Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nerf Eachtar

Nerf Eachtar

108 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, Patrickzzz said:

Shadows are a nearly entirely manageable resource, the only thing the opponent can do to disrupt it is either banish your cards(not a lot of options on doing this) or ignore your board(in this case Eachtar is still great) other than that is all up to the user's choice. No good Shadow player would use all of their shadows on Death's Breath if they planed to use Eachtar next turn, which is why the only case where Eachtar is a bad play which is having no board and no shadows almost never happens.

Also that's hardly a "one of many" situation, you handpicked one of the only two followers in the game that are outside of Eachtars empty board rush range. The fact is that using Eachtar with only 3 Shadows is already a decent enough play, and having 6 shadows is already very overvalued and usually enough to clear most big threats. And chances are you will have more than that.

For the card design thing it can be solid ground to hit them depending on your perspective, competitive stats are important but not the only thing that matters, to me a balanced game with horrible design will still be a bad game. Shadowverse is still far from that, but when i see they releasing stuff like Eachtar and Spawn it gets me a little worried. But they did nerf SW which was also a card that had basically no weaknesses even tho she wasn't overperforming so i think at least one person at Cygames agrees with me.

But if the only thing that makes a card worth nerfing for you is overperforming then we aren't going to agree on this since Eachtar.dek still isn't. Although even in that aspect imo leaving a card that problematic as it is will either limit Shadow's design a lot(Like Dshift did to Spellboost) or if they don't respect that limit it will be a disaster waiting to happen (Like Baphomet did to Spawn).

But at least we can agree that Dshift is abysmal.

Sigh...... so you are now saying that you would never be in a situation where you had to drop deaths breath and burn most/all your shadows to stay alive because you planned to use eachtar next turn. How fascinating. And it how is it handpicked when you already restricted me from all the other more optimal plays and card combinations? Remember, this isnt about him having value on play its about him having excellent value and comparatively speaking, he can be outclassed in several situations. (otherwise albert among many others needs a nerf too because they always provide some form of value) Provided the restrictions you gave me I gave you the most recent example I personally experienced. (literally the last game I played on ranked) 

If you want another example, you can be forced into burning a soul squisher to kill an evo'd albert turn 5 and then burn the rest of your resources on deaths breath the following turn in a desperate attempt to stay alive against neutral/aggro sword. In this case, you can have roughly the same amount of resources (I only had 4 shadows) and will likely have to burn an evo to kill 2 things and try to stabilize. In all likelyhood, due to the sheer amount of damage you are taking (plus super annoying cards like council of card knights flooding the board with high pressure followers) and the lack of shadows available it would be better in this case to try and use things like zombie party to try and pick things off and ramp shadows for a stronger play later on that could actually win you the game rather then burn your eachtar then and likely lose by not having a win condition later.  I had another moment against control sword with roland+frontguard general and another against a Nep decks Highway man. Are these situations uncommon? Sure but there are many and that is my point. Now lets move on from this already because its clearly getting us nowhere. 

Anyway It definitely looks like we are not going to agree here as we view the game from different perspectives. You look at cards and I look at decks. Because a deck can have the strongest card in the whole game and still suck while a deck composed of average cards can be good due to things like synergy. A deck is the sum of its parts, not just 1 super strong card.  Though I do see the argument for a card limiting future design. HOWEVER, Dshift itself shows that cygames are aware of the "problem" cards and can efficiently design around them. I am all for nerfing Eachtar if he goes the way of baph and becomes an actual problem but until then we should treat it like dshift and leave it alone. I dont want to see more decks suffer the same fate as Dragon and aegis, being kicked further down when they were never an issue. 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Patrickzzz said:

But they did nerf SW which was also a card that had basically no weaknesses

wat.

1 person likes this

Well to me having to design around it is a bit of a problem in itself.

Imagine all the cool Spellboost stuff we could have if Dshift didn't exist? But then again it's not ruining anybody's life it just feels like it's wasting a lot of potential.

D shift is the most impressive card design of them all, and I'm being serious.  The "extra turn" concept is absolutely awesome and if it didn't exist the game would be way more mundane.  Lots of potential?  D shift isn't potential, it is perfection.

I want as much variety in the game as possible, and the 'extra turn' D shift adds a ton to that.  Removing it would just make the game much more mundane.  

15 minutes ago, SNOWMEXICAN said:

wat.

Exactly, it sucks at face damage, that is a huge weakness.  It is a goblin before you trade it into something, against slow decks that don't play many followers it can be ignored completely while taking a tiny 1 damage to the face rather than 2.  Evolved it will deal 2, while most other cards deal 4. 

Much bigger weakness than Albert.  

not only that, it's also weak to Blackened Scripture and Kaleidoscopic Glow. while the former is from the same craft, glow comes from rune which can very easily trample over haven.

Edited by SNOWMEXICAN
1 person likes this

You mean the removals that also remove ALL other 2 drops? Oh boy what a huge weakness definitely trash tier.

Except you gain much more leverage using these removals against Snow White particularly compared to other 2 drops. For instance you wouldn't glow a Shadow's Demon Eater. And nobody said Snow White was trash tier, we were just questioning your claim of "basically no weaknesses". Get off your high horse.

I already stated the obvious weaknesses of Snow white.  She had a weakness pre nerf, which is plain for anyone to see.  So the claim she has no weakness is factually false.