Skeletor

Talk About Whatever

4,183 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Othello said:

Oh 3 was great, I remember playing through it the first time, and getting that little sprite battle with Ortega, and the dragon, game opens with you thinking Dad/Ortega died, but by the time you get to the end, he’s still fighting that darn dragon, it’s like “daaamn, how is that possible” xD so epic though, it’s great going through the steps you eventually see in the first two games, since 3 is the the first chronologically, though I’ll admit, DW2 opening was quite a tear jerker too, with the castle getting ransacked. 

Cant remember which game of the original triology it was, (think it was 2 with Hargon’s castle) you could only save at the kings, so you save, then head off through the first dungeon, then you come out, outside of Hargon’s Castle, and in most modern games you’d save here, but no.... so continued into the castle, and then you find out most of the common enemy’s have Sacrifice.... RIP 1hr every time. Rofl. God that was infuriating the first few times. 

Ortega was a stud, he didn't possess the means to win the battle but he sure wasn't going to get defeated either.  What is so interesting is while the dark world is the world of DQ 1 and 2, the place where most of DQ3 takes place is our world.  Is there a way for me to go to Alefgard and battle slimes myself? If only another hole opened up! 

DQ2 that overworld part after the cave as you travel to Hargon castle is brutal.  There were these flying monkeys with defeat (insta kill) spell, and then giants that frequently landed critical hits which would kill like any party member.  

18 minutes ago, fangore said:

Ortega was a stud, he didn't possess the means to win the battle but he sure wasn't going to get defeated either.  What is so interesting is while the dark world is the world of DQ 1 and 2, the place where most of DQ3 takes place is our world.  Is there a way for me to go to Alefgard and battle slimes myself? If only another hole opened up! 

DQ2 that overworld part after the cave as you travel to Hargon castle is brutal.  There were these flying monkeys with defeat (insta kill) spell, and then giants that frequently landed critical hits which would kill like any party member.  

Oh yeah, the monkeys are the worst, doesn’t matter what game in the series, monkeys are the worst, and frequent enough to get annoying, right from the get go, with Baboons in DQ1 when you don’t understand the different terrains have different encounters n encounter rates, and that’s why you should always grind red/she slimes in the plains, rather than go into the mountain ranges xD its really no surprise though, that Pazuzu, being a monkey becomes part of the unholy trinity of Atlas, Pazuzu and Belial. They’re the top of their respective monster families for a reason, though personally, my least fav monster to go against has always been Keeleon/Marquis De Leons, Cold Breath always seems to get me at some point, it’s a hard lesson for the series to always make sure to have something that assists v breath attacks, most of the games don’t tell you outright, so most folks just go for highest defense, then wonder why they get pelted by back-to-back Breath attacks haha, 

Battle for Azeroth for World of Warcraft releases later today at 3 PM for me (I live on west coast).

HYPE!

But however,

Here comes the server crashes since everyone wants to play as usual with every expansion.

Any of you guys play WoW?

Played for a tiny bit, and I know a bit of the lore, mostly due to the fact that a good friend of mine plays quite heavily.

On 8/12/2018 at 3:04 PM, Othello said:

Oh yeah, the monkeys are the worst, doesn’t matter what game in the series, monkeys are the worst, and frequent enough to get annoying, right from the get go, with Baboons in DQ1 when you don’t understand the different terrains have different encounters n encounter rates, and that’s why you should always grind red/she slimes in the plains, rather than go into the mountain ranges xD its really no surprise though, that Pazuzu, being a monkey becomes part of the unholy trinity of Atlas, Pazuzu and Belial. They’re the top of their respective monster families for a reason, though personally, my least fav monster to go against has always been Keeleon/Marquis De Leons, Cold Breath always seems to get me at some point, it’s a hard lesson for the series to always make sure to have something that assists v breath attacks, most of the games don’t tell you outright, so most folks just go for highest defense, then wonder why they get pelted by back-to-back Breath attacks haha, 

Ha monkeys are always evil in these games!  Though I think Pazuzu was the easiest of the three, I think he had low HP.  Atlas was brutal.  Marquis De leons, yeah breath attacks are brutal they usually do big damage too.  

I'm trying to think what is my least favorite monster to go against.  Well there are many powerful and sometimes annoying ones, though anything with insta kill spell is frustrating.  Oh DQ1, red dragons.  You are by yourself in that game, red dragon puts you to sleep then you have to pray you wake up before it attacks you enough to kill you.  

46 minutes ago, fangore said:

Ha monkeys are always evil in these games!  Though I think Pazuzu was the easiest of the three, I think he had low HP.  Atlas was brutal.  Marquis De leons, yeah breath attacks are brutal they usually do big damage too.  

I'm trying to think what is my least favorite monster to go against.  Well there are many powerful and sometimes annoying ones, though anything with insta kill spell is frustrating.  Oh DQ1, red dragons.  You are by yourself in that game, red dragon puts you to sleep then you have to pray you wake up before it attacks you enough to kill you.  

Relatively speaking, I agree, Pazuzu are the easiest, because you’ve got the tools to deal with them since they’re end game, but characteristically, they’re the toughest, because unlike most monkey enemies, being physical, they’re more demons, so have access to a whole lot of annoying debuff magics, which can rather easily break you if you let them live, it’s why the trinity works so well, because it’s actually a balanced party set up, which is rather neat, Pazuzu are low hp, high speed magic damage + debuffs between the likes of Snooze, Thwack, and fire/ice elements , Atlas are strong, tanky, single target physical hitters, and Belials are the AoE magic users, with the likes of Kaboom, and Scorch/Flame Breath, so you really need to be prepared for them xD 

Oh yeah, I remember Red dragons in 1, but I don’t recall being alone for them, thought red+blue dragons only showed up in the dragonlords keep, though it’s possible we’re both being mixed up, cause I think you fight a Green Dragon as a very early boss in the cave south of Kol, cause you have to rescue Lora, bah, just proves I need to go replay them lol. 

On 8/14/2018 at 12:56 AM, Othello said:

Relatively speaking, I agree, Pazuzu are the easiest, because you’ve got the tools to deal with them since they’re end game, but characteristically, they’re the toughest, because unlike most monkey enemies, being physical, they’re more demons, so have access to a whole lot of annoying debuff magics, which can rather easily break you if you let them live, it’s why the trinity works so well, because it’s actually a balanced party set up, which is rather neat, Pazuzu are low hp, high speed magic damage + debuffs between the likes of Snooze, Thwack, and fire/ice elements , Atlas are strong, tanky, single target physical hitters, and Belials are the AoE magic users, with the likes of Kaboom, and Scorch/Flame Breath, so you really need to be prepared for them xD 

Oh yeah, I remember Red dragons in 1, but I don’t recall being alone for them, thought red+blue dragons only showed up in the dragonlords keep, though it’s possible we’re both being mixed up, cause I think you fight a Green Dragon as a very early boss in the cave south of Kol, cause you have to rescue Lora, bah, just proves I need to go replay them lol. 

Lol...can we say DQ has the best most amusing spell names ever!  I don't know why they originally were afraid to translate it accurately and gave us generic names like Hurtmore, Healmore, blaze, etc.  Pazuzu low HP did make him the easiest.  The trinity was well thought out I agree.

Red and blue dragons only showed up in dragonlord keep, but the hero (Erdrick) was always alone.  The only game without other party members, meaning if he is put to sleep....you keep losing entire turns.  Red dragon death was often, Red dragon casts sleep.  Hero falls asleep.  Red dragon attacks.  Hero still asleep.  Red Dragon attacks.  Hero still asleep, and so forth.  You think if a giant red dragon was clawing/biting or roasting you alive that would be a wake up call.  

Have you had the chance to check out SMT series?  I think you'd really like it.

5 hours ago, fangore said:

Lol...can we say DQ has the best most amusing spell names ever!  I don't know why they originally were afraid to translate it accurately and gave us generic names like Hurtmore, Healmore, blaze, etc.  Pazuzu low HP did make him the easiest.  The trinity was well thought out I agree.

Red and blue dragons only showed up in dragonlord keep, but the hero (Erdrick) was always alone.  The only game without other party members, meaning if he is put to sleep....you keep losing entire turns.  Red dragon death was often, Red dragon casts sleep.  Hero falls asleep.  Red dragon attacks.  Hero still asleep.  Red Dragon attacks.  Hero still asleep, and so forth.  You think if a giant red dragon was clawing/biting or roasting you alive that would be a wake up call.  

Have you had the chance to check out SMT series?  I think you'd really like it.

Hacksaurus. O: stop tormenting the new players outside Farebury! 

Spell names in DQ are indeed rather fun. Oomph, Thwack, Squelch, etc, the use of onomatopoeia for them is surprisingly fun. xD the original translations were rather on the nose though, defeat, healmore, healusall, to name a few. But ah! Right, he was, can remember now, haha. 

As for SMT, i’ve only played the persona series, and nothing from the main series, they’ve been great, but can’t say i’ve played any of the main series games.