Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Imperial Dane

Wonderland Dreams Midrange Token Sword.

60 posts in this topic

Welp. I'm at the point where i do not know what to do anymore, there is just no real way to get it to work anymore, you're crushed by bloodcraft and havencraft the two classes that actually work atm because they can just more easily out tempo you because they got the better tempo tools plus amazing board clears.

So hopefully some nerfs will help out, otherwise i don't see much point in playing atm.

Note this does not mean i am giving up, merely that any updates may be farther inbetween as i get a lot more... experimental and overall change things a lot faster.

This for example is my current non-neutral token sword.. well with the exception of Council.

Decklist

So yeah, this version is a bit more loaded in 3pp and 4pp, though one should note Strategem is less of a turn 4 play and more of a later play but can be done on turn 4 if you got nothing better to do anyways

So bladed hedgehog is in .. i am not sure why, just not much else i can imagine myself putting in and he tends to be a good pseudoward as people do not want him to grow, so he is staying for now.

Pompous princess is in to help with card draw and thinning the deck, i also run Thief for card draw figuring that in a more board oriented meta he can serve as extra card draw but also just a distraction, essentially another pseudo ward. And with navy lieutenant becomes a ward that draws you cards.

The Bigger one here is probably Stratagem, basically what Rabbit ear attendant does, but 4pp and with no body, but on the other hand can draw off anything. Meaning you could draw 5 cards in one possibility, either way.. can quickly draw you a lot of cards and possibly draw you into what you want or need. So toss in thief and Pompous princess and you should generally be able to draw the bigger things you want.

Alwidas is there for the ward but also the storm that can be useful for some trades here and there.

And finally we got one enraged general for being able to exploit agressive board postures at times, but no more than 1. So the deck still tries to fill the board and do stuff with it, but has decent card draw and several options for exploiting said bigger board.

So far testing is revealing some interesting bits, admittedly only run into Neutral Aggro blood and Burn Earth Rune, though both are nasty, and in several cases i went second. So overall positive winrate there i guess :P 

But biggest surprise so far is thief, he is turning out really well as a pseudo ward that draws you cards, overall ensuring you keep up steam and making even your awkward trades less disadvantageous, he has been able to keep me in the fight several times where things would have otherwise resulted in me losing steam and getting steamrolled. So thief seems to be a good card in this meta.

Stratagem also works reasonably well, if you can gain enough momentum then you can afford to just draw a ton of cards making you unstoppable or at least nigh unstoppable. Several times stratagem has provided me with the edge to push through.. though also had times where it bricks my hand along with rousing step, that is a bit the danger of these cards. Sadly no Alice or Rabbit Ear attendant in that way, but on the other hand they have their own strengths and in the case of stratagem can offer a bigger boost .

Still on the fence about bladed hedgehog though, not sure what to pop in but i keep thinking about Samurai for some reason.

Navy Lieutenant as usual is MVP, locking down the board at critical points and forming up a wall they have to break through allowing you to build up a counter-attack and break the enemy.

13 hours ago, Imperial Dane said:

So far testing is revealing some interesting bits, admittedly only run into Neutral Aggro blood and Burn Earth Rune, though both are nasty, and in several cases i went second. So overall positive winrate there i guess :P 

But biggest surprise so far is thief, he is turning out really well as a pseudo ward that draws you cards, overall ensuring you keep up steam and making even your awkward trades less disadvantageous, he has been able to keep me in the fight several times where things would have otherwise resulted in me losing steam and getting steamrolled. So thief seems to be a good card in this meta.

Stratagem also works reasonably well, if you can gain enough momentum then you can afford to just draw a ton of cards making you unstoppable or at least nigh unstoppable. Several times stratagem has provided me with the edge to push through.. though also had times where it bricks my hand along with rousing step, that is a bit the danger of these cards. Sadly no Alice or Rabbit Ear attendant in that way, but on the other hand they have their own strengths and in the case of stratagem can offer a bigger boost .

Still on the fence about bladed hedgehog though, not sure what to pop in but i keep thinking about Samurai for some reason.

Navy Lieutenant as usual is MVP, locking down the board at critical points and forming up a wall they have to break through allowing you to build up a counter-attack and break the enemy.

Uh, Thief... that's unexpected, in a way, but I'm not surprised.

With the current meta, Clash abilities seem quite good. In Forest, Abby is one of the few "follower based" answers to Tove. And Wood of Brambles is good as well.

I think it's because Neutral package based decks don't run early game removals, as they simply rely upon their followers to snowball and trample opponent's defenses.

For example, Veight could carry more value than Goblin Leader when going second against Leader himself, provided that you removed any 2pp followers your opponent played. Pity he's not used that much due to the omnipresent Neutral cancer.

Yeah, with removals playing less of a role due to the board flooding nature of neutrals he works well since he can force them to not develop their board or risk me making favourable trades using thief. Thief also helps you from not running out of cards since one of the current strengths of the neutral packages, neutral blood especially is that it can easily drain you of resources so by using thief you can either gain more cards as you fight their board or force them to spend resources clearing the thief and prevent them from developing their board. 

Of course he works best going first, but as long as they don't get the super curve going second he should still be doable there.

I mean currently there is no way to fight neutral blood or most of the neutral decks at their peaks, so might as well look to improving your matchups at their averages when they don't pull the god hand

Welp, back to the Hybrid version since the other isn't really working out at all, standard sword is so currently powercreeped it is difficult to pull off, plus you really just need to be able to pull a Maisy going second. Or even first. So here we are again

https://shadowverse-portal.com/deck/1.2.5zWm2.5zWm2.5zWm2.5-Hb2.5-Hb2.5-Hb2.6GdvI.6GdvI.5-HbC.5-HbC.5-HbC.6HRAY.6HRAY.6HRAY.6HPTA.6HPTA.6HPTA.6GbTM.6GbTM.6GbTM.6GgLY.6GgLY.6HMIM.6HMIM.6HMIM.5-K1I.5-K1I.5-K1I.626Sw.626Sw.62BLQ.6CpmS.6CpmS.6HRvQ.6HRvQ.6HRvQ.62D36.62D36.628Bs.628Bs

Bigger changes since the last time i visited Hybrid Token sword is i took out one Rousing step for Stratagem which allows for extra card draw no matter what you got on board.

Enraged general instead of Walfrid so you have a chance of pushing out something bigger faster and also the addition of two Goblin Princess because she provides neutral tokens which means a better chance to get value out of your Rabbit Ear attendant but also the extra value of Goblin King to help deal with threats and the likes, plus another neutral and in theory could be played for a turn 6 maisy + goblin king evo swing turn.

And finally i tossed in Tsubaki since there is an increase in shadow blood decks that run Phantom Cat and Carabosse for which Tsubaki is a good counter plus uncloaked Spawns, plus the decks that i do encounter also tend to run bigger threats which Tsubaki can also help with, hell tsubaki can also take out an evolved BKB and also combos nicely with Shield of Flame

So the deck ends up with the potential to draw a ton of cards, buff the board or just play out an Enraged general, has several forms of potent removal and can generally fill the board.

Works somewhat decently, better than the non hybrid version.

Good, borrowing this list as well, as usual. :)

I have only 1 Tsubaki, I'll try to get the best out of it anyway.

I don't see any burst/storm damage aside from Quickblader or Council, but I think that with all those neutral inclusions there's nothing to be done. :|

Posted (edited)

Well you are more trying to rely on the board to get in the damage that way. I might replace enraged general with Walfrid, we'll see. As for Tsubaki, i suppose you could use axe destroyer though once you run out of Evos that is it.

Edited by Imperial Dane
1 person likes this

Latest update : Decklist

The bigger update has been lowering floral fencers to 2 since 3 is just too many, especially in the current meta and upping the number of rousing steps to 3. I was surprised by how many times where i had a floral fencer but i really needed a rousing step to gain an advantage.

Also dropped the Rapunzels because ultimately i was hitting the spot where i could decently survive past turn 3 and so on, my issue usually came when in many cases the fights drew on and i found myself lacking followers with a bit more.. oomph. Plus ward, so i ended up replacing Rapunzel with Frontguard General who is a really big ward who also has the advantage of not being an easy Emeralda target. Sure she can destroy him, but then there is another ward beneath him. So with Frontguard general you have a big follower with ward tokens that can be used to either present a big threat or just buy you time to stabilize the board and push onwards.

The deck does.. reasonably well ? In the current circumstances i feel, though i do find myself questioning Maisy and Rabbit Ear attendant since they still end up being tricky to actually utilize well and there is a part of me considering just scaling down on the whole neutral package and trying other paths once more.

Tsubaki though is proving to be quite handy and definitely a really good choice in the current meta and functions pretty well in conjunction with Frontguard general, clear their big thing, then next turn frontguard general and your tsubaki just begins going for the enemy leader.

So far the deck is continuing to perform reasonably well at masters. Ramp Dragon, Elana haven, PTP Shadowcraft all died before my token might this morning

Rousing Step and Tsubaki continue to be very good, use Tsubaki to clear big enemy threat and potentially set up for lethal and Rousing step just allows you to buff all your tokens and push ahead no matter what you got on board be it neutral, officer or commander.

Currently maintaining a decent winrate.