Sign in to follow this  
midgardsormr

CG Rotation - Control (wallet) Forest

45 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Gunz said:

I mixed up crimson bow with aria😓 I have lots nvm

Yeah I noticed xD no no, Aria is superfluous. But Crimsonbow is essentially Cassiopeia MKII/Forest Lion Spirit. Really useful.

14 hours ago, Gunz said:

I’ve been running this http://goo.gl/7XJbfg and doing pretty well with it in master ranks. I run spring green and brambles even tho no one drop just to bounce them back in my hand. The rotation meta is not that aggressive so you don’t need a 1 drop most matches, the real fun begins at turn 3 -4.

I’m surprised that most people don’t run Baha in their list it’s just an amazing card now and I won many games with it. The other stuff like Weald and Gourmet are run just to keep hand size up, I always, always have a 9/9 ele on turn 10.

Some of my choices don’t seem to be efficient perhaps there is better but the deck is working for me and until I’m getting beat then I’ll stick to those choices.

I like it but I find the choice of no Crimsonbow very unusual. There have been times where I would really have liked Baha but didn't put it in because I was worried it would be that much more top heavy. You recommend it strongly?

Edited by Karahi

I’ve added crimson bow and it definitely is better. As for your question about Bahamut.. it’s all a matter of preference but I would advise to add one and see how it goes😊

Also been having a lot of fun with Ariana. Those 1 cost Ivy Spellbombs are no joke. Spot removal and face damage? Yes please. Vist is, it turns out, credit to midgarde, really stupidly good in this deck. Between Ariana and Vist I'm starting to have trouble justifying the inclusion of Aria after all. Most of the time I draw her now, I just wish it was a third Vist or Ariana.

9 hours ago, Karahi said:

Also been having a lot of fun with Ariana. Those 1 cost Ivy Spellbombs are no joke. Spot removal and face damage? Yes please. Vist is, it turns out, credit to midgarde, really stupidly good in this deck. Between Ariana and Vist I'm starting to have trouble justifying the inclusion of Aria after all. Most of the time I draw her now, I just wish it was a third Vist or Ariana.

Just drop her altogether. There's no need for her Wisps, most of the times, and I've used her enhance like once in hundreds of games (and only to get 2 fairies since I already had 6 cards in hand).

Baha turns out to be good, especially when you don't have your combo ready by turn 10. Thanks @Gunz for the idea. Problem is, now I don't know what to cut to make room for him. xD

29 minutes ago, midgardsormr said:

Just drop her altogether. There's no need for her Wisps, most of the times, and I've used her enhance like once in hundreds of games (and only to get 2 fairies since I already had 6 cards in hand).

Baha turns out to be good, especially when you don't have your combo ready by turn 10. Thanks @Gunz for the idea. Problem is, now I don't know what to cut to make room for him. xD

I did end up cutting Aria anyway. Haha, my deck currently is looking like this and indeed the Baha is still the king of control decks (or rather, it's really good in control decks that are not Dragon once again with the slowed down meta. Back to being a neutral card rather than a dragon card in disguise.) 

I cut one Insect Lord for the sake of Baha. It was a very tough decision, especially when I actually had to craft the bloody things for 3500 a pop. But I was finding that I very rarely used 3 of them in any game.

On a side note, I'm toying with the idea of 3 Ariana but the only thing I think I could cut at this point is one of the Vists, which is also a very tough call. I've found that Ariana is, surprisingly, a really fantastic bounce target when you can get away with it. Ivy Spellbombs are pretty trash but they become incredibly powerful when they don't take up deck space and only cost 1pp. 

Screenshot_20180103-025233.png

Edited by Karahi

10 minutes ago, Karahi said:

I did end up cutting Aria anyway. Haha, my deck currently is looking like this and indeed the Baha is still the king of control decks (or rather, it's really good in control decks that are not Dragon once again with the slowed down meta. Back to being a neutral card rather than a dragon card in disguise.) 

I cut one Insect Lord for the sake of Baha. It was a very tough decision, especially when I actually had to craft the bloody things for 3500 a pop. But I was finding that I very rarely used 3 of them in any game.

On a side note, I'm toying with the idea of 3 Ariana but the only thing I think I could cut at this point is one of the Vists, which is also a very tough call. I've found that Ariana is, surprisingly, a really fantastic bounce target when you can get away with it. Ivy Spellbombs are pretty trash but they become incredibly powerful when they don't take up deck space and only cost 1pp. 

Screenshot_20180103-025233.png

Very similar to my list, with a big exception though... why no Warden(s)? They have saved my butt many times and won me lost games...

2 hours ago, midgardsormr said:

Very similar to my list, with a big exception though... why no Warden(s)? They have saved my butt many times and won me lost games...

I did have wardens in there. But I wanted to see if I could make the deck slightly faster by doing some more chip damage after realizing that I just can't win against midrange Shadow if I have to go to turn ten. At this point I'm starting to think I'd better cut my losses and just make my other matchups better. So I might put some wardens back in. It's very difficult to do much chip damage against Shadow when you have to manage a billion skeletons throughout the whole game. And then the immortal Thane comes out. 

2 minutes ago, Karahi said:

I did have wardens in there. But I wanted to see if I could make the deck slightly faster by doing some more chip damage after realizing that I just can't win against midrange Shadow if I have to go to turn ten. At this point I'm starting to think I'd better cut my losses and just make my other matchups better. So I might put some wardens back in. It's very difficult to do much chip damage against Shadow when you have to manage a billion skeletons throughout the whole game. And then the immortal Thane comes out. 

In all fairness, if shadows what you’re having issues with, even with Cassio, surely having two wards over 1 large body would be better since Aisha doesn’t have alberts damage immunity, so one warden would take care of her, after all, she’s storm damage you can’t prevent it, but you can stall it, even if it makes the shadow have to use something else in the mean time. o:  and then the storm damage they deal is quite the closer if you combine with the 0pp elephant from White Wolf. Though that begs the question, your 1 jungle warden becomes 2, if you bounce back both with elephant. Do you get 2? Or still just the 1 original? O.o 

32 minutes ago, Othello said:

In all fairness, if shadows what you’re having issues with, even with Cassio, surely having two wards over 1 large body would be better since Aisha doesn’t have alberts damage immunity, so one warden would take care of her, after all, she’s storm damage you can’t prevent it, but you can stall it, even if it makes the shadow have to use something else in the mean time. o:  and then the storm damage they deal is quite the closer if you combine with the 0pp elephant from White Wolf. Though that begs the question, your 1 jungle warden becomes 2, if you bounce back both with elephant. Do you get 2? Or still just the 1 original? O.o 

You get 2. It's useful because your Elephant becomes a 10/10 this way, so if you have an evo and a 0pp Elephant it's a pure OTK with no need of chip damage.

9 hours ago, Othello said:

I actually have to get to turn 10 though. 

28 minutes ago, Karahi said:

I actually have to get to turn 10 though. 

AoE is the key. Insects, Crimsonbow and Cassy are your best friends there. And Baha. And still sometimes they're not enough. :/

Shadow has always been a bad matchup for Forest, so it's no surprise. But if they don't draw all their board floods you have a fair chance to win.

1 minute ago, midgardsormr said:

AoE is the key. Insects, Crimsonbow and Cassy are your best friends there. And Baha. And still sometimes they're not enough. :/

Shadow has always been a bad matchup for Forest, so it's no surprise. But if they don't draw all their board floods you have a fair chance to win.

Yeah, all three of those have been great. It's just a shame I can never get rid of everything and it can also be hard staying on board thanks to Ceres and NecroAssassin+Lurching Corpse. I can always do pretty well throughout the game but then it's the immortal thane that always messes me up. I've been thinking I might try to fit in either Feena or Goblin mage to draw Lily a little more reliably. 

Mid shadow has too much value so I tend to not think much about losing to it and focus on other matchups 

7 hours ago, Gunz said:

Mid shadow has too much value so I tend to not think much about losing to it and focus on other matchups 

It's really getting on my nerves at this point. You have to spend so many resources on dealing with a Thane and then the shadow player just summons them back to back along with 0 cost Wight Kings, and if you can't answer any of it well enough you get Eachter'd. 

28 minutes ago, Greevilz said:

I've seen this on the ladder, with also Bahamut. It's super solid, and probably better than my list. :) Unfortunately, I don't have the Saha package (I only have 1 Saha and 0 Israfil), so I can't try it myself...

3 minutes ago, midgardsormr said:

I've seen this on the ladder, with also Bahamut. It's super solid, and probably better than my list. :) Unfortunately, I don't have the Saha package (I only have 1 Saha and 0 Israfil), so I can't try it myself...

I understand.

The gameplay itself was stalling right? Are Insect lord really that necessary?

And yes, help me about tempo ones..

4 minutes ago, Greevilz said:

I understand.

The gameplay itself was stalling right? Are Insect lord really that necessary?

And yes, help me about tempo ones..

Insects are useful but not mandatory. I run 2x, you can avoid them if you're on a budget. Include a couple of Crimsonbow Elves instead, they're cheap and effective.

Tempo, you mean the classic aggressive Forest deck? Well, my bad, but I haven't found a working deck for it yet, in Rotation. :( I mean, the list is very similar to the one I posted you weeks ago, but the loss of Roaches hurts more than I expected. Liza can be replaced by Leaf Man, and you can include 2x Felpurr Kittens instead of May. You need to max out Fairy Drivers and Ipiria to increase your face damage, so 3x each. You can try out Philosopher or Weed Man to buff your followers. Philosopher is fine, Weed Man is a bit fragile due to all the Puppets you face with Portal.

Aria is a nice inclusion but not more than 2x, and if you include her the new 4/5 rush for 6pp is good too as 2x. But these are not mandatory at all.