Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sfn

Please add guaranteed Legendary after opening many packs

32 posts in this topic

I saved rupees for a month and a half, did missions every day, and I also bought crystals with real money to support the game. Opened 55+ packs of the new Wonderland Dreams, and only got 2 legendaries. I understand the business and how luck plays a role in the packs. But even someone like me who is a big fan of Shadowverse cannot help but be totally disheartened by bad luck like this. Imagine how many regular players might stop playing because of a long streak of bad luck like this? I really think it might be a good idea to at least guarantee a legendary after a lot of packs. It's so depressing to do all this work for no reward that it's hard to enjoy the new expansion and be excited to play the game. Many games that do loot boxes and stuff like that understand this, and put a minimum reward after a long streak of bad luck. I'm sad I cannot enjoy the new expansion I was so excited for because of this. :( Thanks

1 person likes this

Legendaries arent obligated to enjoy. There are a couple of budget decks, that are fun and don't require you to have a legendary in them.

22 minutes ago, Alexx55 said:

Legendaries arent obligated to enjoy. There are a couple of budget decks, that are fun and don't require you to have a legendary in them.

This could have been true during TotG, but I don't know if it's true anymore.

If we talk about competitive decks, TotG Storm Haven could have been run legend-less. But now Lion and also Snow White are necessary to keep up to the speed of the new meta.

Aggro Blood wants Carabosse now.

Sure, you can put together a good deck even without legendaries (I have a nice ER Burn now, and Elana Haven seems to be great again), but it's much more difficult to play competitively, especially at higher ranks. And, most important, in the long run having a bad luck with legendaries hurts a lot.

5 hours ago, sfn said:

I saved rupees for a month and a half, did missions every day, and I also bought crystals with real money to support the game. Opened 55+ packs of the new Wonderland Dreams, and only got 2 legendaries. I understand the business and how luck plays a role in the packs. But even someone like me who is a big fan of Shadowverse cannot help but be totally disheartened by bad luck like this. Imagine how many regular players might stop playing because of a long streak of bad luck like this? I really think it might be a good idea to at least guarantee a legendary after a lot of packs. It's so depressing to do all this work for no reward that it's hard to enjoy the new expansion and be excited to play the game. Many games that do loot boxes and stuff like that understand this, and put a minimum reward after a long streak of bad luck. I'm sad I cannot enjoy the new expansion I was so excited for because of this. :( Thanks

I hope you'll find a way to enjoy the expansion anyway.

As I said, I managed to build a decent ER deck that runs without legendaries. I think I'll post it today in the Rune class discussion.

Another deck that seems to work wonders is Elana. Try that one as well, you might want Aegis and or DJ from TotG, but you don't need the new legendaries (Snow White is nice to have, but not mandatory)

Oh, and in the Sword section there are a couple of interesting decks that perform fine, and they run old legendaries that you might already have. Just give them a try. :)

There should be some cheap variants of Midrange Blood around, that make use of the new low-rarity cards like Bodyguard and Disagreeable Demon. I'm still working on that though.

Forest seems in a bad spot now, only Neutral Forest seems to be viable, but that requires Alice.

1 person likes this

It took me over 30 packs before I opened my first legendary.  Now I did opene 121 and opened 10, which is much less than average luck, but not devastating.  What if I was a newer player and could only open 30 packs?  How disappointing in a game with 40 card decks and 3x legendaries able to be included would it be to not have a single legendary from the new expansion to play with?

I think a pity timer like 1 legendary every 20 packs, would be nice.  

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

55 packs 2 legendaries? what? there is no way. During the the anniversary ticket give away i was getting a legend practically every day. On 1 day i got 2. Got another 2 from the free 10 wonderland packs. 2 legends from 55 packs is not bad luck, thats a curse.

Maybe it has something to do with opening so many packs at the same time. Maybe there is a code to prevent people from stacking rupies and then getting so many legendaries at once. Or maybe packs from rupies have a different drop rate from tickets and gems.

Edited by Zulen

......What if that curse happened to you........!  That is the scary part.  That is why a pity timer may be a good idea.  Imagine you just got into the game a month ago, and you are all excited about the new expansion.  You've saved up for 30 packs, and expect maybe 3 legendaries or something, would be okay with even 2.  Instead you get zero.  I can't imagine what a bummer it would be.  

I already commented before that I think a pity timer should be added to this game, so there's not much for me to say here.

Going 30+ packs with no legendaries was pretty crushing around when I just started. I recently went 40+ packs without one but it's not as big a deal anymore.

26 minutes ago, fangore said:

......What if that curse happened to you........!  That is the scary part.  That is why a pity timer may be a good idea.  Imagine you just got into the game a month ago, and you are all excited about the new expansion.  You've saved up for 30 packs, and expect maybe 3 legendaries or something, would be okay with even 2.  Instead you get zero.  I can't imagine what a bummer it would be.  

Im going through that now in yugioh duel links. The game does an excellent job in preserving the value of its cards. There are 200 packs in each set. Each set has only 10 ultra cards and each pack only gives 3 cards. There is only a 0.5% chance of getting the ultra rare card you want. Ive burned through over a 150 packs after endless farming and only just managed to get 2 of the 3 ultras i was looking for about 15 or so packs ago. 

Trust me when i tell you that this game is very generous.

Posted (edited)

I'm up to about 70* Wonderland packs now with only 2 legendaries.

Edited by sfn

I managed to pull 4 legendaries in 40 packs. That's an average of 1 per 10 packs, with 2 of them coming in successive packs (I got Spawn of the Abyss one pack and Carabosse in the pack right after).

I think we should get a pity timer, because it's really upsetting when you can't get a whole lot of packs at a time and don't get a single legendary. However, I do also feel that it's worth noting that Cygames is already super generous with giving out free stuff and also provides a lot of opportunities to build powerful decks with no legendaries in them (at least before Wonderland Dreams, now every deck seems to find Alice as mandatory).

2 hours ago, Aru're said:

I managed to pull 4 legendaries in 40 packs. That's an average of 1 per 10 packs, with 2 of them coming in successive packs (I got Spawn of the Abyss one pack and Carabosse in the pack right after).

I think we should get a pity timer, because it's really upsetting when you can't get a whole lot of packs at a time and don't get a single legendary. However, I do also feel that it's worth noting that Cygames is already super generous with giving out free stuff and also provides a lot of opportunities to build powerful decks with no legendaries in them (at least before Wonderland Dreams, now every deck seems to find Alice as mandatory).

I agree that they're generous and that Shadowverse is a generous game. But from a business perspective, I think it might be a bad idea for huge bad luck streaks to be possible if you want people to spend money. Who knows though.

110 packs 13 legs, one of leg is animated. I think the rate is not that bad to the point required guarantee.

Again that is easy to say since you got a decent pull.  What if you pulled 110 packs and got zero legendaries?  Would you say the same thing?  Usually on average with all the free packs, quests, etc most people should get a reasonable amount of legendaries, however there are no guarantees and some people have gotten super screwed.  

I think the pity timer is a great idea, cause it doesn't hurt economy but helps hit.  Average is one legendary per a little over 9 packs, I believe, so make 20 packs give you a legendary.  

Just now, fangore said:

Again that is easy to say since you got a decent pull.  What if you pulled 110 packs and got zero legendaries?  Would you say the same thing?  Usually on average with all the free packs, quests, etc most people should get a reasonable amount of legendaries, however there are no guarantees and some people have gotten super screwed.  

I think the pity timer is a great idea, cause it doesn't hurt economy but helps hit.  Average is one legendary per a little over 9 packs, I believe, so make 20 packs give you a legendary.  

The average is 1 per 8 1/3 packs.

In 200 cards 3 are legendary on average (every card has a 1.5% chance to be legendary). 200 cards is 25 packs. 25 packs get 3 legendaries = 8 1/3 packs get 1 legendary.

There is little doubt that Shadowverse is one of the most generous CCGs out there. But bad luck streaks still feel really bad when you're starting (it's not that big a deal when you already have a large collection).

2 people like this

hearthstone updated their packs policy so it never gives you a duplicate and guranteed legendary in first 10 packs of expansion + they have their built in pity timer. I think it's time to update shadowverse so it can stay more competitive to the leading Digital CCG, especially when we are releasing 2 legendaries per class now. 

I went 44 packs with 0 legends and 16 gold. lol

If there was a choice to get fixed luck (i.e. exactly 3 legendaries / 6 gold etc every 25 packs, I would choose it in a heartbeat.

Pack RNG is one of my least favorite aspects of card games.

I think my luck over the whole year is probably better than the average, but I would also always take the average if I could, pack RNG does suck.  When you open 121 packs, it really sucks if it you have bad luck.  

On 1/7/2017 at 0:48 AM, Zulen said:

55 packs 2 legendaries? what? there is no way. During the the anniversary ticket give away i was getting a legend practically every day. On 1 day i got 2. Got another 2 from the free 10 wonderland packs. 2 legends from 55 packs is not bad luck, thats a curse.

Maybe it has something to do with opening so many packs at the same time. Maybe there is a code to prevent people from stacking rupies and then getting so many legendaries at once. Or maybe packs from rupies have a different drop rate from tickets and gems.

During the anniversary give away I got 0 legendary... and I opened 10 pack / day. 0.
There is a big issue with legendary and many other things "random" related with this game.

I'm currently 50 packs in without a legendary. This is definitely not normal. I'm never spending money on packs now. Waiting on that premade pack they announced.

1 person likes this

I'm not liking your misery, I'm liking your post.  Cause people need to see this.  Yes they give away a lot of packs, and the average is pretty good.  However since there is no pity timer you have cases like Tako.  That is just terrible and shouldn't be possible to happen.  

It is very strange that some people are getting sandbagged that badly. Yue had the same problem. Meanwhile between the two WD promos from yesterday and today, plus another pack I bought, I pulled Beauty, Abyss, and Dread Queen. 

Pity counter wouldn't be a bad idea.

Considering the 120 packs I opened on release day, and the packs I'm regularly opening day by day, it's 56 packs with no legendaries. And an abysmal gold rate too (like, one every 3 packs).

I hope to invert the trend soon. :P

has the legendary % chance dropped since wd? opening all sorts of packs no legends or golds really. at least 20 packs in w/o one

1 hour ago, jMw said:

has the legendary % chance dropped since wd? opening all sorts of packs no legends or golds really. at least 20 packs in w/o one

The drop rate is the same. We're just terribly unlucky.

I've opened today my 60th pack without legendaries. :(