Sign in to follow this  
Taigane

Theorycraft: Your Local SoulDealer

20 posts in this topic

So yesterday i made proxy decklist since it seems rather fun to use, and decided to make a thread for itself:

(Lilith is proxy for Bephomet And Barbaric demon for Bephelgor)

Your Friendly Neighbor the soul dealer

so this is a kind of midrange deck that plays on curve, then forces out a trade evolve trade against soul dealer which you then begin taking a huge tempo swing with stuff like bephelgor or righteous devil and try to finishing the opponent off with the many comboes the deck have.

So compared to the old MEME dealer build, this has way more consistency, with bephomet to search out soul dealer, this is way more consistent, also with bephelgor if it didnt go as planned.

even if you should be able to get soul dealer turn 4 or you dont think its valuabe, you can also go for a turn 5 Bephomet into a turn 6 Bloody mary + Soul dealer for a devistating combo against slow control (which also means opponent have a hard time removing the mary cause they need to get past dealer too)

So overall, i like this theorycraft (and i kinda regret now that i vialed my animated Soul dealers) how good it will be we will see doe xD~~

To know what's the best build we have to try out in the new Meta, just a few thoughts:

Only 3 Wards (without Souldealer): The health will be very low with this Deck, if you play Souldealer on 8hp you may die to burn. Maybe the new 1/4 Ward or Queen Vampire will help.

2 Wincons: You have BM + SD and SD + Laura as wincon. It requires testing, but I think focusing on 1 combo is better. Laura is imo to weak with max 6 dmg.

Succubus: I like the idea with Succubus, the Deck is very aggressive, I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't proc t3. Afterwards Erinyes is better, also has nice trades with Albert.

No Wardrobe Raider: She is great against aggro, however difficult to fit into the Deck with already 3 different 4 drops.

Curve ends at 5: With all the trading the game will not end t5, maybe a higher curve is better. Also requires testing.

6 Souldealers (with Bephomet): You don't want to play Souldealer after Souldealer and and up at max 5 health. Requires testing maybe 6 are to many.

13 minutes ago, Kharaxx said:

To know what's the best build we have to try out in the new Meta, just a few thoughts:

Only 3 Wards (without Souldealer): The health will be very low with this Deck, if you play Souldealer on 8hp you may die to burn. Maybe the new 1/4 Ward or Queen Vampire will help.

2 Wincons: You have BM + SD and SD + Laura as wincon. It requires testing, but I think focusing on 1 combo is better. Laura is imo to weak with max 6 dmg.

Succubus: I like the idea with Succubus, the Deck is very aggressive, I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't proc t3. Afterwards Erinyes is better, also has nice trades with Albert.

No Wardrobe Raider: She is great against aggro, however difficult to fit into the Deck with already 3 different 4 drops.

Curve ends at 5: With all the trading the game will not end t5, maybe a higher curve is better. Also requires testing.

6 Souldealers (with Bephomet): You don't want to play Souldealer after Souldealer and and up at max 5 health. Requires testing maybe 6 are to many.

i have considered this thing

•  especially this decklist is very reliant on its curve, not sure if im willing to risk putting extra heavy drops, since bephelgors primary job is consantly recharging hand after soul dealers,  so not sure if i wanna risk running queen, but i might consider the neutral 3 drop~~
  • reason why i run laura is while its stats isnt bad, it can turn SD to a finisher lategame if neccesary if you havent managed to finish the game off, since after playing 1 dealer, it can be really risky to use dealer without BM
  • I did consider erinyes, i might cut razorclaw if testing doesnt work out but you know, i prefer this deck to has as low of a curve as possible
  • i think that bephelgor is the reason why i can let the curve end at 5, cause body + draw without really any backfire after playing soul dealer so you can fetch stuff like blood drain sounds nice on paper, and i dont want to end up having alot of heavy cards cause i got to greedy on deck build
  • well, you will be in kinda trouble if you dont draw soul dealer early on against midrange, so will probably be neccesary for consistency

I completely forgot about the neutral Ward. I think he fits well into the Deck instead of Succubus.

The rest requires testing, who knows how the Meta looks like.

1 minute ago, Kharaxx said:

I completely forgot about the neutral Ward. I think he fits well into the Deck instead of Succubus.

Uhh Devil of love just came out, as a 2 drop, its practically a super taunt, might be interesting to use~~

2 minutes ago, Kharaxx said:

You mean shield angel ? Well im using it at my control sword wwith blitz lancer as 3 pp drops

Just now, Void said:

You mean shield angel ? Well im using it at my control sword wwith blitz lancer as 3 pp drops

Nah, the new one that actually have good stats xD~~

15 minutes ago, Void said:

The card that is a Firstborn Dragon after he got powercreeped...twice.

Just now, Kharaxx said:

The card that is a Firstborn Dragon after he got powercreeped...twice.

Grimnir ?

hmm, after rethinking, grimnir isntead of sucubus, unica instead of blood wolf, Devil of love instead of Razor claw, cutting down 1 Righteous Devil for 1 bloody mary (this is because of unica tech)

Edited by Taigane

I think the 1/4 ward will work exceptionally well here too, as your health decreasing is irrelevant if you end up playing Bephelgor anyway. Would you possibly play Maelstrom in this deck? I think that would be pretty decent with all the mid-range bodies it provides. Though maybe you won't want to, as you'd probably want to play Righteous Devil + Diabolic on turn 5 against aggro instead of Baphomet. Many situations will be played out of course, but an upside of mid-range decks is that they have flexibility in tools as long as it is on board.

Edited by Jeffaffah

8 minutes ago, Jeffaffah said:

I think the 1/4 ward will work exceptionally well here too, as your health decreasing is irrelevant if you end up playing Bephelgor anyway. Would you possibly play Maelstrom in this deck? I think that would be pretty decent with all the mid-range bodies it provides. Though maybe you won't want to, as you'd probably want to play Righteous Devil + Diabolic on turn 5 against aggro instead of Baphomet. Many situations will be played out of course, but an upside of mid-range decks is that they have flexibility in tools as long as it is on board.

I have considered it, but it would be sad if you ended up fetching Maelstrom instead of Soul dealer if you play bephomet turn 2  and then lack a soul dealer for turn 4 xD~~

(also yeh have considered the 1/4, but i just want to be sure the deck actually have enough damage to kill, then i would probably use Succubus over grimnir again)

Edited by Taigane

Just now, Taigane said:

I have considered it, but it would be sad if you ended up fetching Maelstrom instead of Soul dealer if you play bephomet turn 2  and then lack a soul dealer for turn 4 xD~~

That is true. I don't fancy Soul Dealer myself too much, what does it do for this deck?

1 minute ago, Jeffaffah said:

That is true. I don't fancy Soul Dealer myself too much, what does it do for this deck?

its the most consistent way to make sure that you actually are at 10 at turn 4, and forces an unfair trade from the opponents side, which you then can begin using bephelgor to draw into stuff like blood drain to contest against agro, he is also the highest free damage you can get with laura and bloody mary in this deck

Edited by Taigane

2 minutes ago, Taigane said:

its the most consistent way to make sure that you actually are at 10 at turn 4, and forces an unfair trade from the opponents side, which you then can begin using bephelgor to draw into stuff like blood drain to contest against agro, he is also the highest free damage you can get with laura and bloody mary in this deck

That makes sense, playing this before Bephelgor going first seems good. However, going second you will risk your opponent's dance of death. Bephelgor too of course, though I assume the utility lost in a ward is more detrimental than a 4/4 (potential 6/x after trading going second). However, Beph will assure you will be on 10 health, while Soul Dealer can cut you lower if you have had chip damage. 

It's an interesting deck, I am curious how well it will work compared to the potential Azazael, Laura and Razor.

1 minute ago, Jeffaffah said:

That makes sense, playing this before Bephelgor going first seems good. However, going second you will risk your opponent's dance of death. Bephelgor too of course, though I assume the utility lost in a ward is more detrimental than a 4/4 (potential 6/x after trading going second). However, Beph will assure you will be on 10 health, while Soul Dealer can cut you lower if you have had chip damage. 

It's an interesting deck, I am curious how well it will work compared to the potential Azazael, Laura and Razor.

its more that opponent cant ignore soul dealer, and if you go second, there is a high chance that opponent DoD on a empty board, its also the reason why i decided to use unica to recover from chip damage, and devil of love stops opponent from targeting Soul Dealer with spells, i might cut 1 drops from the deck doe (or atleast some) to get some more vengeance synergy doe~~

4 minutes ago, Taigane said:

its more that opponent cant ignore soul dealer, and if you go second, there is a high chance that opponent DoD on a empty board, its also the reason why i decided to use unica to recover from chip damage, and devil of love stops opponent from targeting Soul Dealer with spells, i might cut 1 drops from the deck doe (or atleast some) to get some more vengeance synergy doe~~

Might be ok. Your deck looks more aggro/tempo oriented. With 3x Diabolic you have almost always guarenteed 1 pp removal to weave between cards. 

Update:

With chaos ships translation putting the 2 drops into play, seems like its worth using the 1/4 2 drop and bloodwolf again, seems pretty valuable follow up on soul dealer~~

discount soul dealer is 1 mana, with marry it costs 6 mana for decent face dmg and 2 great bodies.