Sign in to follow this  
Kinxil

[Roost Queen] Dementia

5 posts in this topic

Hello ladies and gentlemen.

I've done a couple of deck recently which doesn't seem to perform that well, so I'm kinda back to the meme for a month. Let me introduce you with Roost Queen. As you would guess, it's kinda a Queen - Genesis - Arriet OTK but with a spicy flavor : Phoenix Roost. 

Surprisingly, for the few games I did, it's working fairly well with an OTK which can be delivered as early as turn 6 (Pretty easy to guess : T5 Roost > T6 Queen Combo). But a few games can't stand for a deck building victory. And eh, this deck can deliver crazy games, for the best and the worst, you're warned.

Without more thrill, the list !

5a2591a20566d_Sanstitre.png.4b40c813933839c7290784269824751e.png

- Deck Building Strategy

The backbone is simple : Queen combo, ramp. The flesh is more subtle. A key point was to avoid Enhance cards, which does NOT work with Roost. Therefore, the lack of salander breath have been compensated with Dragon Warrior, which is fairly good in current balanced, slighty aggro favored, meta, noticeably against Haven to recover from Priest of the Cudgel double trade. Sibyl is only in two exemplary because Fervor has priority over her, being MUCH stronger with Roost, and still fine without after a Dragon Warrior. Bahamut was an obvious add, because well, it's Bahamut, and it's a good Roost follow up to counter opponent board vomit due to Roost. He also counter Azazel Spawn OTK and Beauty & Beast decks. Pendant has been added as well because it allows a secured OTK and can be played the same turn as Queen under Roost as early as turn 8, which can provides a great help against control decks in a meta seeking to counter regular Queen OTK. 

I'm still convinced Fire Lizard is a mandatory card in the current meta (Win-lose condition against Storm haven, Aggro blood and Aggro Forest, so it's here !).

Discussable cards :

- Dragon's Nest : It has never been a very good card by itself but with Haven rising, I tend to favor it over Unica which is terrible past turn 4/5 and is the perfect Scripture victim. 

- Satan : Eh... Never had the chance to try it. But against heavy control, it might help, and with 1 exemplary he shouldn't bother you that much. Probably dispensable.

- Python : Same as Satan. But I keep it as I'm kinda curious how playing it turn 6 would end up.

- Stairway : Pretty much a Bahamut preparator or a PP filler, or a 5PP draw 3. 2 could be better, not sure. Doesn't work with Roost ofc.

- Play strategy -

Survive & OTK. It's not that harder. Well, if you do want to play it crazy serious, mastering this deck will mostly resolve about deciding if Roost is a playable option in a given situation. Got Bahamut ? Most of the case I bet it will be against anything a tad slower that an aggro. Don't ask me, I've read so many time Roost is an instant game loser I started to play it 2 days ago. Not disappointed.

- Deck lifecycle -

Designed for the lulz, I can't guess if it can go any further. Also, the combo is rotating out, so at the end of the month, it's Unlimited Stuff. Np, I smell unlimited trolling potential. However, Sea Queen is prolly meant to get nerfed/revamped soon or late as she's such a wild card. The Queen combo is so good it almost allows a Roost deck. But without such a combo, it's meant to die. A Windmill OTK or a Gamble Fate OTK will never be good enough to take such a risk. 

Anyway, have fun !

Edited by Kinxil

Seems interesting, basically Queen otk, or Satan+python otk, interesting, xD would give it a try if I had all the pieces 

1 hour ago, zzMedVeDzz said:

Why pedant tho? Quenn will the work anyway...

For the Satan Python OTK I suppose. :)

It's an interesting list, pity I don't have Queen to try it out. :(

3 hours ago, zzMedVeDzz said:

Why pedant tho? Quenn will the work anyway...

Pendant is discussable. It's meant to ensure that you do 20 damage within a turn instead of 18, which most of the time won't matter, but will help you against control decks.