Vaylen

Soul Dealer - is he useful at all?

17 posts in this topic

Hello there.

I just opened the Soul Dealer  legendary.

I wondered if he is any useful.

First thought is probably the BLoody Mary combo, but... it seems both to gimmicky and to not do enough. Soul Dealer would probably go into a deck that includes Mary anyway, so the combo is simply "nice to have".

Soul Dealer's stats seem kinda poorly distributed: You'd much rather have a 4/6 or 5/5 at least, so it seems to me. But if he goes into any deck, it would probably a controllish, Vengeance based deck, that toys with its health like a cat with its mouse.

But due to both aggro and burst, that gameplan just seems unrealistic.

What are your thought on the topic, fellow Vampires?

I don't know... There is this Soul Dealer meme deck with Demon Commander Laura giving the Servants of Darkness (From Call of Cocytus) storm for 13-15 face damage. I guess it can work, personally I am not a big fan of using cards that are otherwise dead against aggro.

I was always under the assumption that vengeance is a terrible mechanic since people can play around it and dipping yourself into it with him is really risky.

Wouldn't your health be better used using things like Razory and what not? 

Forcing yourself down to 10 at t4 sounds terrifying, too, but to get use out of him you'd need to do it later. Perhaps if he dealt the damage to both players, or something (but we have a card for that, kind of)

2 minutes ago, Seimore said:

I was always under the assumption that vengeance is a terrible mechanic since people can play around it and dipping yourself into it with him is really risky.

Wouldn't your health be better used using things like Razory and what not? 

Forcing yourself down to 10 at t4 sounds terrifying, too, but to get use out of him you'd need to do it later. Perhaps if he dealt the damage to both players, or something (but we have a card for that, kind of)

In a well constructed Bloodcraft deck, you can control Vengeance pretty well, I feel. I think what makes the mechanic seem "bad" is:
1. Lack of quality heals that actually hit a little sooner than turn 7-9, or vengeance drains that dont only trigger on fanfare, but as a static trigger.
2. Amount of off-board burst some decks/cards have. Looking at Albert especially, but also stuff like Genesis Dragon, evolve+storm comboes and combinations of direct damage some classes have access to.

That said, forcing yourself down to 10 is not much of a problem early. I do it all the time with Dire Bond, and never was really punished for it. Forcing yourself to, say... 6, however, could be a problem. If I have made soul-dealer, I probably would have made him kind of "Stronger without vengeance"-esque, but maybe that's just me.

Question really is: Is it worth it to even build heavily around vengeance? What are the cards that make you want to do that?

35 minutes ago, Jeffaffah said:

I don't know... There is this Soul Dealer meme deck with Demon Commander Laura giving the Servants of Darkness (From Call of Cocytus) storm for 13-15 face damage. I guess it can work, personally I am not a big fan of using cards that are otherwise dead against aggro.

Hum, seems like a possibility, but it probably just is rather inefficient. While I do like gimmicky decks, I do not like inefficient ones.

I think the new expansion card baphomet gonna hep us with this card , 1 pp soul dealer can be combo well with laura and mary 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

On the combo Bloody Mary and Soul Dealer really works on the 9th turn if you have a Control Deck coming to life I've already got 10 life points on opponents doing it

On 03/03/2017 at 0:18 PM, Vaylen said:

Question really is: Is it worth it to even build heavily around vengeance? What are the cards that make you want to do that?

Currently Not
Bloodcraft Vengeance has always been very inconsistent since this game launched I can say this because I am one of the few that will try to make it work on a Built Deck and I always post complaints and suggestions here in this forum (not in a topic itself, but I'll wait for the next one Expansion going out and if Vengeance remains useless on the Built Deck I will put my suggestions on a suitable topic for this)
But I'm very hopeful in this next expansion the new cards
Spiderweb Imp carries features similar to the Frenzied Juggernaut are cards that deals damage to you if you are not in Vengeance or would be a "Simple and Practical" way of solving the problem Vengeance I really hope that leaves more cards with this kind of effect to Finally the Archetype begins to see game

I have some videos testing the latest expansion in a Vengeance Deck if you want to have a look ...

14 hours ago, Void said:

I think the new expansion card baphomet gonna hep us with this card , 1 pp soul dealer can be combo well with laura and mary 

Yes really Baphomet will end up generating more combos so we will see if they are viable when we see it in practice

Edited by Malkavian

A Soul Dealer deck was doing okay at Master Rank for a little while back in DE.  It wasn't high Master viable but it was doing well enough that you could feasibly build a deck around the card and win some games.  Not much has changed since then so I would assume it's still viable.  Just... not something I would ladder with.

I don't see Baphomet + Soul Dealer becoming a thing.

11 hours ago, Malkavian said:

On the combo Bloody Mary and Soul Dealer really works on the 9th turn if you have a Control Deck coming to life I've already got 10 life points on opponents doing it

Currently Not
Bloodcraft Vengeance has always been very inconsistent since this game launched I can say this because I am one of the few that will try to make it work on a Built Deck and I always post complaints and suggestions here in this forum (not in a topic itself, but I'll wait for the next one Expansion going out and if Vengeance remains useless on the Built Deck I will put my suggestions on a suitable topic for this)
But I'm very hopeful in this next expansion the new cards
Spiderweb Imp carries features similar to the Frenzied Juggernaut are cards that deals damage to you if you are not in Vengeance or would be a "Simple and Practical" way of solving the problem Vengeance I really hope that leaves more cards with this kind of effect to Finally the Archetype begins to see game

I have some videos testing the latest expansion in a Vengeance Deck if you want to have a look ..

The Vengeance-deck seems fun, but I can't help but feel that a more traditional Control-Blood would outperform it. Difficult to say, though...
I think those "Damage while not in Vengeance" cards are very nice in enabling Vengeance-based decks.
I wonder if, with more quality wards(Or strong Vengeance-wards), playing around it will truly be possible. The dream is to toy with your health up and down as you see fit, eh?

short answer: yes

long answer: yes he does

Soul Dealer can be put to use early vengeance. Don't be afraid to use him there are very little cards which can be used to deal lethal early game. So chances are, you'll win the trade.

1 person likes this

Fun to play with, but u won't win match. 

He's not fitting in this meta. And his stats are way too aggressive

Actually i was going to make  a new th talking about this card haha, i wanted to test a deck but its too expensive to craft.

I think soul dealer, just as said, can combo really good with tons of BCraft cards, i thought of a deck this:

1PP)
Ambling wrath x3

2PP)
Blood wolf x3
Razory Claw x3
Hungering Hord x3
Hamsa x3

3PP)
Demon comander Laura x3
Dire Bond x2

4PP)
Dark general x2
Wardrobe Raider x3
Soul Dealer x3

5PP)
Bloody Mary x2
Cocytus x2
Diabolic Draon x3

6PP)
Demonic Storm x1

7PP)
Alucard X1

8PP)
Revelation x3

You can control the game with Hungering, Razory, Diabolic and Revelation.
You Dmg your self to trigger vengance and you can also heal a bit with some cards such as Wardrobe/Diabolic/Alucard
You can combo lot of followers with Laura: Hamsa (maybe if they poop a behamut on 10) Wardrobe, Servant, Bm and Dealer
You have some storm Followers like: Wolf / Dark general / Alucard
You can Also BM combo: Dire bond, razory, dealer, Ambling.

Let me know what you think, i couldn craft any legendary so i cant test it D:

11 hours ago, Le Gord said:

Snip

I do not see the point of Ambling Wraith or Hamsa(Both seem to simply not fit the deck).
The deck lacks both early-game and survival tools(I think if you use soul dealer, you want more effective heals and more wards).
Call of Cocytus seems unnecessary. I'd sub it for dance of death or something similar.
Mary is really good~ Slap her in thrice.
I think 3 Revelations are enough. You shouldn't need the demonic storm, too.
You can use Laura together with drain minions - that's her main draw. Your deck does not take that synergy too far.
Hungering Horde/Razory Claw: They are too similar. It can be a good idea to use different types of damage-removals, like adding Sadistic Night.
The Mary+Soul Dealer combo works best when at full health... Thus, you would like the heals even more.
You could try to go more into the Vengeance stuff and use, for example, Morianna. Soul Dealer should enable this.

Well, those are my thoughts on it ^^"

@Le Gord

I tested your deck, but it does not work very well very often you are left without the possibility of playing cards because you are in poor health and they will end up killing you...

Hi there!
I'm new to this forum, but I love Bloodcraft.

Regarding this topic, I have a practiced desk using Bloody Mary and Soul Dealer and Baphomet.
By turn 6 or turn 7, I can usually get the upper hand or win.
By turn 7, if I have 1 Bloody Mary and 2 Soul Dealers (costing 1 each), then if you have a fair bit of health, you can pretty much end the game.

The deck does have a backup plan in case Baphomet doesn't come up in time.
E.g. Here's a example.
If people are interested, I can post more example and my deck too.

The idea behind the deck sounds quite nice. How often can you pull the combo off? Can you send a decklist? What rank are you playing at?

Posted (edited)

Hi,

About 40% of the time, around turn 6 and 7 all is good.
I made the deck so that only Soul Dealer comes out when I use Baphomet.

As a backup, if Soul Dealer comes in early at full orb value, I use Demon Commander Laura so that turn 7 he can storm.
OR...

Another backup, is to have the Mask of the Black Death in before the Dealer comes out.  So by turn 4, you can get Soul Dealer out (he's probably target practice but it's good to freak out the opponent with a 6 attack).

Otherwise, I ward up.

I'm at rank B3.  I don't play as often as I like, but I do like to strategize. :)
When I get the portal deck going, I'll respond back with the deck. :) 

Edited by SunStreaker

Frankly I don't own any but I never ever encountered it nor found any purpose he would serve. I think I might have encountered him against some players who pulled a couple of removal and Baphomet. I guess he can do a fun deck running, as mentionned above, a Bloody Mary-Dealer combo.

It likely implies careful deck building management because your remaining life amount is half your damage output, rounded down, with the combo. It also implies legendaries used for a very specific style of deck. If you wanna try it, you might want to explore further.

BUT I'm 100% convinced that at the current state of the game, you do NOT want to run this card regardless of your point unless it's the playstyle mentionned above, because the following cards exists according to what you're seeking : Goblinmount Demon, Dire Bond, Full Moon, Belphegor.