Sign in to follow this  
midgardsormr

Old RoB decks that still work fine in TotG meta

10 posts in this topic

Have you found some of them?

I'm talking specifically of decks that didn't need any change at all, or only minor changes (e.g. Execution instead of DoD).

I have been playing with Roach OTK yesterday for a couple of hours, and I didn't notice any significant difference, it's still strong. Same list as RoB, no changes. Dragon is a bit harder to beat than before, but not that much. Against aggro Shadow is a race, as usual against any aggro, but good ol' Ancient Walls keep doing their job, even if now I usually trade my Water Fairies into their Skels.

Another deck I've faced is Seraph... but I didn't use to play it myself, so I don't know if it's in good or bad shape.

Any other deck? :)

Edited by midgardsormr

Seraph gains a lot from the Candelabra Control package, so I wouldn't say it hasn't changed. Still strong though. Storm Haven is quite good, and hasn't changed much.

If you played the faster, less consistent Nephthys of 23478, that deck still does fine. Although teching in Zombie Party seems good. The slower, more controlling, more Nephthys reliant 3478 Nephthys might be too slow to sufficiently pressure Haven or Dragon. Aggro Shadow gains a lot and Midrange Shadow is a new archetype.

Daria and D-Shift are essentially unchanged but still fine budget options. Dirt Rune is unrecognizable and of course much improved.

Aggro Blood doesn't look very different, but Baphomet to Mastema is very good tech, so it definitely has changed some.

On 3.4.2017 at 1:28 PM, FrankTrollman said:

Seraph gains a lot from the Candelabra Control package, so I wouldn't say it hasn't changed. Still strong though. Storm Haven is quite good, and hasn't changed much.

If you played the faster, less consistent Nephthys of 23478, that deck still does fine. Although teching in Zombie Party seems good. The slower, more controlling, more Nephthys reliant 3478 Nephthys might be too slow to sufficiently pressure Haven or Dragon. Aggro Shadow gains a lot and Midrange Shadow is a new archetype.

Daria and D-Shift are essentially unchanged but still fine budget options. Dirt Rune is unrecognizable and of course much improved.

Aggro Blood doesn't look very different, but Baphomet to Mastema is very good tech, so it definitely has changed some.

Dirt rune is dead , the archtype they tried pushing is horrible and old dirt do not work anymore either they get totally rekt by dragon and turbo aggro shadow. And the only reason you would want to play mastema is if you specifically want to counter test of strenght + aegis and you need demon commander laura too.

13 hours ago, Envy said:

Dirt rune is dead , the archtype they tried pushing is horrible and old dirt do not work anymore either they get totally rekt by dragon and turbo aggro shadow. And the only reason you would want to play mastema is if you specifically want to counter test of strenght + aegis and you need demon commander laura too.

I don't agree.

I have changed my aggro blood to include Mastema + Bapho, and they're doing pretty well. My previous RoB list lacked some punch.

Now, especially Stolen Life seems to have been overlooked. It's a strong card in 90% of the circumstances for aggro blood.

39 minutes ago, Trimmage said:

Aggro blood.

I can agree... to a degree. :) 

Most of them run Mastema + Baphomet package now. Not enough to say that the deck has changed radically, but there's a quite evident difference between the 2 versions.

Face Drag is surprisingly good and also very very cheap (2- 3 forte is all the legendary needed)

On 4/22/2017 at 3:58 PM, Gunz said:

Face Drag is surprisingly good and also very very cheap (2- 3 forte is all the legendary needed)

Yea I noticed that. Also, if you don't have Forte I've seen a couple of lists running Goblin Princess and Aina.

On 4/22/2017 at 8:58 PM, Gunz said:

Why not Eyfa?