Morrigan

Next Expansion Card Theory Fun

125 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Design a card or cards, just for fun, that could be a viable* addition to the next expansion. Would like to see some serious considerations on card design including new keyword mechanics if applicable.

*Chucklenuts cards need not apply @Ocean :P

Edited by Morrigan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Morrigan said:

Design a card or cards, just for fun, that could be a viable* addition to the next expansion. Would like to see some serious considerations on card design including new keyword mechanics if applicable.

*Chucklenuts cards need not apply @Ocean :P

The F is a chucklenut card? 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ocean said:

The F is a chucklenut card? 😂

xD😂 All the ones posted in your new Admin post

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Morrigan said:

xD😂 All the ones posted in your new Admin post

Ya know with this kind of attitude you're not really building good favor with the new administration. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Front line piercer Swordcraft officer. 4pp 1/5 evolved 3/7

When this follower attacks a follower with ward, gain Bane and Striketrough until the end of the turn.

Striketrough:Whenever a follower with Striketrough attacks a follower, deal this followers Attack to enemy leader.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Alexx55 said:

Front line piercer Swordcraft officer. 4pp 1/5 evolved 3/7

When this follower attacks a follower with ward, gain Bane and Striketrough until the end of the turn.

Striketrough:Whenever a follower with Striketrough attacks a follower, deal this followers Attack to enemy leader.

Strikethrough should be the difference between attack and defence. Not the cards attack as dmg. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Sure. I personally like designing cards by myself a lot. On my spare time I like coming up with new expansions providing as much new stuff as possible for each class. For example, Tides of Blood is an expansion I've thought of which revolves around the already established keyword Clash, as well as a newly introduced keyword Furor. The expansion also introduces Legendary spells for the first time. On top of that, Havencraft follower cards now possess new "affiliations", named Holy and Forsaken. (In this case, they'll be called traits because there is no keyword called "affiliation")

More info:

Quote

Furor: A new keyword introduced in Tides of Blood for followers. This keyword indicates an effect that happens when the follower takes damage. Furor abilities trigger before death. As such, followers with Furor will activate their Furor abilities even when taking fatal damage. However, Furor abilities do not trigger on destruction or banishment. A follower that gets destroyed or banished without taking any sort of damage will not trigger its Furor abilities. It is important to note that all damage will trigger Furor, whether it be from followers, spells, effects or amulets.

Quote

Forsaken: A group of humans and supernatural beings who have forsaken the way of the light. They still retain their humanity, but do not believe in prayers and the gods' protection. As such, these followers generally do not generate or rely on amulets in order to gain Tempo, but synergize very well with each other. Notable Forsaken followers: Zoe, Queen of Goldenia; Octobishop; Moon Al-mi'raj; Dark Jeanne.

Holy: The affiliation opposite to the Forsaken and also the more dominant one. They represent the traditional Havencraft.

Note that none of the art is official as well as the names. They're mostly just taken from the Rage of Bahamut game from the same company.

Metztli.jpg

Demonic Knight.jpg

Goblin Sapper.jpg

Enraged Warrior.jpg

Orchis Phantom Pain.jpg

Dragoon Strike.jpg

Protective Charm.jpg

Edited by SNOWMEXICAN
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, SNOWMEXICAN said:

Sure. I personally like designing cards by myself a lot. On my spare time I like coming up with new expansions providing as much new stuff as possible for each class. For example, Tides of Blood is an expansion I've thought of which revolves around the already established keyword Clash, as well as a newly introduced keyword Furor. The expansion also introduces Legendary spells for the first time. On top of that, Havencraft follower cards now possess new "affiliations", named Holy and Forsaken. (In this case, they'll be called traits because there is no keyword called "affiliation")

More info:

Note that none of the art is official as well as the names. They're mostly just taken from the Rage of Bahamut game from the same company.

Metztli.jpg

Demonic Knight.jpg

Goblin Sapper.jpg

Enraged Warrior.jpg

Orchis Phantom Pain.jpg

Dragoon Strike.jpg

Protective Charm.jpg

No Forestcraft cards. 0/10. 9_9

They seem all interesting, even if the Dragoon Strike seems a bit too strong. It's essentially Forte on steroids. Maybe the damage dealt should be toned down (4 instead of 6).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

IMG_0011.thumb.JPG.c5c66fbf901e23aad10266ff17bdd855.JPG

^_^

Edited by Morrigan
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Kinda meh on this.

IMG_0010.thumb.JPG.8ea84281636cc923426e82164204a5c4.JPG

Edited by Morrigan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Morrigan said:

IMG_0011.thumb.JPG.c5c66fbf901e23aad10266ff17bdd855.JPG

^_^

Dragon Pluto, I rather like it xD not sure on it being dragoncraft, but then we just got a friggin Lionman and a old man turtle soooooo.... guess it's okay. Makes me wish I was somewhat creative so I can't complain bout others havin a go, everything I'd make would be overpowered so should be directed @Ocean lol. 

 

13 minutes ago, Morrigan said:

Kinda meh on this.

IMG_0010.thumb.JPG.8ea84281636cc923426e82164204a5c4.JPG

Reckon this could work, maybe if it wasn't 3 def or less, but then it'd be Mordecai support cannon, think we make swordcrafters cry enough. Lol.

personally I'd want a amulet for Haven that's like one sided themis that pulses every turn just to sllllllooooow things right down, cause f u aggro decks.... and control sword.... and spawn blood.... >.> okay so basically everything, except dragon, they cool with me. *brofist Ouroboros* 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Morrigan said:

81803c0b.jpg

Am I missing something or is the power level of this card very low? Did you mean a random enemy follower?

Anyway here's my contribution to this thread l0l.

8f7468ad.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Yue said:

Am I missing something or is the power level of this card very low? Did you mean a random enemy follower?

Anyway here's my contribution to this thread l0l.

8f7468ad.jpg

It's a cat, should clearly be mutagenic bolts, gotta feed her somehow! Personally I like the idea of him destroying a allied follower, after all, you do have fenrirs sibling in Ouroboros which is a similar concept to Jormungandr. So it does rather work in a round about way xD 

maybe we can get a Jormungandr for dragon made, similar to carrabosse as a last words considering he's supposed to release a poison to kill off everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Othello said:

It's a cat, should clearly be mutagenic bolts, gotta feed her somehow!

If it's Mutagenic Bolt, the rat could just trade with her the following turn. Not exactly a fitting end for the mighty feline warlock. Plus I like the imagery of a cat spamming Witchbolts one after the other, leaving only ashes in her wake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Yue said:

If it's Mutagenic Bolt, the rat could just trade with her the following turn. Not exactly a fitting end for the mighty feline warlock. Plus I like the imagery of a cat spamming Witchbolts one after the other, leaving only ashes in her wake.

Clearly you don't know my cat, she howls at birds then scarpers as soon as they look, even though she's behind double glazed windows >.> <.< shhh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Yue said:

Am I missing something or is the power level of this card very low? Did you mean a random enemy follower?

Anyway here's my contribution to this thread l0l.

8f7468ad.jpg

I played with the idea of an enemy follower, but figured people would s*** frisbees about that. Plus, it would be a tech card with Ouro and all the big bads. xD

Your card should be renamed Time-worn Old Man Yue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Othello said:

Clearly you don't know my cat, she howls at birds then scarpers as soon as they look, even though she's behind double glazed windows >.> <.< shhh.

l0l

 

11 minutes ago, Morrigan said:

I played with the idea of an enemy follower, but figured people would s*** frisbees about that. Plus, it would be a tech card with Ouro and all the big bads. xD

Your card should be renamed Time-worn Old Man Yue.

The name Time-worn Old Man Yue is too long. And I'd probably want to make myself a Legendary, out of narcissism l0l.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

**** Just for Fenrir i would like to play as Dragoncraft :P Because in Vanguard, Fenrir was one of my main deck in Genesis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me, I would like to see an Runecraft's amulet (necklace) that spellboost your spell / unit by utilising Earth Rite, so a card that can give a mix of earth rite and spellboost.

Maybe and Legendarie that have Spellboost and Earthrite, for exemple :

Earth Sadism Wizard Girl - Legendari 8 Pp

Fanfare - Earthrite : Consume 1 Earth Rite to deal 1+Y damage to all ennemy follower (if there are no ennemy follower, deal 1+X damage to ennemy leader).

Spellboost : Deal 1 More damage

And I think attack should be 3 and 5 defense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, midgardsormr said:

No Forestcraft cards. 0/10. 9_9

They seem all interesting, even if the Dragoon Strike seems a bit too strong. It's essentially Forte on steroids. Maybe the damage dealt should be toned down (4 instead of 6).

You might be correct on the Dragoon Strike. Though it feels weird for it to deal an amount of damage that's different from Forte's base attack. That might just be me though. And for future reference, it's 5 damage not 6, but I still understand your point.

I knew I forgot Forest. So to compensate for this, here are a few I made.

Grovekeeper.jpg

Master Archer.jpg

Arch Druidess Rhonwen.jpg

Yggdrasil.jpg

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SNOWMEXICAN said:

You might be correct on the Dragoon Strike. Though it feels weird for it to deal an amount of damage that's different from Forte's base attack. That might just be me though. And for future reference, it's 5 damage not 6, but I still understand your point.

I knew I forgot Forest. So to compensate for this, here are a few I made.

Grovekeeper.jpg

Master Archer.jpg

Arch Druidess Rhonwen.jpg

Yggdrasil.jpg

Uuhh, these are very interesting. Now I want Yggdrasil. :P

(Sorry for Dragoon Strike, I wanted to say 5 -> 3 but for some reason I ended up writing 6 -> 4 9_9 )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since I'm in a good mood, I'll post some more I made. I hope at least some people enjoy reading those.

Elven Magic of Rejuvenation.jpg

Weedling of Rejuvenation.jpg

Seaside Tournament.jpg

Wretched Spawn.jpg

Lightning Striker.jpg

Bone Marauder.jpg

Noire Abyssal Seraph.jpg

Healing Cleric.jpg

Goblin Emperor.jpg

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How are you guys making these cards ?  I want to make some too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Alexx55 said:

Strikethrough:Whenever a follower with Striketrough attacks a follower, deal this followers Attack to enemy leader.

I really like this. I mean, Fangblade Slayer pretty much has this already but it would be good to make it an official keyword and would really benefit Sword tremendously rather than just giving it a bunch more Rush and Storm followers. 

As for myself, I was trying to think of cards that might help Support Cannon be an actually viable deck. Here's what I thought of (sorry I'm not making it a fancy card with art and everything) and full disclaimer I don't know if these would be balanced, just having fun.

Requisitions Officer
Bronze Follower
Officer
3 PP
2/2 > 4/4
Fanfare: Put a random amulet from your deck into your hand.

Hold the Line
Gold Spell
4 PP
Summon 3 Stoic Sentinels.
Enhance 6: Give all Stoic Sentinels +2/+0

Stoic Sentinel
Bronze Follower
Officer
1 PP
0/3 > 2/5
Ward

Luminous Valkyrie
Gold Follower
Commander
7 PP
3/3 > 5/5
Fanfare: Summon a Luminous Valkyrie, then evolve it.
Allied Commanders that come into play gain +1/+0

So the theory is pretty obvious. Requisitions Officer turn 3 to pull Support Cannon, Hold the Line turn 4 to try to not get horribly murdered, support cannon turn 5. Luminous Valkyrie obviously would be a strong play with a support cannon as it would fire the cannon twice and then have her clone evo to give it rush, plus it has luminous standard built in. Maybe that's too much (see my disclaimer above!) but Eachtar is still a thing and he's a board clear, fill, and buff so I'm keeping it! B|

EDIT: I see a lot of Sword stuff that has effect based off the enemy having a board, like Aurelia. Gain whatever based off how many followers enemy has on board. I have to say I just dislike these kind of effects. Sword needs to control the board and if the enemy has more of a board then you, you're in trouble! Is there a way to create fair cards that punish the enemy for not having a board? This would especially help Sword against Rune and Haven. Something that gains +1/+1 if there are 2 or less enemy followers on board or gains Storm if there are 2 or less enemy followers on board? Just spitballing here. 

Edited by cypherhalo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now