Morrigan

Next Expansion Card Theory Fun

125 posts in this topic

43 minutes ago, Morrigan said:

I see what you are doing here, boi xD

Surely i have no idea what you are talking about Mistress Morri.

Posted (edited)

Interesting thread.

Some cards are pretty cool. Others a bit too OP.

14 hours ago, Katsuki.Kagemiyo said:

Dominating Queen - 5 Pp - Gold

4/4

Necromancy (4) : Destroy one of your follower and reduce the attack power of an ennemy follower by the attack power of your follower (not sur if that sentence is correct, if you can correct me and help me to improve, i will be grateful)

I would like to see some more cards with this kind of effect(stats reduction).👆

You can rephrase the card effect as; Necromancy (4) : Destroy an allied follower and reduce the attack of an enemy follower by the attack of the destroyed follower.

Edited by Aitl

From all the new cards people have thought of, I personally like Caustic Breath the most. Though I'd make it 3PP instead of 4.

From me a new bunch of cards for every craft for my expansion. An extra card for Neutral because I previously deleted Andromeda from my set. (note: Will of the Seraph is a token card)

Atalanta.jpg

Kayn the Swashbuckler.jpg

Research.jpg

Martial Artist.jpg

Ritual of the Dead.jpg

Claws of Torment.jpg

Madness.jpg

Tyr Celestial Being.jpg

Will of the Seraph.jpg

Kikimora.jpg

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, SNOWMEXICAN said:

From all the new cards people have thought of, I personally like Caustic Breath the most. Though I'd make it 3PP instead of 4.

From me a new bunch of cards for every craft for my expansion. An extra card for Neutral because I previously deleted Andromeda from my set. (note: Will of the Seraph is a token card)

Atalanta.jpg

Kayn the Swashbuckler.jpg

Research.jpg

Martial Artist.jpg

Ritual of the Dead.jpg

Claws of Torment.jpg

Madness.jpg

Tyr Celestial Being.jpg

Will of the Seraph.jpg

Kikimora.jpg

Atlanta and kyn supposed to be gold follower in my mind , well if tyr will be printed, i think rip aggro lel xD

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, SNOWMEXICAN said:

Will of the Seraph.jpg

My first thought > Requiescat in pace to a certain 2PP follower. 

Know it's probably been mentioned before now, but can we get a reverse Nephys for Haven? xD not sure how overpowered it'd be, but I'm sure someone could balance it for me.

I just realized I posted the wrong version of Atalanta. Indeed she's pretty strong with those abilities right now for a bronze (she was initially a silver). I'll put the correct version in this post. I'll also think about changing Kayn to make him less powerful.

7 hours ago, Aitl said:

My first thought > Requiescat in pace to a certain 2PP follower. 

Well, said follower can be put in your deck while Will of the Seraph can't; you need to have Tyr and evolve it. So you can have up to 3 amulets if you're going second, or up to 2 if you're going first. And the earliest you can play the amulet is on turn 5 or 6. Nonetheless Tyr's goal is to bring out-of-meta tools to counter amulets for aggro decks since it's a very powerful follower for Control. Stuff like Goetia Mage, for example, which is a 3 mana destroy an amulet. I do think the effect being EoT could be too powerful so I'm thinking of changing it to SoT instead.

Atalanta.jpg

Is there some kind of card maker or are you guys just really good at editing?

1 hour ago, Patrickzzz said:

Is there some kind of card maker or are you guys just really good at editing?

I've been using http://www.shadowcards.net/

It runs on the page itself, but if you make a card it is best to download the photo, because they only host the images for 3 days. Which is why some of the cards people posted above are busted.

1 person likes this

Veteran Standardbearer

Swordcraft, Bronze

3pp 2/2

Fanfare : Give all allied followers +1/0 until the end of turn.

Evolve : 3/3. If you have 3 or more officers in play, give all allied officers +1/+1 until the end of turn.

Stubborn Hedge Knight

Forestcraft, Silver

4pp 3/4

Fanfare : If your opponent has fewer cards in hand than you, deal 2 damage to an enemy follower and gain Ward.

Evolve : 4/5. Deal 2 damage to an enemy follower.

Rusted Golem

Shadowcraft, Silver

3pp 2/3

Fanfare : Necromancy (4) Can't be attacked by a follower with 2 or less attack. Ward

Twisted Ritual

Runecraft. Gold

Earth Rite 5pp

Deal 2 damage to all enemy followers.

Corrupted Paladin

Bloodcraft. Silver

3pp 4/5

Fanfare : If not in vengeance lose -2/-2 of stats.

Evolve : If your opponent has less than 10 health, gain Bane.

So, since I do not know anything about RoB or Granblue Fantasy, I took some SSR characters from Granblue (by random draw) and tried to make them into legendaries. Going based on limited info and whatever is on the English wiki, but here people go. 

Alluring Thief, Catherine

Swordcraft

Legendary Officer

4pp 1/2 (3/4 evolve) Ambush

When Alluring Thief, Catherine attacks an enemy follower, banish her and her target. At the start of your next turn, resummon Alluring Thief, Catherine and whomever she targeted on your side of the field.

Scathacha

Dragoncraft

Legendary

6pp 4/2 (6/4 evolve)

Fanfare: She cannot be targeted or damaged by attacks, spells, or enemy effects until the start of your next turn. If there are more than 4 followers, give all allied followers on their field +1/+0 and all damage that is done to a follower is reduced by 2.

Village Girl, Metera

Forestcraft

Legendary

5pp 3/3 (4/4 evolve) Rush and have the ability to ignore ward

Fanfare: Choose an enemy follower. It cannot attack next turn. 

Clash: Destroy an enemy follower if they cannot attack.

Evolve: Choose an enemy follower. It cannot attack next turn. 

Cosmopolitan, Metera

Bloodcraft

Legendary

5pp 3/3 (4/4 evolve) Have the ability to ignore ward

Fanfare: Deal 1 damage to all enemies. 

At the end of your turn, deal 3 damage to a random enemy follower. Take 1 damage afterwards if vengeance is not active.

Evolve: Choose an enemy follower. It cannot attack next turn. 

At the end of your turn, deal 4 damage to a random enemy follower. Take 1 damage afterwards if vengeance is not active.

Designer, Korwa

Runecraft

Legendary

3pp 1/2 (3/4 evolve)

Fanfare: Turn all earth sigils on the field into Espirit, Col, and Astuce (if there are more than 4 Earth Sigils, the 4th one is turned into Espirit)

Espirit, Astuce, and Col are all 2pp Earth Sigils. Espirit has Last words: Give a random allied follower +2/+0. Col has Last Words: Restore 4 defense to your leader. Astuce has Last Words: Give a random allied follower Storm.

Commander Vira

Shadowcraft

Legendary

4pp 3/3 (5/5 evolve)

Fanfare: All allied followers are immune to being given the inability to attack and stat changes from enemy spells and effects. All allies will be destroyed instead when they would be banished. 

Clash: Reduce the enemy's attack by 1.

If Commander Vira lives after destroying an enemy follower in battle, restore 2 defense to her. 

Bulwark Baotorda

Havencraft

Legendary

7pp 3/7 (5/9 evolve)

While Bulwark Baotorda is in play, all allies cannot receive more than 3 damage at a time. In addition, the first enemy spell that targets Bulwark Baotorda is nullified.

That card cannot function as it is currently written. If it were a fanfare then you would get the effect off once and then the countdown 5 is nothing more then a punishment as it eats up board space while constantly banishing your cards. A very odd card design tbh....

If it is a continuous effect then it would need to trigger at a certain time otherwise it just banishes your stuff endlessly until you are finally out of 7+ play point followers. 

That said, the card suddenly becomes unplayable if it were at the start or end of the turn that it triggered. 

Under the assumption that it is a fanfare then yeah.... I certainly look forward to seeing triple storming bahamut/israfil/lucifer that I could do nothing about since all your followers were "hiding" in your amulets that just broke at the start of your turn. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I see i should change it to random havencraft follower only, also no banish amulet required then. xD my first time sorry. 

PhotoGrid_1502503842822.jpg

Ramp dragon trump card againts elena haven and nep deck. This card treated amulet as 0/1 follower.

PhotoGrid_1502503786990.jpg

Aria, Urias sister. Vengeance blood is more fun.

Edited by Noctarplz

6 hours ago, Noctarplz said:

PhotoGrid_1502499010876.jpg

I rather like this. xD summon Aegis x3, Aegis is immune to banish, instant concede and probably uninstall from the opponent lol.

4 hours ago, Othello said:

I rather like this. xD summon Aegis x3, Aegis is immune to banish, instant concede and probably uninstall from the opponent lol.

That's what i wanted too,  since aegish is immune to banish. xD

Well had a thought recently about clash. It's a keyword which i figure could be used for some potential synergies for the classes that has them and thusly make the clash cards themselves a bit more valuable than they currently are.

so here are a few attempts to maybe make clash a bit more relevant as a keyword.

Elven Wizard.

Forestcraft Bronze

3pp 2/3

Every time clash is activated, put a fairy into your hand.

Ambrosius, Knight of the White Woods

Forestcraft Gold

5pp 4/4

Every time clash is activated. Gain +1/+1.

Ambitious Lieutenant.

Swordcraft Silver

4pp 3/4

Every time  clash is activated, summon a Heavy Knight.

Blood Fencer

Bloodcraft Bronze

2pp 2/2

Every time clash is activated, gain +1/0 until the end of turn.

Posted (edited)

Well since my fanmade expansion only has a few more cards to be revealed. 21, to be exact. I'll post small bunches of cards, but hopefully more often. It'll be 3 for each craft, except Sword and Rune which have 1 and 2 cards left respectively.

So we're gonna start off with Forest's last cards.

Gloria Woodland Knight.jpg

Lina and Lena.jpg

Simorgh.jpg

So this brings a close to Forest's cards in my Tides of Blood expansion. A small summary of the cards:

Legendary: On The Hunt; Yggdrasil

Gold: Gloria, Woodland Knight; Jade Dragon; Arch Druidess Rhonwen

Silver: Elven Magic of Rejuvenation; Ninetails; Master Archer; Lina and Lena

Bronze: Simorgh; Healing Rhythm Dance; Grovekeeper; Atalanta

Edited by SNOWMEXICAN

Sword + Rune card reveals combined.

Buccaneer.jpg

Runie Transcender of Fate.jpg

Energy Discharge.jpg

A small summary of the Sword cards:

Legendary: Blade of Judgment; Alwida the Triumphant

Gold: Ghost Hunter Phoebe; Storm Lancer; Seaside Tournament

Silver: Navy Sergeant; Siegmund; Kayn the Swashbuckley; Quickening

Bronze: Heavy Cavalier; Decoy; Enraged General; Buccaneer

A small summary of the Rune cards:

Legendary: Infernal Torrent; Runie, Transcender of Fate

Gold: Messenger of Fate; Energy Discharge; Spinaria

Silver: Research; Protective Charm; Wise Sage; Berserk Chimera

Bronze: Lightning Striker; Mud Shot; Archaeologist; Chant of Destruction

Edited by SNOWMEXICAN

Buccaneer belongs to neutral or runecraft with that text since Swordcraft card conditions are more or less always based on board rather than on hand. Rather important element about swordcraft design.

Truthfully I made Buccaneer's fanfare trigger with a Commander in play but thought it would have been pretty difficult to use it since there are very few 3 and lower cost Commanders that can actually stay on board so I changed it to how it is right now. Especially with all the 3 damage removals in the game. I might think about changing it again though.