Unryuu

Shadow Archives

13 posts in this topic

So I wanted to start a thread where the Shadow players on the forum could keep a pool of the updated lists we're all modifying throughout the months. It's because I know that Shadow lists can often have many variants or tolerate a much wider extent of off-mainstream choices that still work, compared to the other classes ... so perhaps veterans and new players alike could benefit a lot from reading up on each others' lists for new ideas. It's also a difficult class to play sometimes, because all the powerful lists are usually mechanics-heavy with Last Words or necro counts.

The rule is that each of us should maintain one post in the thread, and keep it updated via edits as you make modifications ... sort of like an index. Don't make multiple posts on the subject matter or responses, let's keep this index clean. If you want to make comments, make a subsection in your own post ... simply put, I want this to be a Table of Contents for Shadow, and then we can make new threads in the Shadow sub to discuss specific lists at length.

It's fine to say you're running a very similar list to someone else; there's a limited range anyway.

@Greevilz @Chappie @zzMedVeDzz @Aru're @Void @AAA @Patrickzzz @Morrigan @fangore and any other Shadow users, let's get started?

Edited by Unryuu
5 people like this

Unryuu's Lists.

For reference, all of these lists have been trialed in Masters Ranked, except ver. L/B. Nep ver. A in particular has an excellent winrate this season, and Tyrant is playable but not significantly better than the standard on ladder.

Note: I don't currently own sufficient copies of Twilight Queen to test ver. L and ver. B, but it'd be nice if someone who can could try them, and let me know - the curves should be fine, I based this off my old lists and modified them for Ceres/Queen ... I just need to know if Queen does work as I imagine.

(Updated 1 October)

Neph Control ver. A

This is the classic 2378 list I've been playing since the mid-end of the Wonderland Dreams block, built as a 'lightweight' list to protect face specifically against tempo board plays and storm. It curves well, rarely bricks more than your ability to draw out of it, and stops storm plays excellently. However, it's weak to burn, has low board presence, and doesn't have the reach to stand up against decks with multiple options to remove Morde, like x 2 Odin.

Neph Control ver. B

This is a theoretical 2478 'heavy' list I plan to trial and develop once I find access to some copies of Ceres or Twilight Queen. It sacrifices a fair bit of ward utility, and anti-storm capability, in exchange for the ability to develop a much more powerful stat board. It's less reliant on Mordecai to win, and enables you to outpace Odin decks with Queen to create more Morde copies.

Neph Control ver. L

This is a 'superheavy' variant of the Ledger list that I've run in the Tempest block before. It should be rather difficult to operate against classic aggro/tempo, since very few of your bodies can trade actively, and are dependent on spells/triggers to access utility. However, it should be a powerful list if you have the initiative and drop Ledger on curve.

Tempo Tyrant Shadow

This is a power version of the Minthe-Tyrant list I used to run in the Wonderland Dreams block. It's functionally a Mid Shadow list, with consistent draw enablers off Staircase, enhanced destroy mechanics, the ability to pinpoint removal off Troth/Pact. I'll probably include x 3 copies of Ceres once I find some copies and trial them.

Dark Alice Overclock (in progress) - rather unplayable deck that relies on the nonetheless fun Dark Alice + Haunt + PTP combo.

Tempo Mid Shadow (in progress) - list focused on board control, will possibly run Minthe, Eachtar, and Corpselord ... as well as Ceres, etc..

Graveyard Shadow (in progress) - list focused on the use of Gloaming Tombs to create 30 shadows by Turn 9-10, and then PTP as a finisher (no AF needed).

Comments.

@AAA I don't use any copies of Mystic Ring. The only situation I would imagine Ring to be useful is if you drew both Mordes, but the reduction of your hand size, or the possibility to have a brick vs. aggro/tempo, is not worth the card. It doesn't actually draw you a new card (since without Ring, you'd have a different card in hand anyway) and only is relevant if you had both Nep + 2 x Morde, or wanted to cycle the deck (but I'd just use Bells or Andrealphus for the former).

I believe that decks have to be very fluid in order to draw, and respond to situations. Staircase is quickly becoming one of the most important cards in the deck, because of how much cycle and draw it provides. Let's say I use an optimal Staircase drop on Turn 1.

On Turn 2, I drop Lyrial ... that's 1 stack, when she dies.

On Turn 3, I drop Pact.

On Turn 4, I use Corpse + Eater ... that's 2 stacks.

On Turn 5, I've 4 turns of CD, plus 3 instances of follower death playing a super conservative, reactive curve. That's 7, and Staircase pops for a hand refill, despite myself having actually drawn more cards than my starting hand off Corpse + Eater. I'm casually at ~8 cards at the start of the turn, or 9 if I started second ... sufficient to last the remainder of the match. This is a typical opening curve in my Nep deck, and notice I've removed an enemy follower every turn without tempo loss.

Play Staircase on Turn 3 instead, and you'll still have a refill on Turn 6 or so because of similar play rates. It's the dream hand refill for Nep Shadow.

Edited by Unryuu
1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Unryuu said:

It may be presumptuous of me, but I wanted to start a thread where the Shadow players on the forum could keep a pool of the updated lists we're all modifying throughout the months. It's because I know that Shadow lists can often have many variants or tolerate a much wide extent of off-mainstream choices that still work, compared to the other classes ... so perhaps veterans and new players alike could benefit a lot from reading up on each others' lists for new ideas. It's also a difficult class to play sometimes, because all the powerful lists are usually mechanics-heavy with Last Words or necro counts.

The rule is that each of us should start one post in the thread, and keep it updated via edits as you make modifications ... sort of like a index. If you want to make comments, make a subsection in your own post ... simply put, I want this to be a Table of Contents for Shadow, and then we can make new threads in the Shadow sub to discuss specific lists at length.

It's fine to say you're running a very similar list to someone else; there's a limited range anyway.

@Greevilz @Chappie @zzMedVeDzz @Aru're @Void @AAA and any other Shadow users, let's get started?

Hmm i have my own Atomy MidShadow SFL ver and non atomy.

Atomy-chan:https://shadowverse-portal.com/deck/1.5.6KUzo.6KUzo.6KUzo.63E_G.63E_G.63E_G.6Cpmc.6Cpmc.6Cpmc.6Avi6.6Avi6.6Avi6.6EmHC.6EmHC.6EmHC.6IVXY.6IVXY.6IVXY.6MJgs.6MJgs.6MJgs.6Ei7Q.6Ei7Q.6Ei7Q.6KPc2.6KPc2.675ZG.675ZG.675ZG.6Ejr6.6Ejr6.6Ejr6.6MOZ2.6MOZ2.6EojS.6EojS.6EojS.63MIS.63MIS.63MIS

Typical mid:https://shadowverse-portal.com/deck/1.5.63E_G.63E_G.63E_G.63FiQ.63FiQ.68_dc.68_dc.68_dc.6Avi6.6Avi6.6EmHC.6EmHC.6EmHC.6IVXY.6IVXY.6IVXY.6Ei7Q.6Ei7Q.6Ei7Q.68_dm.68_dm.675ZG.675ZG.675ZG.6Avhy.6Avhy.6Ejr6.6Ejr6.6MOZ2.6MOZ2.6MJgY.6MJgY.63KbE.63KbE.6EmHM.6EmHM.6EmHM.6EojS.6EojS.6EojS

Its nuts.

Edited by Greevilz
1 person likes this

Well glad looks like some1 openig thread about deck archive 

These decks are the deck i still tuning and using (especially midrange shadow oh i remember i still use lord of flies back then, im actually had around 5 kind of midrange shadow ,but only these  2  decks that maybe still work properly) . 

Nepthys 2478 

https://shadowverse-portal.com/deckbuilder/create/5?hash=1.5.6KUzo.6KUzo.63Ezi.63Ezi.6Avi6.6Avi6.6Avi6.6EmHC.6EmHC.6EmHC.6IVXY.6IVXY.6IVXY.6IXzo.6IXzo.6MOZC.6Ei7Q.6Ei7Q.6Ei7Q.6Aysw.6Aysw.6MMrg.6MMrg.5_TGy.5_TGy.6MOZ2.6MOZ2.6MOZ2.6MQ_I.6MQ_I.63KbE.63KbE.63KbE.6AviG.6AviG.6AviG.63Jsg.63Jsg.6A-aI.6A-aI

Nepthys 2378

https://shadowverse-portal.com/deckbuilder/create/5?hash=1.5.6KUzo.6KUzo.63FiQ.63FiQ.61NLI.61NLI.65BUS.65BUS.6Avi6.6Avi6.6Avi6.6EmHC.6EmHC.6EmHC.6IVXY.6IVXY.6Ei7Q.6Ei7Q.6Ei7Q.6CsCi.6CsCi.6737K.6737K.675ZG.675ZG.6AtGA.6AtGA.63Kb4.63Kb4.6Aysw.6Aysw.63KbE.63KbE.6AviG.6AviG.6AviG.63Jsg.63Jsg.6A-aI.6A-aI

Ledger nepthys 

https://shadowverse-portal.com/deckbuilder/create/5?hash=1.5.63FiQ.63FiQ.61NLI.61NLI.65BUS.65BUS.65BUS.68_dc.68_dc.68_dc.6Ei7Q.6Ei7Q.6Ei7Q.6CsCi.6CsCi.6CsCi.6AtGA.6AtGA.6AtGA.63Kb4.63Kb4.63Kb4.6Aysw.6Aysw.61PnY.5_TGy.6EmmI.6EmmI.6EmmI.63KbE.63KbE.63KbE.6AviG.6AviG.6AviG.63Jsg.63Jsg.63Jsg.6A-aI.6A-aI

Midrange shadow  mk1 

https://shadowverse-portal.com/deckbuilder/create/5?hash=1.5.63E_G.63E_G.63E_G.63FiQ.63FiQ.68_dc.68_dc.68_dc.6Avi6.6Avi6.6EmHC.6EmHC.6EmHC.6IVXY.6IVXY.6IXzo.6IXzo.6Ei7Q.6Ei7Q.6Ei7Q.675ZG.675ZG.675ZG.6AtGA.6AtGA.61PnY.61PnY.6Avhy.6Avhy.63MII.63MII.6IaQ2.6IaQ2.6AviG.6AviG.6EmHM.6EmHM.6EojS.6EojS.63Jsg

Midrange shadow mk2

https://shadowverse-portal.com/deckbuilder/create/5?hash=1.5.6KUzo.6KUzo.63E_G.63E_G.63E_G.63FiQ.63FiQ.68_dc.68_dc.68_dc.6Avi6.6Avi6.6Avi6.6EmHC.6EmHC.6IVXY.6IVXY.6IXzo.6Ei7Q.6Ei7Q.6Ei7Q.63Kb4.63Kb4.6Aysw.6Aysw.6MOZ2.6MOZ2.6MOZ2.fttUY.fttUY.63KbE.63KbE.63KbE.6AviG.6AviG.6EmHM.6EmHM.6EojS.6EojS.63Jsg

Lord atomeme & ty rant (experiment)

https://shadowverse-portal.com/deckbuilder/create/5?hash=1.5.6KUzo.6KUzo.6KUzo.63E_G.63E_G.63E_G.63Ezi.63Ezi.6Avi6.6Avi6.6Avi6.6EmHC.6EmHC.6EmHC.6MOZC.6Cp_w.6Cp_w.63E-A.63E-A.675ZG.675ZG.675ZG.6AtGA.6AtGA.6AtGA.6At-a.6At-a.6Ejr6.6Ejr6.6Ejr6.63Kaw.63Kaw.63Kaw.63MII.677_2.677_2.63JsW.63JsW.63MIS.63MIS

Edited by Void
1 person likes this

You probably whatn to ask Mouse to pin this thread.

2 people like this

I like this idea since it lets newer players quickly find out how bad we are at this game <3

2,4,7,8 Nep

Deck is still in testing but does really well against midrange and can even handle the aggrofest going on though you are very reliant on ceres and foul tempest. Currently debating if Twlight's shenanigans are worth the slot since she is so damn slow. 

2,3,7,8 Nep

Just an updated version of the nep I was using in WD. Debating if I should break the magic numbers for ceres (she is just that good). Currently testing stairs and purehearted singer as well.

Tyrant

Trying to make use of that new amulet in combination with board fillers like Goblin queen to ramp shadows without having to waste slots on things like sergeant. Considering putting in thane for an alt wincon that synergizes with the amulet. Additionally uriel might be worth playing just to make sure I get my set up. 

Update where I basically just add 2 copies of antomy because he is 50 shades of stupid with Staircase

Dark Alice

Zodiac helps A LOT but unfortunately he does clog your deck once you pull alice off. Why could he not have been our second shadow legend instead of mail?

Updated, I have added Arriet to the list for extra pushing power. She turns Dalice/Zodiac into a 10 damage burst if the opponent lacks a ward which helps since you just cannot bank on surviving until turn 11 to potentially win with apocalypse cards. Of course this makes the build feel very NepNepish with how heavy it is on the top half which is kind of rough at times. Debating putting 1~2 deaths breath in here but right now the list is working fine especially if you drop ToS early turning attendant and lurching into wards the opponent absolutely does not want to swing over. 

Phantom Dragon's tears

Well the concept here is to use into the looking glass to turn phantom dragon into a neutral and then buffing him constantly. Sirens tears triggers his ambush so you can attack without fear of retaliation making him a solid back up plan to the classic Slacker angel. You will roll over and die to anything with RNG/AOE destruction as well as aggro and..... most other competent things honestly. BUT THE STYLE POINTS WHEN YOU WIN THO 

Midrange shadow

Dark bladefiend seems to be more useful then I thought. I figured she was a great take 2 card but she is holding up in constructed as well providing midrange with a solid ward that doesnt eat up all your shadows. Currently testing without deaths breath but I am pretty sure I would just take out 1 thane and maybe a conversion if I were to put them in rather then remove fiend. 

Edited by Chappie
1 person likes this

Thus far, I've only been using a single Tyrant Shadowcraft deck this expansion, although I would like to update my neutral Control list as more of a control Shadow once I get my hands on some copies of Ceres.

Tyrant

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

On 9/29/2017 at 10:50 PM, Void said:

I'd like to critique this version of your ledger neph deck. If you're making any Neph deck you should stick with 2378 or 2478. Here is why, your win condition is Mordecai. You want 100% chance that Mordecai is pulled when you drop Neph on turn 8. Naturally Neph's RNG gets diluted the more diverse your follower pool is. In brief you must restrict the RNG of Neph so she can only pull from four different costs.

Edited by AAA

Posted (edited)

This is the current Shadowcraft deck I used after inputs from Unryuu back then; thanks again! I tried to put some spin, but this probably needs to be improved a lot to be able to work at all.

LINK

I probably should put more hard removals though. And I am aware this deck has lots of impractical combos; Test of Strength was meant to be combo-ed with Deadmoon after Mordecai is played to kinda replicate the old Aegis + ToS synergy, but the game needs to be stalled for a long time, and that's quite risky against...well, anything really. I don't know why I put Eachtar there; I just got him from a pack after Take-Two.

On 9/30/2017 at 8:53 PM, Chappie said:

Dark Alice 

Zodiac helps A LOT but unfortunately he does clog your deck once you pull alice off. Why could he not have been our second shadow legend instead of mail? Anyway this is a work in progress right now. 

Why three DAlice? Is she an ammunition for Zodiac? Either way, wouldn't she also banishes the other copies of herself once she is played? I mean, I thought one DAlice in a Neutral Shadow deck I tried building a few days earlier should be enough...

Edited by Caster

1 hour ago, Caster said:

This is the current Shadowcraft deck I used after inputs from Unryuu back then; thanks again! I tried to put some spin, but this probably needs to be improved a lot to be able to work at all.

LINK

I probably should put more hard removals though. And I am aware this deck has lots of impractical combos; Test of Strength was meant to be combo-ed with Deadmoon after Mordecai is played to kinda replicate the old Aegis + ToS synergy, but the game needs to be stalled for a long time, and that's quite risky against...well, anything really. I don't know why I put Eachtar there; I just got him from a pack after Take-Two.

Why three DAlice? Is she an ammunition for Zodiac? Either way, wouldn't she also banishes the other copies of herself once she is played? I mean, I thought one DAlice in a Neutral Shadow deck I tried building a few days earlier should be enough...

It could be argued that perhaps 2 DA might be enough. However, just having 1 in the deck makes the chances of drawing her much too low (and there is no way of tutoring her). DA+ Prince of Darkness is the end game after all, so you would want to maximize your chances of drawing the key component of this deck. 

1 person likes this

This is my Ward-focused Shadowcraft Ver. 3.0 Type Steinback: Temporary Arrangements.

Dance of Death is meant to be an Anti-PDK weapon while squeezing the face, while Ceres works really damn well at handling wounded opponents. I'm not using Eachtar as an enhancer for whatever finisher I can use, but rather to trade with at least two or three followers. However, if Eachtar can somehow be used to enhance your finisher (like, say, Mordy), it might be able to crush face persistently. Cerberus is there because I meant to play Coco and Mimi and use it in conjunction with Deathly Tyrant, and my battles proved that I can generate just enough Shadows for Tyrant. But as you can see, Tyrant's not in there...because I need to figure out who should I replace for Tyrant. For now though, Coco and Mimi can be used to enhance whatever finisher I can use.

So, what's with the long name? Steinback. Cerberus. Coco and Mimi are supposed to be dogs, right?

My Zodiac Alice build:

https://shadowverse-portal.com/deck/1.5.63E_G.63E_G.6KUzo.5_QqY.6EmHC.6EmHC.6MOZC.6Ei7Q.6Ei7Q.6Ei7Q.6CsCi.6CnpI.6CnpI.6CnpI.6Cp_w.6737K.6737K.6737K.6MM6o.63Kb4.63Kb4.63Kb4.6AtG0.5_TGo.5_TGo.6MQ_I.63MII.677_2.63MII.6MJgY.6Ay8C.6AviG.6MPHw.6IcsI.6IcsI.6IcsI.6KWwy.61SDy.61SE6.694Vo

It is heavily customized to be effective against current agro meta. So, don't be surprised of Playful Necromancers )) They are good against face sword now - at least in AA. Also, I discarded Lurching Corpses, Attendants, Chimeras, Demon Eaters, Soul Conversions - all of that reviving engine. It is too slow against sword which at least is third of ranked now. I can't decide which is better - Mist of Extinction or another Khavy though.. it requires additional tests. Also, some times you have to use ToS against agro even when you don't want to use it until D. Alice triggers. It works though - against face sword it is crucial to survive early rush at any cost - it doesn't requires too many turns to win in late game if you survived - unlike as against PDK, for example. Also, against face sword, don't save Soulsquashers and don't wait enemy evolves - use them on curve. Your main goal is to survive until turn 7, holding your ToS'es if possible. Therefore it is not very critical to have strong draw engine - cause D.Alice will banish most cards anyway.

Edited by Usagi