Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aru're

The Two Brands of Elana Haven I've Been Playing

9 posts in this topic

I wasn't much of an Elana player before this expansion hit, but at the start of this expansion I grew interested in trying out a rather interesting concept for an Elana deck that featured some of the new cards Havencraft got this expansion. The concept was that you put Elana's Prayer into your deck as your only amulet, and use Uriel to fetch them. The normal lack of card draw that your deck would have without Sacred Plea gets compensated for by Monk of Purification and the Monastic Holy Waters he provides. The result is that you find Elana's Prayer every game since you effectively have 5 Elana's in your deck with the Uriels you have.

Decklist

More recently I got interested in trying out a Storm Elana hybrid that gets to create massive falcons through combining Tenko, Elana's Prayer, and the many generators of Holy Falcons present in the deck. This leads to you getting massive heal value from a single turn with Tenko, which can feed into massive damage when coupled with Kel or Elana's Prayer. This is a relatively recent list, and needs a lot of tweaking, and as a result I could use some feedback on this list.

Decklist

Here are a couple of videos, one with the pure Elana list and one with the Storm Elana list.

Some rather interesting decks, would like to see a bit more of the storm Elana, but damn that dragoncraft was greedy, but maybe I'm in the wrong for thinking he should have traded the goblin Mage into the 6/2. xD nice work though, looks like a lot of fun, would certainly like to see the numbers you can get with Elanas out.

5 hours ago, Othello said:

Some rather interesting decks, would like to see a bit more of the storm Elana, but damn that dragoncraft was greedy, but maybe I'm in the wrong for thinking he should have traded the goblin Mage into the 6/2. xD nice work though, looks like a lot of fun, would certainly like to see the numbers you can get with Elanas out.

That game I definitely felt that the Dragoncraft player was too greedy, although this stems more from the fact that you literally can't leave Tenko alive rather than having to kill the 6/2.

It's also fairly difficult to get Elana's Prayer out with a setup that contains Falcons and Tenko. The dream curve is turn 1 Sacred Plea/Pinion Prayer, turn 2 Beastcall Aria, turn 3 Divine Birdsong, turn 4 Elana's Prayer, turn 5 Tenko, but that curve also means you are probably dead if your opponent is playing aggro.

2 minutes ago, Aru're said:

That game I definitely felt that the Dragoncraft player was too greedy, although this stems more from the fact that you literally can't leave Tenko alive rather than having to kill the 6/2.

It's also fairly difficult to get Elana's Prayer out with a setup that contains Falcons and Tenko. The dream curve is turn 1 Sacred Plea/Pinion Prayer, turn 2 Beastcall Aria, turn 3 Divine Birdsong, turn 4 Elana's Prayer, turn 5 Tenko, but that curve also means you are probably dead if your opponent is playing aggro.

true enough, except he left the Tenko too. would have put the two 3/3s into Tenko, and the 5/6 into the Tiger, which would have left a clear board except for the Goblin Mage he got for free,  they were on 18 health, she could have afforded to stall lethal an extra turn or two to cement board presence, but then, that might be why I fail at playing Storm Haven, I trade too much. xD this whole metas no good for my health. lol.

13 minutes ago, Othello said:

true enough, except he left the Tenko too. would have put the two 3/3s into Tenko, and the 5/6 into the Tiger, which would have left a clear board except for the Goblin Mage he got for free,  they were on 18 health, she could have afforded to stall lethal an extra turn or two to cement board presence, but then, that might be why I fail at playing Storm Haven, I trade too much. xD this whole metas no good for my health. lol.

Actually, it would have left a Holy Falcon on the board, which I could have then traded into the Goblin Mage.

3 minutes ago, Aru're said:

Actually, it would have left a Holy Falcon on the board, which I could have then traded into the Goblin Mage.

well, yes, but really, a 2/1, or a 6/2? I'm guessing by their play they had Blazing Breaths still. but I'm guessing they were mostly just hoping you'd attack twice, then their two 3/3s would finish you, but still...greedy as hell gameplay.

2 hours ago, Othello said:

well, yes, but really, a 2/1, or a 6/2? I'm guessing by their play they had Blazing Breaths still. but I'm guessing they were mostly just hoping you'd attack twice, then their two 3/3s would finish you, but still...greedy as hell gameplay.

If my opponent had a Blazing Breath he would have used it on the Holyflame Tiger since my opponent floated a play point on his turn 5 while playing Feena.

And if they were hoping I would attack twice then they got their wish, only the result was less than flattering for my opponent.

I modified the Storm Elana deck slightly by replacing a Healing Angel with an Elana's Prayer.

I noticed in a lot of games where I had the Elana's Prayer and enough healing I could snowball a board rather quickly, and that made it valuable enough to include a third copy of it. Healing Angel, on the other hand, isn't all that effective without some sort of healing synergies or when getting bodied by aggro, but it's still perfectly fine as a 3-drop and gets enough value out of Elana's Prayer to justify keeping 2 copies in the deck.

Had a sick game with the Storm Elana version the other day.

Notice my health total across multiple turns. I would practically die to Albert on any turn except the one turn it mattered, and just because my opponent didn't pull it I was able to clutch out a win in the end through big Tenko value.