Sign in to follow this  
Tbear

Elana Deckbuilding Help

11 posts in this topic

So far, this is what I have for Elana. I have no idea how to finish this on a budget. I'd at least like to spend no more than 6-10K vials on this deck. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Screenshot_20171201-153610.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Tbear said:

So far, this is what I have for Elana. I have no idea how to finish this on a budget. I'd at least like to spend no more than 6-10K vials on this deck. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Screenshot_20171201-153610.jpg

You need Aria in Elana lists. When the amulet pops you can buff the Tiger and the Bird, with a great tempo swing. If you play Aria on turn 2 it pops at turn 5, so it's perfect to combo with Tenko.

I also include Themis in my Elana decks.

But I wouldn't spend too many vials on the deck, as it's going to rotate out in one month.

Better summoning @Othello if you want more advice, he's the expert. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tbear said:

So far, this is what I have for Elana. I have no idea how to finish this on a budget. I'd at least like to spend no more than 6-10K vials on this deck. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Screenshot_20171201-153610.jpg

 

23 minutes ago, midgardsormr said:

You need Aria in Elana lists. When the amulet pops you can buff the Tiger and the Bird, with a great tempo swing. If you play Aria on turn 2 it pops at turn 5, so it's perfect to combo with Tenko.

I also include Themis in my Elana decks.

But I wouldn't spend too many vials on the deck, as it's going to rotate out in one month.

Better summoning @Othello if you want more advice, he's the expert. :)

You rang?

on a budget, it might be more difficult, as Middy says, ye need 3xAria (600 vials) throw out the tribunals, and replace pleas with globes, (2400 vials) add in an extra Papa Banish for consistencies sake, and if you’re not planning on using Snow White, due to it being budget, throw the hounds out as well. That’s your base done. So you should be at 28/40. You could do with throwing in 3 monastic holy waters (another 150 vials) for some card draw.

Best to add in 3x scriptures (freeeee!) and 3x themis (2400) and I guess it never hurts to throw in 3 more Unicas (600 vials) Though you can run Pegasus sculpture as well, similar effect, but  it can’t be killed so it’s up to preference, 2 health heal for 2pp, pseudo-ward, vs 4 Elana procs with 1 health heals, but costs 4pp, personally I’d stay with Unica incase of Aggro Blood/sword match ups, but again it’s preference. so that’s 40 cards and a cost of 6,150 vials if you don’t have any, but if you want to push the boat out, and go for the full hog, I’d toss out the two Monks of Purifcation, because running both those and curates is a bit top heavy, so I’d replace em with a Heavenly Aegis (for drawn out value games) and a Taurus, (or two Taurus if you find you don’t run into drawn out games much) since it’s a storm, trades very well, and instant prices Tenko and Elana if it’s still alive.

It should be “ok” I’d imagine, working with a budget n all, (mean mine has 7 legendaries in it, which blows the concept of budget out the water lol) but it should get the job done hopefully, but feel free to throw more questions at us, I’m sure middy can help you out if I’m not around at the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From my experience, Elana lists tend to be really bad without an alternate win condition because the deck is so reliant on drawing Elana's Prayer early. Heavenly Aegis tends to be the favorite for many players, but since you're on a budget it's hard to fit it in without spending too many vials. Seraph I believe used to be really good in Elana decks at one point, but it doesn't have the same power it used to, it still uses up a lot of vials for something that's rotating out next month, and requires extra support from the rest of your deck. Taurus can be good, but has trouble when you don't get the Elana's Prayer early because he's a finisher instead of a hard win condition. Tarnished Grail might be the best win condition Havencraft has when the player in question is on a budget, and from my experience playing other non-Elana decks tends to be pretty effective for closing out games.

Elana decks also tend to run more 2-drops like Unica and Beastcall Aria, while Blackened Scripture is good removal that's in every deck. Most decks also run their choice of Temple Defender or Grimnir in the 3-slot, the former of which is really cheap. Themis's Decree is also really powerful for Elana decks, but is rather expensive (but unfortunately has no alternative).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On a budget:  Taurus is a solid finisher if you don't want aegis as well.  As Aru're pointed out,  Elena decks do need an alternative win con.  White Swan isn't terrible here either actually.  It's not perfect, but the heal 2 at end of turn is very relevant.  She'd basically buff your board at least once.   If you make it to a second turn with her, you do tend to win.

Ancient Lion on a budget is actually a decent board clear against aggro.  He is good in a pinch and one turn earlier than Themis.  Obviously, Themis is better, but against aggro you should make it to five and then be able to deal with their threats.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, jpants said:

On a budget:  Taurus is a solid finisher if you don't want aegis as well.  As Aru're pointed out,  Elena decks do need an alternative win con.  White Swan isn't terrible here either actually.  It's not perfect, but the heal 2 at end of turn is very relevant.  She'd basically buff your board at least once.   If you make it to a second turn with her, you do tend to win.

Ancient Lion on a budget is actually a decent board clear against aggro.  He is good in a pinch and one turn earlier than Themis.  Obviously, Themis is better, but against aggro you should make it to five and then be able to deal with their threats.

 

As much as I love white swan, (best waifu out of WD) unless your opponent is playing a lot of followers, the fact she ends the turn on 3-4 health, really doesn’t do her much credit, I’d rather stick to Taurus, or Moons, but I run Aether so, can’t run Moons for me, otherwise I only end being able to tutor out a single Tenko. Which isn’t fun. xD 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Othello said:

As much as I love white swan, (best waifu out of WD) unless your opponent is playing a lot of followers, the fact she ends the turn on 3-4 health, really doesn’t do her much credit, I’d rather stick to Taurus, or Moons, but I run Aether so, can’t run Moons for me, otherwise I only end being able to tutor out a single Tenko. Which isn’t fun. xD 

Moon actually isn't bad in the 6-slot if you're running Aether. Tenko offers one of the biggest tempo reaches you can get in an Elana deck, especially if you play Beastcall Aria on turn 2 or if your 4-drop sticks, and getting those cards one turn later than you'd otherwise get isn't terrible either. Getting Moon earlier than other finishers is also a really big deal.

I'm playing a Storm Elana Havencraft list that has 2* Moons, 2* Aethers, and 3* Tenkos, and I have yet to have problems with the deck where I needed Tenko over Moon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

as everyone said above, elana is about highrolling. U want aria at 2, elana, and tenko at 5, others are only tech card but essential for making it competitive. Thats why its not good enough to bring to the ladder if ur not complete, but meme worthy

image.png

this is mine https://shadowverse.gamepress.gg/deck/11771/blob-elana-havencraft 

better not crafting any and play with all u have cuz rotation is near

Edited by The End

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The End said:

as everyone said above, elana is about highrolling. U want aria at 2, elana, and tenko at 5, others are only tech card but essential for making it competitive. Thats why its not good enough to bring to the ladder if ur not complete, but meme worthy

image.png

this is mine https://shadowverse.gamepress.gg/deck/11771/blob-elana-havencraft 

better not crafting any and play with all u have cuz rotation is near

Looks good, bit more top heavy, and have tribunals in where I don’t, but I don’t have any lucifers to try, how do you find him to be in the deck? Good? Bad? Or rather hit and miss? I like him, but dunno if he’s just a tad slow. xD 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Othello said:

Looks good, bit more top heavy, and have tribunals in where I don’t, but I don’t have any lucifers to try, how do you find him to be in the deck? Good? Bad? Or rather hit and miss? I like him, but dunno if he’s just a tad slow. xD 

yea luci often being a ded card, but aegis more useless than him. Hes just another backup plan like aegis since hes a pseudo ward with big body, and with only 3 of em as the big guys theres no threat to brick as much as dragon. the moment i successfully drop him, aggro decks just insta concede.

Also about tribunal, i always tought baha trap must fit in all slow haven decks, mb its a bad idea since its aggro meta. Also it decrease the odds of getting aria with globe (lul), but also decrease the odds getting another globe, which is suck.

Edited by The End

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The End said:

yea luci often being a ded card, but aegis more useless than him. Hes just another backup plan like aegis since hes a pseudo ward with big body, and with only 3 of em as the big guys theres no threat to brick as much as dragon. the moment i successfully drop him, aggro decks just insta concede.

Also about tribunal, i always tought baha trap must fit in all slow haven decks, mb its a bad idea since its aggro meta. Also it decrease the odds of getting aria with globe (lul), but also decrease the odds getting another globe, which is suck.

Yeah, I run 1x Aegis 1x Taurus, everything else is under 5, had Aggro swords concede t3 cause of Elana just being on the field, we’re like “nope, fk dis” xD tenko into Aether-tenko basically seals the vast majority of my games tbh outside of, maybe shadow. Cause if they got enough shadows, they can just soulsquash, so, means one less buff on my t5 against em, rest are pretty much sorted out by then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this