Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Archdar

What do you think of Cinderella?

18 posts in this topic

Hello People, so I just started playing neutral swordcraft a week ago on my way to Masters(currently at AA3). My list does not include Cinderella as I don't have it but just a few minutes ago I just pulled 1. My question is it worth to create another 2 for my deck? How important is she for  the deck? My first impression of Cinderella I convinced  myself she is not that good card because of her risky drawback but maybe I am missing something. Does anyone of you find her good? Thank you.

Eh, she's alright, I play mostly control sword, but her drawbacks not even that terrible, she's in neutral, so, not many swordcraft followers to send her back, and well, it's almost like free healing her, attack, bounce back, play again at full health. Wouldn't say crafting more of her is necessary though if you are doing fine without her.

Thank you for the reply. It seems my next 3500 vials will be spent elsewhere...

Maybe I'll try one on my current list and see what happens.

Another rubbish legendary for swordcraft that in no way actually works with the class and in fact works against it. Just a waste of vials really.

In Neutral Sword she's good enough, especially if you play her on curve. Even if you need to bounce her back the next turn, you can trade for free or swing for 4 damage, which is OK since she comes cheap. It's terrible when you're behind on the board though, as her ability works against you catching up.

I play it in my aggro neutral sword, it's pretty effective but not essential.

4/4 for 3pp.  In neutral sword the drawback isn't nearly as bad.  The drawback can also be used to your benefit, as when she returns to your hand, she is fully healed when played again.  Support cannon commander sword is terrible, but if that ever becomes a thing, she will be a staple of the deck.  In practice, the drawback will many times not come into consideration.  The opponent will expend resources to remove it as if it were any 4/4.  

I only have one as well, but have been quite impressed with with the work she puts in.  In neutral other than rabbit attendant would rather have her than any other sword 3 drop.  

I don't have her and i can run Neutral Sword just fine. Since i can't test it i don't know how much having her would improve it but she is definitely not necessary for the deck to run.

I don't know if I would say she is essential to craft . . . I do find her to be a good card though. The bounce is freaking annoying and you will bounce her with Maisy, completely forgetting that Maisy is not a neutral because every other 2 drop you have is neutral. Anyway, she hits hard and at 4 HP she's not easy to remove, which is especially important as maintaining a board is so challenging. So overall I've been happy with her performance. 

She's also a fun card with support cannon memes and she can be played turn 8 with a Lumi Mage for free evo Cinderella! 

Considering she does not work with the class cards. She is hardly essential.

I think she is a pretty good card for Alice sword, but I wouldn't spend 7k vials to craft 2 copies of her.

Her drawback isn't a big deal because you can attack before playing your follower. For example if she attacks into Grimnir and gets bounced it is in your favour, the opponent lost his 3 drop, you have your 3 drop in the hand.

The great thing with 3pp 4/4s is they can almost always trade up and most removals deal 3 dmg.

Thank you guys for inputs. I guess Im gonna keep opening WD packs till the end of the month(testing luck) then September saving time.

Honestly i'd recommend just begin saving up now until the next expansion and pray they give swordcraft some good legendaries for once.

6 minutes ago, Imperial Dane said:

Honestly i'd recommend just begin saving up now until the next expansion and pray they give swordcraft some good legendaries for once.

C_103241010.png?20170731a

¬¬

Posted (edited)

19 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

C_103241010.png?20170731a

¬¬

Edit: 

Alright let me rephrase that in a less Grumpy way.

But how about you know actually explaining why you disagree ? Because honestly ? I do not think Albert is all he is cracked up to be, is he powerful ? Sure.. But he is also a card with certain weaknesses, i mean he doesn't help with Swordcraft's mechanics at all, he is just a powerful card, he doesn't spawn tokens, he doesn't buff or.. Anything which sword really does. He is just a storm minion.

And while that should not be discountered, it also means he is never truly a good swordcraft legendary because he never interacts with any cards and allows the deck to excel in some manner. Most of the decks who run him are basically slower aggro decks and the thing is, they all lose to more tempo oriented midrange decks which tends to be the ones that dominate the meta. And Albert will not be able to compete with that.

So while he is a powerful legendary in many ways, he is also what basically amounts to a crutch. And he is not what i'd call a good legendary because he fails to interact with swordcraft mechanics. Eachtar does that, Daria does that (though has largely been rendered naught due to powercreep and a lack of new daria support), Alice does it, Belphegor as well. Wizardess of Oz is another one.

And Albert just.. Storms, he hits face, which should not be taken lightly.. But ultimately cuts him short in terms of any greater usage within the class.

Edited by Imperial Dane
2 people like this

Eh... one of my fav sword legendaries I've learnt to love is Gwain, lower the cost of my Rolands, Front guards and Leonidas's xD alberts nice, but damn boring lol. 

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, Imperial Dane said:

Edit:

- Snip -

That is of course true. 

I was merely being a bit trolly at the idea that there are no good sword legendaries. Albert is obviously one of the better cards in the game. :P

Of course, I do agree that sword has seen a pretty heavy lack of synergy in the cards printed in the recent expansions, and it would be very cool to see something that changes that in the future. It seems like Cygames kind of abandoned their own plan for sword, which sucks. I actually loved the idea of the token swarming mechanic when I started the game, and played only sword for a good month or so after joining because of that.

That is honestly one of the reasons why I switched from maining sword to maining blood. Blood got cooler toys that actually did stuff. Sword, not so much. 

A bit on topic though, I do have to say, I like Cinderella. Her synergy with neutral decks makes her a cool and powerful card to include in neutral aggro decks, which is a fun arctype.

(Though, I agree that it would have been much cooler to see a legendary that helps buff up the swordcraft token playstyle, which is what they are kinda supposed to do. Crossing my fingers, hoping that will happen in the next expansion, as I do miss playing that type of sword deck.)

Edited by Dergonu

Well i do hope they eventually get around to supporting it properly again, though they will have to toss it a lot of cards next expansion if they do, the neglect has left a lot of rush. But they do occasionally toss in stuff like Walfrid who was actually kinda good before Wonderland Dreams but is currently waay too slow in the aggro meta. And Council of Card Knights is also a token support card, so it's not like they have entirely forgotten.. 

But i am fervently wishing they begin supporting it more actively, it's pretty much why i keep playing the game because i like that style of play so much and there are still cool cards, but it just keeps getting harder and harder every expansion as other things are being powercreeped and there is just nothing done to then really support the core style of swordcraft.