Sign in to follow this  
Juryoko

Control Blood deck

17 posts in this topic

So this is my deck. I've been recently struggling with how to use Bloodcraft and wasn't there for the start of Starforged and Wonderland Dreams. Recently got back into it with my saved progress, and found a style of Bloodcraft I liked and have been doing well with on Rank A0 or so. The deck is very late game, and the best thing I found in early game is to stall. Yurius is always a high health target that people spend resources on because they think they're fighting aggro, Baphomet gives me card draw and pressure the opponent and he can also be used for trades, Spider imp was Good against decks that are slow, and is out of range for Banish or most Rune burn cards that would want to one shot it. A strange choice was probably the bloodfed flower bed, but it goes well with late game combos and if the opponent isn't pressuring you don't feel like you wasted your heals from cards like Sabreur and Wardrobe. I recently defeated a Burn-rune deck with my starting hand consisting of a Alucard, Temptress Vampire, and Bloodfed Flowerbed. I still want to see what other more experienced Bloodcraft players think. Also, I'm on a budget, so there are cards I do wish I had but with my limited funds...not really possible right now. Sitting on 3000 (Measly number) vials right now and waiting to see if there's something I reaaaally want.
20171205200220_1.thumb.jpg.cafb4e0f4afb455d36b14e113703b288.jpg20171205200229_1.thumb.jpg.de5d4831251504d0aad3852cc05bdffe.jpg

Edited by Juryoko

It's very satisfying to win with, and I've never lost against a bloodcraft aggro deck yet (Hoping not to jinx myself) and this works very well against the earth-rite decks from my experience. The moment you hit 5-6 play points the true game starts, and if the opponent can't overwhelm you then you can easily flip the tables with cards like Bandersnatch, Alucard, Temptress, Sabreur, and Fenrir. Azazel is a card I'm not sure about, but he's allowed me to survive extreme late game scenarios before. I usually save an evolve for Luci and can deal close to 11-16 damage on one turn after surviving the slog of early game and at that point I can sneak enough through to end things. It can also shift gears with it's early game cards, and I've won games by Evolving Baph and making him resistant to effect with Euryale against a control Rune and beat them as they struggled to find answers against my early game pressure that snowballed into huge creatures that kept the pressure rising 

Edited by Juryoko

@Juryoko C blood are extremely strong against all aggro and burn variant but you'll struggle against other Control type from other craft, e.g you have no answer to turn 8 seraph, or Nepthys nor you can't out value Ramp storm Dragon. In other word against other control variant you'll be at disadvantage late game.

There's few questionable inclusion like Bloodfed flowerbed and savage hunt but if you found that it works for you then it's fine, but personally I'll tech in some execution in case you meet some amulet based deck like Roland and Polyphonic roar. usually Emeralda took that role so.. personally I'll replace bloodfed with something like Trial of the Gorgon that could naturally fill the 4th or 7 curve on play or maybe more removal like Hungering Horde that are indispensable when facing midrange shadow and tempo forest.

Personally I'll include Sudden death Azazel as core idea using Bandersnatch but you require to have 10 rush damage as pre-requisite for the combo (which is why spawn is the most popular choice for that)

Since you're running on budget it can't be helped that you're also missing few key card for C-blood like Revelation, Diabolic Drain and Emeralda..  probably you're running what available for you so this is fine but there's Elana craze atm so you might struggle a bit in current meta once you're on A1.

Edited by Hikaru

Thanks for the tips! The reason for savage hunt was because I used to run execution for the reasons you stated, but with the Dirt rune burn decks being so popular at the time I wanted something that could give me card draw in a pinch and the best target I had was to execute an Earth essence, which was pretty much a massive waste of 5pp, especially for a deck that can’t usually play multiple cards on the same turn due to costs. I’ve rarely seen Elana, but when I do I’ll switch them out. As for blood fed, it doesn’t seem like it doesn’t do much, but it can put that couple of hits from alucard, other storm followers, or any creature I had left able to put the oppponent within lethal range to finish with the unblockable damage from Temptress or evolved Luci. Although it’s a dead card against any rush deck really, since if I can get my finishers out then I’ve pretty much already won the game regardless of their health as I can beat them off with fenrir, wards, or sabreur

Edited by Juryoko

I've used some of my vials to make x2 Emeralda, and after reaching rank A1 I've taken your suggestion to put in the executions. What card do you think I should replace to put her in? @Hikaru 

Edited by Juryoko

6 hours ago, Juryoko said:

I've used some of my vials to make x2 Emeralda, and after reaching rank A1 I've taken your suggestion to put in the executions. What card do you think I should replace to put her in? @Hikaru 

No need to run both, since Emeralda can destroy amulets, Which only really comes into play vs Sword. Would replace the warfiend or Alucard, does seem like your decks a bit all over the place, but if it’s working for you, great! Sorry kinda only just seen this topic xD so will give a more in-depth look later. 

8 hours ago, Juryoko said:

Exactly like Othello said and what I mentioned before, Emeralda usually are used to tech amulet based win con usually Roland and Leonidas Resolve but it's also useful to kill follower with seraph as exception (AFAIK Blood can't counter seraph at all), you could just take DoD if you need hard removal, unless you have Demonic Commander Laura then you could put Call of Cocytus for 13-15 face damage.. Note that Emeralda full value usually are shown in vengeance, also it's too slow to counter Elena so having more follower removal like scorpius will be good..

You should try to tune your deck according to meta you're facing, use the "copy deck" function on deck building menu to make a replica and tune it up so that you handle whatever the meta you face.. e.g atm there's a lot of burn rune on the ladder, so you could add more healing and maybe mask of black death, you're facing tons of neut-forest means you need something to deal with BnB, either carry a beatstick or carry Mr. Fullmoon to tech BnB

However let me give you my honest impression after running your deck for a while.

1. your deck are severely lacking in draw power.

2. Lack of value, Bandersnatch is a good card to put strong follower on board but most of your 6+ follower requires fanfare for full value. Usually Bandersnatch are used to snatch Spawn or Jormungand for finisher preparation.. well if you pulled Gabriel then it's a jackpot but other than him the other is a miss IMO.

3. Kind of clunky, I've tried to mulligan Bapho each turn but from my few run sometimes I ended up with late game follower early, being heavy late game is fine but you need to draw enough card to somehow avoid losing way too much early game.. it's fine for now because aggro sword seems to be dead but if you bricked vs aggro sword you'll lose a match you should've won. well probably it's just too RNG-ish for my own taste..

also sorry I'm planning to test run it vs various deck but I keep meeting commander sword and burn rune even on unranked..  but it's definitely weak to elana and seraph tho but that's okay cuz C-blood simply lose to other C variant..

I see. I’m glad that you took the time to test it, and most of my unlucky games is where Bander has snatched temptress xD. Otherwise, he’s aleays helped me finish games. Usually I just play to survive the first few rounds until my big creatures can clear board when I start dropping cards like sabreur, fenrir, and other storm/rush damage cards. Demonic rain is pretty good to just get rid of everything and maybe even have most of my high defense cards survive to swing in. That’s part of why savage hunt was in there, card draw. I’ve also been fighting Elana’s and maybe it was just how I drew my cards but it barely stood a chance, and ran out of evolves and tenkos while I still had heavy hitters in hand, on board, and even won after they popped Aegis and some heals by blocking with ward and finishing with temptress. That card either wins me the game or ruins it completely by how late she is xD

And if Bander snatches a storm creature like Alu or imp, then all the better as I usually save one of those two in my hand to get them low enough for temptress or even just let them kill them if they aren’t careful 

Edited by Juryoko

As a side note, I know for sure this deck is absolutely destroyed fighting vengeance. When they drop Belphehor it’s pretty much over since there’s nothing that can counter that and I’m not really sure what could 

Does anyone know who an Ash is? I just fought them and they're deck was actually pretty similar to mine, but with suggestions like mask in there. The early game plays and how they game ran felt pretty similar to my own deck, and I tried watching the replay to maybe see if I could figure out what else matched up, but since I couldn't see his hand that was a no. I really felt like I was playing a mirror, and I'm curious if anyone on here is actually that person. Diabolic drain and Revelation were also on the list, which were mentioned earlier to be added in...

Also, I've completely removed Yurius in favor of two venomous bites and a trial of the gorgon. Esmeralda has also replaced execution/savage hunt, and has been working well. Yurius just didn't match my style of play, and was quite useless from what I found. Unlike in aggro, his damage really doesn't mean much when being able to deal damage and generate creatures that can add the extra 1-2 damage Yurius might have done to help instead. 

Edited by Juryoko

3 hours ago, Juryoko said:

Does anyone know who an Ash is?

nope, and at least it's not me. Blood have early game are pretty limited and you can tell what are they playing from their early game drop. For Vengeance they hardly drop 1pp follower, if they drop ambling wraith or goblin then it's aggro, if they drop spiderweb then it's either control or vengeance and not aggro. turn 3 if it's veight or bat then it's aggro, if it's snek then either Jorm or C blood but rarely vengeance.

17 hours ago, Juryoko said:

Usually I just play to survive the first few rounds until my big creatures can clear board when I start dropping cards like sabreur, fenrir, and other storm/rush damage cards.

Then your deck is closer a hybrid storm blood, this is just IMO but you should consider building vengeance if you like this play style because it's a more "complete" version of this deck.. problem is.. Vengeance is the most expensive kind of blood deck and they're moody, their consistency really depends on the meta they face so it's really up to you. Why I said V-blood is the complete version is because V blood also combine aggro and control, V deck did the exact same thing you're trying to do and they did it better.

No wonder that my option feels lacking for a control deck.. Control deck in general favor hand advantage after all, my option when piloting this deck usually boils down to either trade or face.

17 hours ago, Juryoko said:

And if Bander snatches a storm creature like Alu or imp, then all the better as I usually save one of those two in my hand to get them low enough for temptress or even just let them kill them if they aren’t careful 

Here's the Bander Bingo : Jackpot : Gabriel, Iceblade Good : Fenrir, Imp; Just OK : Azazel, Emeralda, Alucard; Miss : Vampire Temptress.

thing is the just OK category means that you'll their value if you pull them using Bander, you only have 2 copy of those card so the less copy you have on deck the harder for you to pull them. that's why it's too RNG-ish for my taste but that's just my preferences so it's fine.

Elana isn't the most consistent deck, it really depends on the player and the draw so fighting them is stressing af. Since you'll playing a storm deck you might suffer too from ramp storm dragon.. they could easily hit your face for 18 point with Queen-Gene-Ariett combo

I see. If I ever get the resources I’ll definitely switch to the Vengeance blood then. (Especially because it keeps handing it to me in my matchups) 

Experiment? More like my slightly terrible trial and error trying to build a deck after failing constantly and finally doing pretty good since I’ve come back. I actually deleted all my old decks from the DE and Bahamut times because they literally got stomped on the ladder, which was crazy because they did so well before. Meta shifts.

Edited by Juryoko

I've got a control blood decklist(s) if you'd like.

One runs 2 Odins 2 bahamuts and the other one runs 3 Odins 1 bahamut.

The other one runs 2 Spawns + Azazel alongside no bahamuts but with 2 Odins.

I currently don't have the resources for the odins or spawns, and I've only got 1 Bahamut ^^" 

Is there anything I can replace them with?

2 hours ago, Juryoko said:

I currently don't have the resources for the odins or spawns, and I've only got 1 Bahamut ^^" 

Is there anything I can replace them with?

Nope, Odin and Baha are extremely special case.. there's no replacement for them in bloodcraft. there's better Odin in Runecraft tho called petrification.

Odin are tech card for seraph, for other amulet based win con Emeralda is enough except if you want to harass enemy..

I've mentioned it before but spawn to Azazel is pretty much a sudden death win-con on turn 9.. the reason C-blood fall behind other control deck is that they lack the win-con and spawn probably are one of the most famous one.

Jorm also works as alternate win-con if you build a deck around him but RNG really hit hard on Jorm deck. but if you could get 2 Jorm last word effect then the match are pretty much yours.. the best thing is that other than Jorm the deck doesn't really need other gold or legendaries..

Dang. I'll need to start saving vials for them then xD

Currently saving Rupees to buy a bunch of the Chrono packs that are coming out, so I might not change much currently