Dergonu

TOG Nephthys decks

30 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Got any new Nephthys lists that you have been using in the TOG meta?

I'm personally using this version at the moment, which is doing quite well in AA0 for me. I only use 2/3 drops outside spells and Nep cards in order to guarantee both Mordy and Khawy when you play Nep. The 2 howls is there for burst, and ends up being a nice finisher after nep drops, as she usually gets you tons and tons of shadows to burn. The high amounts of 2 and 3 drops does make for a strong early/ mid game, making it easier to surivive compared to the slower ledger versions. (I don't like these at all, as they are too passive in my opinion.)

Edited by Dergonu

@Kharaxx said, that he played Nep and had good results. Let's see, if he shares his deck))

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Dergonu said:

Does anyone have a version of this deck that does at least somewhat good in this meta? This is the list I use at the moment, a (bad) result of me trying to fit the deck for this meta myself. If anyone has a list that is built for this meta, or at least has some tips on what one could tech into a Nephthys deck in this expansion, I'd appriciate it.

If I had to guess you list is not optimized enouth.

1) Sexton is a must. No sexton - no chances
2) Why do you need execution? oO You have a bazzilion removals.. free space for widows, you kinda lack a card draw.
3) Zombie party is better then resentment, why do run those? you can cut them and add little soulsquasher wich is basicaly the same thing, but better.
4) Also you can some meta adapt cards, like balor, or necroelementalist.

I played nepnep and it is OK deck right now, totaly playable.

4 minutes ago, zzMedVeDzz said:

If I had to guess you list is not optimized enouth.

1) Sexton is a must. No sexton - no chances
2) Why do you need execution? oO You have a bazzilion removals.. free space for widows, you kinda lack a card draw.
3) Zombie party is better then resentment, why do run those? you can cut them and add little soulsquasher wich is basicaly the same thing, but better.
4) Also you can some meta adapt cards, like balor, or necroelementalist.

I played nepnep and it is OK deck right now, totaly playable.

Yeah the list I use isn't that good. I added execution because of all the annoying amulets that were going around. (I made the deck originally in like, the first week of the launch of the expansion.) Test of Strength with Aegis was just so incredibly pesky, as not only was there an immortal card on the field that Nep couldn't kill with any card she spawned, but I now also just had to sit there for 2 turns and let Aegis hit me in the face, which = a loss.

Durandal the Incorruptible + ambush frog were using amulets, and during the first week they were extremely common, so I thought amulet removal would be super important. In retrospect I probably don't need those at all.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Dergonu said:

Yeah the list I use isn't that good. I added execution because of all the annoying amulets that were going around. (I made the deck originally in like, the first week of the launch of the expansion.) Test of Strength with Aegis was just so incredibly pesky, as not only was there an immortal card on the field that Nep couldn't kill with any card she spawned, but I now also just had to sit there for 2 turns and let Aegis hit me in the face, which = a loss.

Durandal the Incorruptible + ambush frog were using amulets, and during the first week they were extremely common, so I thought amulet removal would be super important. In retrospect I probably don't need those at all.

Y. But today there is no frogs, and like 1 in 10 games are against heaven. But still you have random kill minions, so frog is not a problem. Also if heaven can play aegis and test you are already lost, and execu will not help. Cut them complitly, pick some thing usefull

Edited by zzMedVeDzz

8 minutes ago, zzMedVeDzz said:

Y. But today there is no frogs, and like 1 in 10 games are against heaven.

Indeed. Thanks for the feedback, I changed around a lot of cards and this is what I have now: deck

2 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

Indeed. Thanks for the feedback, I changed around a lot of cards and this is what I have now: deck

Y some thing like this. Some tuning is still need, but it is totaly up to you. Just play some games, and based on your experience do changes.

Personaly I run 3 copyes of hunting howl for "burst" or trade, but this is not popular pick.

1 person likes this

@Dergonu

I tried a few Nep variants out, I didn't had any success with the control Nep you run. It's so hard to remove all the Shadow tokens, removal is useless against Aegis and both Silver Bolt and Zell combos hurt.

I had more success with a midrange list like this: Carrot Nep

You can change the 2 and 3 drop minions. The strategie is to play Khaiza, gain tempo with cards like Lyriel, Conjurer and Soulsquasher and use Nep and Grimnir as finisher.

Is there a reason why you are using 23478?

I think it's better to secure Morde and Khawy I would either play only 3 or only 4. 

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, Kharaxx said:

@Dergonu

I tried a few Nep variants out, I didn't had any success with the control Nep you run. It's so hard to remove all the Shadow tokens, removal is useless against Aegis and both Silver Bolt and Zell combos hurt.

I had more success with a midrange list like this: Carrot Nep

You can change the 2 and 3 drop minions. The strategie is to play Khaiza, gain tempo with cards like Lyriel, Conjurer and Soulsquasher and use Nep and Grimnir as finisher.

Is there a reason why you are using 23478?

I think it's better to secure Morde and Khawy I would either play only 3 or only 4. 

That does probably fit more in this meta. Thanks.

My list was really just a result of how I was used to running the deck last expansion. No real reason beyond that. I'll give this list a go, thanks for sharing it.

Posted (edited)

I have been using a variant of your deck @Kharaxx, and it has been working quite well, so thanks again. 

Been getting some pretty nice win streaks actually, and ranked up to A1 yesterday using it. Pretty fun being able to utilize Nep again. Was afraid Nep decks were completely dead this expansion. 

p3wpuMl.jpg

0oxT6S7.jpg

Edited by Dergonu

Contrary to popular belief "hurr durrr LIGHTNING BLAST KILLED NEP" nep is even better than in RoB.

1 person likes this

Dudes, can you drop actual nep list? I played all evening, and got nothing.

Posted (edited)

14 minutes ago, zzMedVeDzz said:

Well, a lot of people have been running Nep decks with Death's Ledger, though I personally don't use that version.

This is my list, which I use in A2. It's doing quite well in this meta. It's all about managing your resources, really. You have tools to surivive against mid shadow, and you also have tools to handle ramp dragon for a few turns. Gotta use your decently strong early/ mid game to dish out damage, then finish it before the game drags on for too long.

Try to generate 6 shadows by T6, get out death's breath, then play Nep on 8, which eats the biggest card on the field + spawns mordecai. Then you have 2x Phantom howl for some burst, and a shadow spender after you play Nep, as you'll be stuck with tons of shadows at that point. There is also Grimnir, should you be dragged into T10+.

Edited by Dergonu

46 minutes ago, zzMedVeDzz said:

Consistent with Ledger?

Inconsistent with Ledger?

Consistent without Ledger?

I dont think the deck matters to much, against Midrange Shadow it depends who gets ahead, against Dragon it ends as a skill matchup if they run LB and autowin I'd they don't.

10 hours ago, Kharaxx said:

Consistent with Ledger?

Inconsistent with Ledger?

Consistent without Ledger?

I dont think the deck matters to much, against Midrange Shadow it depends who gets ahead, against Dragon it ends as a skill matchup if they run LB and autowin I'd they don't.

With ledger.

10 hours ago, Dergonu said:

Well, a lot of people have been running Nep decks with Death's Ledger, though I personally don't use that version.

This is my list, which I use in A2. It's doing quite well in this meta. It's all about managing your resources, really. You have tools to surivive against mid shadow, and you also have tools to handle ramp dragon for a few turns. Gotta use your decently strong early/ mid game to dish out damage, then finish it before the game drags on for too long.

Try to generate 6 shadows by T6, get out death's breath, then play Nep on 8, which eats the biggest card on the field + spawns mordecai. Then you have 2x Phantom howl for some burst, and a shadow spender after you play Nep, as you'll be stuck with tons of shadows at that point. There is also Grimnir, should you be dragged into T10+.

dude, you run half agggro half Nep deck o_O

Someone here with a good ledger deck?

I have 2 but both are weaker than a deck similar to the one I postet earlier in this thread without Ledger. 

I can post one of them if you want, but don't have to high expectations.

There's no reason to run Nephthys and Ledger in the same deck, right? Superficially the criteria are identical - they call up dudes from your deck with different play costs and then sacrifice them for Last Words value and bonus shadows. But there are a couple of key differences that mean that the constraints don't lead to a particularly synergistic deck.

The keys for me is that Nephthys summons 4 at once on turn 8 and checks all of your followers for play costs. This means that it is completely unacceptable to have followers with more than 5 different play costs, and your 7 and 8 slot have to have Khawy and Mordecai (or Thane and Mordecai if you want to go that route). Meanwhile Ledger only grabs Shadowcraft Followers and always grabs a follower that you could have played last turn. This means that you are encouraged to pad your curve out with Neutralcraft followers and want to load up on staples like Unica and Grimnir because they don't interfere with your Ledger plan at all.

The big Ledger question is whether you want to run Lurching Corpse or whether you want to guaranty two Liches by running only Neutral followers in the 2 slot and getting Attendant and Unleasher at 3 and 4. In either case you are obviously running the full play set of Urds, Unicas, and Grimnirs, which would be controversial in Nephthys because that gives you a 20% chance of not hitting Mordecai on your Nephthys turn. But in Ledger it gives you strong and relevant plays while maintaining the Ledger in smooth style.

The second big Ledger question is whether you want to have Khawy, Thane, or Mordecai in as late game potential Ledger hits or whether you intend to stop worrying about Ledger hits on turn 7 and just jam Eachtar like a normal Midrange Shadow deck.

49 minutes ago, FrankTrollman said:

There's no reason to run Nephthys and Ledger in the same deck, right? Superficially the criteria are identical - they call up dudes from your deck with different play costs and then sacrifice them for Last Words value and bonus shadows. But there are a couple of key differences that mean that the constraints don't lead to a particularly synergistic deck.

The keys for me is that Nephthys summons 4 at once on turn 8 and checks all of your followers for play costs. This means that it is completely unacceptable to have followers with more than 5 different play costs, and your 7 and 8 slot have to have Khawy and Mordecai (or Thane and Mordecai if you want to go that route). Meanwhile Ledger only grabs Shadowcraft Followers and always grabs a follower that you could have played last turn. This means that you are encouraged to pad your curve out with Neutralcraft followers and want to load up on staples like Unica and Grimnir because they don't interfere with your Ledger plan at all.

The big Ledger question is whether you want to run Lurching Corpse or whether you want to guaranty two Liches by running only Neutral followers in the 2 slot and getting Attendant and Unleasher at 3 and 4. In either case you are obviously running the full play set of Urds, Unicas, and Grimnirs, which would be controversial in Nephthys because that gives you a 20% chance of not hitting Mordecai on your Nephthys turn. But in Ledger it gives you strong and relevant plays while maintaining the Ledger in smooth style.

The second big Ledger question is whether you want to have Khawy, Thane, or Mordecai in as late game potential Ledger hits or whether you intend to stop worrying about Ledger hits on turn 7 and just jam Eachtar like a normal Midrange Shadow deck.

You make the impression of informed dude. Do you have working Nepnep list?

Personaly I think ledger should be midrange deck with 6 mana top slot.

13 hours ago, zzMedVeDzz said:

dude, you run half agggro half Nep deck o_O

In a way. You want to guarantee the mordecai + Khawy when you spawn nep, which is why the list only has 2 and 3 drops. The 2 howls is like I said a way to burn shadows when you go into the turns after Nep, as you'll be stuck with a good 15+ shadows often. It's also a great finisher. 

The deck has done quite well for me. The old control nep deck won't do anything now, with Aegis and ramp dragon being a thing. You can't just sit there hoping you'll be fine for the uber late game. You won't be in this meta. 

13 hours ago, zzMedVeDzz said:

You make the impression of informed dude. Do you have working Nepnep list?

Personaly I think ledger should be midrange deck with 6 mana top slot.

So here's where I'm at now:

• 2x Soul Conversion
  • 3x Unica
  • 3x Lyrial
  • 3x Lurching Corpse
  • 3x Zombie Party
  • 2x Grimnir
  • 3x Attendant of the Night
  • 2x Impious Resurrection
  • 1x Deathbrand
  • 1x Voices of Resentment
  • 3x Urd
  • 3x Hell's Unleasher
  • 1x Phantom Howl
  • 3x Death's Ledger
  • 2x Goblin Princess
  • 2x Dance of Death
  • 1x Death's Breath
  • 2x Eachtar

Things I've noticed:

The deck is quite hard to play and easy to disrupt. Your most powerful plays before turn 7 don't have Storm or even Rush. In fact, followers that pop out of Ledger come into play at the end of your turn, so your opponent can react to them before you even have the option to evolve.

The RNG literally hates you, and if you spend any resources clearing out your opponent's last follower you will always get a Lurching Corpse out of the Ledger. Always. This is one of the reasons I dropped the Mordecai package - turn 9 Ledger would never give you a Mordecai anyway and drawing him on turn 2 is real bad.

You play a lot of medium sized creatures that you don't evolve, which means that you often won't use many evo points on turns 4 to 6. This makes going first a lot better than going second, but it also means that your opponent usually spends their evo points faster than you to get rid of your stream of liches. They can totally do this, which leaves you with a clear board and a reserve of evo points in the later turns.

Hitting Eachtar with Ledger on turn 8 is real bad.

You sometimes make a really enormous amount of shadows, because a single playing of Ledger is often worth 5 shadows by itself. I feel like I'm not making good enough use of the shadows with Eachtar alone, and possibly I'd be better off with Tyrant.

I hit the late game often enough that I should really be looking at some more late game plays. I'm seriously considering Pluto, but I also notice that Neutral characters never get called by Ledger, so it might make sense to run the Sahaquiel package. Yes really. Israfil, Bahamut, and Sahaquiel seem like they might fit right in.

I sometimes struggle to get the last few damage points through, because there's so little Storm in the deck.

Just now, FrankTrollman said:

So here's where I'm at now:

• 2x Soul Conversion
  • 3x Unica
  • 3x Lyrial
  • 3x Lurching Corpse
  • 3x Zombie Party
  • 2x Grimnir
  • 3x Attendant of the Night
  • 2x Impious Resurrection
  • 1x Deathbrand
  • 1x Voices of Resentment
  • 3x Urd
  • 3x Hell's Unleasher
  • 1x Phantom Howl
  • 3x Death's Ledger
  • 2x Goblin Princess
  • 2x Dance of Death
  • 1x Death's Breath
  • 2x Eachtar

Things I've noticed:

The deck is quite hard to play and easy to disrupt. Your most powerful plays before turn 7 don't have Storm or even Rush. In fact, followers that pop out of Ledger come into play at the end of your turn, so your opponent can react to them before you even have the option to evolve.

The RNG literally hates you, and if you spend any resources clearing out your opponent's last follower you will always get a Lurching Corpse out of the Ledger. Always. This is one of the reasons I dropped the Mordecai package - turn 9 Ledger would never give you a Mordecai anyway and drawing him on turn 2 is real bad.

You play a lot of medium sized creatures that you don't evolve, which means that you often won't use many evo points on turns 4 to 6. This makes going first a lot better than going second, but it also means that your opponent usually spends their evo points faster than you to get rid of your stream of liches. They can totally do this, which leaves you with a clear board and a reserve of evo points in the later turns.

Hitting Eachtar with Ledger on turn 8 is real bad.

You sometimes make a really enormous amount of shadows, because a single playing of Ledger is often worth 5 shadows by itself. I feel like I'm not making good enough use of the shadows with Eachtar alone, and possibly I'd be better off with Tyrant.

I hit the late game often enough that I should really be looking at some more late game plays. I'm seriously considering Pluto, but I also notice that Neutral characters never get called by Ledger, so it might make sense to run the Sahaquiel package. Yes really. Israfil, Bahamut, and Sahaquiel seem like they might fit right in.

I sometimes struggle to get the last few damage points through, because there's so little Storm in the deck.

Well I was actualy asking for nepnep deck xD

As far as NepNep goes, I think you're best off with 23478 at this time. You only have two spells you can cast on 2, and 6 cards makes your early turns wildly inconsistent. The 20% chance of missing a Mordecai with Nephthys on 23478 is considerably less bad than the 49% chance you straight up don't have a play on Turn 2 if you only have six two cost cards in your deck. Urd and Shadow Assassin are still bombs when you have Rabbit Necromancers and Attendants, so dropping either 4s or 5s still seems bad.

Just now, FrankTrollman said:

As far as NepNep goes, I think you're best off with 23478 at this time. You only have two spells you can cast on 2, and 6 cards makes your early turns wildly inconsistent. The 20% chance of missing a Mordecai with Nephthys on 23478 is considerably less bad than the 49% chance you straight up don't have a play on Turn 2 if you only have six two cost cards in your deck. Urd and Shadow Assassin are still bombs when you have Rabbit Necromancers and Attendants, so dropping either 4s or 5s still seems bad.

Urd and assassin in nep deck? haven't seen those since early rob. Can you drop a list?

Do you know this site?

In the last tournament 3 people played Nep with Ledger.

It seems it still the best to use Nep for 100% Khawy + Morde (at least for me...I lost so many because I dont get the Khawy heal in my inconsistent Nep) and Ledger for some tempo in the midgame. 

I play a mix them, I think the list of the 1st place is the better one, I don't like Ding Dong and the 4/4s force Dragon to use Evos, Lurching corpse quite often does nothing against Dragon and kills skeletons against shadow.

2 hours ago, Kharaxx said:

Do you know this site?

In the last tournament 3 people played Nep with Ledger.

It seems it still the best to use Nep for 100% Khawy + Morde (at least for me...I lost so many because I dont get the Khawy heal in my inconsistent Nep) and Ledger for some tempo in the midgame. 

I play a mix them, I think the list of the 1st place is the better one, I don't like Ding Dong and the 4/4s force Dragon to use Evos, Lurching corpse quite often does nothing against Dragon and kills skeletons against shadow.

Ah right, that deck. Seen a few people use it against me on ladder. My vengeance blood deck tears it apart completely. It's a bit slow, though I'm sure it's pretty dangerous when you actually get to the later turns. Issue is that the deck essentially needs to go to T4+ before it really does anything.

I still think the more aggressive nep decks fits better in this meta, as you need a decently strong early game now, or you won't make it to the late game half the time, like you said. And the times you DO make it to the late game, there is always Aegis and ramp dragon to wreck you. In my opinion, Nep should be more of a finisher than anything in this meta.