Sign in to follow this  
Hikaru

Blood getting the short end of the stick?

13 posts in this topic

I believe blood got short end of the stick for this update. like Nacth and Jorm are pretty useless now that everyone have that transform card, and Diabolus Psema are pretty slow for mediocre effect.. the other card like scarecrow and blood drinker brand might see some play but overall blood still lack any viable deck on rotation other than vengeance... which hardly use Chronogenesis card..

I am playing a kinda "tempo" vengeance face deck and i got 9 wins in a row in A1 ranks. Maybe is just the rank but all the new bronze cards works really well for me. Also succubus lilith give you pretty nasty turn 4 like a turn 5 play. Glassbrand demon is a vanilla beast 5/5 also 2 damages to yourself set up vengeance pretty fast and it has to be resolve every time unless your oponent can set upt letal turn 6-7 before you do. Scarlet and Spawn your cause i love the art (spawn finisher yadayada not very useful most of the times cause...turn 8)

EDIT: But you know what i am missing in the deck? EXELLA D;!!!!!!!

TrueBloodOP.png

Edited by HollowShadow

I wouldnt call nocht and jorm useless just because of that transform card. Keep in mind that thing costs 4 freaking mana and is a hard -1. Yes it screws your strategy up a bit but you shouldnt expect it to be played at more then 2 copies at most for CERTAIN decks. I cant imagine it will be seen as good enough to be a true staple due to being very inefficient removal against anything that isnt an amulet or a last words follower. (I guess B&B too...)

I do think this encourages the use of zodiac in the deck just in case though. He got a bit of a "buff" anyway by having another quality target to toss at something too so I think the situation is manageable. 

As for the rest of blood, well it seems solid in unlimited if nothing else. Savage wolf is the cancer we expected it to be (who thought giving batcraft a NOVICE TROOPER was a good idea?!) 

1 hour ago, Chappie said:

As for the rest of blood, well it seems solid in unlimited if nothing else. Savage wolf is the cancer we expected it to be (who thought giving batcraft a NOVICE TROOPER was a good idea?!) 

I thought that (?). Not but for real, i mean yeah is a hell of strong card in the perfect curve but withouth wolf rotation Blood could be very trashy, blood need storm for finish game more than any other class, even sword.

If you are having that much of a problem with Fall from Grace, then you should just put in a few Zodiac Demons into your deck so you can pull them out before their FfG has a good target.

Bloodcraft actually is possibly the best class for Zodiac Demon right now since you have such high-quality ammo that deals decent damage with the Zodiac fanfare, fit into the same deck, and have really good synergy with each other.

Nacht might be the best card in this set.  She's bonkers.  

I think from what I've seen, blood neutral seems to be making a comeback, and she's a good top end finisher for that deck

I have been testing Jorm deck without success, I think that the main problem of the deck is the lack of agressive early drops since wolf, wraith and flowerbed rotated. In every match I am like 5 health off to win, its very frustrating.

The only somewhat playable blood deck in rotation is neutral phantom cat try that.

On 1/10/2018 at 3:21 PM, Envy said:

The only somewhat playable blood deck in rotation is neutral phantom cat try that.

hmm can I look at the decklist? I only know that phantom cat is that 6pp draw 2 cards then deal damage to face if the card you draw is neut but honestly just by the name I have no idea what kind of deck is that..

is this Neutral wallet forest version of blood?

BTW tested all the card that comes out this expansion with exception of Psema which seems to be a huge Meh for blood.. tried the ticking bomb of Nacth, Jorm, Carabosse.. Nacth seems to be dead card most of the time, there's a lot of time where I question her inclusion.. and portal/heaven keep banishing Jorm and Nacth while the deck can't deal with midrange shadow board flood.. Dragon are somewhat winnable if not for Queen of Azi Dahaka combo and it's always a contest of burn damage when facing burn rune.. if they did not mutagenic my jorm that is..

Vassago is a nice to be used alongside urd but just like urd-jorm combo, the chance of pulling it off is pretty slim..

anyway other than Glassbrand demon the other cards seems to hardly see any play.. I never even encounter blood player using Reach of the Archdemon..

15 hours ago, Hikaru said:

hmm can I look at the decklist? I only know that phantom cat is that 6pp draw 2 cards then deal damage to face if the card you draw is neut but honestly just by the name I have no idea what kind of deck is that..

is this Neutral wallet forest version of blood?

BTW tested all the card that comes out this expansion with exception of Psema which seems to be a huge Meh for blood.. tried the ticking bomb of Nacth, Jorm, Carabosse.. Nacth seems to be dead card most of the time, there's a lot of time where I question her inclusion.. and portal/heaven keep banishing Jorm and Nacth while the deck can't deal with midrange shadow board flood.. Dragon are somewhat winnable if not for Queen of Azi Dahaka combo and it's always a contest of burn damage when facing burn rune.. if they did not mutagenic my jorm that is..

Vassago is a nice to be used alongside urd but just like urd-jorm combo, the chance of pulling it off is pretty slim..

anyway other than Glassbrand demon the other cards seems to hardly see any play.. I never even encounter blood player using Reach of the Archdemon..

i dont have a decklist for it since i do not play blood in rotation. But yes its that cat deck.