.6PlP2.6PlP2.6PlP2.6M2ao.6M2ao.6M2ao.6EQIo.6EQIo.fxQXo.6AY0A.6AY0A.6ENsi.6ENsi.6Psjo.6Psjo.6Psjy.6Psjy.6KUzo.6KUzo.694Vo.694Vo.6AaSQ.6AaSQ

plenty of wiggle room here 

the azis can be swapped for zeus or cut entirely for more early game. 

beowolf can be ran to match up better against dragon

master of dragonic arts helps keep you alive in the early game 

marion the fierce dragonewt can turn bricks in your hand into more control. 

I am satisfied with the current list though. Gets the job done even if burn rune makes me super annoyed.