Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Blue Draxel

Is this deck any good?

80 posts in this topic

Well. I'm planning on playing ShadowVerse soon and so, I created a deck for it. How's this one?

I'm basically just getting a *** ton of Fairies and then finishing off the opponent using Rose Queen or Fairy Dragon.

All suggestions are welcome. Thanx!Screenshot_20170809-163720.thumb.png.ab58f6e2eb2463cd0f39adc728d99ac3.png

7 hours ago, Blue Draxel said:

Well. I'm planning on playing ShadowVerse soon and so, I created a deck for it. How's this one?

I'm basically just getting a *** ton of Fairies and then finishing off the opponent using Rose Queen or Fairy Dragon.

All suggestions are welcome. Thanx!Screenshot_20170809-163720.thumb.png.ab58f6e2eb2463cd0f39adc728d99ac3.png

The idea is OK, the implementation not so much.

You have literally 0 (!!) midgame cards. I know, you can play your Fairies and cheap stuff on turn 5 and 6... but what happens then? You will deplete your hand, and you'll have no more Fairies to be transformed with Rose Queen.

You need more cards that let you draw other cards and increase your hand size: Goblin Mage and Feena are the first I can think of. There's Verdant Steward as well. Also, Ancient Elf could help since she bounces back your board. This way, your Forest Gigas could also become massive.

You need some more cheap removal, otherwise you'll die badly to aggro if you go second. Sylvan Justice is a staple.

My advice is: include Goblin Mage, Feena, Verdant Steward and Sylvan Justice instead of some of your 3-4pp drops (Healing Angel, Faure and a couple of Fairy Knights for example) and maybe 2-3 Woodkin Curse. Then see what happens.

6 minutes ago, midgardsormr said:

You have literally 0 (!!) midgame cards. I know, you can play your Fairies and cheap stuff on turn 5 and 6... but what happens then? You will deplete your hand, and you'll have no more Fairies to be transformed with Rose Queen.

You need more cards that let you draw other cards and increase your hand size: Goblin Mage and Feena are the first I can think of. There's Verdant Steward as well. Also, Ancient Elf could help since she bounces back your board. This way, your Forest Gigas could also become massive.

You need some more cheap removal, otherwise you'll die badly to aggro if you go second. Sylvan Justice is a staple.

My advice is: include Goblin Mage, Feena, Verdant Steward and Sylvan Justice instead of some of your 3-4pp drops (Healing Angel, Faure and a couple of Fairy Knights for example) and maybe 2-3 Woodkin Curse. Then see what happens.

This guys the forest main around here, he's like a freaking unicorn, I'd listen to him xD but maybe add in another couple of Rose Queens just for consistency maybe, not sure how it'd work really, but only one when that's your win condition seems kinda bad. 

Posted (edited)

Oh wai. I edited my deck a lot during the time the took to be "approved by a mod" (7 hours rip).

Now, I'm leaning to a more aggro approach with a Fairy Driver + Fairy Drag combo.Screenshot_20170810-004558.thumb.png.13b08865c48e312e8a5bde5b00c2f9c9.pngHow's that? I realised that the conflicting requirements of Rose Queen and Fairy Dragon would be problematic in actual matches.

I'm thinking of adding a Rhinoceroach in there, would that fit the deck at all?

Win conditions include:

Spamming suicide bomber Fairies to clear the board/ deal massive Face dmg

Using the souls of the ded Fairies as fodder for Fairy Dragon to possibly finish them off.

Edited by Blue Draxel

Posted (edited)

18 minutes ago, midgardsormr said:

I see, Ancient Elf could be pretty damn strong in this deck, especially paired with the Fairy Driver.

I added Glimmering wings for some Draw power and I guess the Healing Angel is unecessary. I'm planning on using Woodkin Curse + Rush/Storm as my main source of "Removal" in this deck and Way of the Outlaw works pretty well for that as well. Sylvan Justice would be a dead draw at around turn 6.

I'm not too sure about Verdant Stuart as I already have a somewhat decent Ward in the form of Fairy Drag.

I think I'll just leave my turn 5 as a set-up turn or smth along those lines.

Goblin Mage also seems like a decent card to add. Feena also seems pretty good actually. Might add a Feena if a 5 pp card is absolutely necessary.

Edited by Blue Draxel

2 minutes ago, Blue Draxel said:

I see, Ancient Elf could be pretty damn strong in this deck, especially paired with the Fairy Driver.

I added Glimmering wings for some Draw power and I guess the Healing Angel is unecessary. I'm planning on using Woodkin Curse + Rush/Storm as my main source of "Removal" in this deck and Way of the Outlaw works pretty well for that as well. Sylvan Justice would be a dead draw at around turn 6.

I'm not too sure about Verdant Stuart as I already have a somewhat decent Ward in the form of Fairy Drag.

I think I'll just leave my turn 5 as a set-up turn or smth along those lines.

Fairy Driver is fine, Woodkin Curse is... meh. You need 2pp + a follower in play or a rush/storm follower in hand. Not so easy, especially when you really need it (i.e. you have to kill your opponent's follower otherwise you die). Way of the outlaw is better, but not that much: 4pp for conditional damage... at this point you'd better include Dance of Death, 5pp but kills everything (even a 13/13 like Bahamut) regardless of your hand size, and also deals 2 damage.

It's true that Sylvan Justice is useless after turn 6, but up to turn 6 is very handy (you can use it to clear damaged evolved followers). And it's EXTREMELY useful in the early game.

Let's say you go second and your opponent plays an aggro deck: turn 1 they play a 1/2, turn 2 they play a 2/2, turn 3 they play Grimnir, turn 4 they play a tempo follower (e.g. Jeno or Big Knuckle Bodyguard). If you have a 2pp removal on turn 2 you can remove his 2pp follower. If you don't and you play a 2pp follower like Fairy Whisperer, you will lose all your followers and on t4 you'll be facing a 4-followers while you have nothing in play.

Roaches are usually good, but to get the most out of them you need:

- cards that give you 0pp cards to play (e.g. Feena, Elven Princess Mage);

- cards that bounce them back to hand, so that you can play them more than once per turn (usually Ancient Elves and Nature's Guidance).

For example, if you manage to keep in hand 3 0pp cards, a Guidance and 2 Roaches, you can deal 17 damage on turn 7 (0pp x 3 + Roach 4 damage + Guidance on Roach + Roach [6] + Roach [7]). This is the most effective way to win with Forest, usually.

1 hour ago, midgardsormr said:

Fairy Driver is fine, Woodkin Curse is... meh. You need 2pp + a follower in play or a rush/storm follower in hand. Not so easy, especially when you really need it (i.e. you have to kill your opponent's follower otherwise you die). Way of the outlaw is better, but not that much: 4pp for conditional damage... at this point you'd better include Dance of Death, 5pp but kills everything (even a 13/13 like Bahamut) regardless of your hand size, and also deals 2 damage.

It's true that Sylvan Justice is useless after turn 6, but up to turn 6 is very handy (you can use it to clear damaged evolved followers). And it's EXTREMELY useful in the early game.

Let's say you go second and your opponent plays an aggro deck: turn 1 they play a 1/2, turn 2 they play a 2/2, turn 3 they play Grimnir, turn 4 they play a tempo follower (e.g. Jeno or Big Knuckle Bodyguard). If you have a 2pp removal on turn 2 you can remove his 2pp follower. If you don't and you play a 2pp follower like Fairy Whisperer, you will lose all your followers and on t4 you'll be facing a 4-followers while you have nothing in play.

Roaches are usually good, but to get the most out of them you need:

- cards that give you 0pp cards to play (e.g. Feena, Elven Princess Mage);

- cards that bounce them back to hand, so that you can play them more than once per turn (usually Ancient Elves and Nature's Guidance).

For example, if you manage to keep in hand 3 0pp cards, a Guidance and 2 Roaches, you can deal 17 damage on turn 7 (0pp x 3 + Roach 4 damage + Guidance on Roach + Roach [6] + Roach [7]). This is the most effective way to win with Forest, usually.

But like... if I don't get Sylvan Justice in the early game, it simply becomes a dead draw and the chances of me not drawing the card in early is pretty good.

I might switch out a Woodkin Curse and a Way of the Outlaw with some Dance of Death though. Seems cool.

No to the roach doe. It seems like it'd screw up the playstyle of the deck, big time.

Posted (edited)

You may find this list interesting:

Fairy cage in combination with driver or gemstones elf can also make for surprising and hilarious combos, in any case I wouldn't bet my money on a conditional big beef follower like canopies or gigas that's easily removed with some bane or whatnot.

Edited by -C3-
1 person likes this

6 hours ago, -C3- said:

You may find this list interesting:

Fairy cage in combination with driver or gemstones elf can also make for surprising and hilarious combos, in any case I wouldn't bet my money on a conditional big beef follower like canopies or gigas that's easily removed with some bane or whatnot.

That seems very interesting. I can see how Elf of Gemstones and Fairy Cage would be a lethal addition to the deck. And in addition with an Elf Healer, I can heal a good amount of health as well. Thanks for the suggestion!

Keep 'em coming guys!

Posted (edited)

Changed up some shtuff. Is this better @midgardsormr? I switched around the win-cons to better suit "my playstyle".

I'm basically trying to delet my enemy with Fairies now. How viable is this, and how can I make it even more viable?

I'm thinking of adding Verdant Steward as a good ward. Should I replace Gigas for him or keep Gigas for dat burst dmg and switch out smth else instead?

Screenshot_20170811-204241.thumb.png.8f652c3016f864b48c4e8f5ac048b6be.png

Edited by Blue Draxel

Here are some cards that I think you should consider not including:

-Fairy Champion

-Pixie Mischief

-Woodkin Curse

-Elf Healer

-Way of the Outlaw

-Fairy Cage

-Elf of the Gemstones

-Forest Gigas

@Blue Draxel, see what Yue says. :)

In particular:

- Fairy Cage is anti-synergy in an aggro deck. It takes a board slot permanently, and sometimes you just want to flood the board, but you can't do it efficiently with that one in play. Not to mention that you already have quite some Fairy generators, so the chance that Cage won't give you anything are quite high.

- Fairy Champion has little use here. Ward is good, but a 1/1 can't tank much damage, as it dies to everything. And since you're aggro, you shouldn't care too much about Ward. Better including other 1pp drops, like Water Fairy or Fairy Circle.

- Pixie Mischief has little use too, as you have very few bounce targets (2 Whisperer and 1 Dancer, nothing else has an useful Fanfare).

- you already know what I think about Woodkin Curse. A 2-step removal is usually bad, especially when you don't have a board. And to use it in conjunction with Fairy Driver or Gemstone you need 7-8pp and 3 cards just for a single removal (2pp Curse + 4-5pp Driver/Gemstone + 1pp fairy). Extremely inefficient.

- Elf Healer: you're aggro, your gameplan is to kill your opponent quickly. This card doesn't stick to your gameplan.

- Gemstone is meh. 5pp for an understatted minion. You can't play her on turn 5, otherwise she dies immediately and you get no value out of her. If you play her on turn 6, you get a single Fairy with rush. On turn 7, you get Abby with rush. Other crafts like Shadow can get an entire board of 4/2s with rush on turn 7 (see Demonlord Eachtar), others can play Sahaquiel + Lucifer, 4/4 + 6/7 rush + heal for 4... and I stop here. How can a 3/4 + 2/2 even compete with those?

- Gigas is meh, in this list. You want to flood the board with your followers, you don't want to keep them in hand to buff Gigas. Thus, he's anti-synergy here.

Posted (edited)

16 minutes ago, midgardsormr said:

@Blue Draxel, see what Yue says. :)

In particular:

- Fairy Cage is anti-synergy in an aggro deck. It takes a board slot permanently, and sometimes you just want to flood the board, but you can't do it efficiently with that one in play. Not to mention that you already have quite some Fairy generators, so the chance that Cage won't give you anything are quite high.

- Fairy Champion has little use here. Ward is good, but a 1/1 can't tank much damage, as it dies to everything. And since you're aggro, you shouldn't care too much about Ward. Better including other 1pp drops, like Water Fairy or Fairy Circle.

- Pixie Mischief has little use too, as you have very few bounce targets (2 Whisperer and 1 Dancer, nothing else has an useful Fanfare).

- you already know what I think about Woodkin Curse. A 2-step removal is usually bad, especially when you don't have a board. And to use it in conjunction with Fairy Driver or Gemstone you need 7-8pp and 3 cards just for a single removal (2pp Curse + 4-5pp Driver/Gemstone + 1pp fairy). Extremely inefficient.

- Elf Healer: you're aggro, your gameplan is to kill your opponent quickly. This card doesn't stick to your gameplan.

- Gemstone is meh. 5pp for an understatted minion. You can't play her on turn 5, otherwise she dies immediately and you get no value out of her. If you play her on turn 6, you get a single Fairy with rush. On turn 7, you get Abby with rush. Other crafts like Shadow can get an entire board of 4/2s with rush on turn 7 (see Demonlord Eachtar), others can play Sahaquiel + Lucifer, 4/4 + 6/7 rush + heal for 4... and I stop here. How can a 3/4 + 2/2 even compete with those?

- Gigas is meh, in this list. You want to flood the board with your followers, you don't want to keep them in hand to buff Gigas. Thus, he's anti-synergy here.

Understood.

Edited the deck some more while you guys were away and already implemented a few of your suggestions.Screenshot_20170812-092108.thumb.png.0849ad8bdb2ddad8de0f2885b8ad44fc.pngAs for flooding potential amd shtuff like that, ye, I can see how it would be a problem.

Thinking of adding Fairy Bringers and Elven Princess Mages.

Thought of adding Baalt, but by the time he comes into play, I'd probably lose all my tempo.

I shall delet one of the Fairy Cages to make extra space.

I'm not sure if I should delet the Fairy Champions as I believe that a 1 pp ward has its advantages.

I'm planning on fitting Elf Girl Liza in there somewhere for Themis' Decree, not sure if I should or can.

I guess Gemstones is kinda bad, but, I guess keeping just one wouldn't be too bad in case rng hates me.

Other changes include:

Deleting Woodkin in exchange for a 2nd Mischief

Deleting Ephemera for another Blessed Fairy Dancer

Deleting Way for another Fairy Circle

Edited by Blue Draxel

20 minutes ago, midgardsormr said:

Other crafts like Shadow can get an entire board of 4/2s with rush on turn 7 (see Demonlord Eachtar), others can play Sahaquiel + Lucifer, 4/4 + 6/7 rush + heal for 4... and I stop here. How can a 3/4 + 2/2 even compete with those?

I dunno. How do I compete against other aggro decks? Do I have to out aggro them by simply outplaying them, get some better cards or smth like that?

Posted (edited)

29 minutes ago, Blue Draxel said:

I dunno. How do I compete against other aggro decks? Do I have to out aggro them by simply outplaying them, get some better cards or smth like that?

Better cards, well... If you're not playing Forest. :P There are very few cards that can compete with those, nowadays. And they don't belong to Forest.

Killing them before they become a factor is the easiest way. That's why Gemstone is meh: she's not fast enough, and unlike Fairy Driver, you can't hit face.

You're going in the right direction with your deck. Liza is great (but not against Themis, she only protects from damage). Ephemera should be included 2x at least. If you get rid of Cages and Gemstones, you could fit in Ancient Elves and some other useful early game tools.

Edited by midgardsormr

32 minutes ago, midgardsormr said:

Better cards, well... If you're not playing Forest. :P There are very few cards that can compete with those, nowadays. And they don't belong to Forest.

Killing them before they become a factor is the easiest way. That's why Gemstone is meh: she's not fast enough, and unlike Fairy Driver, you can't hit face.

You're going in the right direction with your deck. Liza is great (but not against Themis, she only protects from damage). Ephemera should be included 2x at least. If you get rid of Cages and Gemstones, you could fit in Ancient Elves and some other useful early game tools.

You sure the Cages are unecessary? They seem like rlly useful cards to meh. Also, I think I should keep at least 1 Gemstone, just in case rng hates me.

And how would Ancient Elf fit in with this deck? Is it just the overall noiceness of having a potential 6/7 follower?

What are some other useful early game tools?

2 hours ago, Blue Draxel said:

You sure the Cages are unecessary? They seem like rlly useful cards to meh. Also, I think I should keep at least 1 Gemstone, just in case rng hates me.

And how would Ancient Elf fit in with this deck? Is it just the overall noiceness of having a potential 6/7 follower?

What are some other useful early game tools?

If you include more fairy generators (Water Fairy, Whisperer, Brambles, Circle), removing maybe some of your 1-ofs, you shouldn't need Cage.

When you have a lot of 1-2pp followers, Ancient Elf can be devastating. Especially if you have some good cheap fanfares, like Elf Child May, Whisperer, Blessed Fairy Dancer, Liza. You will usually end up with a 4/5 Ward by turn 3. There are very few decks around that can deal with that. Also, you can use it to bounce your fairies back and use them later with Driver to hit face.

Good early game tools are Sylvan Justice (that also gives you a fairy), Elf Child May (especially good if you include Ancient Elf + maybe Nature's Guidance or Pixie Mischief) and Brambles (but you already have 3 of those).

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, midgardsormr said:

If you include more fairy generators (Water Fairy, Whisperer, Brambles, Circle), removing maybe some of your 1-ofs, you shouldn't need Cage.

When you have a lot of 1-2pp followers, Ancient Elf can be devastating. Especially if you have some good cheap fanfares, like Elf Child May, Whisperer, Blessed Fairy Dancer, Liza. You will usually end up with a 4/5 Ward by turn 3. There are very few decks around that can deal with that. Also, you can use it to bounce your fairies back and use them later with Driver to hit face.

Good early game tools are Sylvan Justice (that also gives you a fairy), Elf Child May (especially good if you include Ancient Elf + maybe Nature's Guidance or Pixie Mischief) and Brambles (but you already have 3 of those).

Screenshot_20170812-183702.thumb.png.86b344411dc847a120852cb84dbec9d6.png

There, made some extra changes to help with the overall spammability of my fairies. Now where could I fit Ancient Elf in this deck? Maybe removing x1 Cybele?

Edited by Blue Draxel

1 minute ago, Blue Draxel said:

Screenshot_20170812-183702.thumb.png.86b344411dc847a120852cb84dbec9d6.png

There, made some extra changes to help with the overall spammability of my fairies. Now where could I fit Ancient Elf in this deck?

-1 fairy champion

-1 Cybele

-1 cage

+3 AE

Or you could remove Angelic Knight and maybe Ephemera and Fairy cage, get rid of some of those 1 offs.

23 minutes ago, Imperial Dane said:

Or you could remove Angelic Knight and maybe Ephemera and Fairy cage, get rid of some of those 1 offs.

That seems good. But I like Angelic Knight.... It's a ward and it's effect is pretty dope.

26 minutes ago, Alexx55 said:

-1 fairy champion

-1 Cybele

-1 cage

+3 AE

Maybe Cybele but I need dat Fairy Champion. Might help a bit in early game, y'know?

Wai... AE is a legendary doe... uhhh. Might have to hold off on that until later... How many vials do you start off with when you first install the game?

13 minutes ago, Blue Draxel said:

Wai... AE is a legendary doe... uhhh. Might have to hold off on that until later... How many vials do you start off with when you first install the game?

Depends on how ruthless you are willing to be with liquefaction. Assuming that you hold onto all your Animated, Gold, and Legendary cards, each pack is worth an average of 170 or so vials. You start with 40 packs, so if you netdeck very specifically you can indeed get any Legendary you want out of the chaffe cards. Ancient Elf is something you want a playset of, and that takes a little bit more work. But basically every 21 packs you open gets you a Legendary of your choice if you just purge all the Bronze and Silver cards. That's a couple of weeks of playing Missions.

33 minutes ago, Blue Draxel said:

That seems good. But I like Angelic Knight.... It's a ward and it's effect is pretty dope.

So is Ancient elf and a better one, also more expensive but the price tends to be worth it.