Dergonu

Any use for Nephthys in this meta?

11 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I love this card and played a Nephthys deck pretty much all of last expansion. I have been trying to make a deck with her work, but with Aegis and ramp dragon being a thing, she is just too slow and doesn't carry enough punch in this meta. A slow, win-condition-less control deck is just not cutting it. Mass banishes, (poor mordecai,) and completely unkillable units, (poor lurching corpse and underworld watchman), really just poked a giant stick in the wheel of this deck.

Does anyone have a version of this deck that does at least somewhat good in this meta? This is the list I use at the moment. If anyone has a list that is built for this meta, or at least has some tips on what one could tech into a Nephthys deck in this expansion, I'd appriciate it.

Edited by Dergonu

@Kharaxx said, that he played Nep and had good results. Let's see, if he shares his deck))

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Dergonu said:

Does anyone have a version of this deck that does at least somewhat good in this meta? This is the list I use at the moment, a (bad) result of me trying to fit the deck for this meta myself. If anyone has a list that is built for this meta, or at least has some tips on what one could tech into a Nephthys deck in this expansion, I'd appriciate it.

If I had to guess you list is not optimized enouth.

1) Sexton is a must. No sexton - no chances
2) Why do you need execution? oO You have a bazzilion removals.. free space for widows, you kinda lack a card draw.
3) Zombie party is better then resentment, why do run those? you can cut them and add little soulsquasher wich is basicaly the same thing, but better.
4) Also you can some meta adapt cards, like balor, or necroelementalist.

I played nepnep and it is OK deck right now, totaly playable.

4 minutes ago, zzMedVeDzz said:

If I had to guess you list is not optimized enouth.

1) Sexton is a must. No sexton - no chances
2) Why do you need execution? oO You have a bazzilion removals.. free space for widows, you kinda lack a card draw.
3) Zombie party is better then resentment, why do run those? you can cut them and add little soulsquasher wich is basicaly the same thing, but better.
4) Also you can some meta adapt cards, like balor, or necroelementalist.

I played nepnep and it is OK deck right now, totaly playable.

Yeah the list I use isn't that good. I added execution because of all the annoying amulets that were going around. (I made the deck originally in like, the first week of the launch of the expansion.) Test of Strength with Aegis was just so incredibly pesky, as not only was there an immortal card on the field that Nep couldn't kill with any card she spawned, but I now also just had to sit there for 2 turns and let Aegis hit me in the face, which = a loss.

Durandal the Incorruptible + ambush frog were using amulets, and during the first week they were extremely common, so I thought amulet removal would be super important. In retrospect I probably don't need those at all.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Dergonu said:

Yeah the list I use isn't that good. I added execution because of all the annoying amulets that were going around. (I made the deck originally in like, the first week of the launch of the expansion.) Test of Strength with Aegis was just so incredibly pesky, as not only was there an immortal card on the field that Nep couldn't kill with any card she spawned, but I now also just had to sit there for 2 turns and let Aegis hit me in the face, which = a loss.

Durandal the Incorruptible + ambush frog were using amulets, and during the first week they were extremely common, so I thought amulet removal would be super important. In retrospect I probably don't need those at all.

Y. But today there is no frogs, and like 1 in 10 games are against heaven. But still you have random kill minions, so frog is not a problem. Also if heaven can play aegis and test you are already lost, and execu will not help. Cut them complitly, pick some thing usefull

Edited by zzMedVeDzz

8 minutes ago, zzMedVeDzz said:

Y. But today there is no frogs, and like 1 in 10 games are against heaven.

Indeed. Thanks for the feedback, I changed around a lot of cards and this is what I have now: deck

2 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

Indeed. Thanks for the feedback, I changed around a lot of cards and this is what I have now: deck

Y some thing like this. Some tuning is still need, but it is totaly up to you. Just play some games, and based on your experience do changes.

Personaly I run 3 copyes of hunting howl for "burst" or trade, but this is not popular pick.

1 person likes this

@Dergonu

I tried a few Nep variants out, I didn't had any success with the control Nep you run. It's so hard to remove all the Shadow tokens, removal is useless against Aegis and both Silver Bolt and Zell combos hurt.

I had more success with a midrange list like this: Carrot Nep

You can change the 2 and 3 drop minions. The strategie is to play Khaiza, gain tempo with cards like Lyriel, Conjurer and Soulsquasher and use Nep and Grimnir as finisher.

Is there a reason why you are using 23478?

I think it's better to secure Morde and Khawy I would either play only 3 or only 4. 

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, Kharaxx said:

@Dergonu

I tried a few Nep variants out, I didn't had any success with the control Nep you run. It's so hard to remove all the Shadow tokens, removal is useless against Aegis and both Silver Bolt and Zell combos hurt.

I had more success with a midrange list like this: Carrot Nep

You can change the 2 and 3 drop minions. The strategie is to play Khaiza, gain tempo with cards like Lyriel, Conjurer and Soulsquasher and use Nep and Grimnir as finisher.

Is there a reason why you are using 23478?

I think it's better to secure Morde and Khawy I would either play only 3 or only 4. 

That does probably fit more in this meta. Thanks.

My list was really just a result of how I was used to running the deck last expansion. No real reason beyond that. I'll give this list a go, thanks for sharing it.

Posted (edited)

I have been using a variant of your deck @Kharaxx, and it has been working quite well, so thanks again. 

Been getting some pretty nice win streaks actually, and ranked up to A1 yesterday using it. Pretty fun being able to utilize Nep again. Was afraid Nep decks were completely dead this expansion. 

p3wpuMl.jpg

0oxT6S7.jpg

Edited by Dergonu

Contrary to popular belief "hurr durrr LIGHTNING BLAST KILLED NEP" nep is even better than in RoB.

1 person likes this