Dergonu

Calling all Forest gurus; need help deckbuilding

27 posts in this topic

Hello hello. I am in some dire need of help building my forest decks. :P

Forest is the only class I honestly just can't build decks for myself, as I play it so rarely. The other classes I can make decks for in my sleep, but whenever I try something for forest, the decks just ends up awkwardly balanced.

I finally crafted some forest cards with my extra vials this expo, and want to give the class a spin, but... it isn't going very well, lol.

I'm trying to make a wolf - Elephant deck, but I always find myself with only like 2-3 cards left in my hand on turn 4-5, making the deck rather useless. And the times I do have enough cards, I find myself out-tempoed by literally anything. I also had to add in 2x Mystic rings, as I kept on drawing both my Elephants before my wolves, making the combo dead.

Anyways, here is what I have at the moment. Any kind feedback would be appriciated.

I'm also trying to make a Beauty and The Beast deck, which I haven't had the chance to test much yet. Would appriciate some feedback on what I have right now:

The deck.

Lastly, I was wondering if tempo forest is at all viable this expo? I remember playing my friend's tempo forest deck back in like, RoB, but that list is obviously very outdated. Is there a new, more current tempo forest list? Or is the archtype dead this expo?

(Get in here, @midgardsormr, help a forest scrub out! :P )

I can't help out too much with building Forestcraft decks because it's my worst class by far, but I can have you take a look at the Rose Queen deck I made this expansion, which I've been doing really well with.

I can also attract @midgardsormr into this thread since he's the Forestcraft expert around here.

1 person likes this

7 minutes ago, Aru're said:

I can't help out too much with building Forestcraft decks because it's my worst class by far, but I can have you take a look at the Rose Queen deck I made this expansion, which I've been doing really well with.

I can also attract @midgardsormr into this thread since he's the Forestcraft expert around here.

I'll check it out, though I only have 1 Rose Queen at the moment, so I might not be able to craft it right now.

I already pinged him, but let's all ping him together! :P

I've been personally playing this one on ladder, Control Forest.

I prefer the 1-1 package of 1 Silver Bolt, 1 Elephant since it allows you to pull the 20 HP combo on Turn 9 with an evolve saved up. Other modifications include the swap of x 2 EPM for x 1 Will, x 1 Fairy Whisperer apiece ... I only had her in there to encourage a faster Roach OTK if necessary.

I don't run Mystic Ring, because the deck is configured in such a way that White Wolf will pull Elf Queen for you if you hold both Elephants ... which means you can hit face for 10, and then heal up to 20 if you have sufficient shadows in the same turn. Then it becomes a question of whether they'll heal before the #2 Elephant next turn.

It's been tech'd for Sword, because I used to only run x 1 Elf Queen, and more of a late curve.

It's not super effective if they start with a God curve as Sword, but your God curve actually answers theirs rather well.

59dd706d165e7_deckForestcraft(5).thumb.png.48209a148d2124f20cb89dfff90c9a1d.png

Edited by Unryuu
1 person likes this

17 minutes ago, Unryuu said:

I've been personally playing this one on ladder, Control Forest.

I prefer the 1-1 package of 1 Silver Bolt, 1 Elephant since it allows you to pull the 20 HP combo on Turn 9 with an evolve saved up. Other modifications include the swap of x 2 EPM for x 1 Will, x 1 Fairy Whisperer apiece ... I only had her in there to encourage a faster Roach OTK if necessary.

I don't run Mystic Ring, because the deck is configured in such a way that White Wolf will pull Elf Queen for you if you hold both Elephants ... which means you can hit face for 10, and then heal up to 20 if you have sufficient shadows in the same turn. Then it becomes a question of whether they'll heal before the #2 Elephant next turn.

It's been tech'd for Sword, because I used to only run x 1 Elf Queen, and more of a late curve.

It's not super effective if they start with a God curve as Sword, but your God curve actually answers theirs rather well.

59dd706d165e7_deckForestcraft(5).thumb.png.48209a148d2124f20cb89dfff90c9a1d.png

That looks pretty fun.

Only have 1 Cassiopeia, but I was thinking of crafting a second one just for dem legs anyways. (/ω\)

Edited by Dergonu

46 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

That looks pretty fun.

Only have 1 Cassiopeia, but I was thinking of crafting a second one just for dem legs anyways. (/ω\)

Just run x 3 Will instead of x 2. Also I should warn you that Wolf-Elephant decks aren't very in-meta right, now because quite frankly Aggro Sword kills anything that isn't Vengeance Blood on the God draw, which is somehow 50% of the time due to cards like Round Table. I'm sure you knew that already, though. I play this deck because the Forest v. Haven or Forest v. Shadow matchup is super fun.

4 minutes ago, Unryuu said:

Just run x 3 Will instead of x 2.

And give up on the legs?! NONSENSE!

8 minutes ago, Unryuu said:

Also I should warn you that Wolf-Elephant decks aren't very in-meta right, now because quite frankly Aggro Sword kills anything that isn't Vengeance Blood on the God draw, which is somehow 50% of the time due to cards like Round Table. I'm sure you knew that already, though. I play this deck because the Forest v. Haven or Forest v. Shadow matchup is super fun.

Yeah, I know, but I like running non-meta stuff tbh. :P

(Well, my dragon deck is PDK... It's just too much fun to play. But excluding dragon, it's all non-meta stuff! :P )

I'll just use the deck for dailies, as I'm tired of my old roach deck for completing forest dailies by now.

For my main laddering, I probably won't stray away from my bishop decks anytime soon.

Did someone summon me, @Dergonu:P

I'll start with the BnB deck, as it's the easiest one to tweak. The list is OK, only a couple of choices struck me as odd.

1) Goblin. You don't want Goblin in an Alice-less BnB list. It only depletes your hand without really putting enough pressure, also because your 3pp drops are mostly understatted.

2) Looking Glass. True, you need to be sure that your BnB triggers the immunity effect, but you already have 23 Neutrals in the deck. In my experience, as long as you have at least 21 Neutrals and some hand-refilling followers like Gobu Mage and Khaiza, it shouldn't be hard to trigger all your "3-Neutrals-in-hand". And while ItLG doesn't deplete your hand, it can be a big tempo loss early in the game, unless you combo it with ETA.

3) Airbound Barrage. Good as it is, it's a bit weird in a deck that has no good bounce target. You can play it on t2 only if you played Goblin on t1. And the only decent bounce targets cost 3pp or more (Goblin Mage, Hector), but they cost too much: you usually don't want to "undo" a 3pp+ tempo play just to cast a 3 damage spell. T5 Hector into t6 Barrage + Hector again is a good defensive play in a pinch... but you don't want to be in a situation like that in the first place. And also, if you think about it, it's just like a 6pp ETA that deals 3 damage to 2 targets. Not really a good play.

In my opinion, you should drop Goblins and Looking Glass, and also at least 2 Barrages (I'd remove all 3 of them).

I'd include 3 Staircase to Paradise, 2-3 Teena, +1 Justice and maybe +1 Hector and/or 1-2 Feenas.

Staircase is nuts in BnB. First of all it's neutral, and if you play it on turn 1 or 3 there's a high chance to pop it right before you drop BnB, granting you immunity and buff 99% of the times, even if you play more than 1 card per turn.

Teena is needed to swing tempo when you go second. BnB shines when you have full board control, that's why Teena into Hector into BnB is usually GG most of the times against every deck if going second.

Feena is good for card advantage and board presence for the same reason. But she's not mandatory.

Also, if you include Staircase you might want to drop 1 copy of Singer. Singer is great as hand filler, but she's too much of a tempo loss most of the times on curve. Replacing 1 of her with +1 Grimnir to help against aggro, for example, could be an idea.

I'll come back and comment your Wolf Elephant deck later, I have no time right now, sorry. :( And maybe @Unryuu could be interested as well, as I finally had time to test his deck too. ;)

Edited by midgardsormr
2 people like this

13 minutes ago, midgardsormr said:

I'll come back and comment your Wolf Elephant deck later, I have no time right now, sorry. :( And maybe @Unryuu could be interested as well, as I finally had time to test his deck too. ;)

Thanks for the feedback! :)

I look forward to hearing your input on the Dumbo deck later. (/・ω・)/

Edited by Dergonu

This is my own Personal Elephant deck:
uLo3hSX.png
I will say i have the the issue that i have pulled both elephants every darn Game.... just me thats unlucky mang but i do still have positive winrate with this~~

@Dergonu, so I'm back on topic here. :)

What I noticed in your Elephant deck is that it's "tempo oriented": in the first few turns you play like a normal tempo Forest deck, spam fairies and try to be aggressive or to trade defensively, depending on the deck you're facing. But there's one thing: you are NOT tempo. You are combo. Why should you play like you were tempo, and be on the aggression? It's OK to be aggressive to deal some chip damage, but that's it. After that, you need to save cards in your hand, be defensive, and it's usually better if you are saving useful cards instead of useless fairies.

So let's have a look at your list taking this into account.

Fairy generators... they might be OK for your early game, but you might want to cut/replace some. E.g. Fairy Whisperer has really a meaning only if you want early board presence, in all the other cases Brambles is better, because of its defensive nature. Also, 3 EPM could be fine, but 2 might be enough. Yours is not a pure Roach OTK, Roach is only an alternate wincon or a removal tool. Then we have Liza: this is usually a no-no in a Wolf list: you want many cards in hand, Liza protects many followers in play. If you have a lot of followers in play, you usually have few cards in hand, and vice versa. So, when Liza is good at protecting, you're in a bad spot with your Wolf combo. If you have a good hand for the combo, Liza is nearly useless. So, she is anti-synergy here. Ancient Elf is... weird. As good as she is, she is not mandatory anymore. But if you want to run 2-3, especially as an early defense against aggro, they could be fine. It depends on the meta you're facing: the more the aggro, the better she is.

Let's move onto card advantage: if you run Wolf + Elephant/Bolt, you need hand fillers.

Goblin Mage is a good choice here. All the fairy generators are OK, but some are better than others in a Wolf deck: as I said, Brambles for defense; and then Fairy Circle for its versatility: it can be used as curve filler, as a piece of a Roach combo that doesn't take a board space, and as a hand increaser. You might want 3 of them. Feena could also be useful, as 2-ofs if you want more consistency in your "alternate Roach" wincon, maybe replacing 1 Gobu Mage. Venus is another decent tool to cycle your fairies, and unlike Feena she doesn't even require an evo (2 could be enough), but she will hinder a bit your Roach turns, so you need to think about that. Also, Harvest Festival is NOT a card drawing engine, it's only a useful cycle, but it actually depletes your hand (you draw a card at the start of your turn, play that card, then play 2 fairies and at the end of turn draw a card: net result = -1 card in hand). But it's useful if you want to include lot of fairy generators. Glimmering Wings works more or less the same, with the downside of being effective only for 1 turn. You can drop it. A good inclusion could be Spring Green Protection, especially if you also add Nature's Guidance: early game board buff and hand filler/card draw.

Then survivability: you need to survive until you can pull off your combo.

Lilac is an extremely good early game option, I'd consider the inclusion if you have a couple. Aerin is important as well. Cassiopeia also works well as a 2x. Of course if you increase your survival options you need to reduce your early game aggression/tempo options. This is up to you. I usually prefer late game defensive plays because you really need to cash just a couple of chip damage in order for your combo to be effective, but it's a matter of style. Tempo play requires a bit more planning (because you need to understand when to stop spamming fairies), but it also tends to be more effective if you're skilled enough.

And in the end, your finisher.

First of all: Mystic Ring = no. It's only really useful when you draw 2 Elephants, and despite this being a case you find quite common, it's not worth the inclusion. It decreases your hand size (Ring + banished card for a new card = -1). And it's a dead draw in a lot of cases: true, you can cycle a card if you're in trouble, but throwing away the hand size you're also giving away your wincon.

You have to decide the size of your "Wolf package". If you are 100% Wolf-combo-oriented, you want to include 3x Wolves and 3x Elephant. If Wolf acts as an alternate wincon 2x/2x could be enough. I usually opt for 2x Wolves and 3x Elephants/Bolts (you always want one in hand at full cost, and only one discounted, by turn 9). In your case 2x/2x might not be enough, unless you're really playing as "Roach OTK with an alternate wincon". 2x/2x only works well in that case: you pull off your Roach combo on turn 7-8, even if you don't manage to kill your opponent completely, and then finish him off with Wolf+Bolt, or Bolt alone. And here's the second issue: you can play this way if you have Bolts, but if you're playing with Elephants it's more difficult, as a non-discounted Dumbo can only go off on turn 10, instead of turn 9. For all these reasons, I think you should increase at least the number of Elephants, or to include a single Bolt, so that you have 2 discounters and 3 finishers. 3x/3x could also be good, but expect more bricking.

@Unryuu, the same goes for your list, in my opinion. The issue is that a single discounted Elephant could be enough for a kill (e.g. you can play a Roach combo + 0pp Elephant on turn 9), but it might happen that you draw both of them. And even if drawing a 0pp Elf Queen is good, it's not optimal if the alternative was winning the game on the spot. Especially, the build with 1 Bolt and 1 Elephant is not good enough, because you might have the Elephant in hand and draw a discounted Bolt, so you need to wait for turn 10 anyway, with the difference that a 0pp Elephant enables an incredible Roach combo on t9, while Bolt alone cannot as it doesn't bounce.

Well, that's it.

I didn't go into the details of your choices: Wolf decks tend to have a lot of possible (and working) different lists, so you only need to find out the one you like the most and fits your playstyle. In my opinion, you should first go for a more defensive and less tempo-oriented one, as it's easier to pilot, even if it might not be as effective, and go back to a tempo build only once you have a better grasp on how the deck works.

I hope I've been of any help. :)

1 person likes this

So @midgardsormr @Dergonu, this is the new Control Forest list I've been theoretically working towards.

I play it with some small modifications - specifically, x 1 Will for x 1 Cassiopeia, x 1 Silver Bolt for x 1 King Elephant, and x 1 Staircase to Paradise for x 1 Ancient Elf over what I've posted here. The first proxy is mainly because I often want Will over Cassiopeia to answer Sword's Ephemera ASAP now, the second is out of preference, and the third one is because I don't have sufficient vials :P.

In answer to midgard's theory -

I'm obviously in agreement on the analysis about Goblin Mage. I differentiate between two types of hand filler - fodder, and utility - in the deck; the first is what you want for a max effect Will, and the second is specifically removal/ward cards that are good past Turn 6, like Elf Queen, Aerin, Cassiopeia or White Wolf. I use x 3 Guidance, x 3 Airbound in combination with Fairy producers like Whisperer or Brambles, specifically because I like to dictate my own rate of hand fill based on whether it's an aggro/tempo or control deck I'm facing ... I don't want a full hand of Fairies that I can't burn, instead of a quality hand of utility. Thus I'd never run Goblin Mage, because she only draws you cards like May or Roach or Whisperer that never come in useful past Turn 6. I don't run EPM or Fairy Princess for the same reason, because I want quality hands over sizable ones. Instead, notice how this list only has 25 followers ... which means that a curve Staircase will pull you into over 70% of the followers in the deck by Turn 8, if you're fortunate. If you're only searching for one follower in particular - x 1 White Wolf - then you are definitely prepared for the Haven or Shadow match.

Second, I wanted to make a quick note on Venus. I think she's better than described here, because Harvest Festival doesn't always reduce your hand size - you often play Fairy - Guidance - Tia on Turn 7, for example, and draw a card despite having played 1 total. It cycles your hand quality too - it enables you to trade in Fairies at a fixed rate per turn, in exchange for additional draw from your deck of removal-utility. She's also a rare constructive play you can put down on the board at zero opportunity cost, unlike Aerin or Cassiopeia or Elf Queen, which have to be timed for maximal effect.

Third, to each his own opinions - but I don't use Lilac, or Dance of Death. I assume that my list will finish by Turn 9 or 10, which is faster than most finishers will matter (more talk on that below), because it's a dedicated Wolf list. Dance is a brick, and you don't need the poke to OTK with Elephant or Bolt. Forest lists typically run Dance for hard removal on wards, but when your entire kill combination is a direct-face attack, I don't mind that Khawy or Aurelia. As for Lilac, I don't like her because she's a difficult play vs. aggro/tempo, where you have to squeeze every last May or Fairy out of your early turns to survive. In a control match, you will have access to other options like Aerin or Will that can take out a threat equally well with an evolve, or removal by the point that they start to matter at all.

Fourth, on the Wolf package + Mystic Ring. First of all, I'd categorize my list as a definite 100% Wolf-Elephant finisher deck, based on how I don't run tutors like Feena or enablers like EPM. I don't believe in a 3-3 Wolf package, because I think the downside of a 3-3 brick, or the cards you'll have to leave out to make room - like Elf Queen or Aerin - aren't worth it. Consider that my objective in the entire match is simply to draw at least one Wolf, regardless of whether Elephant or Bolt are in hand. That's not very difficult, since I already mentioned that between Staircase, and draw, you have a probability of a Wolf pull that is already very high with x 2 copies.

If I have both Wolf + one finisher, I OTK as planned.

If I have Wolf + no finisher, I automatically pull Elephant, and can hopefully combo it with Roach for the kill.

If I have Wolf + both finishers, I can play the Wolf for Elf Queen, and drop her the same turn as I fire the Silver Bolt. Unless their board is capable of 20 to face, combined with their hand, there is no chance you will not survive until the Elephant next turn.

So I don't need the Wolf-Elephant pair in hand to kill, I just need the Wolf. The new inclusion of x 2 Jungle Warden also makes the no-Wolf case easier, since I can deal 8 in poke to face whilst dropping wards that should keep me alive until the Bolt/Elephant from hand the next turn. Obviously if I draw neither the Wolves nor Bolt/Elephant in the entire match, I have a problem ... but 4 out of 40 is already a fair chance, so I don't see the need for 3-3. It's also why I disapprove of Mystic Ring - because I can pull out an OTK despite any type of draw in hand.

Also @midgard will have to explain to me why Bolt-Elephant isn't just better than x 2 Elephant. I see it as a direct upgrade - there's a 50% chance you'll pull the OTK earlier on Turn 9, instead of a 100% chance you'll do it on Turn 10. There's zero chance of the Bolt affecting your Elephant pull, since it's cheaper than Elephant. And the only case where a reduced Bolt - which isn't as good as a reduced Elephant, that can be combo'd with Roach - would hurt you is if you already had Elephant in hand for Wolf to pull the Bolt, so don't you just OTK?

Most of this is also why I don't play tempo Forest cards in the deck, because I'm dedicated to an OTK I will pull off almost all the time.

59deb7ff8b099_deckForestcraft(9).thumb.png.5db949249c2d06dca3539aef6a1039db.png

Edited by Unryuu

19 hours ago, midgardsormr said:

- Snip -

Thanks! Feel like I got more of an idea of what to go for now. :) Phew, this makes me realize how little I actually know about the Forest cards, and forest as a whole. It's good we have people who know so much about it around here. :P

Out of curiosity, could you post your list for me to look at?

@Unryuu, our Wolf lists are different, so our conclusions could be really different as well. As I said, Wolf lists tend to be quite flexible and work nonetheless. It's just like Control Blood, or Aegis, or Nep: you won't find a build that's "better" than others, you will have builds that have pros and cons, and you just need to pick one according to your preferences and the meta.

My Wolf builds tend to include the full Roach package (Gobu+EPM+Feena), even if I usually include less copies than in a regular Roach OTK. This is because I want to have the option to close games on turn 7, a thing that your list can't really do at the moment (unless your opponent bricks or leaves your fairies alone in the first 4-5 turns). That's why in my lists you usually won't see Whisperers or May, but Brambles and Circles instead.

Of course I have to give up something for that privilege, and it's usually the early game. My Wolf decks tend to be reactive most of the times, while your list can afford to be aggressive in the first few turns, if you want to, also thanks to Staircase that replenish your hand later.

On Venus - sure, there are cases when you don't reduce your hand size. But this is not thanks to Festival, it is thanks to the other cards you are using. In your example, it's Guidance. When you bounce stuff, it's not Festival or Glimmering Wings which give you card advantage, it's the bounce effect. If you can't bounce (or draw other cards in the process), you lose hand size. In the end it's the just like playing 2 followers: if you play 2x 2pp followers, your hand size is reduced by 2, if you play Fairy + Ancient Elf it's only reduced by 1 (due to the bounce), and if you play Fairy + Gobu Mage by 1 again (thanks to the draw). No Festival/Glimmering involved, but you still saved 1 card.

On DoD, I agree, especially with your list (sometimes I use it because it's useful for Roach bursts on turn 7-8, but it doesn't really fit into Wolf decks). On Lilac... not so much. But again, it's a matter of builds: yours is tempo oriented, mine are usually not. Lilac proved to be incredibly useful against Atomy and other early game tempo monsters (Aria, etc) and since opponents don't like to trade into her, it's usually a sword of Damocles hanging over their head, that can live even 3-4 turns and continuously ping damage for my Roach combos (yet again).

As for having both Elephants in hand and pulling Queen with Wolf... yes, 80% of the times it makes no real difference. The only difference is against combo decks. Seraph going second? You dead. DShift? Dead. Roach OTK? Dead. And all those losses could have been wins if you managed to pull your finishers instead of Queen. That's why I prefer a 2x Wolf 3x finishers build, usually. It's not so brick prone as a 3x/3x build but adds a lot of consistency to your combo. Of course, mostly depends on how frequently you are facing combo decks. I face them quite often, especially DShift and Roach. And this is also why I include the Roach package, so that I can outcombo them on turn 7.

As for my preference of 2x Elephants over 1x Elephant + 1x Bolt, it's just something you mentioned: if you already have Elephant in hand it's harder to combo properly a 0pp Bolt with Roach. If you want a combo on turn 9, then why using with Elephants when you can do the same with Bolts? If you played Wolf previous turn you are not likely to have followers on the board at the beginning of turn 9, so Elephant or Bolt makes no real difference, it will be 9 damage face anyway. The only difference could be granted by the fact that you have a spare evo point: in that case Elephant is better because you don't need chip damage, but it's also true that if you play Wolf on t8 you can't recover an evo with Aerin, so you actually need to save a "real" evo point. Easy task against control, a lot less against midrangey decks like PDK or Storm Haven (against aggro you don't really mind). In the end is just a matter of probability: how likely is to already have Elephant in hand on turn 8? An early game Staircase increases this chance by a lot, so you will probably hinder your possible t9 Elephant + Roach combos more than you can benefit from a t9 Bolt + Elephant. This was my reasoning (and what I noticed playing that variant).

@Dergonu, glad of having been of help. :)

I'll post the list in a while, I have no access to SV at the moment. :P

2 people like this

2 minutes ago, midgardsormr said:

- snip -

Can't say thanks enough for that writeup. :)

@Dergonu, here's my deck.

Notice that:

1) it's still WIP, I'm not 100% satisfied with the results yet. While it was kinda easy for me to find a great Roach OTK list in SFL, I'm not that confident on this one. Cards that more frequently go in and out from that list are AE, Mischief, Elf Queen, and copies of other cards like Spring Green Protection, Feena, Lilac, WotF and Cassy.

2) yes, I'm still using Bolts over Elephants. Elephants are more useful if you configure your deck in a more "control oriented" fashion. My deck is pure combo, if you can't pull off at least ONE of your combos by turn 10, you're dead. @Unryuu's list, on the other side, is steadier and safer, but it's also slower. As usual, there are pros and cons (and playstyle matters :) ). I could change my opinion on Dumbos though, I haven't played with them long enough to understand all the nuances.

2 people like this

So much good reads 😊 I'll go through them all and then maybe add my 2cents

7 hours ago, midgardsormr said:

@Unryuu's list, on the other side, is steadier and safer, but it's also slower. As usual, there are pros and cons (and playstyle matters :) ).

Guilty as charged. xD I used to play Elana Haven, so tempo control + infinite topdecks until the last card in your deck are still a feature of the builds I run ... technical answers for a lot of cards, and no strict window to play your combo until you're ready.

I played a super fun PM with @chozagrib that I'm wondering whether I'm allowed to post the replay of, where topdecks for days in a Forest deck kept me alive.

The idea behind the evolve anyway is that you don't need the point to win vs. aggro, since it's easy to either take board + poke until they're at 11, or simply win when they run out of steam and you still have Aerin + Warden in hand. For matchups like Seraph or Dimension Shift, you'll always have the evolve to play with since they're low pressure. For tempo matchups like Storm Haven, you'll be out of evolves, but can probably afford to play White Wolf on Turn 8 into Aerin on Turn 9 for the recovery, since there isn't a strict window for the OTK anyway.

Edited by Unryuu

2 minutes ago, Unryuu said:

The idea behind the evolve anyway is that you don't need the point to win vs. aggro, since it's easy to either take board + poke until they're at 11, or simply win when they run out of steam and you still have Aerin + Warden in hand. For matchups like Seraph or Dimension Shift, you'll always have the evolve to play with since they're low pressure. For tempo matchups like Storm Haven, you'll be out of evolves, but can probably afford to play White Wolf on Turn 8 into Aerin on Turn 9 for the recovery, since there isn't a strict window for the OTK anyway.

Sure. When I played your deck, I was under the impression of running a "true" Control deck, even if you included Wolf and Roaches. You take less risks, and of course you don't mind closing the game on turn 9 or on turn 11. With my list instead, if you reach turn 11 you're probably dead. xD

On 10/12/2017 at 0:16 PM, midgardsormr said:

Sure. When I played your deck, I was under the impression of running a "true" Control deck, even if you included Wolf and Roaches. You take less risks, and of course you don't mind closing the game on turn 9 or on turn 11. With my list instead, if you reach turn 11 you're probably dead. xD

You're too kind midgard xD. The truth is that I'm actually terrible at managing risks + decisions to make them pay off in a true combo deck, like you. :P

The dream isn't over until the last point of HP ~ and the last top-deck in Control Forest ~

LTt4ei6.png

Elf-Queen-sama, onegaii ~ mou ichido!, on Turn ~18

V1amAQv.png

Edited by Unryuu

On 10/10/2017 at 5:35 PM, Dergonu said:

I'm also trying to make a Beauty and The Beast deck, which I haven't had the chance to test much yet. Would appriciate some feedback on what I have right now:

The deck.

I also was making a B&B deck in another thread.

Based on my experiments, Looking Glass is not really a good card - particularly since you have such a high volume of neutrals anyway. I would replace those with Unica's.

Double Elf Queen really kicked me off. :D

I was pretty slow in that game and burned my Jor. Also drew almost all of his activators in the early game which is pretty bad... i.e. unlucky draws.

Against meta-decks @Unryuu's list seems way too greedy though.

32 minutes ago, chozagrib said:

Double Elf Queen really kicked me off. :D

I was pretty slow in that game and burned my Jor. Also drew almost all of his activators in the early game which is pretty bad... i.e. unlucky draws.

Against meta-decks @Unryuu's list seems way too greedy though.

These days any list that runs 10pp cards and it's not Dragon seems too greedy. 9_9

2 hours ago, midgardsormr said:

These days any list that runs 10pp cards and it's not Dragon seems too greedy. 9_9

What is this "10pp" card that you speak of?

I was under the impression that no such thing existed!

2 hours ago, Dergonu said:

What is this "10pp" card that you speak of?

I was under the impression that no such thing existed!

The trick is that it’s always 0 PP every time we see it ;).

1 person likes this