Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Morrigan

Wonderland Dreams Jabberflute

11 posts in this topic

Jabberflute

Have been tinkering with my old Dragon Flute deck since WD dropped, trying to include Jabber in the mix. The deck basically breaks down like this:

Early game is more of a control archetype, with damage spells like dragonnewt fist, blazing, and Fire lizard for ping. Mixed in with the usual Ramp suspects. Emissary is in the mix also for trying to draw Jabs or Forte (occassionally it draws Ebon or Gen which is eh)

Mid has Fervor, giving some draw and heals, hopefully nabbing Flute if it hasn't been grab already.

The big play comes after Overflow and Flute are out. Playing Hellfires on the board:

2pp 4/3 Rush. Generally holding onto Evo's for these if needed for clearing threats or Wards. Careful trading also sets up fodder for Jabberwock to come out who will pull out Gen/Forte/Ebon, giving some serious burst at decent value, and Ebon puts out a decent ward without triggering his fanfare.

Honestly there is not enough room for adding more cards that would help but so far it has had a few good winstreaks.

Still working at it, toying with the idea of Sib getting mixed in, but she may be too much of a clog. Good if I need the Ramp at t5, but if Jabber pulls her, the healing factor seems less of a benefit, over pulling any of the other 3.

Would love to here anyones takes or changes.

Uuuh, now THAT's an interesting deck.

Just a question: why Ebon and not Zeus?

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, midgardsormr said:

Uuuh, now THAT's an interesting deck.

Just a question: why Ebon and not Zeus?

I looked at Zeus and went with Ebon because if Emissary ends up pulling Ebon, I can drop him at t6, if it pulls Zeus he will sit in my hand until t9 and be a bit dead. In the end it was more of which one would have a better range of play.

xD I only work in Interesting.

Edited by Morrigan
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

@Morrigan so from what I've been seeing, a lot of Jabberwocky decks are restricted to only Storm followers in their high-cost slots for some utility out of the Fanfare. But I was thinking, would it be possible to use Jabber as a straight tutor? For example, since the TOTG nerfs we've been unable to play Saha-Zell-Baha ... but what if Jabber were controlled to always pull Zell + Bahamut for Turn 7 13 damage face OTKs again?

Or for example, if you only had 3 x Israfil on the end curve of your deck, and Jabberwocky, and Tilting at Windmills on the field ... then Jabber would pull a literal OTK off just 2 followers for double Israfil to face.

Not super viable, to be sure. But hella fun.

Edited by Unryuu

12 minutes ago, Unryuu said:

@Morrigan so from what I've been seeing, a lot of Jabberwocky decks are restricted to only Storm followers in their high-cost slots for some utility out of the Fanfare. But I was thinking, would it be possible to use Jabber as a straight tutor? For example, since the TOTG nerfs we've been unable to play Saha-Zell-Baha ... but what if Jabber were controlled to always pull Zell + Bahamut for Turn 7 13 damage face OTKs again?

Or for example, if you only had 3 x Israfil on the end curve of your deck, and Jabberwocky, and Tilting at Windmills on the field ... then Jabber would pull a literal OTK off just 2 followers for double Israfil to face.

Not super viable, to be sure. But hella fun.

Definitely would be awesome to see, but that setup isn't consistent enough. 

Jabber definite seems to really fit the Pull Storm Burst archetype, but only if you have enough board to make him effective. 

Have you thought of using Goblin Leader? He seems like a good token generator for cheap pp.

4 minutes ago, Unryuu said:

Have you thought of using Goblin Leader? He seems like a good token generator for cheap pp.

If I ever shift away from using Flute, Gerblin would definitely be a consideration. Might be a bit to squishy for use with Jabber because of how late he comes out.

Jabber is a whole lot of gacha, which is why I doubt he will ever see any tier decks. As it is now, he is mostly wiping Hellfires and Fortes off my board.

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, Morrigan said:

If I ever shift away from using Flute, Gerblin would definitely be a consideration. Might be a bit to squishy for use with Jabber because of how late he comes out.

Jabber is a whole lot of gacha, which is why I doubt he will ever see any tier decks. As it is now, he is mostly wiping Hellfires and Fortes off my board.

You have to believe in gacha :D I did most of my ladder on Neph Shadow, doing the RNG pulls at the right place, every time. It's actually taken me absurd amounts of effort to make my Neph curve consistent and playable ... ish.

Edited by Unryuu

24 minutes ago, Unryuu said:

You have to believe in gacha :D I did most of my ladder on Neph Shadow, doing the RNG pulls at the right place, every time. It's actually taken me absurd amounts of effort to make my Neph curve consistent and playable ... ish.

Gacha is life. I actually prefer playing decks with a gacha element to it because it is fun and interactive. 

Posted (edited)

expansion made a lot of the useless dragon cards not as useless.

Edited by Zulen

Hippogryph Rider feels very strong in this build.  Probably would run it over Ebon tbh.  the hellflame synergy even without Jabber would give you a heck of punch.