Sign in to follow this  
Kinxil

Let's discuss PDK

9 posts in this topic

So it seems from my attempt to keep PDK alive that she can still pack quite a punch. Obviously she's much weaker than before, but my PDK deck (well promoted by a heavy runecraft ladder which I mow like a lawn), still allowed me to go from A2 to A3 within a couple of hours.

Let's see, PDK now have 3 HP, but well who care. As long as she trigger at least twice, you got covered. She costs 1 more and... aw, as excepted it makes her particularly weaker. That's kinda why I no longer call my PDK deck a PDK deck, but rather a Star Wars tempo deck. She went to a secondary role, but sometimes that secondary role save my day.

My current version of the deck (currently sporting a solid 70+% winrate on the last 30+ games at my moderately serious ladder level) isn't much different from the famous 13 win streak master version we got nightmare from... except a major addition which is the only reason PDK can STILL works and sometimes save your day : Dragonsong Flute.

Dragonsong flute is in a particular spot that profit from PDK nerf rather than being weakened (Matilda, typically), because the flute no longer turn PDK into a Hellflame Dragon, which implies that you can play Flute before PDK and draw it as well.

Here's the deck.

https://shadowverse-portal.com/deck/1.4.6KUzo.6KUzo.62sZ2.62sZ2.62sZ2.62sac.62sac.62sac.6I772.6I772.6LxG2.6LxG2.5_38w.5_38w.5_38w.6AaSQ.6AaSQ.6AaSQ.62sZM.62sZM.62sZM.6EI-M.6EI-M.6EI-M.66oGQ.66oGQ.6M2ao.6M2ao.6EQIo.6EQIo.fxQXo.6AY0A.6AY0A.6AY0A.62zty.62zty.fpoFo.6IERy.62xRi.62xRi#_=_

Is PDK still a good card ? Despite very good results, I'm not quite convinced. First because I'm not in a high level of the ladder, second because there is a particular situation which make her still works. It's mostly due to the meta. In its actual state, Ward are overlooked and very few high health low attack followers are played. What you're mostly facing :

- Aggro. Usually Sybil and Salamander's Breath will do the high kick. Without those let's be honest, PDK would be c**p.

- DShift. Not so much of an issue, most of the time you'll skip PDK unless you're lacking draw options or opponent have some 2/2. Can safely say I've like 80% winrate against Shift.

- Tempo Earth Rune. Pretty much who draw the gun first. This was already the case and PDK nerf didn't change that much.

- Some temptative Miracle (Roach, Beauty&Beast Arriet, well anything with Arriet). Usually it's free win. Forestcraft hates PDK even nerfed due to several low health minions, tempo. But similarly to aggro,  without Salamander and Sybil, we would have nightmares out of the bloodthristed lil' fairies.

- Atomy 13/13 storm. Atome deck is so draw dependant you'll either ruins it badly with the help of Fire lizard and every low cost follower to mow the board as quick as possible, or it will ruin you with the skillful perfect turn 3 Atomy. Usually I ruined then with careful board management but lately, Ceridwen have been added to the party and is an instant win for them. It's still draw dependant, but I lost to it 2 time out of 3 today.

I'm kinda convinced that with the old Echtar/Neutral meta, PDK would be mostly umplayable. But I can't decide if the card is not just meh, and only lifted by the so hated duo every non dragoncraft player want to see nerfed. However, she'll be in Rotation for long and her power CAN depend of the future 3- followers given to dragoncraft.

What do you think ? Did you tried her again and got good/bad results ?

Edited by Kinxil

I think she should go back to 3 cost or have her health raised back up to 5.  She seems pretty weak.  

I cant stand Ceridwen btw.  That has to be the best evolve in the entire game 

Edited by codymc10

2 hours ago, codymc10 said:

I think she should go back to 3 cost or have her health raised back up to 5.  She seems pretty weak.  

I cant stand Ceridwen btw.  That has to be the best evolve in the entire game 

Ceridwen is an evolve that gives 0 stats O.o It's literally only good used with Atomy or very very late game.

As far as PDK goes, I don't really think dragon can have good midrange tools as long as it exists as a ramp class.

11 hours ago, Xulin said:

Ceridwen is an evolve that gives 0 stats O.o It's literally only good used with Atomy or very very late game.

As far as PDK goes, I don't really think dragon can have good midrange tools as long as it exists as a ramp class.

Doesn't really matter.  She still has the best evolve in Atomy.  I don't think anything in the game comes close to putting an 8/8 on the field. 

1 hour ago, codymc10 said:

Doesn't really matter.  She still has the best evolve in Atomy.  I don't think anything in the game comes close to putting an 8/8 on the field. 

Illusionist. And that one costs no evolve.

You can't judge her evolve by the existence of atomy - even in an atomy deck, if she didn't draw atomy or her atomy's were banished/transformed, the best thing she's gonna pull is like a 1/1 explody skeleton dude.

It's garbage, it was overnerfed.  It is the only reason this expansion isn't worthless, or it was the only reason the expansion was worth something.  Vial them and craft something that isn't trash.  

The most success I have had with PDK is still with the aggro variant and in that version she was the least important card in the entire deck. Often to the point where she was a blatant brick actually....

Ramp variants have cut her entirely due to being too low impact to be worth the slot now

Jabber variants are dead

From what I have seen of the flute variants its very bricky at times and burns out easily. 

I am convinced pdk is terrible but I will still play her because I like the deck. :/

He's dead Jim.

For real, 2 nerfs in 1 killed her. Why bother playing her when other mid range decks are better.