Sign in to follow this  
midgardsormr

Forum issues

41 posts in this topic

Dropped by just to say that I'm facing issues with the mobile version of the forum.

In particular:

- no like/report buttons are available;

- the navigation breadcrumb doesn't display the name of the forum you're in;

- posts layout is messed up (nicknames and info about users overlap, etc).

@Mouse?

1 hour ago, Othello said:

Yeah, it’s the same here middy, on a tablet here incase @Mouse needs to know if it’s one device or another. 

Also, it seems like notifications don't work properly when you mention a user with @.

Othello, could you please try and mention me with the @ character?

Just now, midgardsormr said:

Also, it seems like notifications don't work properly when you mention a user with @.

Othello, could you please try and mention me with the @ character?

It seems to work, it comes up like normal when you type in @ name but it’s not highlighting to indicate it’s working, so who the hell knows, xD 

8 minutes ago, Othello said:

It seems to work, it comes up like normal when you type in @ name but it’s not highlighting to indicate it’s working, so who the hell knows, xD 

Uhm OK. It's weird though, because I don't receive automatic notification when someone quotes me neither. I mean, I receive the notification if I refresh the page, but with the previous version I got them even without refreshing...

11 minutes ago, midgardsormr said:

Uhm OK. It's weird though, because I don't receive automatic notification when someone quotes me neither. I mean, I receive the notification if I refresh the page, but with the previous version I got them even without refreshing...

Odd, I seem to be getting notifications just fine. o: buggy mess is buggy. 

I'm on Chrome browser; the notifications work but the display, buttons and @ tags aren't displaying correctly either.

Seems like they are updating the forum service. Some users default icons are switched over to a new icon with the first letter of their user name in place of the John Doe head.

Still not displaying correctly on PC. Looks like the old forum exactly, except the boxes/text look like they haven't been formatted.

Hey everyone!
We are aware of the issue and are working on this!  Our apologies for any inconvenience this causes.
Please bear with us.

16 hours ago, Mouse said:

Hey everyone!
We are aware of the issue and are working on this!  Our apologies for any inconvenience this causes.
Please bear with us.

Thanks for your reply. :)

On 11/2/2017 at 2:11 PM, Mouse said:

Hey everyone!
Please bear with us.

Its been over three weeks since you've said this. Not to be rude, but I do miss being able to "like" other posts. The weird font/interface also bugs me, but to a lesser degree. Hope its going to be fixed soon. :D 

@BlackRazor / @midgardsormr

Apologies, guys!
We've run into a few minor delays in regard to the board's back end systems, which caused the initial break in the forum's coding structure.  I assure you that this is still our focus and we are working as fast as we can to resolve the issue.  Until then, we ask for your patience a bit longer.  We'll return your like button (and some other cool features) as soon as possible!

@Mouse, any news regarding the broken forum?

I recently noticed a new issue: the bar including the Quote and Edit buttons at the bottom of each post sometimes crosses the avatar image on the left, like this:

5a393a241c7a9_ScreenShot2017-12-19at16_10_44.thumb.png.60f6ec34a201d74e7863dbf414267d22.png

It doesn't happen all the time, it seems related to the length of the post (i.e. if the post is long the bar stays below the avatar).

EDIT: I'm using Chrome on Mac Os, version 63.0.3239.84.

Edited by midgardsormr

@midgardsormr
We're still working on it.  My sincerest apologies for it taking as long as it has; it was unexpected and we are waiting for responses from the support team.  Believe me, we are as frustrated by the delays as everyone else is.

This could be a result of the non-updated coding that we're trying to resolve.  Thank you for keeping me on the up and up about this!  If you see other issues, please ping me in this thread.  I'm doing my best to collect as much as I can on the problem.

7 hours ago, midgardsormr said:

Same issue I highlighted in my previous post. Are you using Chrome?

Yep. Doesn't happen when i use chrome on my phone tho

5 minutes ago, Alexx55 said:

Welp, got this on my phone today.

Screenshot_20180111-200732.png

Duh, don’t insult the pig.