Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Blue Draxel

Is this deck any good?

80 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Kyubey said:

bats on steroid ends the game around 5pp. eachtar / thane is bad news since you got no aoe. anything that can heal is bad. 'something' alice is bad because the buff applies to hand too...and so on.

best plan is face explosion around this turn since eachtar, themis, etc won't change a thing [0 in hand? enemy face exploded. mission complete. why should i care about 0 card in hand?]

19884037_636404379897480_824915495452656

^the vid i posted basically got the same plan but with beefy def followers

So, how can I possibly keep up with decks like that? Make a series of good trades and hope to maintain board control until I can reach my powerspike?

18 minutes ago, Blue Draxel said:

Lilac is weird though. Can't her effect be triggered by the enemy? Like, they could just summon a token or smth to disable her clash and after that, she's pretty useless.

Decks that play a lot of small tokens usually want to be hitting your face not your followers. And against those decks Lilac isn't useless, since there are usually a lot of small tokens that she can trade with (mostly bats and fairies). Since you play so much early game you can often clear off small followers on your turn, and the other player is put into a difficult position. Also she's a good evolve target if you really want to prevent what you describe.

Edited by Yue

After some more changes, here's what I came up with.Screenshot_20170816-045544.thumb.png.5918ef72c697845176c170be3374a82f.png

Or click this link. Dunno why it'd be better to click this when a screenshot is provided, but ye. Why not?

I swapped out DoD for Execution to eliminate any pesky amulets the opponent might have as well as enemy followers. I don't think the extra 2 def of dmg is going to do much over destroying an Elana in an Aegis deck.

Edited by Blue Draxel

22 minutes ago, Yue said:

Decks that play a lot of small tokens usually want to be hitting your face not your followers. And against those decks Lilac isn't useless, since there are usually a lot of small tokens that she can trade with (mostly bats and fairies). Since you play so much early game you can often clear off small followers on your turn, and the other player is put into a difficult position. Also she's a good evolve target if you really want to prevent what you describe.

Well, I fell like I should save my evolves for something a bit more.... productive, like EPM or gitting that final +2 dmg on a Fairy. I already have Execution for some sure fire removal, anyway. So, that's good.

This iteration of the deck seems OK to me. I prefer DoD over Execution in aggro decks, but that's it. Your deck is not control, nor combo, you don't care about things like Durandal, Support Cannon or Polyphonic Roar, so you shouldn't care about amulets (and no, you don't need to spend 5pp and a "do nothing" turn 5 to remove Elana which is 2pp cheaper and it's a "do nothing" turn 3).