2StepsFromHeaven

Beginner asking for help on deck construction

15 posts in this topic

Hello everyone. This is my first post on this forum and I've just started playing this game (installed 3 days ago). I opened my free packs and would like to know if there is any good pack I can construct with them. I'm only going to list the legendary and gold cards. Here they are: 

Neutral- Demonic Simulacrum, Altered Fate, Uriel, Alice Wonderland Explorer, Hector, Arriet Soothing Harpist, Lucifer.

Forestcraft- Magical Fairy Lilac, Crystalia Tia, Fairy Princess, Grand Archer Selwyn, Beauty and the Beast.

Swordcraft- Front Lines, Maisy Red Riding Hood, Castle in the Sky, Council of Card Knights, Arthurian Light, Tsubaki, Leonidas.

Runecraft- First Curse, Falise Leonardian Mage, Rimewind, Professor of Taboos.

Dragoncraft- Rahab x2, Wyrm Spire, Imperial Dragoon.

Shadowcraft- Little Soulsquasher, Ded Moroz, Nephthys.

Bloodcraft- Sadistic night, Lethal blade, Beast Dominator, Soul Dominator.

Havencraft- Love's Gospel, Dark Offering, Winged Sentinel Garuda, Valhallan General, Chorus of Prayer, Lion of the Golden City.

Also, I have linked my PC and android accounts. If I were to delete my game data on my android device, would it also affect my PC progress (in case these cards are not good and I want to start over)?

Thank you in advance for your help :)

6 hours ago, 2StepsFromHeaven said:

Hello everyone. This is my first post on this forum and I've just started playing this game (installed 3 days ago). I opened my free packs and would like to know if there is any good pack I can construct with them. I'm only going to list the legendary and gold cards. Here they are: 

Neutral- Demonic Simulacrum, Altered Fate, Uriel, Alice Wonderland Explorer, Hector, Arriet Soothing Harpist, Lucifer.

Forestcraft- Magical Fairy Lilac, Crystalia Tia, Fairy Princess, Grand Archer Selwyn, Beauty and the Beast.

Swordcraft- Front Lines, Maisy Red Riding Hood, Castle in the Sky, Council of Card Knights, Arthurian Light, Tsubaki, Leonidas.

Havencraft- Love's Gospel, Dark Offering, Winged Sentinel Garuda, Valhallan General, Chorus of Prayer, Lion of the Golden City.

Also, I have linked my PC and android accounts. If I were to delete my game data on my android device, would it also affect my PC progress (in case these cards are not good and I want to start over)?

You got quite a few good ones, some rather bad ones, nothing to make a specific deck with, but you got the basis for a few just from what you've provided, neutral haven, nephys shadowcraft, the rest seems like bit of a hodgepodge, so that'd depend on the other cards you have, and don't forget to do the story modes since you do get extra cards that are very useful.

personally I'm not sure on what's happen since I've not bothered to reroll the free packs, but I'd imagine your current data would be fine, if you delete the app, but I'm not sure so don't quote me on this haha.

Your pulls are not bad, but not exceptional either.

You are lucky though: your neutral Alice will help you in building quite a few decent decks useful for your first weeks (and maybe more). Together with Hector and Arriet, you can put together a Neutral Forest (adding Beauty and the Beast), a Neutral Sword (with Maisy and Council) and maybe a Neutral Rune (with Falise).

I can't help you regarding your concerns about data linking: I have rerolled before linking my account, so I don't know what happens if you delete data with the account already linked. :/

58 minutes ago, Othello said:

You got quite a few good ones, some rather bad ones, nothing to make a specific deck with, but you got the basis for a few just from what you've provided, neutral haven, nephys shadowcraft, the rest seems like bit of a hodgepodge, so that'd depend on the other cards you have, and don't forget to do the story modes since you do get extra cards that are very useful.

personally I'm not sure on what's happen since I've not bothered to reroll the free packs, but I'd imagine your current data would be fine, if you delete the app, but I'm not sure so don't quote me on this haha.

28 minutes ago, midgardsormr said:

Your pulls are not bad, but not exceptional either.

You are lucky though: your neutral Alice will help you in building quite a few decent decks useful for your first weeks (and maybe more). Together with Hector and Arriet, you can put together a Neutral Forest (adding Beauty and the Beast), a Neutral Sword (with Maisy and Council) and maybe a Neutral Rune (with Falise).

I can't help you regarding your concerns about data linking: I have rerolled before linking my account, so I don't know what happens if you delete data with the account already linked. :/

Thank you both for your answers. I'm not a fan of sword, rune and bloodcraft (didnt quite enjoy them) and I don't think I'll be playing decks involving these classes. I did erase my data, and apparently a new account was created (the ID changed) so I think i can relink it with my PC. I'll erase it until I get some very good cards and then link it again >_< . Is there any good website where I can see how good my cards are and what decks I can build with these cards, because I think I'll be doing a lot of rerolls. Again, than you for your responses.

1 minute ago, 2StepsFromHeaven said:

Thank you both for your answers. I'm not a fan of sword, rune and bloodcraft (didnt quite enjoy them) and I don't think I'll be playing decks involving these classes. I did erase my data, and apparently a new account was created (the ID changed) so I think i can relink it with my PC. I'll erase it until I get some very good cards and then link it again >_< . Is there any good website where I can see how good my cards are and what decks I can build with these cards, because I think I'll be doing a lot of rerolls. Again, than you for your responses.

Well, personally with the amount of free packs you get, I wouldn't bother with rerolling, even if you liquified everything you won't use (personally, forest n blood) you'd have more than enough vials for a decent deck, even more so with how prominent neutral us, but whatever floats your boat honestly. You can always look at https://shadowverse.gamepress.gg/ it has plenty of decks and info, find a style you like and have a mess around to find something that works for you.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

18 minutes ago, 2StepsFromHeaven said:

Difficult to answer here. The new expansion has been released just a week ago, so the value of new legendaries may increase or decrease, depending on how meta evolves.

Othello linked you a decent website to use as a reference. There you can find a rerolling guide that also lists good legendaries you want to look for. Of course, this is not updated with Wonderland Dreams. As far as WD is concerned, the most popular legendaries at the moment for this expansion are neutral Alice, Snow White and Lion of the Golden City for Haven, Cinderella for Sword, Oz for Rune, Spawn of the Abyss for Blood, Beauty and the Beast for Forest, and maybe Dark Alice for Shadow and Jabberwock for Dragon, but these 2 seem too inconsistent right now. As I said this list could change in the next weeks though.

Edited by midgardsormr
1 person likes this

Definitely take Othellos advice and run the story missions as well as doing the Elite difficulty ones, they nab you 200 gold each which you can use to buy more packs and that will give you more to work with in terms of where to go from there.

The only other advice that I strongly recommend, is not building one top tier deck (if you plan to netdeck) and try to burn up the ladder. The Score rewards are nice but if you go into it with one great deck, you'll eventually hit a wall. Focus in on working a few decks of different crafts that work and go from there.

1 person likes this

15 hours ago, 2StepsFromHeaven said:

To put some light on your data link question you can "reroll" as many times as you want...rather quickly just by uninstalling the game then reinstalling it. It'll automatically start you with a brand new character and take you through the beginning tutorial then you can open your free packs again...if you get bad pulls just go to date link and I'll tell you do you want to link your current one and lose your old one..or so you want to switch back to the old one. You can do this as many times as you want. However as stated above your luck will be about the same each time so you'll just be wasting your time when you could be progressin through story mode for each class and getting those very vital rewards early on. As mentioned each elite and elite 2 you battle gives you rubies. Plus chapters 8 of each class gives you take two arena tickets...which you can use to go in the arena for free and try your luck...and no matter how you do you'll get a standard pack so that's 7 more packs. The game is very generous and you'll get a collection going in no time 🙂 good luck and feel free to shoot questions my way. I'll be glad to help 

Posted (edited)

Just a quick addendum, you can receive up to another 20 packs from completing Private Matches with other players - there's a thread for this, so you can use it for a quick start. At low ranks a lot of decks will be budget/incomplete and won't always have (be able to afford) the best play to make on a specific turn, which from personal experience made it pretty difficult for me to pick up knowledge on SV until I committed to ladder hard much later. This sense is what informs all your deckbuilding, tech and play decisions later on. I came across my first Seraph, for example, 3 months into the game despite the fact that I'd been technically losing games to any Haven deck with access to that card all along.

Fortunately, there's quite a bit of literature on SV from various sources (not only this forum, but others with more knowledge of links will have to help me here), and suprisingly I've found that the AIs in practice mode are a very good example of synergy with curves, particularly the Elite ones. They're programmed to usually make the best play on every turn for that class, most usually. I still use them today as a benchmark test for whether my new decks can stand up to a basic, near-perfect curve.

Good luck!

Edited by Unryuu

On 2017.07.6. at 8:08 AM, Unryuu said:

Just a quick addendum, you can receive up to another 20 packs from completing Private Matches with other players - there's a thread for this, so you can use it for a quick start. At low ranks a lot of decks will be budget/incomplete and won't always have (be able to afford) the best play to make on a specific turn, which from personal experience made it pretty difficult for me to pick up knowledge on SV until I committed to ladder hard much later. This sense is what informs all your deckbuilding, tech and play decisions later on. I came across my first Seraph, for example, 3 months into the game despite the fact that I'd been technically losing games to any Haven deck with access to that card all along.

Fortunately, there's quite a bit of literature on SV from various sources (not only this forum, but others with more knowledge of links will have to help me here), and suprisingly I've found that the AIs in practice mode are a very good example of synergy with curves, particularly the Elite ones, which also give 200 gold for each unique Elite/Elite 2 AI defeated for the first time. They're programmed to usually make the best play on every turn for that class, most usually. I still use them today as a benchmark test for whether my new decks can stand up to a basic, near-perfect curve.

Good luck!

Here, added some stuff you forgot to add.

5 hours ago, Alexx55 said:

Here, added some stuff you forgot to add.

Good point. I spent 500 of that on Forte-chan :| even though I was short on vials, because she's worth it. Oops.

3 hours ago, Unryuu said:

Good point. I spent 500 of that on Forte-chan :| even though I was short on vials, because she's worth it. Oops.

I didn't spend my 500 for mordecai then. I didn't know there was an achievement like that back then.

25 minutes ago, Alexx55 said:

I didn't spend my 500 for mordecai then. I didn't know there was an achievement like that back then.

I run Neph Shadow with a Morde finisher, but even I don't know what you'd ever want to spend $ on an red-eyed skull-face leader over Forte. He's not waifu, and he's not best girl.

Maybe this will convince you.

Ezx0BXP.jpg

Source: https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=57709065

6 minutes ago, Unryuu said:

I run Neph Shadow with a Morde finisher, but even I don't know what you'd ever want to spend $ on an red-eyed skull-face leader over Forte. He's not waifu, and he's not best girl.

Maybe this will convince you.

Ezx0BXP.jpg

Source: https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=57709065

That was before DE hit, I was still at a begginer rank and i loved playing shadow, especially using mordecai(although all my decks were just jumbled up cards with the neutral legend package, because i got them for free)