Drago

Introduce yourself here!

320 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, keonspy said:

I am at C0 now on a 4 game win streak, but how do you get walled then? how does that work?

Once you get further up the ladder, opponents have more refined decks than you will find at C, which will make it harder on you to climb if you are piloting one deck. Unranked matches are also tied to your rank for matchmaking, so even though you aren't risking Ladder points, you will still find the opponents just as challenging.

It also makes doing daily quests a severe pain (which are good for getting gold and packs) because a lot are craft specific i.e. Win 4 games as Havencraft. If you are running just one craft deck it will wall you at a high rank and make growing your collection difficult.

There is also the worry that your deck will fall out of viablility with new expansions or random nerfs.

On 2017/8/6 at 5:39 PM, Unryuu said:

Maybe I should ask the two of you for some JRPG recommendations sometime :D, I wander around Steam too playin games besides Shadowverse.

Well, I'm not the biggest steam user myself, so my knowledge on that is pretty limited, but Valkyrie Drive is pretty darn entertaining. (It is a bit... lewder than Hyperdimension Neptunia. Whether that is a good thing or not is up to you. :ph34r:)

We all know it's a good thing.

Oh and welcome to all the new people! o/

1 person likes this

28 minutes ago, Morrigan said:

Once you get further up the ladder, opponents have more refined decks than you will find at C, which will make it harder on you to climb if you are piloting one deck. Unranked matches are also tied to your rank for matchmaking, so even though you aren't risking Ladder points, you will still find the opponents just as challenging.

It also makes doing daily quests a severe pain (which are good for getting gold and packs) because a lot are craft specific i.e. Win 4 games as Havencraft. If you are running just one craft deck it will wall you at a high rank and make growing your collection difficult.

There is also the worry that your deck will fall out of viablility with new expansions or random nerfs.

Ah I see, but I didnt wanted to mention this, because some players dont like P2W but i already spent some money to get cards, so i pretty much have 2 or 4 good decks atm. And thanks for the tip for the quest as well ;) I mostly skepp those quest i dont have all the cards for haha

Hi ! I'm Marcherfu (Here's my ID for the ones who want : 943 511 606), a french player of Shadowverse and i'm playing since 1-2 weeks approximately.

I fully cleared Runecraft and Heavencraft stories and the other ones to chapter 8. (for the harbinger flair) I also beated all the bots in Elite and Elite 2 with 2 decks : a Runecraft D-Shift and an Alice Runecraft which isn't fully completed. (just added 3-4 cards that aren't in my original decklist to use it versus Elite bots) I really like the spellboost ability and decks that turning around like D-Shift decks, that's why i decided to main Runecraft. My favorites cards are the Bellringer Angel, the Clay Golem and the Summon Snow (especially when it's spellboosted) due to their sounds. (yeah just cause of that ._.')

I'm still at Beginner 0 cause i want first to use all the Take Two tickets i have (i have 9 tickets left) and pray for getting at least the vials to craft my last Alice and my 3 Wizardess of Oz cause i want to complete my Alice Runecraft deck and start ranked with it, but it seems like impossible when i saw the enemies i fight every time in Take Two.. :/ (for example on my actual Swordcraft run i'm at 0/3 cause i faced 1 Master-rank player, 1 AA-rank player and 1 A-rank player and i'm not actually that good so it's like a free win for them x'D)

1 hour ago, Marcherfu said:

Hi ! I'm Marcherfu (Here's my ID for the ones who want : 943 511 606), a french player of Shadowverse and i'm playing since 1-2 weeks approximately.

I fully cleared Runecraft and Heavencraft stories and the other ones to chapter 8. (for the harbinger flair) I also beated all the bots in Elite and Elite 2 with 2 decks : a Runecraft D-Shift and an Alice Runecraft which isn't fully completed. (just added 3-4 cards that aren't in my original decklist to use it versus Elite bots) I really like the spellboost ability and decks that turning around like D-Shift decks, that's why i decided to main Runecraft. My favorites cards are the Bellringer Angel, the Clay Golem and the Summon Snow (especially when it's spellboosted) due to their sounds. (yeah just cause of that ._.')

I'm still at Beginner 0 cause i want first to use all the Take Two tickets i have (i have 9 tickets left) and pray for getting at least the vials to craft my last Alice and my 3 Wizardess of Oz cause i want to complete my Alice Runecraft deck and start ranked with it, but it seems like impossible when i saw the enemies i fight every time in Take Two.. :/ (for example on my actual Swordcraft run i'm at 0/3 cause i faced 1 Master-rank player, 1 AA-rank player and 1 A-rank player and i'm not actually that good so it's like a free win for them x'D)

Heh, welcome abroad, fellow Runecrafter. Have fun in the forums.

Hey all. I've been playing since the Steam release, and I've always had a soft spot for the Earth Rite subtheme of Runecraft. I even went so far as to make my climb to Masters with it during the Rise of Bahamut format in spite of all the Daria and Roach highrolling that was going on at the time. I won't lie, though - I've always had some flavor of Forest in my back pocket as well. Using Control Neutral Rune these days when I have to grind some ranked, but otherwise I tend to stick with Take Two. Big fan of the current Take Two format, by the way. I've gotten a 5-0 over each of the past 4 days despite a huge drought of them between Tempest and pre-nerf Wonderland.

Ohayou gozaimasu, minna-san.~<3 ^^

I would like to start off by introducing myself and letting everyone know that I will be going by the username "Arisa." I have recently gotten back into Shadowverse after having not played the online-trading card game for a few months. I am extremely passionately about Shadowverse and love everything about it, ranging from the community, gameplay and the style of the artwork. I would also like to learn more about Shadowverse through the official forums, but also get to know everyone and befriend them all; as well as find out what got the majority of the users here into Shadowverse, and why they love playing the game. I look forward to reading the replies that I may receive from some of you, but also as well as the private messages (if that is a functionality on this forum. xD).

That is sadly all from me, for now; sayonara, minna-san.~<3 ^^

1 person likes this

15 hours ago, Arisa said:

Ohayou gozaimasu, minna-san.~<3 ^^

I would like to start off by introducing myself and letting everyone know that I will be going by the username "Arisa." I have recently gotten back into Shadowverse after having not played the online-trading card game for a few months. I am extremely passionately about Shadowverse and love everything about it, ranging from the community, gameplay and the style of the artwork. I would also like to learn more about Shadowverse through the official forums, but also get to know everyone and befriend them all; as well as find out what got the majority of the users here into Shadowverse, and why they love playing the game. I look forward to reading the replies that I may receive from some of you, but also as well as the private messages (if that is a functionality on this forum. xD).

That is sadly all from me, for now; sayonara, minna-san.~<3 ^^

My name is Blightsteel.

I just recently started playing but have been devoting a lot of time into Shadowverse because I am a weeb who also loves card games.

I main Aggro Bloodcraft for the time being. I am not an innovator by a long shot. Ill always play one of the best decks in the meta. 

So I guess you could say that I don't necessarily have a main. I just jam games to climb ranks. 

I hope to eventually be invited to tournaments. But until then. Ill just keep playing ranked.

5 minutes ago, Blightsteel said:

I just recently started playing but have been devoting a lot of time into Shadowverse because I am a weeb who also loves card games.

:D welcome

Hello there, folks. I am Caster, a 25-years-old something who likes to try new things, which is why I'm here. I decided one day that I'd really love to try playing a card game like this, and that's when I saw an ad or a trailer for this game. I thought, okay, let's try this, and here I am.

I've been playing Shadowverse (very irregularly) since midway through Rise of Bahamut, and I enjoyed it very much. Because I'm utterly clueless at this whole thing (Shadowverse is my first venture on games of this kind; I never touched Yu-Gi-Oh and I never heard of Magic the Gathering until my college days), I made many embarrassing mistakes, like playing Jungle Warden on a full field, going way too overboard with the Vengeance mechanic until I killed myself, and forgetting my Shadow count despite having it displayed on the screen. Losing is still fun though, since I ultimately play these kinds of games to laugh at my own mistakes and relish my victories.

Due to my irregular play schedule, I'm still on C0. I don't exactly mind, though I'd love to climb up the ranks to fight more fun, unpredictable opponents. Besides being a very irregular player of Shadowverse, I do a lot of things. From writing, reading books, and playing other, more 'accepted' board/'table' games like Chess, Shogi, Mahjong, Poker, Bridge, and many more. Drown in the darkness, o dear wanderers lost in unrelenting shade.

If anyone get that reference, I swear I'll be your fan for the rest of my life. I'll put your photos on my room, I'll build a shrine for you, I'll make some spells, I'll make some meatballs in the shape of your head, I'll eat that meatball, I'll make a new dish dedicated to your name, I'll--

Thats from some band I think lol

Welcome to the forums!

Haven't heard of MtG until you were in college...travesty!

Hi all !
I'm Nicolas, French student in Biology :)

I'm 21 and I'm playin' Shadowverse for approximately two monthes now. My favourites Decks are ForestCraft and ShadowCraft, but I'm touching to all of them, because I think that playing a Deck is the best way to learn how to counter it.

Anyway ! I'm here to find a "Mentor", or kind of. Because I'll pass A0 in some days, but the game are getting harder and harder. I think my win rate is 80%, but it's going down more and more, and I think I'll reach the limit of what I can afford by myself. This way, and seeing that I want to keep playing on a competitive level, I'd like to find someone that could help me progress, as well in terms on Deck Building as in terms of Strategy. Please let me know if you're interested in ! I'm motivated, used to play CCG (and TCG as well (i.e FF TCG, Magic, Yu-Gi-Oh).

Have Fun !

24 minutes ago, Neecow said:

Hi all !
I'm Nicolas, French student in Biology :)

I'm 21 and I'm playin' Shadowverse for approximately two monthes now. My favourites Decks are ForestCraft and ShadowCraft, but I'm touching to all of them, because I think that playing a Deck is the best way to learn how to counter it.

Anyway ! I'm here to find a "Mentor", or kind of. Because I'll pass A0 in some days, but the game are getting harder and harder. I think my win rate is 80%, but it's going down more and more, and I think I'll reach the limit of what I can afford by myself. This way, and seeing that I want to keep playing on a competitive level, I'd like to find someone that could help me progress, as well in terms on Deck Building as in terms of Strategy. Please let me know if you're interested in ! I'm motivated, used to play CCG (and TCG as well (i.e FF TCG, Magic, Yu-Gi-Oh).

Have Fun !

Hi, I'm Unryuu ... been playing since the RoB expansion, and on the forums for a few months now. I usually contribute mainly to threads on theory, cards, and decks for Shadow/Haven specifically. I'm currently playing in Masters with the same Shadow Control deck I used to climb up there relatively smoothly this season ... would be open to talking about what I know on the subject, if you want.

I also play all the other variants of Shadow, such as Tyrant or Mid, etc., and most of the Control Haven archetypes ... but I have decks for all the classes, except Blood/Rune. I probably don't dare pass on advice on Forest next to others here, but I do build all the decks I pilot myself, so if you'll have me I can help there, as well as on the subject of combo/control strategy, which I definitely play specifically over a lot of tempo/aggro decks.

Edited by Unryuu
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

'Ello everyone!

I'm Tintehfiend (TinTheFiend) and I just started shadowverse earlier this week!

I'm actually coming from a series of mobas that turned super pay to win, and am very happy with what I've seen in SV so far.

The only card I disagree with in the entire game is D-Shift. Even with a negative win% it's a stupid concept in any card game to have a "skip the opponent's turn" that wins the game when it's played.

I'm a Shadowcraft Main, so I'm sure that puts the prior in context. In comparison, I'm not even mad when PDK clears my board, the only thing that gets me salty about her is hearing "CARE TO TOUCH" 4 times in a row when she can't be smacked in the face.

Edited by Tintehfiend

31 minutes ago, Tintehfiend said:

'Ello everyone!

I'm Tintehfiend (TinTheFiend) and I just started shadowverse earlier this week!

I'm actually coming from a series of mobas that turned super pay to win, and am very happy with what I've seen in SV so far.

The only card I disagree with in the entire game is D-Shift. Even with a negative win% it's a stupid concept in any card game to have a "skip the opponent's turn" that wins the game when it's played.

I'm a Shadowcraft Main, so I'm sure that puts the prior in context. In comparison, I'm not even mad when PDK clears my board, the only thing that gets me salty about her is hearing "CARE TO TOUCH" 4 times in a row when she can't be smacked in the face.

Hi. Nice to see more new faces appearing in the game and forums. Enjoy your stay.

P.S As a Runecraft main and an old time D-shift player i find that statement offensive.

P.P.S You started like 3 days ago and already meeting some of the top decksO.o

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Alexx55 said:

P.S As a Runecraft main and an old time D-shift player i find that statement offensive.

I find your choice of Interaction Shift as a deck to play offensive :P, Alexx.

Edited by Unryuu

Posted (edited)

Well, I just got into the D ranks with this list:QULwlkh.png

Edited by Tintehfiend

Greetings one and all,

Name's Child of LocLac and I've been playing Shadowverse ever since I left Hearthstone during the infamous pirate meta. I've been lurking on these forums a while now and have finally decided to step into the light (yes it burns, but I have plenty of sunscreen.)

I'm a free-to-play player who mains Dragoncraft, but am comfortable with all classes. I am hoping that Cygames gives discard dragon some support soon so that my Imperial Dragoons can do "Whatever it takes to prevail!"

My current rank is B1, but I have no desire to raise it. It's high enough that I face good players, but not so high that I only face meta decks.

Look forward to speaking and playing with you all.

Edited by Child of LocLac