Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Void

Ptp forest is back ?

3 posts in this topic

So i recently just see some rage tournament and some1 using ptp forest deck . It caught my interest when he can fill his hand with fairies just by woodland bramble and altered fate make them draw like hell. Based on that deck , i try to edit it for my forest dailies xD

https://shadowverse-portal.com/deckbuilder/create/1?hash=1.1.5zvAY.5zvAY.5zvAY.61jJY.61jJY.61k2Q.61k2Q.61k2Q.61QWQ.61QWQ.61QWQ.5zvAi.5zvAi.61oCC.61oCC.61oCC.5zvvQ.5zvvQ.5zvvQ.61k2a.65YC2.6H0p2.6H0p2.6H0p2.61qeS.61qeS.61qeS.6H2m2.6H2m2.6H2m2.61Q1A.61Q1A.61Q1A.61lmu.61lmu.65enI.65enI.61oww.61oww.61lmk 

Against aggro you just hoping you draw those removal so fast or dream hand like  1pp 2pp AE 

This deck favored against midrange shadow if i see (F you eachtar) . Theres also some cards that i still considering like pegasus elf , crystal lily or try to making 3rd will of forest( i only had 2)

Need advice guys especially you @midgardsormr as known user who (maybe) still using forestcraft

Yeah, I have been seeing different forest PtP decks on ladder recently. Seems like it's becoming a thing again. They are actually pretty fast. Last PtP deck I lost to had PtP set up on T8, and had already pecked me down to 12 HP before that, so I was screwed. 

Your list is very similar to the one I've posted here last week. So I think it's fine.

I've tried many different builds, and they perform more or less the same, so I think that many choices depend on the meta and your preferences. The main difference regards the cards you use to deal chip damage or to finish your opponent. We both are using Roaches, which I believe is the better choice, but there are also Fairy Driver variants. Those decks have usually more room for removal and defensive tools, but since they don't run EPM they usually cut Tia as well, and PtP is very evo-hungry, so I don't know if that's the right choice. For sure, it's better against aggro.

If you have Fairy Dragon, I think he could be worth the inclusion. I have none unfortunately, so I can't do it myself.

I now have a positive winrate with PtP in unranked and a ~45% in ranked (A2). Not bad, but not a deck you'd choose to rank up quickly. I must say though that the winrate is increasing, because the more you play it the more you become good at piloting it. And that deck is definitely difficult to pilot.

I've also found neutral variants, like this one, which take advantage of the fact that PtP and Altered Fate are neutral cards as well. I found this variant a bit clunky, as you're usually able to proc PtP only by turn 9 if you're lucky (while the all-Forest variant can easily and consistently be pulled off one turn earlier). But it's true that in some circumstances you don't need PtP at all, thanks to B&B. And ETA and Hector are incredible tools to survive against aggro.