Sign in to follow this  
Joe Awsum

Rose Queen Silver Bolt Controlish Deck (Video Included)

7 posts in this topic

I like playing meme decks.  I also made a post about my Dragon Pendant deck in the Dragoncraft section.  The reason I actually managed to win one or twice is probably because I'm ranked B1 XD.

Decklist: https://shadowverse-portal.com/deck/1.1.5zvAY.5zvAY.5zvAY.61jJY.61jJY.61jJY.61k32.61k32.61k32.5zvAi.5zvAi.5zvAi.5zvvQ.5zvvQ.5zvvQ.6H0p2.6H0p2.61llo.61llo.61llo.61qeS.61jZA.61jZA.61jZA.61lmu.61lmu.61lmu.65XTK.65XTK.65enI.61lmk.61lmk.65Zv6.65Zv6.61qec.61qec.61qec.61ox4.61ox4.61ox4

I'm open to suggestions!

Video:

@Joe Awsum, interesting match. It was close, you were just one turn away from getting rammed by a 15/15 storm. :)

That said, I think this deck has 2 main issues.

First, too many fairy generators. You actually burned 2 fairies (and a Rose Queen!) because of this. You should cut some of them. You were also forced to play some fairies just to make room in your hand, a couple of times. I think Pixie Paradise and Water Fairies are superfluous, you could include better defensive/draw effect cards instead of those.

Second, Silver Bolt is anti-synergy with Rose Queen. When you have your Thorn Bursts and you use them, your hand size just shrinks too much and Bolt becomes a super-expensive Thorn Burst itself. You almost lost the game because of that. If you want to maintain the idea of this deck, you should replace Bolts with Jungle Wardens. They fits nicely into your deck's strategy (turn 8 Queen, turn 9 Bursts, turn 10 Wardens) and they can also help you during the midgame if you need some extra defense.

Silver bolts seem unnessecary, what you can do, is replace them with white wolves, use wolf->rush an important target, get 0 cost Rose Queen, able to spam 5/15 damage worth of thorn burst in one turn. I’d probably also cut out the master of canopies for aerins, it’s a bit more controlly, but it gives you additional healing ontop of what fairy beast gives. 

Would probably also get rid of the pixie paradise, you seem very heavily loaded on fairy generators, so I’d toss out the paradise, and waltzing fairies for 3x guidance and 3x Barrage, that way you can continuously generate fairies bouncing Brambles, but if you’re not that interested in doing that, could also use man eating mangrove (think that’s what it’s called), the current meta is very aggressive, which means low health cards, so they won’t risk destroying their things trying to get to face, which, again, helps buy you some time.

That’s my two cents on it anyway, middy would be the one to listen to on all things forest. 

@Othello, you're becoming an expert as well, all your suggestions are perfectly on point, I just highlighted the biggest issues. :)

Welcome aboard, hippie fella! xD

@midgardsormr hey, it’s a control deck, control I can do! xD forest knowledge is kinda meh, but I know how to stall, remove and get better value out of things! Lol. (But thanks, glad to be aboard. xD ) 

On 11/27/2017 at 5:53 PM, midgardsormr said:

@Joe Awsum, interesting match. It was close, you were just one turn away from getting rammed by a 15/15 storm. :)

That said, I think this deck has 2 main issues.

First, too many fairy generators. You actually burned 2 fairies (and a Rose Queen!) because of this. You should cut some of them. You were also forced to play some fairies just to make room in your hand, a couple of times. I think Pixie Paradise and Water Fairies are superfluous, you could include better defensive/draw effect cards instead of those.

Second, Silver Bolt is anti-synergy with Rose Queen. When you have your Thorn Bursts and you use them, your hand size just shrinks too much and Bolt becomes a super-expensive Thorn Burst itself. You almost lost the game because of that. If you want to maintain the idea of this deck, you should replace Bolts with Jungle Wardens. They fits nicely into your deck's strategy (turn 8 Queen, turn 9 Bursts, turn 10 Wardens) and they can also help you during the midgame if you need some extra defense.

Oh wow.  I only just found out about Jungle Warden, and it would really help.  Something I'm really reluctant to do is actually remove pixie paradise.  It is actually my most reliable fairy generator in the deck, and I also use the fairies for early game defense and poke, especially when I get Wood of Brambles in my hand.  The thing is, it doesn't really matter that I burned the fairies or queen because I already had a queen and enough fairies.  I definitely won't be using Silver Bolts anymore though, and I'll probably cut some other bits of fairy generators.  If I find that pixie paradise really stops working, I'll take it out too.

On 11/27/2017 at 6:05 PM, Othello said:

Silver bolts seem unnessecary, what you can do, is replace them with white wolves, use wolf->rush an important target, get 0 cost Rose Queen, able to spam 5/15 damage worth of thorn burst in one turn. I’d probably also cut out the master of canopies for aerins, it’s a bit more controlly, but it gives you additional healing ontop of what fairy beast gives. 

Would probably also get rid of the pixie paradise, you seem very heavily loaded on fairy generators, so I’d toss out the paradise, and waltzing fairies for 3x guidance and 3x Barrage, that way you can continuously generate fairies bouncing Brambles, but if you’re not that interested in doing that, could also use man eating mangrove (think that’s what it’s called), the current meta is very aggressive, which means low health cards, so they won’t risk destroying their things trying to get to face, which, again, helps buy you some time.

That’s my two cents on it anyway, middy would be the one to listen to on all things forest. 

Idk about white wolf.  I feel like it's a really unreliable card, and I'm worried that it'll be a waste of my turn 8.  I'll definitely put Aerin, when I finally pull it from a pack.  The problem is, I never get good legendaries.  I think the 3 rose queens that I've pulled (none were crafted) and the 4th one I pulled yesterday (dusted it) can prove that lol.  The problem with bounce is that it doesn't work too well in my deck.  It works with things like Brambles and May, but I'd rather spend the extra play point putting a fairy down for a bit more board presence/chip damage.  Usually in the beginning I try to kind of out-aggro the enemy; threaten equal face damage and control the board with fairies and removal as much as possible.  As soon as I get some Aerins I'll definitely add them and take out my single Tia and maybe Ancient Elf if I have enough aerins.  I want to keep master of canopies, because they actually synergize really well with all my fairy generation.  I almost always have 9 cards in my hand, and losing a draw rarely affects me much.  Man eating mangrove is actually a really interesting card (I missed out on so much during my months of inactivity :( ), I'll try it out.

Well, looks like I'll be buying lots of Tempest of Gods packs...though I should probably focus on making a deck that I can actually use in the lowly B-ranks other than Banner (XD u guys still remember Banner?)

Thanks for all your help though!

My personal Rose Queen lists run 11 Fairy generators: 3 Water Fairies, 3 Wood of Brambles, 3 Fairy Circles, and 2 Sylvan Justices.

Your list has 25, many of which generate 2 Fairies at a time, not including Pixie Paradise's ability to generate as many as 5-6 fairies per game. I tend to have enough fairy generators for what I want to do with my list, and it feels like you have too many. I also supplement my list with bounce effects like Nature's Guidance, Dungeoncrawl Fairy, and Airbound Barrage, which also allows me to generate extra fairies.

In addition, playing 3 copies each of Rose Queen and Silver Bolt in anything that isn't a budget list tends to not be very good since Rose Queen and Silver Bolt have some anti-synergy with each other; if you play Rose Queen, you want to play all the thorn bursts you have the following turn since its burst outmatches that of Silver Bolt's, but you can't play Silver Bolt afterwards because your hand is empty.

I won't tell you how to build the rest of your deck, but I'll post my Rose Queen deck so you can see how I built mine: https://shadowverse-portal.com/deckbuilder/create/1?hash=1.1.5zvAY.5zvAY.5zvAY.61k2Q.61k2Q.61k32.61k32.61k32.6KolQ.6KolQ.6KolQ.6KtOI.6KtOI.6KtOI.61jJs.61jJs.61jJs.69O26.69O26.69O26.5zvvQ.5zvvQ.6H0p2.6H0p2.6H0p2.6D9l0.6D9l0.6H2m2.6H2m2.6923i.6923i.6Ksv2.6Ksv2.6DEdC.6DEdC.6DEdC.61qec.61qec.69SwI.69SwI