Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jack42

Control Bloodcraft Deck

13 posts in this topic

Demolishes aggro and some midrange decks.  Loses hard to everything else.

 

3x SpiderWeb Imp

3x Baphomet

3x Vampiric Kiss

3x Hungering Hoard

3x Grimnir, War Cyclone

3x Fanged Serpent

3x Wardrobe Raider

2x Righteous Devil

3x Scarlet Sabreur

3x Diabolic Drain

1x Queen Vampire

1x Carabosse, Wicked Fairy

3x Fenrir

1x Esmerelda, Demonic Officer

3x Revelation

2x Temptress Vampire

 

The easiest card to move around and replace would be the singleton Queen Vampire.  That is the "flex" spot in the deck right now.

 

This deck has no problems walling/healing up against aggression, and the way you lose is that your opponent has some 20 damage combo or just plain out values you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

After 10 more games, I am making the following changes:

-2 Righteous Devil

-1 Vampire Queen

+3 GoblinBreaker Teena

Edited by Jack42

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been playing a more stock version of C-Blood the last day or so and had the same results as you.  Demolishes anything that relies on board presence but loses just as hard to other control and storm decks, which makes it a poor metagame choice right now.  The issues I see are two fold.  First, not enough early wards to stop the 1-2-3-Slacker-RTA type curves in the popular Aggro Sword decks, nor is it well equipped to deal with multiple Fortes and Genesis Dragons.  The second problem is that you can't deal with late game bombs like Mordecai, Aegis, or Seraph, and you can't match them.  There's no room for Odin, not that he even answers Aegis anyway, and Azazel/Spawn wombo combo gets shut down by Themis and Khawy.  That forces you into the beatdown role against other control decks which is just something you can't do effectively.

 

All that led me to theorycraft something between Vengeance and traditional control based on similar decks that emerged in Japan during the last week of WLD.

PDdLxbZ.png

You have 6 dedicated early wards in Spiderweb and Fanged Serpent with Disagreeable Demon providing up to 9 against aggro and pressure against control.  Meanwhile, Blood Wolf, Dark General, Airjammer, and Emeralda let you more effectively play beatdown when needed and you still retain a large part of the board control suite run by heavier decks.  I haven't had a chance to test it yet since I'm still a couple hundred vials short of crafting the last 2 Fulminous Demons so it could just be hot garbage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As for Control blood I have actually had some good luck running Black Philip (Demonic Ram) in my deck to mitigate the damage of dropping Spiderweb and/or the off chance of Disagreeable on an empty board. It's also a decent heal mechanic with Fulmy and Snarling Chains.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Morrigan said:

As for Control blood I have actually had some good luck running Black Philip (Demonic Ram) in my deck to mitigate the damage of dropping Spiderweb and/or the off chance of Disagreeable on an empty board. It's also a decent heal mechanic with Fulmy and Snarling Chains.

 

1 hour ago, Morrigan said:

Black Philip

c1RBAie8.jpg

Live deliciously...

 

(sorry for the OT, but I LOLLed so hard at this... xD ).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Scoopi said:

 First, not enough early wards to stop the 1-2-3-Slacker-RTA type curves in the popular Aggro Sword decks,

I've had no trouble against these decks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to be trying a variant of this in a few days.  I want to see if I can make snakes work as control/board prescience.  I'm pulling a lot of the fun cards right now in blood.  Even if it's just for Laughs I like Venomfang Medusa as a midrange/control option.  We'll see what I come up with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2017 at 9:03 AM, Morrigan said:

As for Control blood I have actually had some good luck running Black Philip (Demonic Ram) in my deck to mitigate the damage of dropping Spiderweb and/or the off chance of Disagreeable on an empty board. It's also a decent heal mechanic with Fulmy and Snarling Chains.

very solid card.  Was very impressed with how he interacted with chains and fulmy as well as imp and razor claw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kinda forgot this thread xD this is the one I’m currently runnnig https://shadowverse-portal.com/deckbuilder/create/6?hash=1.6.6F6FS.6F6FS.6F6FS.67SGY.67SGY.6BIrA.6BIrA.6BIrA.6F6kY.6F6kY.6F6kY.6F9Ao.6F9Ao.6F9Ao.63iH0.63iH0.6FB7o.6FB7o.6FB7o.6IwOI.6IwOI.6IwOI.63i_Q.63i_Q.63i_Q.6MkXS.6MkXS.6IyqY.6IyqY.6IyqY.6FB7y.6I_Gy.6I_Gy.63i_a.63i_a.63i_a.63iHA.63iHA.694Vo.694Vo does pretty well against aggro, kinda 50-50 with other control decks and shift, but that’s about it. :3 and before Morrigan shouts at me, running blood moon, get over it. xD 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Othello said:

Kinda forgot this thread xD this is the one I’m currently runnnig https://shadowverse-portal.com/deckbuilder/create/6?hash=1.6.6F6FS.6F6FS.6F6FS.67SGY.67SGY.6BIrA.6BIrA.6BIrA.6F6kY.6F6kY.6F6kY.6F9Ao.6F9Ao.6F9Ao.63iH0.63iH0.6FB7o.6FB7o.6FB7o.6IwOI.6IwOI.6IwOI.63i_Q.63i_Q.63i_Q.6MkXS.6MkXS.6IyqY.6IyqY.6IyqY.6FB7y.6I_Gy.6I_Gy.63i_a.63i_a.63i_a.63iHA.63iHA.694Vo.694Vo does pretty well against aggro, kinda 50-50 with other control decks and shift, but that’s about it. :3 and before Morrigan shouts at me, running blood moon, get over it. xD 

I am more surprised by the addition of spawns. He has always seemed so damn terrible whenever I tried him post nerf. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Chappie said:

I am more surprised by the addition of spawns. He has always seemed so damn terrible whenever I tried him post nerf. 

It’s still s good 11-13 damage, and long as you got a board, or at least, enough of one, since blood moon saves you needing to be in Albert range, he’s fine, and if need be, can throw an evolve and let him survive a revelation. xD 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They win me games! Unless it’s Haven, but I don’t mind losing to Haven. “That is a lovely board of Sneks, would be a shame if... I just top decked Themis....RIP” and straight back to Satan. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0