Juicy-OniBurg3r

I have never been so mad in my life. Repost since I origianlly posted in Havencraft on accident.

10 posts in this topic

I already have 150 hours or something, and I had a good amount of good stuff, and everything was great, I had recently gotten to B class, I then finished all the elite heroes cause I noticed the amount of gold they gave, bought a bunch of packs from every expansion using like 3 K gold from those trials, got a ton of good cards, got a lot of dust (Already had 3500 ish dust)
And a Daria. Which I was a little mad about at first, for reasons I'll get into later but...
So I'm talking with my friend, agonizing on what I should do with all that dust, I now have 7000 K dust, so many good golds and silvers I could make, maybe 1 legendary, which one, maybe none at all, an extra elf knight cynthia, rhinoceroach and windgod+ tam lin would be cheaper and better than a single ancient elf, or I could finally make those 2 silver bolts, make a hand forest, cause that's fun, I could make 2 more Neptunes, have some Queen Serpent, Neptune synergy-.......
And then it clicks: 
I go to the deck maker and fart out this deck in less than a minute, craft 1 extra Witchette Emylou and I can tell immediately it's amazing.

3 Insights, 1 Unica, 1 Levi, 3 Craig, 3 Conjure Golem, 3 Windblast, 3 Craig, 3 Witchette, 3 Clarke, 1 Conjure Iceform, 1 Conjure Twosome, 3 Piercing Rune (Overkill., but again, like 1 minute of deck building time), 3 Fate's Hand, 3 Ogler, 2 Dances of Deaths, 3 Blade Mages, 1 Daria, 3 Flame Destoryers

I am furious. That deck above could probably carry me so high up with rank with zero effort, and in fact, what's there even to consider anymore with my dust? My deck is amazing, and I could just make 2 Darias and it becomes godly. Daria is just that good.
0 effort went into the deck, I didn't even need to netdeck at all, it's so obvious. 
You know what puts the cherry on top, and why I am SO mad, but also laughing hysterically!? xD One of my two best decks is a budget Earthrite that I adore playing. That's why I was a little salty, just a bit, when I first got the Daria, because I'd never use her, but I also HAPPEN to have 7 K dust and so many of the components of an almost busted deck already.
This deck I just made is probably better than my earthrite and my dragoncraft, and my Earthrite deck is pretty darn good. Daria is simply that good.
Like, I'd have an under-budget top-tier deck on my hands, am I right? If I crafted the two Darias, I mean. Maybe 1 Daria and a Merlin instead, I dunno.
My friend agreed with me that yeah, the deck I made was already freaking amazing, and he urged me NOT to craft the Darias, even though he knew I could.

So yeah just...that's my rant. I am greatly amused and salty at the situation I am in. I don't want to play the very easy busted deck I could make with a couple of button clicks. No more fuss, and climb the ladder without a care in the world, that's what I could do.
*sigh*
Why is she so strong and why did *I* have to get Daria? Why couldn't somebody else who wants her get her, so I wouldn't have to go through this agonizing realization that I want to pass up on such a good deck that I never wanted to make and could make with a single Daria draw and an extra emmylou (The levis can come later...)?

I don't even know what replies I expect. I really don't. And I don't hate spellboost, playing against it....it isn't the worst, it can be fun, but I have zero interest in playing this deck that I practically made with my eyes closed and that could be busted just because of 1 unlucky/extremely lucky draw.

Reposted from Havencraft, since I accidentally posted there first. Sorry peeps/mods/anyone seeing that topic in Havencraft right now and just sees "posted in wrong forum" as the OP.

Tell me what y'all think though. I'm really taking it well, in some ways, but horriblyin others. I'm also being hyperbolic about the quality but like...c'mon now. We all know it's solid, just by looking at it like a check-list.

So i expect you have daria , play with her ,but feel gulty cause you play her , while other players ,just use full daria and try to get point no matter what it costs, im also ever feel like you bro. I netdeck daria, play with her, then feel guilty so i b to my original deck before, a shadow control without nep , thought its many lost , im having fun with it. I suggest you too play whatever you want. Its you choices by the way . You wanna play daria or ER, its your choice. So gl hf

P.s thought daria seems stronger ,she actually beatable 

Yeah, I am NOT making those Darias. I'm just thinking how simple it could be to do that and have a great deck on my hand and how ironic that I deliberately decided to go Earthrite but didn't get something that could go well in the deck like Sun Oracle Pascale, which can make super big minions out of guardian golems. I wanted to share the story to kinda show how simple spellboost mage is.
Someone else who would be interested in Daria could have Daria right now, and I could have a legendary I might've liked. 

I don't have anything against Daria decks...okay, maybe a bit, but not much.
I've beaten multiple Darias plenty of times before, and it's quite beatable...it's just so so so so so powerful if you draw a good hand with enough minions to spellboost, and it's really straight forward too. Like the power level can just be through the roof. Again, I made that budget deck in like a minute, because it's so intuitive what works in the deck.

I'm gonna stick with what I like though.

Daria is a "pretty decent deck." If you check winrates (as you can here) you'll find that simple Daria and hybrid Daria/D-Shift are decks with positive win rates, putting them in the list of "good" decks. But they don't have the highest winrates, and there are thus decks which by any meaningful metric are better. The best decks in the format at the moment are Face Swordcraft, Storm Dragoncraft, and Silver Bolt Forestcraft. Those decks cost forty thousand vials each. So there's plenty to work towards.

But yes, Daria is good and cheap for how good it is. To get a deck that is significanty better usually costs a lot more vials.

-Frank

I let chance guide my choices and I only craft support for what I got. I got 2 Darias, so it was obvious I would make this deck. I am still planning of making an Eath Rite deck someday. :/ 

Edited by Yxanthymir2

1 hour ago, Yxanthymir2 said:

I let chance guide my choices and I only craft support for what I got. I got 2 Darias, so it was obvious I would make this deck. I am still planning of making an Eath Rite deck someday. :/ 

Next expantion is pretty good time to dig some earth :)

Chance will tell, but I got your point. Earth Rite will have a finisher and the meta appears that it will be slower.

Haaah, <3 the emotions that come out in your post man!

OP, there is (we hope) serious looking at going on right now at the sb runecraft arsenal.

My argument is that there's a handful of other cards that aren't legit, ones that take from the flame destroyer concept, but run far far away (see related thread)  Daria is just a blind man's bluff - literally - on a class which boasts nuts-level synergies already (gee, thanks clarke:arcane nerd!)  Refilling your hand for peanuts is not "decent" as somebody above would like to call it.  No, it isn't anything like you would call decent!  If the creature daria herself was a 0/1 statted follower, then maybe that would be something like balanced.  If a slew of currently present cards disappeared from decks, then maybe daria would be a fair play (I honestly think so, even though it still leaves runecraft as the sole class that can bounce mystically from 0 cards in-hand to a fat starter hand by spending avg 4 pp while in the same play obtaining a creature with stats worth... 4pp)

With regards to the argument of the analytics watchers: wouldn't it be nice if you could just take raw data and obtain truth?  I... don't think it works like that... not quite as simple anyway.  Analytics requires work,work that we folks don't have time for since we're too busy playing sv =)

-Hippo

Daria is much weaker than Albert sword, so once Albert is nerfed then maybe they can take a look at other cards.  Unlike any rune deck which requires a bunch of set up and stuff to get your explosive plays, Albert is just an explosive play in one super broken OP card.  I don't mind explosive plays that require a lot of thought and set up, cause you paid your damn dues for it.  Something most people don't seem to understand.  You played stuff that wasn't the greatest, or took terrible tempo losses, or play a bunch of card draw just so you can get the right pieces, or cost reductions or whatever in a combo deck.  So yeah when that combo goes off, weather it is Seraph, Dshift, Daria, OTK Roach or whatever, it is well deserved.  People who don't play combo decks shouldn't comment on them.  

Stuff like Albert is an actual problem, cause you can play whatever you want in your deck, strong on curve storm and rush cards then just drop Albert.  

Interesting points, fangore, but I view these cards as experimental case studies or demonstrations.  After all if you rage that easily, I'm not sure you can handle a game like shadowverse.  They just wanted players to see "ah-ha, this is what a 6 point stormer would look like in a real game situtaion, that receives double benefit from buffs, etc.  On the other hand sometimes a controversy like this gets resolved in an interestingly unexpected fashion.  That's why I enjoy coming up with daria-response card ideas, myself.  Anyway we should not let worry ruin our sv experience (that said, I am currently boycotting the ranked play mode until further notice ^^)