Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Imperial Dane

Wonderland Dreams Midrange Token Sword.

60 posts in this topic

So with Wonderland dreams up i figured it best to start a new thread as we work on the Midrange token sword in the new expansion.

Decklist

Overall the bigger changes are :

1.The Inclusion of bladed hedgehog which works great with maintaining tempo, allows you to trade off tokens without suffering too much and can allow you to pressure the opponent better plus at 3 health is less vulnerable to a lot of the board clears

2. Shield of Flame. While it can't generate tokens like Whole souled swing, it's better at clearing out a lot of obstacles and thus preserving the tempo of the deck. Especially with the increase in tougher followers.

3.  Jeno is back, a suggestion by @fangore which i felt made sense with the current meta requiring more fast removal in the case of neutral decks plus also synergizes with bladed hedgehog and can generate tokens. Replaces rousing step which does limit the number of board buffs.

4. Council of Card Knights, 3 of these. AMAZING card, one of the best cards swordcraft got if not the best. generates 3 tokens that can do a lot of things allowing you to either maintain or regain board control and also a good follow up if your board gets cleared and with 9 health is tricky to remove for a lot of decks. And synergizes well with Enraged general and Walfrid.

Otherwise unsure about Alwida's command at the moment. Thinking about replacing it either with Sage Commander for more board buffs or with Tsubaki to help clearing out overly large followers. We will see, depends on how the meta evolves i think. Basically a tech choice.

I briefly tried out snow, whitecat sage.. Buuut. Just no good, doesn't draw you enough cards nor generate sufficient tempo, she is basically a jack of all trades, master of none. Meaning she is of little use in the deck. Avant Blader just works better and can help you draw into the solutions you want.

Deck so far is performing well, has beaten a variety of decks. Most losses were due to me testing out Snow.

So have at it and let me know how the deck performs.

What do you think about ephemera? If you keep her in ambush she is like a royal banner that works on all followers.

Also maybe that new goblin that summons another goblin at end of turn, so at worst is aesthetic knight but can generate more value if it survives. Though he won't synergize as well with naval commander.

https://shadowverse-portal.com/deck/1.2.5-Hb2.5-Hb2.5-Hb2.6HRAY.6HRAY.6HRAY.6HPTA.6HPTA.6HPTA.6HMIM.6HMIM.6HMIM.6HN0w.6HN0w.6HRvQ.6HRvQ.6HRvQ.5zWm2.5zWm2.5zWm2.68_dc.68_dc.68_dc.6CsCi.6CsCi.6CsCi.6GbTM.6GbTM.6GbTM.6GbT2.6GbT2.6Gino.6Gino.6Gino.694Vy.694Vy.694Vy.6Cuey.6Cuey.6Cuey

This is my neutral WD sword. Great early game pressure and decent late game if it ever makes it past turn 5 or 6 haha. Normally not. Ear attendant for card draw awesome card, goblin leader is by far the best 3 drop token generator because it works with neutral buffs. Ephemera is MVP esp if you happen to have two of her out on the field. So far I really like this  deck. 

Also not much of a token deck...

@fangore I don't run Goblin leader because in the current neutral aggro heavy meta anything that can be warded up is good, and neither goblin leader nor goblin can.. Thusly i am not too keen on either.

As for Ephemera she is an interesting idea and does serve to help make use of all the tokens, the trick is where to fit her in. I could replace Courageous Knight with her and see how that goes.

Yeah the meta is very fast atm, so the ward naval commander can provide to aesthetic knight likely much more valuable.  Replacing courageous knight sounds like a good experiment.  How about Enraged General, is running 3x copy paying off well?

Enraged general can work off, helped me deal with a beauty and the beast since he is actually one of the few options for actually trading into it remotely efficiently :P Plus he is still a big threat, the trick though is surviving going second if they pull a good hand. Ephemera doesn't really cut it, so thinking currently experimenting with Amelia since she should help at least somewhat slow down things, it's that or using Teena which could also be a possibility. 

That turn 4 with Alice really represents a tricky hurdle to deal with. It's not impossible but it certainly requires some thought as how to prepare for it the best, so i think that is the biggest challenge atm.

I'll be trying this list as well. Thanks for sharing. :)

Hedgehog MVP, at least in the decks I tried, together with Council. Cygames nerfed Shadow Reaper only to give Sword his fellow brother. :P

So under that foreboding cloak and hood, shadow reaper is really just a cuddly hedgehog?  One obsessed with death, and one obsessed with swords.  

Yeah Teena could be great if the meta becomes neutral dominant.  She's actually not terrible even against non neutral cards, just a bit worse than Dragon Warrior.  

Hedgehog and reaper are cut from the same cloth, the difference being that one works of own stuff dying and the other enemy stuff dying, also hedgehog can't be snowballed due to fixed health. So hedgehog is also cygames showing it learns its lessons

I've decided to replace naval lieutenant for the time being.. It's not that he is bad, but with the current.. zoo meta. He just doesn't quite work when going second, going first sure. But currently i feel like you need to be able to react faster to the neutral decks and so i replaced him with Blitz lancer. Also cut down on enraged generals by one to fit in another Amelia. With that setup i beat a neutral forest and a golden lion aegis deck.

Sadly they decided not to give sword an actual new way of buffing the board.. i could try rousing step again, but currently vs the neutral decks i just don't think that is going to work sadly. Really feeling the lack of a new 4 drop this expansion for sure. It's not impossible, but it's certainly becoming increasingly apparent that the core competencies of swordcraft have been left to the wayside for quite some time.

38 minutes ago, Imperial Dane said:

Hedgehog and reaper are cut from the same cloth, the difference being that one works of own stuff dying and the other enemy stuff dying, also hedgehog can't be snowballed due to fixed health. So hedgehog is also cygames showing it learns its lessons

I've decided to replace naval lieutenant for the time being.. It's not that he is bad, but with the current.. zoo meta. He just doesn't quite work when going second, going first sure. But currently i feel like you need to be able to react faster to the neutral decks and so i replaced him with Blitz lancer. Also cut down on enraged generals by one to fit in another Amelia. With that setup i beat a neutral forest and a golden lion aegis deck.

Sadly they decided not to give sword an actual new way of buffing the board.. i could try rousing step again, but currently vs the neutral decks i just don't think that is going to work sadly. Really feeling the lack of a new 4 drop this expansion for sure. It's not impossible, but it's certainly becoming increasingly apparent that the core competencies of swordcraft have been left to the wayside for quite some time.

Old meta sword just gets destroyed by neatrual sword with actress Faria and alice its tough 

And no where did i talk about that, so no idea why you are.

Anyways, further modifications. Replaced Blitz Lancer with Rapunzel, since the token deck will be able to use her more actively due to generally always having something on board to attack with, plus going second you got the evolve. Furthermore rapunzel is just a big body that can take a lot of hits thus making her attractive in retaining board control. 

And in regards to that i ended up making a painful choice and cutting fearless banneret, i really like the card but in the current meta it's not cutting it. So i replaced one of my removals along with banneret with Red Riding hood, now i don't run a lot of neutrals, but with rapunzel that should not be an issue since she is hard to take out. And if you can get it off going second you can clear out 3 targets and remain in solid board control.

So i took out Amelia and added one more jeno and then tossed in rousing step again since with this i figure better board control is possible and thusly being able to use it. 

Posted (edited)

A bit off topic, but considering the subject...

Lecia, perhaps I am derping, but does her prevent AoE spells from hitting or does it just prevent spell death from targeting?

The wording is odd and isn't like "Cannot be targeted by spells"

Edited by Morrigan

Lecia prevents spell damage and death effects. Say you have an officer covered by Lecia, that follower cannot be destroyed with spell damage lie windblast or death effects which also includes bane.

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, Imperial Dane said:

Lecia prevents spell damage and death effects. Say you have an officer covered by Lecia, that follower cannot be destroyed with spell damage lie windblast or death effects which also includes bane.

Does that include nontargeted AoE, like Sal Breath or Revelation?

Like how Ambush prevents a follower from being targeted, but a Sal breath will hit them because it is not a targeted spell.

Edited by Morrigan

1 minute ago, Morrigan said:

Yeah , already try it

Just now, Void said:

Yeah , already try it

Yeah as in those are ineffective under Lecias fanfare?

2 minutes ago, Morrigan said:

Like how Ambush prevents a follower from being targeted, but a Sal breath will hit them because it is not a targeted spell.

Yes, as i said, spell damage and death effects. It doesn't matter if it is targeted or non targeted. It can protect against *any* death effect, bahamut, khawy, tribunal. .you name it.

Posted (edited)

*Evil laugh gigglesnort* EXCELLENT

My WD Ambush is working great, but I'll be god damned with all the AoE that just destroys me board. Now I have solutions!

Edited by Morrigan

Specifically : https://shadowverse-portal.com/card/104231020

Resistance to damage and destruction spells and effects that means all. If it was targetable ones it would say so, in fact the description of Lecia would be very similar to the haven follower shrine knight. But it isn't.

1 minute ago, Imperial Dane said:

Specifically : https://shadowverse-portal.com/card/104231020

Resistance to damage and destruction spells and effects that means all. If it was targetable ones it would say so, in fact the description of Lecia would be very similar to the haven follower shrine knight. But it isn't.

Just needed that clarification.

Shadowed Assassin ambush Lecia is going to make my board bulletproof.

Just now, Morrigan said:

Just needed that clarification.

Shadowed Assassin ambush Lecia is going to make my board bulletproof.

Mind you it does not protect from banishment.

Posted (edited)

Nothing I'm boarding is going to be under 2 hopefully lol

I can deal with losing a Kunoichi if it comes down to that 

Granted Lecia will still be susceptible to a AoE, but it saves my board.

Edited by Morrigan

1 hour ago, Morrigan said:

Nothing I'm boarding is going to be under 2 hopefully lol

I can deal with losing a Kunoichi if it comes down to that 

Granted Lecia will still be susceptible to a AoE, but it saves my board.

Also notice that Salamander Breath kills Lecia first, and then AoE the rest, so in that case Lecia doesn't save the board. :) 

But it's the only AoE I can think of that works like this.