Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
midgardsormr

Alice and Neutrals in SFL

20 posts in this topic

Have any of you seen or used Alice and Neutralcraft in SFL?

I have seen something like... 3 neutral decks since the release, and all of them in the very first few days.

Not that I miss them 9_9 but I was wondering if it's safe to vial my 3 copies of Alice now that I get full vials refund.

I am actually using them only in Lion Haven (and I'm going to vial Lion as well), Neutral Sword and a very old Phantom Cat deck.

I am only concerned about Blood. I still have no functional deck to complete my dailies for it if we exclude a very meh Control Blood variant, but for sure if I cash 21k vials from Alice and Lion I could use some of them to craft useful cards to fill the gap.

What do you think about it? I usually don't liquefy legendaries, but I don't like Alice (I crafted them only for dailies) and I don't like Lions (as I explained in a Haven topic).

I’ve yet to see any neutrals outside the usual Unica, Healing Angel stuff being played, that’s pretty much about it, so I think it’s safe to say you can vial Alice, she’s considerably worse if you’re behind on board regardless now after all. 

4 minutes ago, Othello said:

I’ve yet to see any neutrals outside the usual Unica, Healing Angel stuff being played, that’s pretty much about it, so I think it’s safe to say you can vial Alice, she’s considerably worse if you’re behind on board regardless now after all. 

Yea that was my idea as well. By the way, I know you're not a Blood main, but... have you tried using Jormungand? I got 2 from packs, but I haven't been able to find a decent deck for them. Seems like it doesn't belong to any existing archetype, and its effect, although powerful, seems not good enough to justify a deck built around it. :|

Since Blood is the only class I need to "fix" for my dailies, I need to start thinking about that. :P

17 minutes ago, midgardsormr said:

Yea that was my idea as well. By the way, I know you're not a Blood main, but... have you tried using Jormungand? I got 2 from packs, but I haven't been able to find a decent deck for them. Seems like it doesn't belong to any existing archetype, and its effect, although powerful, seems not good enough to justify a deck built around it. :|

Since Blood is the only class I need to "fix" for my dailies, I need to start thinking about that. :P

Well, I only have control blood at the moment, but if you wanting to see what it can do this was posted before on Reddit. And I gotta say it’s impressive 

@Othello, thanks for the link. Interesting lethal indeed, but it required more cards than a Roach OTK lol. xD

Also, this is the reason why I don't like Jormungand in Blood: if you draw it without Zodiac Demon it's not that useful, and if you draw Zodiac Demons without Jorm, it's not any better (and that game proofs it). They only synergyze well with each other. You feel bad if you play Jorm and see it banished/transformed, or are forced to play Zodiac and sacrifice a Belph (or anything else, for that matters).

That's why I'm still looking for a place for it. I could try and make the old Aggro Blood work... but I'm kinda tired of playing Aggro Blood. xD

If only I had my beloved Azazel+Laura deck... :/

The only stuff I have been playing Neutrals with is a In Progress Hybrid Shadow Aggro deck, but it doesn't use Alice, just the super early stuff like Gobs and Merman coupled with Ephy, Looking Glass (for using Caterpillar)

Jorg is pretty reliant on Zodiac to really kick off, and most any Blood deck running that has those two as the back end of the curve. I am running an aggressive Storm V Blood deck, that runs Bel as the only Legendary in it, but it isn't holding up as well as it has in the past. Not terribly so but not as good. If you want i can drop the deck list for you to tinker with.

Thanks @Morrigan. :)

I think I don't need the list, I have seen many Vengeance decks to already have a grasp on how they works. I need Belph, as I have none. xD But that's another story. :D

If I vial both Alice and Lion, she's on top of the shopping list.

1 hour ago, midgardsormr said:

@Othello, thanks for the link. Interesting lethal indeed, but it required more cards than a Roach OTK lol. xD

Also, this is the reason why I don't like Jormungand in Blood: if you draw it without Zodiac Demon it's not that useful, and if you draw Zodiac Demons without Jorm, it's not any better (and that game proofs it). They only synergyze well with each other. You feel bad if you play Jorm and see it banished/transformed, or are forced to play Zodiac and sacrifice a Belph (or anything else, for that matters).

That's why I'm still looking for a place for it. I could try and make the old Aggro Blood work... but I'm kinda tired of playing Aggro Blood. xD

If only I had my beloved Azazel+Laura deck... :/

Demonic Key bahamut? xD and do bare in mind, yes a lot of cards. But a. It was required to win at the time rather than over multiple turns. And b. He had to use extras just for the self healing or he’d explode his own face lol. But yes I know the feeling, it’s kinda the same with Heresy, good to use with Demon but can be pulled for free with Aether. But that’s riskier and slower, imo. 

I haven't seen a single neutral deck in masters since the expo hit.

I personally just insta liqifued my Alice's and Lions. It's not like they are useless now, but I would personally much rather use those vials on the new cards. Neutral is right where it should be now, to be honest. A decently strong and cheap deck that can be played across most classes, making it a very nice deck for new players, but it is by no means overpowered.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Meanwhile , i keep meeting neutral control forest when queue with my cblood . Lel what a coincidence

Edited by Void

I played against a neutral Forestcraft deck down in A0 with my Rose Queen Forest deck, and it was the only ranked loss I've had with it thus far, although I lost almost exclusively because I bricked rather hard since I didn't get any of my card draw and didn't get any Rose Queens or White Wolves until my hand was empty of all the fairies I was hoarding.

Other than that, I haven't seen any neutral decks, let alone any that played Alice.

5 hours ago, midgardsormr said:

Have any of you seen or used Alice and Neutralcraft in SFL?

I have seen something like... 3 neutral decks since the release, and all of them in the very first few days.

Not that I miss them 9_9 but I was wondering if it's safe to vial my 3 copies of Alice now that I get full vials refund.

I am actually using them only in Lion Haven (and I'm going to vial Lion as well), Neutral Sword and a very old Phantom Cat deck.

I am only concerned about Blood. I still have no functional deck to complete my dailies for it if we exclude a very meh Control Blood variant, but for sure if I cash 21k vials from Alice and Lion I could use some of them to craft useful cards to fill the gap.

What do you think about it? I usually don't liquefy legendaries, but I don't like Alice (I crafted them only for dailies) and I don't like Lions (as I explained in a Haven topic).

important parts 1st l0l: got bats? toss them to unranked--> ditch the game the moment it smells like 20% chance to win

alice is deadly because of that +1/+1 combination....still deadly if +0/+1....+1/+0 is trashbin material

Pretty much the only alice deck I see around these days is Neutral Forest and even then Alice is a pretty rare sight.

Neutral Sword, since they don't care about defense anyway and BnB forest as Arriet beatstick or Roach foundation, but Alice herself I haven't seen since either. Agreeing with Kyubey here, aggro bats is still good for dailies.

As a bloodcraft main, yes, I have a neutral blood deck. It doesn't use Alice though, instead Loki + Phantom Cat. It's a fun deck but inconsistent.  I'm still experimenting with it. 

Thanks everyone for the advices. :)

I ended up vialling both Lion and Alice, and finally I have the chance of playing some crafts properly.

I see some streamers still use them and i occasionally run into Neutral forest. Neutral forest being the deck hurt the least by all the nerfs

3 hours ago, Imperial Dane said:

I see some streamers still use them and i occasionally run into Neutral forest. Neutral forest being the deck hurt the least by all the nerfs

That's true, but I think that Neutral Forest could work even without Alice, I used an Alice-less Neutral BnB Wolf Bolt throughout WD, and I still use it sometimes, it's not bad at all... but I want to go back playing "true Forest" now, and I think you know what I mean. :)

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 8:25 AM, midgardsormr said:

That's true, but I think that Neutral Forest could work even without Alice, I used an Alice-less Neutral BnB Wolf Bolt throughout WD, and I still use it sometimes, it's not bad at all... but I want to go back playing "true Forest" now, and I think you know what I mean. :)

Even during Wonderland Dreams, Alice isn't a necessary piece in Neutral Forest. So, if pre-nerfed Alice wasn't necessary, post-nerfed Alice definitely isn't necessary.