Sign in to follow this  
InfiniteOmega

How exactly does Twilight Queen work when Nephthys'd?

15 posts in this topic

So if a Nephthys summons a Twilight Queen along with 3 other followers with Last Words effects, which of those effects occurs twice?  Random?

Order of effect resolution is from left to right. Therefore, the next follower that Neph boards to the direct right of Queen, with Last Words, will receive the buff.

6 minutes ago, InfiniteOmega said:

So if a Nephthys summons a Twilight Queen along with 3 other followers with Last Words effects, which of those effects occurs twice?  Random?

The last word from nepthys effect occur respectively from your left to your right so twilight queen gonna trigger the follower in right side of her when nepthys occur 

8 hours ago, InfiniteOmega said:

So it's totally random as to what will appear in which position?  Followers don't appear in order of cost or anything?

Yup which is part of the reason Twilight is pretty garbage. 

She is a timmy card, amazing potential but will usually whiff by giving you redundant effects or even get in the way of better effects. One time I had her double a lurching corpse on my nep turn which left Khawy with nothing to kill! Another time she was the very last thing to die so I got nothing off her until the following turn. 

On 11/3/2017 at 8:48 PM, Chappie said:

Yup which is part of the reason Twilight is pretty garbage. 

She is a timmy card, amazing potential but will usually whiff by giving you redundant effects or even get in the way of better effects. One time I had her double a lurching corpse on my nep turn which left Khawy with nothing to kill! Another time she was the very last thing to die so I got nothing off her until the following turn. 

Wouldn’t say Twilight is garbage. I am running 2 in my Nephy, and at 4 you stand a good chance of playing at least one before you get to 8. Neph already has a level of gacha anyway, so even if she pull Twilight and triggers something like a double Lurch effect its not horrid. The potential benefits far outweigh the negatives.

How is TQ bad? No matter what you hit, you’re gonna either kill 2-3 things with last word effects, or get a 15/15 board... lol. 

3 hours ago, Morrigan said:

Wouldn’t say Twilight is garbage. I am running 2 in my Nephy, and at 4 you stand a good chance of playing at least one before you get to 8. Neph already has a level of gacha anyway, so even if she pull Twilight and triggers something like a double Lurch effect its not horrid. The potential benefits far outweigh the negatives.

I already said why she is garbage. 

SHe can double the wrong things on a nep turn or double things that are useless (double lurching corpse when there is only 1 target)

She is a timmy card. You dont play her because she is good, you play her for the gacha. 

3 hours ago, Othello said:

How is TQ bad? No matter what you hit, you’re gonna either kill 2-3 things with last word effects, or get a 15/15 board... lol. 

*hits corpse and kills two things*

Oh look my opponents field is clear so I dont get to kill and heal with the Khway this turn putting me at risk of lethal.......

*hits TQ as my last nep roll*

Thanks now I have to wait a turn to do anything with that effect

*plays TQ turn 4*

Nothing quite like a card that gets value MULTIPLE TURNS AFTER IT DIES and until then, is a gigantic do nothing in a meta filled with proactive 4 drops. 

Seriously people, I also play her from time to time but you need to be more critical of a card that is clearly just for fun. Her competitive merits are awful >_>

A 4cost 4/3 with that effect?!? I think you are being over critical...it’s not like TQ is strictly for a Nephy deck.

I mean, in that scenario you aren’t critical of pulling Khawy or Lurch on an empty opponent board lol

Edited by Morrigan

6 minutes ago, Morrigan said:

A 4cost 4/3 with that effect?!? I think you are being over critical...it’s not like TQ is strictly for a Nephy deck.

I mean, in that scenario you aren’t critical of pulling Khawy or Lurch on an empty opponent board lol

Its a 4/3 do nothing till it dies in a game with proactive POWERFUL 4 drops. That is simply not good enough and putting her in anything but Nep highlights her issues even further because nep can at least unleash cheesy combos. 

And in which senario? The one where the opponent has 2 followers so you kill one off of lurch and the other with Khawy? Because twilight doubling lurch stops your healing and if it doubles khawy you need to have rolled khawy before lurch in order to get the value (rng ontop of rng) 

I am not being overly critical. I played the crap out of this card and I know she is awful anywhere outside of nep and in nep she is RNG as hell. She isnt good, she is cheese. 

For somebody that likes to play memes I am shocked that you find calling a timmy card a timmy card "overly critical" 

12 minutes ago, Morrigan said:

What other 4 slot card does Shadow have that isn’t a “Wait” card? Necroassassin? 

hahahahaha what?

catacombs makes your field sticky

Assassin pops things

urd pops things and gives you a copy

Orthrus pumps something and kills another 

Hells unleasher can spit out a lich when it dies 

Playful necromancer gives you ghosties 

Nightmare executioner kills things and draws

And ceres is just the best thing ever

Now while some of these require some field set up or to die (so they wait too) the difference is that their pay offs are more stable and you dont wait AS LONG for them.  

Again, I have no idea why its such a big deal to point to a timmy card and say "that is a timmy card". When were memes offensive? 

Running two in my neph deck.  I've been double mordecai regularly.  Not a garbage card at all.  I don't call it a necessity, but it's a really neat card.  Plays very well Kwahy